• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Passion in Education

The professor seemed out of it until Rory asked her a question. Valory didn't have any particular reason in staying but she did want to make sure that Dr. Vahdin was fine. It was peculiar, Valory seemed concerned about the professor like how she was concerned about Valory just a few days ago.

Once Rory put the address in his phone he gave a small exclamation, "Wow you're not too far from here. Makes it easier on me." He drove on making sure not to miss any turns. Valory on the other hand was looking out the window and seeing the area where Dr. Vahdin lived. Then finally Rory pulled up in front of a small, neat home. "Nice place you got," Rory remarked as he parked his car. "Is there anything else you need?" Valory asked as she turned to look back at Dr. Vahdin.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Relief flooded through her once her house came into sight and only grew stronger once Rory stopped before it and put his car into park. Undoing her seatbelt and pushing the door open, she listened to his question before responding. "No... thank you both for the ride." With that she stepped out of the car and shut the door, making her way to the entrance of her home.

Life. Life.

Valory watched as she walked out and made her way into her home. Still overly concerned about the woman and not completely thinking straight Valory stepped out of the car as well. "Woah Valory what are you doing?"
"I'm going to check up on her."
"But she's already home."
"That doesn't mean she's okay. It's a girl thing."
Rory gave her a disapproving frown as she talked to him through the passenger window, "Plus my apartment is not that far from here. I can just walk there if I need to." He knew how stubborn Valory was and at this point he knew there was nothing he could do to convince her otherwise, "Fine. But text me whenever you leave here and get home. It's the least I can do to look out after you."
"Thanks Rory," Valory whispered giving him a small smile. She turned around and made her way to Dr. Vahdin's front door before her sober side came and tried to convince her otherwise. As Rory drove away Valory gave the door a few knocks and took a few deep breaths. At this point she couldn't tell if it was the alcohol affecting her or her sober side was trying to feel nervous. But she lightly slapped herself a bit and straightened herself out. There's no reason to be nervous, right? At least not in Valory's state of mind in the current moment there isn't.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan barely had time to set her things down and contemplate what she was going to do before there was a knock at her door. Walking over and opening it, Valory was the last person she expected to be there. Rory had already apparently driven away which had glance up at the woman with a sigh and stepping back with a small gesture as if asking her to come in.

Once she would, the professor entered her kitchen and after rummaging through various cupboards, she finally located he bottle of alcohol she was looking for. Setting it on the counter, she looked Valory. "Would you like a glass?"

Life. Life.

Valory was prepared for the professor to ask her why she was here or something similar, but instead she invited her in. Before either of them had a change in mind, Valory stepped in and looked around the place for a bit. She then heard a question directed to her. Dr. Vahdin was offering her some more wine. Normally Valory would be against it, but sober Valory wasn't in control drunk Valory was! So without any hesitation she answered, "Sure." The young woman decided to take a seat at the dining table and placed her phone and keys at the far end of the table.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Nodding and taking two wine glasses, she filled each a considerable amount before making her way to the table and setting Valory's glass in front of her while taking a seat. Drinking from her own and keeping it within her grasp rather than setting it down, Kiraan was deciding whether or not to ask why she had decided to stay behind. Part of her could assume why, the clear reason being her student's feelings for her in combination with the wine, or it could be something else entirely. But was now the right time to confront her on such things when she wasn't sure what reaction might come about?

The two drank in silence for a small while until Kiraan finally took it upon herself to break it. "Valory..." She began carefully. "Why did you stay behind? Truthfully?" Her words were firm and not to mention sincere considering she had quite the tolerance and the amount of wine she drank wasn't enough to push her over the edge despite the slight fogginess that had begun to creep up on her.

Life. Life.

She gave a small thanks to Dr. Vahdin when she handed Valory the wine-filled glass. Once she began drinking her body indulged bigger and bigger sips each time she lifted up the glass to her lips. There was silence as the two women drank. Valory did not feel nervous at all or really anything at this point, not until Dr. Vahdin asked her a question.

The girl sat there for a moment, looking into her nearly empty wine glass trying to think of what to say. This proved difficult to really think about anything since everything was fuzzy and the only things popping up into her head were really emotions. Since no reason was really coming into mind, her heart decided to answer for her, so she finally looked up to the professor, "Why did I stay behind? Because I care about you." Her face was serious as she said this, there was no fear in her eyes although some part of her did feel embarrassed that she said that boldly for her cheeks reddened. But then again her body was starting to feel all warm again.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan quickly noticed how fast Valory was going through her wine before she answered. She seemed completely serious, which made the older woman smile slightly even though she wasn't sure if it was her or the wine talking. Taking another generous sip from her glass and setting it down on the table, she stared into it for a moment before ripping her gaze away and focusing completely on the now clearly drunk woman before her. It was odd to think that earlier this week, they had been in the complete opposite places.

