Party 3

"Tazdaar?" Azgard stepped towards the opening into the mists. He watched as Tazdaar was taken from the mists, and now it seemed as though he walked right back in... but he looked... different. Azgard watched as Carne interacted with him.

"Tazdaar what just happened?" He asked, as he walked towards Carne. Once his line of sight was unobstructed by Carne's large stature, Azgard could most certainly see that Tazdaar was not the dragonborn that came into the house. Confusion flooded Azgard's mind as he stared at the new dragonborn, "can someone explain to me what just happened?" Azgard said slowly.

Thia heard nothing of what happened to Tazdaar, but she did notice her friends start walking towards the door and start conversing with someone. She looked over to see a dragonborn that was not the one she entered the house with. Since Carne and Azgard were talking with this mysterious person though Thia instead chose to hang back inside the house, worried for her safety, but knowing both of her friends could deal with the situation if this new person started attacking. She wanted to find her way out of this house as quickly as possible, and part of her wanted to just go upstairs herself to see if there was a way into the basement, but a bigger part of her knew that she needed help with whatever else was in this house. She didn't want to become a burden on her friends again.

Rasghull points at the axe with his torch, getting a bit too close for comfort. As long as you aren’t swinging that axe at me, you can keep your eyes on whatever you want. Strong one, so you are stuck here? Rasghull is afraid to know how long they have been here. Too afraid to ask. Carne has not swung his axe at him yet, so he may not be as bloodthirsty as he seems. There might even be a way to reason with him.

Sure, let us find our way out by going in. That’s the kind of irony my company saw all the time. One time we got stranded under a rockslide on the side of a mountain. Most of us… He sensed that his words were being dissected as soon as they came out of his mouth. He didn’t care to be the center of this much suspicion. Nevermind. This isn’t the time.

Rasghull sees an elf and human as they take a look at him. So you’re not alone? Rasghull feels slightly relieved to see he is not alone with the axe-swinger. He lowers his torch a bit to let the light cast a warm tone on his silvery scales. They seem on edge. What have they been through?

Rasghull tries to find the right words to explain to Azgard how he ended up here. He doesn’t know either. He just remembers waking up and expecting to see his fellow soldiers. I woke up in the mists. I got lost. I ended up here. By Torm, you look like you’ve seen a ghost. I’d leave if I could, but your buddy just admitted we are stuck.

Now If you don’t mind… Rasghull peeks the shield decorating the wall and can’t help but take it as a backup to his own targe shield. ...I’ll hold onto this. You never know. And I’ll follow you within reason. Strength in numbers.

As suspicious as Rasghull might seem, Carne knew he had no other choice but to accept the new arrival in their midst. Hopefully this was no illusion, or some other sort of evil trickery. Only time would tell.
He followed along with the rest of the party as they moved up to the second floor, not letting Rasghull out of his sight.

The room next to the servant's room contained a fine looking mahogany desk that immediately captured his attention. He carefully walked around it, only to find a small drawer. It proved a little stubborn, but with the right amount of force, Carne managed to open it. Inside, he found an iron key.
"Look at what I've found!", Carne said, letting the key dangle from above his head. "Wonder what this is for.."
As he did that, something in the corner of his eye grabbed his attention. A red book in the library that had nothing on its spine. Carne took a short glance at the other books. Most seemed to be about history, warfare and alchemy. Scattered among them were a few poetry and fiction books as well. Yet, no other book seemed to have a blank spine.
Carne pulled out his set of playing cards, opened the package and slid the key inside. He then put it back into his front pocket. Then, he gestured toward the library. "What's with this book? I'm not big into reading, but shouldn't there be something on there?"

The next thing Carne took note of were the two overstuffed chairs in the corners of the room. He pulled his silvered shortsword as he approached the one closest to the desk, then kneeled over to carefully slide the sword into the fabric. He had the feeling there might be something hidden inside..

After successfully destroying both chairs, he was unable to find anything but pieces of what once was furniture.

Azgard followed the party upstairs to the second floor, with one thing on his mind: that section of the house unaccounted for. He was the last to make it up the stairs, but he walked directly to that part of the house, carefully counting his steps. He looked to his right and saw again the same three walls jutting inwards, with a closet-sized space still unused.

During his second pass over the perimeter he jiggled the set of armor in his way and it immediately collapsed! Azgard jumped and expected more maggots to fly out of the empty space inside. He began stomping at the ground hoping to kill them before he could even see them, but much to his embarrassment the armor was actually empty. He paused, and then carried on his search of the walls. His route ended quickly next to a chair, and Azgard kicked it away hoping to find some sort of entrance or clue, but nothing was found.

Disappointed, he glanced upwards where the walls meet the ceiling, maybe we missed something, Azgard said to himself, referencing the third floor. He walked into the the other room where Carne was destroying things, per usual. Azgard, desparate to get rid of the cloaks still draping over his arm, offered one silently to Carne by gesturing it towards him. Carne nodded and accepted the cloak, rolling it up and putting it away.

