• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Passion in Education

Life.

Forever Wandering
Supporter
A roleplay between StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 and me.

Ever since the beginning of her college career, it's been pretty much smooth sailing for Valory. She never pushed herself to strive for honors or high grades, always laying within the average range. There were times though where busting her butt off was required, the time of mid-terms and final exams. Otherwise nothing really drew her attention to her grades until now as she looked onto her smartphone with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. "Is that a 54 I see in my grades? And it being on an essay?!"

The surprised student scrolled through the page, in search of which class and professor had given her such a startling number. "Dammit..." There Valory saw the professor's name, Dr. Vahdin. From the start Valory received weird vibes from her, she was one of the few professors that made it onto Valory's list as 'weird and stay away.' But after seeing the low score, at least for her standards, Valory knew she was going to have to talk to the professor and get things straighten out.

The whole way to class Valory's had her teeth gritted and tightened. A slight scrunch wrinkled onto her face and blazing eyes proceeded to glare down anyone who looked at her. The only person unfazed by her gaze was a well attractive guy who was surrounded by a few girls. He turned over and saw the fuming girl, "Hey Valory." Swiftly he weaved around the swarm and attempted to talk Valory. "Not now Rory." Instantly she shot him down as she made her way into the English department building where Valory's next class was held and where she was going to have a nice talk to her teacher. A sad look fell onto the boy's face but he continued watching after her until she was completely out of sight.

As the black-haired girl approached the classroom she could hear murmurs and groups of conversations occurring. She poked her head at first to see if the professor was there, and by her luck she was. Without knowing why, Valory was already feeling irritated just approaching her. Her annoyance was becoming excessive at this point and internally Valory knew this but she couldn't understand why she cannot stop herself. To make sure that the professor noticed her presence Valory slammed her hand onto the desk the professor stood in front of. "Dr. Vahdin I would like to discuss about my grade on the last essay. I do believe that there could be some room for some re-evaluation on the assessment it received to the quality of the assignment." Valory's light brown eyes boldly stared the professor down.

The day has just begun and already it was looking out to be a rather dreary one. Kiraan had accomplished nearly totaling her vehicle to almost dousing herself with an entire cup of scalding hot coffee within the span of a few hours. And so she had pushed it to be back if her mind knowing that the day wouldn't be too involving considering the time of year. It was just after midterms with the students who actually poured money and even more valuable hours into their stay at the university burnt out. Only those who were too smug to study or sent there by a few forceful nudges too many by their parents sauntering into the room without a glazed over look in their eye.

Being seated behind her desk, she had leaned back with a sigh. Eyes flicking from the clock on the wall to those lingering in the room before she would begin within the next few minutes. But something told her that she wouldn't be starting on time. And that “thing” paraded right through her door and up to her, complaining about the grade she earned. What was her name… Valory possibly? She wasn't the most studious considering her just above average grades earlier within the year, but recently they had began to suffer which was a bit sudden although it wasn't necessarily her problem. If it were, she would have to tend to the other hundred young adults she saw each day that were barely passing her class.

Closing her eyes for a moment and taking a breath, she released it in yet another sigh, blinking her eyes open to examining the woman before speaking slowly. “The grade you received is reflected based upon your ability to complete the assignment. You were told to go into detail on a philosophical topic of your choosing and not only did you meet the word minimum by a thin margin, but had an otherwise monotone that didn't seem to reflect anything more than wanting to get through the essay and be done with it. Grades aren't all about getting the work done, but putting in some effort as well.” With that the professor stood and moved out from behind her desk, a tinge of annoyance spreading across her features not only from behind a few minutes late now but also being a few inches shorter than the younger Valory. “Now if you would please remove yourself from my classroom, I need to begin.” Kiraan returned the fierce glare with one of her own, clearly not interested in starting an argument nor losing one.

Life. Life.

Pure bewilderment showed on Valory's face. This was one of the few assignments that the student actually put a lot of effort into it since it interested her, but to hear the professor say that it had no tone pissed her off enough to come back hissing, "Well I guess you would know how a monotone sounds like wouldn't you?" Her eyes never left the professor as she stood up and walked away from the student with a dismissal at the end, but Valory didn't feel like leaving. She didn't have a lecture or lab she needed to attend to. At this point she decided to set up a silent protest of her own.