Trying to work out what she wanted to say, seeing as she hadn't expected her to share it so eagerly. "I had thought something similar earlier." She said softly. "Seeing as the past few days, your anxiousness around me wasn't because I'm one of your professors, was it?" Whilst awaiting a response, she lifted her glass to her lips and tiled it back, emptying it.

Life. Life.

Some odd things were happening to Valory. At this point most of the background was becoming fuzzy and as she watched the woman in front of her, every little motion that she did became emphasized. Valory blinked a few times and leaned back a bit to regain at least some control of her senses. But then the professor asked her another question. It was hard enough to answer the first question but now she had to formulate another answer for the second question. Valory at this moment concluded that alcohol truly messes her up. Not only was she calm but she was basically spilling out her answers like right now when she answered Dr. Vahdin, "At first I thought maybe it was, since I've never really spoken to any of my professors previously and I've never been the best when it comes to talking to those older than me. But...as I've started to talk to you I've begun to realize how much I noticed you. Like I've never really seen you calm or happy until I came to your office to first time and then at the restaurant...wow. You looked really nice outside of the school." Valory paused there for a moment to finish up the last of her wine then continued, "Then I readily invited you to my apartment! I hardly trust anybody into my comfort bubble, besides Rory, but with you...I don't know...I felt as though I can trust you." Valory's eyes were focused on the floor, for some reason as she was explaining herself Valory didn't want to look at the woman she was confessing to, "And then at the wine tasting event. I had never seen you upset and I felt somewhat sad about that. I don't like people stressed, mad, or sad. So when I saw you mad then defeated I wanted to show that there was someone for you, I guess. But I can't exactly add up why I'm doing all this..."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As words began spilling out of Valory's mouth, slightly sluggish as the wine took hold. Kiraan's expression softened further as she explained, it being nice to hear something other than the daily complaints of students or even Markus' rantings. Yet with this came another problem... how was she going to respond to this? Logically, she needed to say goodnight and send her away seeing as they did have a professional relationship that should remain as such. But... oddly enough she wanted some sort of polite company. Or rather she needed it considering she hadn't had it in such a long while.

Remaining silent, she stood to retrieve the bottle of wine that was on the counter before returning to her seat. Pouring another large amount in her own before setting it down as well, not wanting to pressure the younger woman into drinking more seeing as she most likely was at her limit. Taking another sip from her glass, she finally decided to respond, pushing all logic aside, by leaning forward and embracing Valory as she had earlier with her in the restroom.

Life. Life.

Valory didn't continue on her explanation, since there wasn't anything else she wanted to say. But she waited for a response from the other woman. At this point she felt some fear. She wondered if she messed up by telling her all that. It didn't help when she quietly got up from the table only to return to refill her glass. A small sigh escaped Valory and she sat there almost sure she messed up but then she felt the crushing presence of another person. Valory's eyes widened surely not expecting this. Her heart did a little flutter when it realized that Dr. Vahdin was the one hugging Valory.

The young woman returned the embrace feeling an odd sense of completeness. Valory never realized how empty she felt, but some part of her was not satisfied enough with the hug and yearned for more. Plus at this point a whole other Valory was in place of her control. Quickly Valory pulled back from the hug and moved her hands to softly grab Dr. Vahdin's arms to where she can pull her back in. But this time Valory boldly connected her lips to Kiraan's. There was much emotion churning within Valory and it was all expressed in that brief moment. And brief it was for she pulled back once more blurbing out a stream of apologies and how she was not considering Dr. Vahdin's feelings. "Oh I'm so sorry. I-I-I don't know what happened. Perhaps I should leave now?" Although they both knew Valory was in no condition to leave.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

This...

Kiraan definitely wasn't expecting.

As Valory pulled back, she expected her to remain where she was which was why she began moving back, but as she shifted and placed her hands on her arms and leaned in kissing her directly upon the lips. As she immediately retracted herself, more than embarrassed while trying to apologize, Kiraan blinked a few times. Her face clearly portraying the surprise she felt. But before the woman could do so much as get past her mumblings, a small smile soon spread across her lips. Now giving into her slight intoxication, she repaid the favor by moving forward and kissing Valory herself, albiet for a much more considerable amount of time before pulling back, but not completely.