"Unless there's anything else particularly interesting on this floor," Azgard began to speak up, as he reached for the blank book Carne referenced, "I say we go back up to the third floor, because that area of the house is still unreachable. I'm guessing we missed something up there..."

As soon as the servant quarters was found, even with some outfits intact, Thia looked down at her dress again. The next town she walked into would think her crazy, or perhaps even something evil. She decided to walk into the servant's room and lock the door behind her. She quickly took off her dress, careful to not mess up the tourniquet around her back, and dressed into a unisex servant outfit. It fit her surprisingly well, and with the tourniquet hidden under the outfit she finally started to feel normal again. Thia looked at her ruined dress on the floor, thinking for a moment, then picked it up and packed it neatly into her bag. After that she opened the door to the servant's room back up and walked out as she pulled the cloak on that she was handed earlier. She found the party in the next room just as the bookshelf opened, and she immediately ran to her party's side, looking into the room. The sealed letter that the skeleton was holding piqued her curiosity, enough for her to create her mage hand and have it grab the letter. Nothing seemed to happen as she did so, and when the mage hand brought the letter back Thia opened it up to read it's contents. After scanning what it said she read it out loud to the group. "This is what the letter says: My most pathetic servant, I am not a messiah sent to you by the Dark Powers of this land. I have not come to lead you on a path to immortality. However many souls you have bled on your hidden altar, however many visitors you have tortured in your dungeon, know that you are not the ones who brought me to this beautiful land. You are but worms writhing in my earth. You say that you are cursed, your fortunes spent. You abandoned love for madness, took solace in the bosom of another woman, and sired a stillborn son. Cursed by darkness? Of that I have no doubt. Save you from your wretchedness? I think not. I much prefer you as you are. Your dread lord and master, Strahd von Zarovich...." Thia ended the reading of the note quietly, feeling a shiver run down her spine for an unknown reason.

Last edited:
Azgard watched as the team carefully inspected the room. When Thia meticulously crafted the hand from thin air to retrieve the note and read it, Azgard saw no more reason to be so careful about the room, that was until a rumbling arrested the attention of everyone. Although frightened, he peered in between his friends and saw a bookshelf full of interesting tomes. Immediately intrigued, he rushed past the party into the room to go through the bookshelf. Twenty five tomes lied there, covered in dust and the signature old-book smell. Azgard began picking up each tome with alacrity, and started reading through a few random pages to see what they might be about, but each one was so riddled in breadth of their respective subjects that he had no time to begin to understand them.

He quickly took off his backpack and began stuffing it full of tomes, and he was able to fit seven tomes into the bag. There was just enough room for an eighth, but he couldn't quite close the bag properly. He reached in and grabbed the first thing he felt: a bag of sand. He removed it from the bag, fit an eighth tome in the bag and closed it. With the bag of sand in his pocket, he struggled to lift the backpack and secure it to his back. With his free hand he grabbed a ninth tome, walked out of the room, and as he slid by his companions he slipped the bag of sand in Carne's pocket. There's no reason why we should just leave this here I guess, he thought to himself.

"Well, that sound upstairs may have been an omen of disaster, but if this house is on the market," Azgard nodded towards the deed of the house, "We might as well pack some things away for ourselves." Azgard walked over to the stairs, slouched to support his newly heavy backpack.

"Let's go clean this place up." Azgard added smugly, with a smirk inching across his face.

After Thia reads the letter, Rasghull could have sworn he heard something rumbling above. Should we have touched that letter? Whatever it was, Rasghull did not feel ready for it. Looking for anything to delay that encounter, he waves his torch to shed light into this secret space behind the bookshelf. He can see the skeleton has collected a fine film of dust on its bones. If he can stomach getting close to that thing, he can find out what else is in the chest. Those darts must have come from somewhere. If we can find out where, we can find a way to neutralize them. He inspects the room for a moment before Azgard rushes in. Looks clear. The darts must have have hit him before he got into this room. Rasghull felt Carne peering into the room over his shoulder. Guess everything I do is going to be second guessed around here.

Rasghull slips the shield off of his arm and slowly lifts the lid back, keeping an eye one the skeleton as he does. When it is fully open, he lets the lid rest on the wall. He reveals the contents within to the group. Books and scrolls and parchment. He hesitates a moment and glances at Carne, who gives Rasghull a shrug and a nod. Rasghull sifts through the contents. Three blank books that might actually be worth something to a scribe. I can hold onto them. Three scrolls fit for an arcanist. And a will that grants the deeds of a house and windmill to the Lady Rosavalda Durst and the Lord Thornboldt Durst. Now that could be worth something to anybody.

Rasghull stores everything in his backpack after handing off the scrolls to Thia, whom he suspected wanted them badly enough to steal it from him with her spectral hand anyway.

