• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Paw Print Hotel| Open

Should they have co-ed rooms?

• Totally.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, sure. Whatever. Don't care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• NO! EWWWW.

• Total voters

Reine

clinomania

embed.php

Colorful-Paw-Prints.png

Intro

"Thank you for joining me at Paw Print Hotel. For those of you who do not know me, I am called Hostess, nothing more. I stopped aging many years ago, so please do not assume I am as young as you few.

"As most of you have heard, this hotel was created by and operates on magic. I am going to swear on my life that this is completely true. I am the one who created this building.

"In case you haven't heard about how this hotel operates, or have heard wrong, I will clarify. If you do not find someone you love before leaving the hotel, you will turn into an animal."

How It Works

"See, we would have people turning into animals all over the place if we didn't explain the rules so you were sure to follow them properly.

"If you leave the hotel for more than eighteen hours, you will be turned into an animal.

"If you don't find someone in six months, you will be turned into an animal.

"If you kill an animal in this hotel, you will be turned into an animal.

"And if you make me dislike you, you will be turned into an animal.

"Now there are a few things. When you are turned into an animal, it will be whatever represents you best. Cruel people may become bulls or snakes. Happy people may become dogs or rats. If you are fearful, you may become a rabbit or a mouse. This goes without saying, but when you are changed, you cannot talk."

In The End

"Even if you lie to yourself or the other person does not return your feelings, you will not become an animal as long as you find love.

"You either love or you do not. In the case that you do not, you can only be changed back when somebody loves you. That is why happier animals have a better chance of being loved. Cruel people do not deserve to be loved.

"At the end of six months, you will know. And at that point, whether or not you are physically changed, your life will never be the same."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nachetanya

tifa_lockheart_by_vjvarada.jpg

Nachetanya gripped her key tighter and pretended she believed the woman. Which she did. A little. When the hostess owner lady stopped talking, she stopped off at a coffee machine before heading up towards her room, not waiting for her to spout more crap lies. Maybe later she would be able to go out for dinner or swim in the pool or something a normal person would do, but not now. She had to bring her luggage up anyway.​

Her sister had gone missing a few months ago after staying at the hotel. The family was presented with a cat and told it was their beloved Diana.

Despite their disbelief, they kept the cat anyway, assuming someone set the hostess up to tell such a lie. Still, they couldn't bring themselves to get rid of the animal. Nachetanya turned eighteen less than a week ago, and, as a way to sort of prove to her family that keeping the cat was useless and not to give up on the search, she intended to stay at the hotel for six and a half months. Day one.

A dog nearly ran her down, chasing an armadillo down the steps. The hotel was crowded with animals, said to be the ones that weren't taken in. She stopped at her room and unlocked the door, leaving it open just a few inches when she went inside.

@Spectrum @Andie @Ammy @scaryyangell

Nick was shocked at the amount of animals at the hotel. She never had a problem with animals - just never seen them in a place like this. It was almost shocking how clean the hotel was otherwise. She ignored most of the Hostess' ramblings, thinking it was some joke that wasn't very well thought out. It couldn't be real, right? It was silly and down right unbelievable. Nick laughed at her thoughts, knowing it was silly to be worked up over something so small.

She wanted to stop and get a drink, but it seemed that there were lines stretching from every corner of the room. Sighing, she began looking for the rooms where they would be staying. She finally found a long hallway, lined with numbered doors. Nick began searching for one that matched the number on the key she had been given. After walking back and forth for a few minutes, she finally found the door that matched her key. She reached for the handle, but it seemed like the door was already unlocked.

She gave a small knock before entering. The first thing she noticed was the smell. It wasn't like a normal hotel that smelt of bleached sheets or dust and mildew. It smelt sweet, like incense was burning somewhere in the room. On one side of the room she noticed her suitcase sitting on top of a bed. She walked over to her bed, not noticing the other person in the room. She checked to make sure everything was in her bag still before placing it on the ground and sliding it under the bed.

When she looked up, she noticed the other girl in the room and nearly jumped out of her skin. "Oh, uh, hi! I'm Nicki, but most people call me Nick," she said with a nervous laugh.

@Quarantine

Ketsuo found himself idly playing with the key, awkwardly rolling it between his fingers as the owner of this establishment explained the rules. The last few months have been chaotic to say the very least. Go to this location. Have a match with this person. Stay at this hotel. Recover. Set out for a new battle. Repeat. No complaining. No losing. Next.

Admittedly he got a rush from it; the thrill of having a new obstacle to overcome. Yet with each win he found himself becoming tired from more than just the physical blows, bags forming under his eyes. He was a long way from Japan and while in the ring he couldn't ever let his fury be quelled he had to admit that his manager's fondness for themed hotels was getting a little problematic.

"If you do not find someone you love before leaving the hotel, you will turn into an animal."