Life. Life.

Valory saw how surprised Dr. Vahdin was from the kiss, not to say Valory wasn't either. But then Valory was mirroring that surprise when she pulled her back in for another one. This kiss lasting longer than hers. When she pulled away Valory felt light-headed, or either her light-headedness was being amplified by the alcohol. Despite her forefront embarrassment, Valory was feeling elated. She felt lighter than before and just content for once. Perhaps she does have a crush on Kiraan. Although at this point she wasn't all too entirely sure considering alcohol was in play for some part of all this, but her heart was telling her otherwise. The young woman stayed silent watching Dr. Vahdin and not knowing what to do at this point.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

With her previous surprise mirrored now on Valory's face, it brought about an odd sort of amusement that only further amplified the grin she wore. Taking a step back and reaching for her wine glass, she took another large sip before returning it to its place and taking her seat once more. Having fully given in to the wine she had consumed, the woman spoke gently with obvious encouraging tones. "So you do feel something after all... how wonderful." But... she wasn't sure if Valory was going to act or not.

Life. Life.

She watched as Kiraan held a smile as took a step back and seated herself once more. It also seemed like she had a teasing light in her eyes but Valory couldn't tell. Not much of anything was appearing in detail. But she clearly heard the words Dr. Vahdin said. Valory hated how she was an open book. Many have told her this, but at this moment she wanted to see if the one who can read her will reciprocate.

As Valory asked her question, she either wasn't aware that it's a fragile question she was asking or she didn't care, "And what about you, Kiraan. How do you feel?" About me? Valory left this last bit out just to keep the question a bit more safe.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan tilted her head slightly as Valory asked a question herself, it being the first time she had actually called her by her first name. So she was either more drunk than she originally thought, or growing more bold. Regardless, she had partially been expecting this but not sure how to answer. Parting her lips as if she were about to speak, the woman paused. Did she have feelings for Valory or was it outside factors influencing her current actions? Considering it for a long moment, examining her student the whole while, she realized that she had been showing some sort of concern for her ever since she had stormed into her classroom up until now. But in truth... she wasn't sure.

Waiting another minute more, she then began to speak slowly, unsure of her words. "I... care about you, Valory."

Life. Life.

Hearing Kiraan's words Valory didn't know what to feel. Actually foremost she felt disappointment. What kind of answer was she expecting from a professor who's teaching many other students? She had only begun to notice Valory just within the past week. It's not like anything was going to be progressing within that time. So much turmoil was occurring within Valory. Her alcohol induced mind stepped up to the plate and began feeding her with doubt and insecurity, flashbacking to Dr. Lund yelling at Dr. Vahdin. On the other hand crazy ideas were going in her head on what she do or say next. But the small part of her sanity that wasn't influenced, controlled some part of her craziness and she ended up clearing her message, "Let me rephrase from what I said earlier. I care about you because I like you, not that you already know that. Is there more to what you mean when you say you care about me?" As much as she sounded bold she couldn't look up at Kiraan.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

The woman now took her turn to look away from Valory, clearly unsure how to respond. It was so sudden that this came about that she never really had time to consider her own feelings past generalized worry for someone she teachers. And being asked to share something she had hardly sorted out herself was a rather terrifying thought.

Moving for her glass of wine she took a long, slow and not to mention large sip, partially because she wanted to stall although alcohol wasn't going to be helping the situation all that much. Lowering her glass but not setting it back on the table, she kept her gaze affixed upon the drink she held. Speaking in a mumble almost. "I'm not sure."

Life. Life.

Her heart sank. The young woman gave a single huff of laughter and pushed the hair off her face. She finally understood those sobbing girls when they were dumped or the angry boys when they were rejected. This was Valory's first crush and she finally understood what people mean when they say the first is the hardest. It almost felt like a rock was pressing down on her heart and lungs. A little bit of the alcohol had eased up in Valory and allow her to at least stop the room from slightly spinning. And when she noticed this she attempted to make her escape. She quickly got up, grabbing her keys and phone (which took a few tries to grab), and made her way towards the door all the while saying, "I have to go." At first everything was perfectly straight and balanced but as she sped up the room began to turn and Valory had to place a hand on the wall as she felt herself collapsing onto her knees in the entryway. She had to bite her lip to prevent the tears that were coming, and ever so softly she cursed under her breath for being so naive and drunk.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan lifted her head and watched as Valory stood and tried to leave, but it was much to obvious that she wouldn't be going anywhere especially because she didn't have a ride seeing as Rory had left nor was she going to let her try and make it back to her appartment this late at night drunk as all hell. But, seeing her collapse beside the front door and faced away from her made her feel worse than she already did, cursing at herself silently. She had dug herself into a rather deep hole, and she was unsure if any words she could say now would be able to pull her out.

