• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder

Silanon

Four Thousand Club
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"Kazragun - a name that speaks for itself. Blood altar would be the most appropriate translation - and that's exactly why we'll burn it down. We've won many battles so far, with minimal losses. Nothing withstands the force of our cavalry attacks, or the holy wrath of our elites. But Kazragun will be different. It is a stronghold, guarding the strait between the main land and the Orc Islands. It's the place where they first landed, bringing war to our peaceful lands. And it's come a long way from there. At first, it was just a small assemblement of tents, between the ancient trees of the elven forests. Today, it's a buzzling city, its suburbs even bigger than those of the King's town. Narrow streets, fragile buildings, dirt and traps - we'll have to expect everything in there. And we'll have to rely on other forces than our cavalry. Messengers have been sent in all directions, offering good money to everyone willing to draw his sword for our just attempts. Three mercenary companies have already agreed to form the first line of attack, others will surely follow. As long as we make sure that their actions agree with the purest foundations of our cause, their attacks will be guided by the Holy Light. They won't fail, just as our whole war will end with nothing else than a success."

Grand Master Vyran Torch, Order of the Flame

It's been three years since the king died - in the midst of the orc invasion, with no heir to take the lead. The wise man's forethought, however, has prevailled thus far. Offering regency to the Order of the Flame in case they fight off the invaders, the former kingdom has united its forces in a bloody crusade northwards. Kazragun is the last orc stronghold on the main land, meaning that the siege will not only end the war, but decide over the future of those fighting for the right cause. With so much on the line, it is safe to say that backup in form of as many men and women as possible is very much appreciated. You are one of the freshly-recruited mercenaries, looking to fight for a good cause, earn quick money or finally get to unleash your powers without restrictions for once. As the attack begins, you'll be one of the first to enter the city - but soon enough, you'll notice that there is more to fear than just orcs and traps.

Lately, things have been rather quiet for me on RPN - therefore, I would like to set up a Pathfinder campaign, the paragraphs above being a short impression of what I have in mind.

To aviod any trouble with time zones etc, this will be pbp - a minimum of a decently-sized paragraph every three or four days is demanded, more is appreciated.

As this is my first attempt on dming Pathfinder, I would like to exclude third-party content and homebrewed things - other than that, I'm open for interesting concepts. Expect a bit of fighting and politics as well as some exploring and hopefully a ton of fun as we surpass the swamps and enter the streets of a city unknown.

Questions, remarks, or anything else I should know of? Tell me in the comments below.

@MetalgeardudeIn general, that shouldn't be a problem. Do you have experience with other dice rps, such as DnD or similar systems?

There are certainly people out there who are better at teaching new systems - I'll try my best, though. You might want to take a look at the srd: http://www.d20pfsrd.com

I would love to get into a Pathfinder game.  Hopefully my history as a player jinx will not doom this game before it starts.

It'd be great to have you - every streak of bad luck will end at some point, right?

I have a Rogue all ready to go that was written up for a previous game that, amazingly enough, never took off.  All I will have to do is adjust the stats for a new point buy or whatever rolling method you choose. 

Cleric and rogue sound like a good start.

I planned to go with point buy - 15pts, or alternatively ability scores of 15,14,13,12,10,8. Also, we'll use the average starting wealth for the respective classes - just makes sure that noone gets screwed while the next one brings four spare swords just in case his longhammer doesn't get the job done.

Cleric and rogue sound like a good start.

I planned to go with point buy - 15pts, or alternatively ability scores of 15,14,13,12,10,8. Also, we'll use the average starting wealth for the respective classes - just makes sure that noone gets screwed while the next one brings four spare swords just in case his longhammer doesn't get the job done.

Are you going with Traits?  The Rogue I have in mind had the 'Rich Parents' one, giving me some extra starting cash.  Also, can I twist your arm to get a higher level of a point buy-in?  If not, I'll find a way to survive without my Dex maxed out, but it will make me cry.

Does one trait or two traits+a drawback sound reasonable? There's a lot of nice stuff in there to play with...

What kind of point level were you thinking of? 25 lets you max out a stat without any real drawback, so I'd prefer to go with less than that - does 20 sound fair?

Are some of the uncommon races allowed within this? I have a kitsune bard that I would really enjoy using. However, it's been a long time since I did a traditional Pathfinder campaign, so I may be a nuisance.

Does one trait or two traits+a drawback sound reasonable? There's a lot of nice stuff in there to play with...

What kind of point level were you thinking of? 25 lets you max out a stat without any real drawback, so I'd prefer to go with less than that - does 20 sound fair?

I like having the ability to have that 18 dex for all the bonuses that go with it, but as a player, I always want more for my characters.  I can pull off a 20 point buy for stats; I can get a good level of dex and still have some points left over for the rest of the attributes.

The number of Traits sounds good to me.  I had two on my character already, and I already know what Drawback I would take.  I just need to remember the actual name of it.

Sweet. The Charismatic Queen Bard shall make her appearance. Now I just have to work with the point system again. V_V I haven't used it in so long it's not even funny. I've been just rolling characters with friends. I seem to have the luck of the Irish. I normally get at least one nat 18. Yay for a 20 stat at level 1. Lol.

Sweet. The Charismatic Queen Bard shall make her appearance. Now I just have to work with the point system again. V_V I haven't used it in so long it's not even funny. I've been just rolling characters with friends. I seem to have the luck of the Irish. I normally get at least one nat 18. Yay for a 20 stat at level 1. Lol.

You can still pull off a 20 starting out with the level of buy in we have; it will just hurt your other stats a bit, but it can be done.  I'm seriously pondering how bad I want my 20 dex as a human rogue.

Let me send a shout out to @Dicer.  He's a good friend of mine that has been wanting to play Pathfinder for a while, and I'm sure he'd be interested.

You can still pull off a 20 starting out with the level of buy in we have; it will just hurt your other stats a bit, but it can be done.  I'm seriously pondering how bad I want my 20 dex as a human rogue.

sadly I won't be aiming for the 20 charisma. May just settle for an 18. A bard is all about talking and being the face of the group wile being the support in combat. I'll see. I've got the core rule book and everything.

@Silanon is this starting out at level one?  Just curious.  I have no problems with building up a character from humble beginnings.

My plan was to start at level 1, then go from there. So far, we have a bard, a rogue and a cleric - any ideas what you'd be interested in, @Metalgeardude? I'll probably set up a thread later today, since it seems as if we'd get a large enough group together.

We just need Dicer to get in here and play his meatshield dwarven fighter that he has written up.  I sent him a text message to take a look at the site, so hopefully he'll want to give this a try, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back