The boxer repeated the words in his head before dismissing them with a quiet sigh of frustration. This was almost as strange as that Romanian hotel where all the beds were modeled after coffins, but even so he couldn't complain when all of his travel expenses weren't coming out of his pocket. Stuffing the key into his pocket he grabbed his luggage, carrying the three bags of suitcase. As he approached what he had deduced to be his door his eyes slowly widened at the site of a small, long reptile with a multitude of bright yellow blotches all over the creatures body. As silence overtook him the snake turned it's head toward Ketsuo and stared back at him, locking eyes with the human. It felt as if it wanted to say something; as if it was staring into his very soul. After a few seconds of awkward silence the creature simply stuck out its forked tongue and flicked it in the air at nothing in particular before lazily slithering off into another section of the building.

'That was...poisonous?'
Ketsuo questioned. Bright colors usually meant that from what he had learned from television and while that probably amounted to very little it still made him uneasy. Hostess was taking this gimmick much too far.

With a low growl he retrieved the key from his pocket and slide it into the door, unlocking and opening it. As he dragged his belongings inside one thought pushed itself to the front of his mind.

'If I die I am going to sue the hell out of them.'

Nachetanya

tifa_lockheart_by_vjvarada.jpg

Nachetanya raised her eyebrows in amusement. "I'm Nachetanya. Or Hetanya or whatever else you can think of. People don't usually find me this scary. It's not my face, is it?" She pointed to herself before letting her lips curve into a smile. "It's great to meet you."

She turned around and sat down on her bed, deciding to lie down after a moment. Staring up at the chandelier, she asked, "What animal do you want to be? If you don't find anyone." The question was purely to see if she believed Hostess, not really out of curiosity. Answering it herself, she said, "I'd like to be a porcupine or alligator... or something. People wouldn't really like me, but they'd stay the hell away."​

@scaryyangell

(Sorry! I fell asleep at the computer)

(Hizui´s/ Lycan´s POV: )

By the looks of it, the hotel was as busy as ever. The latest round of visitors had just finished it´s eternal cycle of guinea pigs that couldn´t even express the truth to the others. Truthfully, the only people that came out of here did so satisfied or unable to tell anyone about it, as they had been turned to animals. There were always a few who did, at the beginning of any round of tourists or people who were desperate to fall in love. Otherwise, why come to this place, full of "animals", right? Maybe you were an animal lover... Well, if you were, you might even get to experience it first hand. How it feels like to be one.

I rolled a little on the ground, scratching my ear a little above the collar. Indeed, it was an experience I knew about well. Those that didn´t fall in love, in my group had already left, in four paws most of them. Either through the doors of the hotel or through those of heaven. I had seen many come and go, but honestly speaking, I didn´t care too much. I had decided to stay only because I didn´t want to go live in the streets or worse.

The place was pretty inhumane, though. As I got up and headed down, I once again sighed over the fact that not only were we turned to animals at the minimal mistake, we were nearly thrown out. Suddenly, not only did we no longer have a room, we were forced to go out to get our own food.

It wasn´t like I didn´t deserve it, though. I headed towards the usual place. I knew it would run out of food soon and that I´d have to go further away to fetch some, but for now the old butchering factory was enough. Blood had a weird taste in my mouth, like a sweet. I carved my teeth onto the remainings of a pig and pulled until it got torn from the chain.

It wasn´t like I wasn´t used to corpses either.

I returned to the hotel, dragging the corpse with me through the gates. It was better to eat in a warm place than the cold outside, at least. Plus, I might be able to fetch some scraps from the actual guests.

Rei

Red-hair-anime-girl-use-phone_1680x1050.jpg

Rei waited at the stairs a full minute after watching the boy disappear into her assigned room.

Scary.

She had nothing but a backpack, mostly containing her laptop, phone, three changes of clothes, and a couple of chargers. Only the necessities.

That likely wasn't the case as the hotel had phones and even a few computers downstairs, not to mention that she would probably spend more time in her room than anywhere else, defeating the purpose of the trip.

Mostly she came to see if it worked, as she had been told by a friend that she saw a guest turn into a duck right in front of her, so she quickly tried to become friendlier with the other guests.

Her friend got married soon after leaving the hotel, so if the animal thing wasn't enough motivation, finding someone else was.

That didn't mean they had to return her feelings.

So maybe she'd end up playing the third wheel. Again. She'd become content with that, actually, for a while. Though she was genuinely positive, her love life had previously looked like a tornado of shit.

She ran her fingers through her red hair and approached her doorway, looking in gingerly.

"Hi," she said. Her voice sounded strange, so she entered the room a few inches and repeated, "Hi. I'll be staying in here too, so I just wanted to know your name. I'm Rei. Spelled R-E-I, but pronounced Ray." She offered a weak smile.

What the hell.

It just hit her, like a brick, that she would be sleeping with a male for the first time in her life.

As an only child to a single mother, she had little experience with boys, which was probably the reason she spent her whole life sending mixed signals and avoiding them in general.

As for girls, she considered it, but was never brave enough to just ask what someone's sexuality was. You don't just do that.

