• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Perchance to Dream

Elle Joyner

Fracturer of Fairytales

84cef5a4-10ad-472b-90e2-5650838113e1.jpg

cbb0944c-51d3-4636-adb5-fff8558ad6f4.png
"In Dreams As In the Real World...

Nothing is Ever Quite What it Seems" -Koontz

What happens when it becomes illegal to sleep? When the only means of staying awake is a supplement that you happen to have an intolerance to? When your body suddenly stops responding to the Nudge Patch, it’s all you can do to stay awake - but it won’t last long…
909fd712-619a-4f69-925d-fd1902345bae.jpg

And things become inherently worse when you discover it may not be a fluke… Someone has been tampering with the medication supply, but their motives may not be entirely what’s expected. Someone's been lying to you... and it's time to discover the truth.

Why was sleep outlawed in the first place? What’s so dangerous about those things called ‘dreams’? You might not know, but you’re about to find out. Just don't get caught...

GENERAL INFORMATION

Level: Detailed

Writing: High Quality || Three Paragraph Min.

Genre: Modern/Realistic

Secondary Genre: Action/Adventure

Tone: Exciting, Suspenseful

Player Autonomy: Medium

Prerequisites: N/A

Scale: Mid-sized (7-10 players)

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Poe

A world where reality and dreams collide and nothing is quite as it seems. You'll portray a lower class citizen, employed at The Warehouse- an enormous multi-level factory that does everything from assembly line production to telemarketing.

For the better part of your life, you've responded well to the Nudge Patch, but rather unexpectedly, you've begun to show signs of rejecting the medication. Previously, it's was assumed this medication would only prove ineffective in those with a specific genetic trait known as Narcs (Narcoleptics).

You've done your best to hide this sudden development, but it's only a matter of time before you're discovered. Possibly more disconcerting are the dreams you've been having. Dreams of a world, ripped apart... a wasteland of death and devastation, where voices cry out in constant agony and need - voices you can never find... which can never find you.

You wake, sweating... heart pounding, but even as sleep fades, the dreams do not. They cling to you throughout your day... walking, waking terrors. You're sure you're alone... until the letter arrives.

You have been chosen.

Don't fear the dreams.

Fear everything else.

You will be contacted soon.

Note: This is only the interest check -- I am not yet ready to begin accepting characters. Just want to get an idea of interest.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by traditional/the usual ( xD Those are the same word in my brain)

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]I'm not entirely sure what you mean by traditional/the usual ( xD Those are the same word in my brain)

[/QUOTE]
Sry, forgot that no one uses that term on rpn )

Traditional is tabletop style, like when there is a gm who tells you what happens to your character and completely controls the universe.

The usual is well, when there is no gm... Looks like I didn't need to ask.

@SubSonicSausage : OH! Haha - I gotcha, now. Um... neither, I suppose? It'll be GM led, but not entirely spoon fed. Essentially, I'll be directing the plot where it needs to go, but your characters and their actions are your own.

Elle Joyner] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/10766-subsonicsausage/ said:
@SubSonicSausage[/URL] : OH! Haha - I gotcha, now. Um... neither, I suppose? It'll be GM led, but not entirely spoon fed. Essentially, I'll be directing the plot where it needs to go, but your characters and their actions are your own.
Ah, ok.

Interested! Want to first see how it goes after the start, cause you know, a lot depends on the people :) But that intro is priceless.

I'm gonna finish up today and then I'll send out the link for everyone, so you can check out the rest of the info :)

Oh Elle, I am all over this! I noticed you've craftily started setting up the RP thread for this and had a read of everything that was there and loved it.

Would you rather we wait until the entire RP thread is finished with setting and neutral character information tabs and the like before submitting a character sheet for review?

Absurd - Yess, please! There'll be a lot of important info in those few pages :) I'm gonna try to get it done today (provided the toddler cooperates xD )

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Absurd - Yess, please! There'll be a lot of important info in those few pages :) I'm gonna try to get it done today (provided the toddler cooperates xD )

[/QUOTE]
No worries, thought I'd ask before barging in and ruining everything! Can't wait to see what else is coming, the idea is compelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the impression that there is some vague Lovecraftian inspiration in there somewhere, especially concerning the subject of the dreams the characters have pregame. I'm excited regardless, but even more so if my impression is correct. I love Lovecraft and could definitely see how it might tie into the whole 'don't sleep or else' bit.

Haha - That's funny, because to be quite honest, I've never read Lovecraft... I'm not even familiar with any of his works... but I get that, alot.

If you're interested, I have some Lovecraftian ideas....

Massive tentacled god demons anyone?

Winged eyeballs that read minds and drive people insane?

Space eels from another dimension with a taste for human flesh?

JK

For real though, I'm interested in this, for the feel alone. Count me in.

This sounds amazing! Would love to join :)

LunaTwilight and I will have our characters in on Friday! :) Very excited for this RP. You can tell a lot of love was put into it.

Sorry folks - had family visiting this weekend. Official thread is up - but still gotta finish one section. I'm hoping to have it open for characters by Wednesday at the latest!

Alright folks - all done. Let the character creation process begin :) and best of luck to ya! :)

THIS is the link to the Character Sign-up, but please be sure to review ALL the pages thoroughly, before applying - specifically the rules page.

If you have any questions at all, just PM me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back