At first Valory made her way towards the exit but took a turn away from the doors and walked towards the back of the classroom and took a seat. It was a little awkward at first since this wasn't her scheduled lecture time but she didn't care. Some of the awkwardness was eased up when a familiar face walked in. "Hey Valory!" It was Rory. She had forgotten that Rory had this scheduled lecture time. "Oh hey Rory," Valory said as she watched her tall friend seat himself next to her, with of course glares of jealousy making their way towards Valory.

"What are you doing here? I thought you have this class in the evening?"
"I do. It's just well I need to get to something scheduled in the afternoon and I didn't want to miss the notes for today."
"Oh well if you would've said something I could've gotten the notes for you. But I guess it's better that you're here isn't it? We can spend some time together." Rory was beaming at this point. Valory had to look away because she was aware of his feelings for her, since he declared it about four months ago. "But I never took you to be the studious type. Why the need to take notes now?" he asked.
"Ah well Dr. Vader decided to give me a flunking grade on the mid-term paper," Valory explained.
"Mmm I've heard that she could be a tough grader when it comes to the critical times of the semester." The handsome boy gave a nod as he leaned back into his seat and began to focus on the lecture that Dr. Vahdin was giving. Valory followed suit, although not so much for the material but rather thinking of unfortunate events that could occur to Dr. Vahdin.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan had begun speaking as Valory neared the exit. But her voice abruptly caught in her throat for a moment as her eyes drifted towards the back of the room where the young woman had now seated herself. Narrowing her eyes into a glare, the professor was about to begin speaking once more when another one of her students that was in the correct class walked in late. As the two began a small conversation with a less than true excuse, the room fell silent. Their voices filtering around the classroom as the rest of the attendees shot them dirty looks of their own or passed worried glances at the extremely annoyed Dr. Vahdin. She wasn't normally one to loose her temper within such a professional setting, hardly. Just ignore the problem and have it reflect their grades later on. However it was much more difficult at the moment with the terrible start to her morning and now appearing as if it could only get worse from here on out.

The silence spanned a few moments until the two conformed to the level of volume around them.

She wanted to play?

She'll play.

"Everyone..." Kiraan began slowly, eyes not leaving Valory. "Because our... guest has so wonderfully decided to stay, every student within this room is now being required to write a problem-solution essay in no less than five thousand words with an annotated bibliography to accompany it. This will be due exactly next week and I will not be accepting any late papers." Moving to the back of the room, still heavily focused upon the woman, she paused right beside her desk with a small, triumphant smirk upon her lips. "And you, my dear, will be writing two of them as you seem so apt to attend my class twice in one day." With that she turned and headed back to the front of the room. Continuing the lecture she had tried to begin a few minutes eariler.

Life. Life.

Valory was subtly shaking from anger as she watched the vixen smoothly walk up to where she sat and cast upon the class a surprise assignment. It was an unfair assignment, really more of a punishment. The usually quiet student nearly snapped when she saw Dr. Vahdin grant her a smile she took to be a victory.

Well damn. Just cause she's in a hell doesn't mean she has to take everyone with her.

It was a rather bold action Dr. Vahdin had taken. And it brought even more glares toward Valory and Rory's direction. She began experiencing a sickening feeling in the back of her throat but she slowly took a deep breath and thought through a way out of this, at least for the class. "Rory do you have the syllabus with you?" Valory whispered. "Uh yeah, why?" he asked, leaning forward to search through his backpack for the packet. "Just give it." As soon as he found it she took the packet from his hand and began reading through the fine print of the paper.

"I'm sorry I put this on you, I will fix this for the class. I will not let her win," Valory whispered with unusual determination and burning eyes. Not wanting to be in the same room with the witch anymore Valory stood up and walked out but not before giving out a huge yawn and a small whisper, "What a bore." Once out of the classroom and the demon's air, Valory made her way to Dr. Vader's office and waited there, clutching the syllabus too tightly. The young woman was slightly nervous in trying to confront the woman again. The first confrontation had already taken a lot of energy from her, but this time she was having to fix a bigger mistake. This was too much for her.

"Why is it with this class that I'm having so much trouble?" the black-haired girl asked herself as she leaned against the wall and slowly slid down till she was sitting on the floor. Feeling drained she brought her knees close to chest and rested her head on them, soon falling into a calming trance. All the while feeling the lingering mixed emotions of embarrassment, anger, and hate but at the same time thinking about Dr. Vahdin.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan was still on edge for the remainder of her lecture, cutting it at ten minutes and leaving the rest of the time for them to begin the assignment she was now regretting considering she was wasn't only going to have to grade all of them but most didn't deserve it. Hell Valory was just getting the short end of the stick because she was pissed off and that her little stunt didn't help in her rather rash decision.

