• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Persona: Shadow Investigations - Interest Check

i need to finish up the bio a bit, though i dont mind starting
i think i'll be less busy on sunday, though if you want to start earlier thats fine by me

Yup we decided to wait a bit for more characters I believe~

Hmm... I may be interested, but here's a quick question... I haven't played the Persona Series (read about it, though), and have a character from a few other RP's... I was wondering if you'd be alright with a "Crossover Character", or would that kinda-sorta be pushing it a bit? ^_^'

Figured I'd ask first since, while it might seem a bit far-fetched, Persona did have a Crossover with "Fire Emblem", so the presence of "People from another world/time" wouldn't necessarily be impossible... but I figured I'd check with y'all before submitting a character app. ^_^'

while yes, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was a crossover with Fire Emblem and the Megami Tensei franchise, FE characters were exclusively Mirages, so in a sense i'd think crossover characters from other franhises would be more Persona/Shadow type characters ?
unless your crossover character is an oc, which you can adapt to fit the Persona world

Justin93Daniels Justin93Daniels
Like piichivy piichivy said, Tokyo Mirage Sessions was a crossover with Fire Emblem that included Fire Emblem characters as Mirages, but that was the extent they were involved in. Even then, they still followed the whole 'I was a shadow but now i'm not' concept, so...it's hard to determine. For the sake of the RP, I cannot allow you to play as the character themselves, but you can certainly have them be a Persona if you so wish. You would just need an original character to control them with.

Hmm... well, imagine this. He's been tracking down a strange Fog from his world that caused "Mysterious Disappearances". In his world, he hunts otherworldly beings, in a sense similar to Supernatural, only with its own unique twists.

He's hunted things like Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, Ghosts, Changelings, Wendigoes... all kinds of paranormal things. Even a few Eldritch Horrors.

The Fog, however, is more than just some unusual fog, but rather, a portal between worlds that keeps sending him into other worlds, with only one phrase... "Help them".

His notable things would be a curse that prevents him from "Staying Dead". Rather, when he dies, his body vanishes, and reappears near a random unmarked grave in his world, or in this case, a nearby grave that's close to where the Fog is.

He would still feel the pain he felt prior to his death, which more often than not, has him unconscious for a good bit. Then he would re-awaken with a bit of low-grade amnesia, to the point where he wouldn't remember the last few hours prior to his death. And he'd likely still feel the pain for a few days.

Finally, he also has the power of "Astral Projection". He can cast his spirit out of his body to fight with spiritual versions of his weapons, which would simply be a silver-tipped Pipe Wrench and a modified quad-barrel shotgun. As a drawback, however, his body would be left exposed. While his curse would prevent him from being possessed, it still doesn't mean he can't be attacked. And when he is, his spirit would be forced back into his body, and he'd be somewhat disoriented from the "whiplash".

I'm not really too confident in my ability to make an Original Character for Persona, however, due to my limited knowledge of it, anyways, so if y'all don't accept then it's fine. No hard feelings. ^_^'

Well.......the other world thing might be plausible, given that the Shadow World isn't something that is clearly understood. But while the spirit thing about him might be something he could do in his world, if he was sent to a world where the story takes place, then that wouldn't exactly...exist, per se. However, he could still have those 'powers' in the form of his Persona, which, as it is described in game, is the facade that people put up to deal with the world, and is the only way Shadows can be fought. A Persona is something you will need in order to participate in any fighting. That is something you cannot get around. If you need somewhere to start on your character, start with their Persona and their Arcana. Anyone familiar with Persona, myself included, would be glad to help with your creation.

Hmm... what if, instead of having a Persona, he Astral-Projects to use himself as one? It's how he usually dealt with Spirit-Based enemies back in his own world, after all... well, that and a few bits of Himalayan Rock Salt, Acadia Wood, and a few other things... ^_^'

Mmm...I would have to say no. Shadows aren't spirits: in a simplified way, they are thoughts and emotions, the wants and desires of humanity. Distortions of a persons heart. While something like that would affect a human, I dont think it would do anything to a Shadow or a Persona. Like I said, there really isn't a way around it. The only person in the Persona franchise who I think could affect Personas without using one was Sho, but that was because he had a Plume of Dusk inside him and they weren't in the real world and this other junk.

xAlter xAlter
Did something happen with your CS? It looks all jumbled to me.

Alright, I'll cut you a deal. Say that he can summon his spirit version or whatever and that it can now act as its own entity, where he can give it direct commands, and we'll call that your 'Persona'. Name it...Walker, or something. Understand though that his paranormal powers will be limited to the Shadow World. He'll be a regular guy when not in that world. If you can agree to those, then with a few more minor edits, I can accept your character.

xAlter xAlter are you using dark mode ?
your formatting isnt quite accessible to everyone, as setting the text color to white makes it impossible to read on light mode unless you were to highlight all of the text.

xAlter xAlter
Did something happen with your CS? It looks all jumbled to me.

Alright, I'll cut you a deal. Say that he can summon his spirit version or whatever and that it can now act as its own entity, where he can give it direct commands, and we'll call that your 'Persona'. Name it...Walker, or something. Understand though that his paranormal powers will be limited to the Shadow World. He'll be a regular guy when not in that world. If you can agree to those, then with a few more minor edits, I can accept your character.
Hmm... I don't know about the "Own Entity" thing... what if he just "Goes to sleep" in the real world, then "Assumes control" of his Persona Form while he's asleep? Like some kind of "Remote Control" operated by his mind?

... Or wait, was that what you were saying? Sorry, not entirely sure if you meant like "His Persona Form is another person ASSUMING his identity, and listening to what he TELLS it to do", or "His Persona Form is like a second body for him to inhabit while using his powers"... ^_^'

Oh, but don't worry! The only thing "Paranormal" about him, at least that people would likely be able to see, would be the results of his "Nox Eternus" curse... which even then, he'd probably do something dramatic, like jump off a bridge or something, and into the water, so that others don't see him "Vanish". This way, he can "Awaken" somewhere away from that location, blend in with a crowd, and wait for the heat to die down, before returning to his task. After all, it was part of his Job Description to keep subtle, stay secretive, and absolutely, under no circumstances, let the Public Eye see something out of the ordinary.

By the way, newbie question... is the "Shadow World" like some kind of "Parallel" to Earth, or is it an entirely different place?

Also, there's an "Eraser" button in the Color Menu, at the bottom-right corner of it. THAT'S the one you need to click in order to switch back to default color. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back