@Ammy

Andie swiftly walked to her room, the key clenched tightly in her left hand. The girl was only looking for somewhere to sleep for a night, but is close enough for her to get to work without waking up and the butt crack of dawn. The girl had a rather horrible day, but this? This was just the icing on the cake. The poor girl is being held captive at this hotel for six months, or at least until she could find love. Is this some kind of sick joke? What if all the people here were immature simpletons?! The best part? She had to share a room with a total stranger.

The girl stumbled upon many animals while looking for her room. She saw quite a few cats and a snake, which she paid no mind too. Andie decided she would deal with all of this nonsense later, like maybe tomorrow.

The girl finally reached her room, so far she was the only resident to enter the room. The girl sighed and set down near the door. In order to prevent any trouble she'll just let her new roommate pick which bed and whatever they wanted, its' not like it really mattered to her anyway. Andie pulled a stack of papers she needs to grade, twenty-six essays, and made her way to the common sitting area in the lobby. She sat down at a table with a few other chairs and started grading essay's.

Ketsuo threw his bags onto the ground in an empty corner of the room, a loud thud and brief ringing of metal on metal filling the air as the contents shuffled about before falling still once more. Inside everything came in a set; two beds, two dressers, one more of every important object than was needed. Either his employers were becoming incredibly generous, or far more likely he had a roommate.

He could feel a knot in his stomach forming at this realization. Sharing space wasn't an issue, but with the kind of place this was mental images of how horribly it could go wrong immediately began to overpower him. His schedule dictated that he remain here for several months and attend quite a few more matches. The night before a match he would be laying in his bed, moonlight shining through the window. His new "acquaintance" on the other hand would be causing all kinds of chaos. A fox screeching loudly as it frantically clawed at the floor, struggling to bury one of his weights that he had spent all evening slowly dragging to the other side of the room. A mean spirited llama spitting at him every five seconds. Maybe if he was lucky it'd just be a wolf trying to take a few bites out of one of his legs.

Hearing a voice from the door he turned to face the newcomer, his eyes lighting up as he felt his anxiety wash away after stating that she was the other occupant. The fact that they were assigning random men and women together was strange to him but so long as they lacked claws and fangs he really didn't care what they were.

"Ah, hello. I'm Hojou Ketsuo, though just Ketsuo is fine." Smiling faintly in return he extended an open hand toward the young woman. His knuckles were bruised and several scratches adorned his fingers, mementos from his latest challenge. "It's nice to meet you."

@Quarantine

Rei

Nishikino.Maki.full.1955968.jpg

She glanced down at his hand calmly. The first thought that ran through her head was:

Holy shit. He's definitely in a gang.

Her eyes wide, she took his hand for a brief moment before letting go as if it were hot metal. The girl took a few steps toward her bed, thinking of all the ways he could murder her. She turned around, brushing off the thoughts she was having.

"Ah, yeah. I was just wondering what happened to your hands." She paused. Maybe he would think she was on to something, so he would kill her anyway. "I just thought you might be a street fighter or something. Or maybe that was just an accident- the wounds on your hands." She cringed at her own words, and tried not to grimace.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer. Just want to get to know you a bit." That was mostly true.

@Ammy

Ketsuo tilted his head, picking up on how uncomfortable Rei seemed to be. With her question he couldn't help but get a sense of amusement from her assumption.

"I'm not quite cool enough for street fighting. Sorry." He said, a smirk curving at the edge of his lips. Rather than clear her uncertainty he instead kneeled beside one of his bags and unzipped a section, beginning to rummage through his belongings. "They've been working me a lot lately. Have a busy couple months, so I'll be around for a bit. But...uh, Hostess. Well, her act is over the top. A bit much to make people stay longer."

For an instant the thought popped into his head that perhaps against all odds her claims were genuine. Nodding to himself as if to scatter the notion, he spotted what he was looking for. Grabbing onto the pair of red boxing gloves that had been tied together by their string, he pulled it from the pack and lobbed the piece of equipment toward Rei.

"Professional boxer. Those only do so much." He explained, shutting his eyes as he contemplated his next statement. Admittedly he was curious about her as well, though given the circumstances pressing for information could be a poor choice given how she must view him. "She kind of picked this hotel for me. My manager, that is. How did you end up here?" He questioned, immediately assuming that the other occupants had to have been led to stay here as he was rather than coming here of their own free will.

@Quarantine

Rei

Red-hair-anime-girl-use-phone_1680x1050.jpg

Rei listened quietly. When he finished talking, she paused, unsure how to answer that.

"Just... heard it from a friend, I guess. She was here before and said she saw someone meet their six month mark... and so she watched when they turned into an animal. Not sure if she's trying to play match maker in some weird way, but I believed her until I got here. I pictured Hostess as some sweet old lady. And nothing she says makes any sense. It just doesn't happen."

The girl stopped talking for a moment before asking, "Anyway, I wanted to know if you wanted to do something together. I just got here too, so I don't really know anyone.

@Ammy

(There's someone going around pretending to be me, with a very similar name and avatar, as well as the same title that I had previously. Cute.)

@Qurauntine Heeeeyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back