• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Path of the Taelesol OOC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Hello! My name is Mythy, and I have a setting and idea I'd like to do with a fun group of players! Here it is:

full

The players are of an elf-like race known as Aer. They inhabit their world of Shylyr Vasadi (Wondrous Paradise), where the world is full of natural wonders and resources. The Aer build their cities into forests and mountains, using the natural world as the foundation for their buildings.

df5f4b33ca203d7a0fbedb7f2bdb0183.jpg

The Aer have built a connection to one of the more powerful beasts of the land: Dragonwolves, or Pandrylyr. Canids large enough to ride, with feathered wings and horns on their head, they have become linked to the Aer in a powerful way. A Pandrylyr, when born, will sometimes feel a strong link to a young Aer, and when they are a few days old they begin their search for the Aer teen. Once they meet, they become inseparable and the younglings are inducted into training to become a Taelesol. They train until the Pandrylyr is old enough to fly, and beyond.

A Taelesol, during their training, finds the weapon that suits them the best, and forges one of their own. They gain armor crafted in the colors of their Pandrylyr, and learn to control the magic element that they share with their partner.

Taelesol are trained for good reason: Pasandrylyr, the Dark Dragonwolves. They are bipedal, hunched-over monsters that wield claws and crude weapons with deadly efficacy. Though all Aer are trained as guardians, it takes a Taelesol and their Pandrylyr to beat the insurmountable odds that are normally faced when Pasandrylyr attack.

The players would be young Adult Aer, newly found by their Dragonwolf and inducted into training. From there, they would be trained as a squad and face dangers, as well as normal life challenges.

Hello and welcome! First off, just a few general rules:

1) Please respect one another, and my word as GM. Differences of opinions may arise, but please handle those respectfully. As well, if I make a mistake I will own up to it, but please don't make a habit of challenging and arguing my rulings.

2) Follow RPN rules, obviously. This means, for example, in combat don't get too gory in your description when you finish an opponent

3) Please do not discuss real-world hot-topics (such as politics and religion) in here. I personally RP to help me escape from those stresses, so arguments dredging up that stress here is something I would like to avoid.

4) Don't be afraid to ask questions or comment! I would love to help you learn, and perhaps I will learn something in the process as well. Also, I love to chat so don't be afraid to hit me up for some interaction!

5) Please be careful about god-moding and other similar actions.

Posting and Combat Rules

Posting rules are simple: Longer can better, but I understand that length can be a struggle (it is for me). As such, I ask for generally a minimum of one paragraph. As well, I would like to aim for at least one GM post a week in most situations, which means that I would like at least one post a week from players - more can be better, though.

Combat will be narratively done without dice rolls. In most cases, you will attack your opponent with strike attempts - saying what your character does to affect combat - and I will post the results. When it comes to a finishing blow, the player who beat the enemy will often get a chance to describe finishing them. Please don't steal their glory! I will state in the post or in OOC who gets to finish which opponent when.

Only one, are we allowed to play characters with mental disabilities? I personally like playing high-functioning autism/Asperger's, because it makes the characters infinitely more relatable for me.

BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 You too? I don't have a problem with that, as long as it's handled well. It may be interesting to see how they take to being a Taelesol and to the training.

I suppose that I should elaborate that we're starting with the Pandrylyr as pups, about the size of a small dog. Within a year of training they'll be large enough to ride and fly.

Well, the capital - where the training and RP will be taking place mostly - is situated in the side of a mountain, like in the picture. Below is a forest valley, which spans far, with a river and lakes. Thunderstorms are somewhat common, though in the winter months those give way to snow.

Does that help some?

Yooo, just wanna say that I’m excited about this! It’ll be my first group rp in awhile and first rp on this platform in general. I’m gonna work on getting a bio set up pretty soon for my character.

Well, the capital - where the training and RP will be taking place mostly - is situated in the side of a mountain, like in the picture. Below is a forest valley, which spans far, with a river and lakes. Thunderstorms are somewhat common, though in the winter months those give way to snow.

Does that help some?

Yes! That's perfect. :)

Quick question.

In terms of things like markings and overall appearance of our Pandrylyr, do we get creative freedom? There doesn’t seem to be any guidelines or rules in place for creating them, unless I skimmed over something. I just wanna check before I let my imagination do it’s own thing!

Jabu Jabu the body type is always generally that of the picture I had in the original interest check. Beyond that, you can have fun with colors and markings.

And may I ask just whoever wants to answer what they think of my character?

Jabu Jabu the body type is always generally that of the picture I had in the original interest check. Beyond that, you can have fun with colors and markings.

And may I ask just whoever wants to answer what they think of my character?

Okay! I’ll reference the picture for the body type. Im gonna have fun designing this!

I also really like your character! I’ve read his bio a couple times and he sounds pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back