Excusing herself for a moment, the woman had taken the door from the main classroom into her office, closing the door before sinking into the chair and closing her eyes. There was a bit of alchohol in the bottom drawer of a nearby filing cabinet (seeing as not everything was digital) but she scolded herself for thinking of such a thing as the last thing she needed at the moment was a relapse.

Lingering there for a few moments, Kiraan soon sat up with a subtle groan, running a hand down her face as she stood. But something caught her attention. Curious, she slowly neared the ajar door and tugged it open slightly, peering out into the previously empty hall, she saw the very woman she had butted heads with earlier. Now sat on the floor with her head resting on he knees looking as white as a sheet. A slightly pitiful look replaced the annoyance almost completely, leaving her to lean on the doorframe, awaiting for Valory to notice her presence.

Life. Life.

Alright Valory you got this far, now what?

This was the first time that Valory has ever been to a professor's office, which is something she should really do often. Anxiety gnawed inside of her. The idea of having to talk to a professor made her nervous, it especially didn't help that it was Dr. Vahdin. Somehow Valory's emotions exploded tenfold with this particular professor. The anxious girl continued resting there, trying to think of a game plan but failed to really think of anything besides the mistake she made. Why couldn't I just accept the grade? But then again Valory also felt that Dr. Vader was at some fault.

Starting to feel slightly uncomfortable Valory lifted her head up to shift her body into a new position but in the corner of her eyes she saw a figure. She turned and saw Dr. Vahdin leaning against the doorframe. Startled by her sudden appearance, Valory stood up quickly and nearly lost her footing. "Dr. Vahdin! I didn't see you there," she looked down and picked up the syllabus she left on the floor, "I need to talk to you, Dr. Vahdin."

Oh this is so much harder. Don't freeze up now Valory.

It was becoming difficult slightly difficult to talk to her that she had to avert her eyes somewhere else besides Dr. Vahdin, so she decided to look down at the dull, patterned, commercial floor. "It was my fault for talking during the lecture. I believe that the others should not be punished for my wrongdoing, and along in the syllabus it does say that does who talk in class we receive the appropriate punishment. So since it was only me who was talking then I believe that the rest of the class should not be punished for it," as she continued talking she calmed down to the point where she was able to look up towards the end of her explanation, "So leave the punishment for me. And I shall not further bring up about my mid-term paper grade. I'll leave it as is." Despite the room for some re-evaluation/ Valory wanted to add but decided not to.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As a startled Valory stood up and began to explain herself, Kiraan noticed how she kept her eyes averted from her own until finally asking to keep the punishment for herself and not the rest of the class. It took her a moment to respond, shifting her position on the doorframe as she began to speak. "I know you didn't mean to truely do something if the sort considering you normally barely speak in class. This is probably the most I've heard you all year." Standing up straight and angling her head upward slightly as to look the taller albeit younger woman in the eye, her gaze softening considerably. "As for your paper... your grade is my fault. I had entered it wrong and have had a rough morning. Allow me to update it correctly and then I'll call off the assignment." With that she turned and was about to head into her office before asking "A bit nervous are we?" As it was more than obvious, especially to someone who know what to look for.

Life. Life.

This is the longest she's ever spoken to Dr. Vahdin or really any professor at this point. Valory watched as Dr. Vahdin's expression softened as she explained herself. This was the first time Valory has not seen the professor either tired or irritated, or in reality this is the first time Valory has really gotten a good look at her. The softened gaze that she was giving Valory made her blush slightly considering how pretty the professor looked in comparison to Valory's own image of herself. But she looked up once more when she asked a question. "Y-yeah. This is the first time I've ever spoken to a professor. And also the first time blowing up at one. I'm sorry and thank you for revoking the assignment." The young student gave a slight bow as she thanked the professor then decided to take her leave, "I don't want to bother you anymore so I'll be going now. Thank you again." Without a second thought, Valory quickly walked away feeling flustered even though she resolved the problem. Why was she feeling this way?

