• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder in the Forgotten Realms

PirateLexi

All Hail Cthulhu
So I've been really in the mood for some Forgotten Realms of late, and since I'm still fresh off the boat in 5e, I thought I'd see if there was any interest in a standard old school forgotten realms campaign (using Pathfinder rules cause I just like them better :3).

Would prefer to play but absolutely willing to run it, I haven't run a D&D game in a while so it'd be nice to get back into that mindset :D .

As an aside, it is possible I could do this as a chat game, but it would have to be incredibly specific about the times (and subject to change, unfortunately.)

If I can come up with about 4-5 people who would be interested and willing to go for it, I could definitely do this.

I'm always short in D&D

So either Gnome, Kobold, Goblin, Halfling, or Dwarf.

Probably Kobold or Goblin though xP

I love being a smart and snobby Kobold

"Disgusting creatures."

*Beat*

"... Right, who am I to talk." 
I'm also updating my knowledge of D20 by studying Darths & Droids religiously.

Well then to point out, standard races (and in forgotten realms, that does include the PF equivalents to the Genasi, Tieflings, and Aasimar, and the base + new core classes are what I'm allowing. There is however a write up somewhere that I liked that does have the sub-races for all the FR stuff (cause there's a ton) that I'll see if I can hunt down. 
http://community.wizards.com/forum/forgotten-realms/threads/1538291

First post there has it all really good. I'm good on the pathfinder equivalents to the Genasi, which are the Oread, Ifrit, Sylph, and Undine.

I'm not a big fan of them, to be honest. If you can make me a good case, I might allow one. 
To whit though, I -will- allow Archetypes on a case by case basis. Some of them are really neat, some of them are really broken, and some just don't fit in Faerun.

I'd still prefer to make sure I have enough people willing to commit before I set anything up. I spent a LOT of time setting up my last game only for 3 out of 6 people to vanish and the others to repeatedly make the most intentionally anger-inducing characters that I didn't even get past the first scene.

I understand.. that happened to me too. I did a pathfinders when the dice system wasn't here and it had people (They all failed to make a good Character sheet) and they never posted once! Soo much effort into that damn rp. I had a tab for all the races, classes, alignments, and deities in the info part. I made a character sheet in format of this so people only had to copy it and start typing.. I even gave them character generators if they didn't get how to do the character sheet (admittedly an annoying process)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back