Wanting to at least try and repair the situation, Kiraan stood herself, being much more steady than the younger woman, before walking over towards her but keeping a considerable distance away. "Valory..." She began softly, grasping at metaphorical straws. "If I were to care about every student in a similar way... I wouldn't have a job..." Crouching down so she wasn't leaning over the woman, she waited for a response. Bracing for an unpleasant comment.

Life. Life.

Valory shifted herself to where she was able to lean her head against the wall. She still wasn't facing Kiraan since a few tears managed to escape. Once again Kiraan had managed to avoid to avoid saying the exact words that Valory was wanting to hear, but what more can Valory do even? She can't force anyone to love her. With a slow and shaky voice Valory managed to say, "I finally understand how Dr. Lund feels." From there she closed her eyes and wished to be elsewhere but here.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
She had expected something of the sort, but it still hit rather deep. Markus was an asshole, and to even mention his name at the moment after what happened tonight... it didn't sit well. Not having a response for this, Kiraan's face simply fell to one more defeated with a dulled look in her eye a she stood and turned, making her way through her house without another word. Hoping she could just sleep this encounter off as if it had never occurred. It was humorous in a morbid way, how Markus attempted to ruin her in front of Valory when she actually did so herself.

Life. Life.

When she felt Dr. Vahdin's presence fade away Valory heaved a huge sigh and opened her eyes once more. It was a godsend when all of a sudden Valory felt her phone vibrating. She looked to see who was calling, and it was none other than Rory. A weak smile came onto her lips and with as much effort as she could muster, Valory picked herself up and steadily made her way out the door. Making sure the close the door as quietly as she could. Once she was completely outside was when Valory answered her phone.
"Hey Valory are you okay? It's nearly past midnight and I never received a text from you if you ever made it back to the apartment. Oh and is Dr. Vahdin alright as well?"
Valory hiccuped, "Please co-come pick me up."
"Where are you at?"
"Dr-dr. Vahdin's still." It was like needles were on her tongue when she said her name.
"Alright I'll be there in five minutes."
"Thank you."

It took him less than five to get there as he decided to speed most of the way there out of concern. He didn't say anything when he saw Valory who was sitting on her driveway with her knees to her chest. All he did was help her up and into her car.
As he began making his way over to Valory's apartment she asked him, "Could you stay the night?" He gave a glance over to Valory and simply nodded. And then she whispered, "I'm sorry." For she finally understood the situation he was in as well.
And just as he always he answered, "It's okay. As long as I get to be by your side."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

That weekend past utterly slow for Kiraan as she was repeatedly haunted by the events of Friday Night. Now not only was Markus out for blood, but Valory was as well. This was most likely going to end rather horridly...

Once Monday finally arrived, with the professor seated at her desk with a less than eager expression upon her face, she cursed under her breath as she recalled what class she had next. They were having a small exam, and if she had ever paid attention to the young woman, she knew that she would never miss one in order to keep her grades up. So as students began to fill the room, she appeared to busy herself with the many papers that were piled upon the desk's surface. Hoping she could simply start the class as quick as possible without much interaction involved.

Life. Life.

"Hey you gonna be okay?"
"Yeah I'll be fine. I got all the material down! I think this may be the first test I might ace!" Valory gave Rory a smile. He returned it with only a small one but said, "You know I don't mean that." She wanted to avoid giving him a straight answer but after all he's done for Valory from taking care of her to helping her study the least she could do is answer him honestly. The young woman looked away as she answered, "I wish I can say that I'll be fine. But I don't know. Although I'll be taking the exam so I won't have any time to get distracted or really to think about anything else."
"The test isn't too bad so you should be fine. Good luck Valory," Rory ruffled Valory's hair for a bit like he used to do to her before in middle school. And like she did in the past, Valory swatted his hand away with a hint of a smile. "Thanks Rory." She then took a deep breath and entered the classroom, clearly keeping her eyes towards the back of the room where she seated herself as far away as she can from the center. At this point her mind was slightly faltering on trying to concentrate on the material for the test and nearly slipped into thinking about her.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back