"Yo Valory!" Rory spotted the lost Valory who was sitting on a bench dazed and looking at the sky. "Hey I saw that Dr. Vahdin called off the assignment. Great work! What'd you do, bribe her?" Rory teased. But when he saw that Valory made no reaction he got walked around and blocked Valory's view of the sky with his face. "Oh hey Rory."
"What's wrong?"
"I feel drained and confused."
"Want to eat out tonight?"
"But I have a lecture to attend to later."
"C'mon skip out on this one. I'll treat ya."
"I'm in."

-----------------------------

"No way Rory, a Brazilian steakhouse? No wonder you told me to dress up," Valory gave a small whistle when she stepped out of the car to see what restaurant Rory was treating her to. "It's the only place we food connoisseurs we have not tried out in this city. And it's more on the fancy end of the restaurant spectrum." The two friends took their seats and continued on through the evening. For once Valory was feeling content and calm until Rory asked, "So what'd you say to Dr. Vahdin?" Instantly all the emotions that Valory felt earlier came flooding in; confusion, admiration, uneasiness, etc. "How about we talk about something else?" Her friend got the signal and nodded when he realized his mistake and decided to talk about some of his stories of when he got drunk. Valory went through the motions but at this point was not paying attention to Rory, instead she was thinking about something else.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan had already take a seat once more and watched the younger woman go, a faint smile upon her lips as she left. Something about the way she blushed and was acting in a general sense told her it was a bit more than just rarely confronting those of a higher authority, but she couldn't exactly pin what it was. With a metaphorical shrug she finished correcting Valory's grade before making her way back into the classroom. Opening her mouth to announce how the assignment had been revoked.

After that class had ended not too long after, Dr. Vahdin had finally collected the last of the few late midterm essays when a knock was at her door. "Come in." She called whilst turning to face the sound, a particular man filling the doorway with a small grin. "I heard some complains about the assignment you almost had them do." He chuckled. "It was pretty brutal of you." Rolling her eyes she leaned back onto her desk. "I wasn't in the best of moods and you know it too, Markus. A student had a little incident today." Markus Idred, another English professor nodded without his expression changing. "So I've noticed." Falling silent while entering the room a bit more, he stopped right before her. "Why don't we change that? Dinner. Tonight. On me." Raising an eyebrow, Kiraan sighed. "Don't you recall the first time you tried to convince me to go out with you?" Mark was quick to muster a semi-pleading response. "Y-yes! But there's always a chance I might be able to win you over." Taking a second to considering it, Kiraan nodded. "Fine, you have yourself a date. Although, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high."
--------------------
"My I must say I'm impressed." The woman commented hours later as they sat within a rather pricey steakhouse. "I manage." Mark replied with another trademarked grin. Taking a sip from her glass, it regretfully being of an alcoholic variety, she nodded slowly. A slight bit of humor within her eyes. "On a professor's salary? Now I'm outright shocked." This coaxed out another small laugh as her eyes drifted around the room, not seeing anything all that interesting until something caused her stomach to sink rather low.

Valory and that guy who was particularly fond of her were seated not that far away.

As if the night couldn't get any worse.

"Kiraan? Are you alright?" Mark asked, turning in his seat to try and catch what she was seeing. "Oh? Yes. I'm... fine." She said with a bit of hesitance as the current situation clearly caught her off guard.

Life. Life.

Rory continued on with his stories and Valory continued nodding. Nothing in particular was helping her to settle her emotions, but then she felt a gaze on her. Valory's eyes scanned the room around her until she spotted an all too familiar figure. Rory paused his stories for a moment and reached across the table to touch Valory's hand, "Hey are you okay? You seem kind of pale? Should we head out now?" His touch snapped her out of the trance as she reflexively pulled away her hand, "Oh no I'm fine. I-I just need to use the restroom. I'll be right back. Be sure the waiter gets me another glass of water and you can choose a dessert."

Swiftly Valory reached for her handbag and walked over to the ladies room. She pushed open the door and made her way to the sinks. Luckily there was no other customer in the restroom so Valory had some silence to herself. The flustered girl looked at herself in the mirror to check on her appearance and to mentally pep talk to herself. "Calm down Valory. Everything is okay. You probably thought you saw Dr. Vader. It's just someone who looks like her. It's just her doppelganger. It's just her doppelganger. It's just her doppelganger." And with that mantra Valory managed to calm some part of herself down, but her external appearance said otherwise.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Markus managed to distract her with a bit more small talk, mainly work related considering they didn't have much to relate to outside of it. But finally he chose to progress to more personal topics. "So.... uh, Kiraan..." he began akin to a boy on his first date which only continued to ammuse her further. "Tell me about yourself." "Grown bored complaining about students I see." She chuckled before asking "What do you want to know exactly?" He opened his mouth and began to speak, but the words were lost as her gaze followed Valory. She appeared almost as distraught as she had in the hall hours eariler, and clearly heading for the restroom. "Kiraan? Are you sure you're alright? This is the second time I've lost you." Blinking a few times and giving her head a brief shake, she nodded. "Yes, I'm sorry, please. Continue."

He did, and at first the questions were mainly humorous in nature.

"What's your favorite color?" "Maroon... my father always loved me in that color."

"Do you have any pets?" "No, have no interest in caring for one."

"What's the highest number you've ever counted to?" "Eight thousand on a dare when I was in high school. I was counting for days, mind you."

Then... they turned a bit serious.

"Why did you begin teaching?" "I... needed a distraction."

At the answer to this, his face fell slightly. "Care to share or..." his voice died immediately as he saw the glare we was receiving. "I'll take that as a no..." he muttered, starring awkwardly down into his drink.

They say there in an uncomfortable silence for a minute or two until Kiraan pushed her chair out from the table slightly as stood. Saying that she was going to use the restroom. It had briefly left her mind that Valory had fled there as well, and so when she pushed the door open muttering softly to herself, her eyes widened slightly as she saw her in front of the large vanity, gazing into the mirror.

Life. Life.

It seemed rather pathetic that Valory fled to the restroom once she saw Dr. Vahdin. She never imagined that she'd be following the actions of those typical, flustered female roles of movies as they fled into the restroom to gain composure, but at those moment she understood why they fled to the restrooms. It was someplace for them to be away from others and attempt to calm down. Valory turned on the water and began washing her face to allow some of the sweat that was starting to shine her forehead to wash away. Being that it was a fancy restaurant, there was fancy towels stacked on one another in a basket between the faucets. Steadily she grabbed one and felt herself calming down a bit. Then she brought the towel to her face and softly wiped away any water that lingered. Halfway through her wipe though, Valory heard the slight squeak of the door opening. She froze a bit and in that moment began praying to the lords that it wasn't who she think it is.

Valory brought the towel down and in the mirror she saw her, Dr. Vahdin. There was some silence as the girl felt her emotions flaring up again, but not wanting to turn this into an awkward encounter Valory spoke out, "Dr. Vahdin! What a surprise! Um how are you?" By the end of her sentence Valory's voice had deflated to a low tone. She threw the towel to a nearby basket and turned around to face the older, shorter woman.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As Valory noticed her, clearly as startled as herself, Kiraan cleared her throat and quickly shoved her agitation away to keep a composed look about herself. "Yes.. quite the surprise..." she took a step in to allow the door to close softly behind her. "I'm doing better then this morning.... I'm assuming you are as well...?" The question was honest but also held the faint tinges of uncertainty about the current situation at hand.

Yet whilst awaiting a response, Markus had felt terrible about his inquiry. Torn between leaving, remaining in his seat, and going to check on the woman, he stood himself and slowly nested the door to the women's restroom. Knocking lightly he called gently in a desperate tone "K-Kiraan? Are you... alright?" Upon hearing this the woman in question groaned audibly and took another step into the room, frowning deeply as she face the door, trying to decide what to say if anything at all.

Life. Life.

"Oh yes I am feeling much better!" Valory quickly answered, but this was the total opposite of how she really felt. But it's not like she could really say anything else. This was the second, or really third, time that the two were interacting which was a huge record in Valory's life of no social interactions with anyone besides Rory. Not long after she answered a muffled question sounded from the other side of the door. It sounded like a man and from the look on Dr. Vahdin's expression it appeared as though she knew him. The black-haired girl felt as though she was intruding between a continuing conversation, "Um I think I'll be taking my leave."

She walked towards the exit, while making sure to clearly walk around Dr. Vahdin. Valory then pulled the door open and saw a man standing there. He looked slightly familiar but Valory was never any good at keeping tabs with names to faces so she ducked away from the man. Her eyes quickly glanced back to Dr. Vahdin but Valory wanted to get away from her because...because there was something about her. She gave an inward sigh and fully exited out of the restroom and made her way back to a bored Rory.

"Oh hey Valory! I got us a cheesecake to go. I hope you don't mind that I took it to go," he gave a nervous laugh. At times like this Valory wished she could like him back, even just a little bit, since he seemed to understand her so well. "That's fine. Even better we can eat it at my place," she said. Valory felt an urgency to leave the place and Rory quickly led her out, feeling it as well.

"Ah home sweet home," Valory cooed as Rory pulled up to her apartment, "Want to come in and split the cheesecake?"
"Naw you can have the whole thing. Seems like you need it. Well I have to get going now. I promised somebody I'd tutor them in the morning. Do you have everything?"
"Yes I do-wait, where's my handbag?" Frantically her hands began picking up objects inside Rory's car to see if perhaps it was underneath any of his things, but after nearly throwing everything outside she didn't find it. "Did you leave it back at the restaurant?" Valory gave a huge sigh as she realized that she had left it in the restroom of the restaurant. She was so much in a hurry to leave that she forgot to take it with her. "I can take you back. Let's go. The restaurant won't be closed for another 30 minutes," Rory offered.
"No it's fine. I'll go back to get it tomorrow. We wouldn't make it in time. And I don't want you to get a speeding ticket. I don't need it that bad. I think I can live without my phone for tonight."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm fine Rory. As long as I have my keys I'm good," Valory said as she pulled out the necklace that was lying against her chest. She showed Rory the keys that hung on the simple chained necklace. "Alright." Her friend seemed reluctant to leave her though. "Go Rory I'm fine. As long as I know it's in the restaurant."
"Alright, I'm going now. Goodnight Valory."
"Goodnight Rory."
The tired girl watched as he drove away. She hated lying to her friend, but he worried about her too much. But perhaps this one time he had a right to worry a lot since none of the keys that hung on her necklace was the one to enter the apartment. They were all keys for other things besides her apartment. Her spare key was inside the apartment since she had also forgotten to leave it outside in case of emergencies like this. "Stupid, stupid. How could I have forgotten to put it on the keyring and on top of that to put the spare key out?" Valory scolded herself out loud till she sat herself on the old, cheap patio set that sat in front of her apartment.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As the woman left, moving past Markus who stood in the doorway looking something similar to a scolded puppy. "Leave." She muttered, the man giving a faint nod in seemingly both apology and acknowledgement before receding from the doorway. The door shut once more as Kiraan now turned with a groan, heading to the counter once more before and leaning into the surface with her head in her hands.

Remaining that way for a good few moments, the professor finally righted herself and was about to leave when she noticed that Valory had left her handbag. Moving towards it she grabbed it slowly before sighing and heading out of the room herself.

Thankfully they had met up at the restaurant so she was able to enter her car but instead of heading home, it was unfortunately quite the opposite.

Kiraan was angry with herself, although that word might not be strong enough to express her current feelings. When she was younger she had formed a dependency upon alcohol. And having finally been able to get rid of such a disastrous addiction, she feared with the recent events that had been unfolding that relapsing was inevitable. That was her mindset about an hour later as she struggled to think somewhat straight after tracking down quite a bit of the substance she tried so hard to avoid. Gripping the steering wheel tightly and trying her best to keep it as straight as possible, she cursed at the sight of a 'Road Closed' sign that was to limit the time it would take her to get home. Grumbling unhappily she had to take a small detour that seemed to pass by some apartments. Nothing of interest really aside from a figure that sat on the doorstep of one. Slowing slightly so she could try and see if it was a person at, she blinked a few times before stopping completely.

This wasn't happening.

It was just a hallucination induced by her current intoxication.

At least... she wished it was.

For some reason, fate had decided to to place her right in front of Valory's home.

Well... she might as well return her handbag.

Parking her car on the side of the street, Kiraan grabbed the woman's bag before exiting the vehicle and walking up toward the patio. "You had forgotten this at the restaurant..." she said slowly, trying to keep her mind in order while she held out her belongings. Hopefully she didn't think that she had been followed for this encounter was purely by chance.

Life. Life.

For some time Valory sat there, with her head leaning against her arm and simply resting there. It was a quiet night at the apartments and luckily there was no one there to see Valory in such an embarrassing situation, although some part of her would have liked someone to at least invite her inside their apartment. But then again more than likely she would've declined. She hated herself for being such a complicated person and for allowing a perfectly good cheesecake to go to waste. The drained woman closed her eyes then to hopefully fall asleep and just start out the next day with a fresh beginning, but just when she felt her body nearly sleeping away to sleep the sound of a car woke her up. Valory lifted her head up and gave a slight grumble of annoyance to see who was disturbing her peace. But her heart sank when she saw who it was.

She watched as the woman she fled from made her way over to her. Valory at this point began wondering what the gods were playing at. This was the fourth encounter that she has had with this very woman in the same day. The same day! How is that even possible? But there in her hands was Valory's handbag. A small sigh of relief escaped her lips as she stood up to receive her belonging from Dr. Vahdin. As Valory approached the older woman she picked up a slight whiff of alcohol from her. "Thank you for returning my handbag," the young woman held her handbag but was watching Dr. Vahdin closely, "You don't seem to well to drive off in the night. Have you been drinking?"

It wasn't obvious at first from how she managed to walk all the way up to Valory's apartment without stumbling but from the smell that lingered on the woman and way her words came out slowly, Valory could tell that she was intoxicated. Without really thinking about who she was inviting in and holding more concern for the woman she asked, "Would you like to come in and rest for a bit? Until you feel better to drive?" At this point she did not feel nervous, which at this point should be the only emotion she should be feeling for suddenly inviting someone into her home, but there was more concern for Dr. Vahdin's safety. Valory then walked up to her door and unlocked it with the key that was inside her handbag, "Please come in. I really don't think you should be driving to wherever you headed."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As she accepted the handbag, she was about to bid her a goodnight and return to her car when Valory had asked if she had been drinking. Was it that obvious? Of course it bloody was, she most likely stank like the inside of a bar at this point. She had learned to function somewhat sober, but the stench wasn't she was able to conceal. Grimancing and not all that sure how to respond, the conversation quickly progressed to her asking if she would like to rest until she was well enough to drive. Opening her mouth she was about to refuse, although she knew that the possibility of getting pulled over was extremely high and not something she could afford at the moment. "Sure..." she replied in an extremely opposite tone, following her student into her apartment after the door was opened.

Kiraan didn't know if this was actually happening. Things didn't add up nor did she feel as if these events were real. She was drunk in the house of a woman she should have a professional relationship with extremely late at night.

There's no possible way things could escalate.

Life. Life.

What was Valory thinking to moment she shut the door behind them? Nothing but she was feeling surprised. Just this morning she was fuming at the teacher, then in the afternoon she was apologizing to her, and now...she's here feeling nothing considering too many emotions were running through her that all of them negated each other. Taking advantage for her sudden calm demeanor she decided to imagine that Dr. Vahdin was simply a neighbor or even Rory to help her through the motions, "Would you like some water? And feel free to sit anywhere." Luckily yesterday Valory had tidied up her apartment and had space for a guest to rest easy anywhere.

Calmly Valory walked over to her kitchen and placed her handbag down on the counter close to where she kept the key rack. And on the key rack she placed her keys. Afterwards she stood there for a moment, and took a few deep breaths to think of what other else to say to the woman that she brought into her apartment. What did she do for Rory when he was drunk?

Valory poked her head around the corner of the kitchen, "If you don't want water I have tea as well. Hot tea. And um there's some extra pillows in the closet down the hall if you want something to rest your head on." As she said all this, Valory grabbed a cup and poured herself some water, trying to keep herself occupied and calm since she was beginning to become nervous again.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Seeing as she had left her purse in her car, Kiraan just slowly moved deeper into the room and took a seat on a couch, rather happy not to be stuck driving for the time being. As Valory asked if she wanted anything, she just shook her had, not trusting herself to speak until she studied the woman in the kitchen who seemed to be gaining a nervous air about her once more. Not being able to stop herself, she asked "Dear are you alright? You have seemed to be out of it all day." After the words left her mouth she was about to take them back before pausing and awaiting a response, for she was genuinely curious. First at her office she had begun acting up which was she assumed was because she rarely confruted professors in such a fashion. Then at the restaurant it could've been the surprise for such an encounter. But now? It was a moving slightly past coincidental but for what reason she was unsure.

Life. Life.

That's the question that Valory has been asking herself all day. Why was she so nervous? What was making her nervous? Was it perhaps that it has been a while since she's really talked to anyone else besides Rory? Maybe it was because she was talking to somebody who help a much superior air around her than she did? Or was it something else entirely? There was many reasons that Valory was thinking but not seemed the perfect answer for her at the moment. She sighed which helped calm herself a bit. Deciding that sitting would help her calm down, Valory walked over and seated herself on the couch facing the one that Dr. Vahdin was sitting on with a coffee table separating them.

The black-haired girl placed her glass of water on the table and lied down fully onto the couch. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been an utter mess this whole day. I guess it really started when I had to talk to you. It was the first time I've ever had to talk to a professor so that made me really nervous. But now..." she never finished her sentence realizing how much she was opening up suddenly. She sighed and closed her eyes for a bit, just so that she can regain herself and try to comprehend what she is wanting to really say and feel. But Valory's hospitality had not left her, "If you need anything let me know. I'm going to lie here and take a quick nap. The restroom is down the hall, first door on your right."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As Valory walked over and began speaking, Kiraan's thoughts were basically confirmed. She was originally nervous because of the confrontation earlier, but it had progressed onward. How interesting... not much else was said as she then laid back and explained how she was going to take a nap. Not bothering with a response, Kiraan did the same. Lying back and closing her eyes, wishing for sleep to come so the oddity of the day could end.

Life. Life.

If only Valory could actually fall asleep. From closing her eyes, she only received some relief in not having to look at her. But realizing how they were in the same room didn't help calm Valory's nerves. The conflicted girl stayed lying down for some time until she felt as though enough time has passed to pull off that she took what appeared to be a power nap. She slowly opened her eyes and looked over to where Dr. Vahdin lied. It was an odd image to see her there, so peaceful. Most of the time Valory saw her stressed so this was rare to see. And Valory did not want to disturb this so as quietly as she can manage the awkward girl got up, turned off all the lights but one in the living room, poured out another glass of water and placed it closer to Dr. Vahdin's side, then made her way to the bathroom to take a shower. After all that happened today Valory needed the feel of hot water relaxing her body and to calm her nerves. There was really no need for her to be nervous, right?

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 (If you wish you could do a timeskip to the next day or proceed to however you want.)

Kiraan entered her currently empty classroom rather reluctantly. Her mind felt as if it had been beat to a pulp from her excursion the night before. Aside from a grueling hangover and a rather awkward morning (in which she had left from Valory's appartment as promptly as possible) there wasn't really anything too terrible. Her first class was in the afternoon, but the very student she had stumbled upon drunk had it as well.

Entering her office and turning on a light while setting a her bag down, she took a seat and was rummaging around her desk for a bottle of Ibuprofen when footsteps were heard walking up to the door that was from the classroom.

She didn't need this right now.

Looking up, the professor looked upon Markus with slight disdain. The man shifting his weight awkwardly before beginning "Kiraan, I just wanted to apolo-" but was quickly cut off. "You didn't know, but that gave you no reason to try and pry into my life." He nodded solemnly. "Yes... I know.... would you please give me another chance?" She was silent for a good while, gaze hardened as she asked "Do you know what you made me realize last night?" He took on a nervous look. "W-what?" "You made me realize the main reason why I'm seldomly attracted to men."

That comment seemed to hit hard, the professor turning and leaving without another word.

Well... good. Not only were students beginning to filter into the room but he wasn't going to bother her any longer. At least she hoped he wouldn't.

Life. Life.

Valory sighed loudly as she entered the classroom and noticeably kept her attention away from the professor that sat at the front. The girl hardly got any sleep last night thinking about too many things but felt some relief when she saw that the woman who crashed at her apartment had left quickly in the morning. She wanted to catch up on the sleep she needed but Rory was at her door, ready to drive her to school. It took some convincing and perhaps some bribing before Rory managed to get Valory out of the apartment and on their way to school. But on their way to school Rory struck a nerve of Valory's. He at first was asking all what happened last night and Valory happily explained everything so as to relieve the weight off her chest, but it didn't. Then Rory made the comment, "If I didn't know you any better I'd say that you like Dr. Vahdin." He saw the joke as the funniest thing in the world and was crying tears from all the laughter but Valory sat there in silence.

She didn't find it funny and didn't like how instantly Rory assumed things. The girl rolled her eyes and kept to herself the rest of the car ride where she continued her silence all the way to her classroom, even though throughout the whole walk Rory attempted to try to talk to her. But right before she entered Valory glared at Rory and muttered, "I don't like her."

There was too much going on all at once. Valory placed her forehead down onto the desk and tried to concentrate on the lecture that was about to start, but Rory's words kept bothering her.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back