Last edited:
After the noise is heard Thia quickly folds up the letter and stuffs it into her pocket, then watches the door to the room as Rasghull and Azgard go into the secret room. She didn't know if the noise was something opening up on the second floor or some other being coming to kill them. Maybe it was another statue, Thia shuddered at the thought. When Rasghull came back out of the room she saw three scrolls in his hand, something which she was very familiar with. When he handed them to her she opened one up and scanned it, confirming her belief that these were scrolls for spells. Thia felt her heart jump in her chest, and with the noise on the third floor almost forgotten about she pulled her coin purse out to check how much gold she had. She sighed realizing she didn't have nearly enough for even one of these scrolls. With a dejected feeling she put her coin purse back and carefully tucked the scrolls into her bag for later, barely being able to wait for the time she would be able to unlock their mysteries. With her mind back on the danger at hand she thought back to the noise for a moment, then walked to the door of the room. "I guess we should go see what that is...."

Carne's heart jumped when he heard the sound of yet another hidden door opening. He rushed to Azgard, expecting another statue or some other evil creature to appear. Peering into the room, he sighed relief. Just more bookshelves, he thought. Somebody here sure loves reading. Carne felt bored already just looking at the books. His companions clearly seemed to feel a lot more excited about this than he did. Carne tried remembering the last time he even held a book, but the image was blurry. He shook his head quickly, as if it helped dissipate the thought quicker.

He took a short glance at the skeleton inside the half-opened chest. Carne immediately knew that this person didn't die a natural death. A clear giveaway were the three darts sticking out of its armor and ribcage. He suspected that, whatever the source of these darts, there were probably more, aimed towards him and his companions.

Carne shuddered when he saw Thia grab the letter the skeleton was holding with her Mage Hand. He still hadn't gotten used to the fact that this slim figure was the wielder of such uncanny powers. Powers he had never seen before, but nevertheless had been confronted with all day. What other invisible energy was there, and was it out to get him? Carne tightened the grip around his greataxe.

He listened closely as Thia read aloud what the letter said, but couldn't make much of it before the rumbling noise from upstairs interrupted his concentration. "Let's be careful moving on. I expect more fighting soon."

As soon as Carne had finished his sentence, he noticed Rasghull examining the room and announcing that it looked clear. Yeah, right. Trying to lure us into a trap, are we?
Carne inspected the room, and to his surprise found no sign of trapwires, hidden floor switches or even tiny crevices through which darts could be shot. The room really did seem clear.

He watched as Rasghull moved into the room, opened the chest's lid and sifted through its contents. Maybe he is not misleading us.. When Rashgull took a quick glance at Carne, as if to ask for permission to grab said contents, Carne shrugged and gave Rasghull a nod.
Was I wrong?

Among the contents Rasghull described was a will for a deed, addressed at Lady Rosavalda Durst and Lord Thornboldt Durst.
Rosavalda.. Thornboldt.. Rose and Thorn? The illusionary children? What is the meaning of this?
Carne felt like announcing his incredibly clever name deduction, but on second thought he realized it was quite obvious to everyone.

As the party suggests to check out the source of the noise, Carne nodded. "Yes. It is best that we get to whatever this is, before it gets to us. Rasghull, you look like you can handle yourself in a fight. You and I will go upfront. Thia here nearly got herself killed in our last encounter, and I don't want to risk anyone's life again."
Carne takes an inquiring look into the round.
"If this sounds good to everyone, let's proceed upstairs with caution."

When Azgard made it up the stairs, he rushed past the party to check the walls that have been taking over his thoughts. He rushed into the bathroom to check around the sink, the walls, and the desk that lined the area in question. The search was quickly determined to be useless. Nevertheless, his fascination with the area was solidified now that he knew all three floors left out the exact same area.

"There's definitely something in those walls, my guess is the entr-" Azgard was cut short when he realized what happened. While he was tending to his obsession, he missed the obvious change to the house's floor plan. Stairs now led to a fourth floor. Azgard was dumbfounded for about ten seconds before realizing that this kind of magical change was pretty much in line with everything else that has been happening.

Azgard was conspicuously annoyed. As he moved into the new area and began up the stairs he said to the team, "We're mice now. Just play the cat's game and maybe it'll keep us alive long enough so we can kill it."

Thia walked up to the third floor last, a fear for her safety now ingrained in her mind. When they got up the third floor Thia watched as Azgard ran off into a room, and she wondered for a moment what he was up to. Her thoughts were brought back to the change in the house structure however. When she saw the nursery room again she felt that her wounds somehow reacted to it with a bolt of pain, but it was probably all in her mind. Thia looked away from the sight as fast as she could and focused on the new stairs that led up to a forth floor. “Hopefully this is just the house doing this, and there isn’t anything else around to h-hurt us......” She said quietly, wondering if anyone else actually heard her, as she walked up to the stairs up.

Rasghull notices the hall here is in worse shape than the rest of the home. He holds his torch forward to bring light in. He approaches the door with the rusty padlock and inspects the area carefully by torchlight. In here might be our way out.

Remembering the story he started when downstairs, he tried to tell it again while searching for traps. I was with my company when we got hit by a rock-slide. Most of us caught up to an underpass before the rocks hit us. An ex-miner with us at the time told us the best way out of was by going in and out of the ground on the other side. So we started digging. And we dug for days while running out of air.

Rasghull takes a moment to slowly turn the padlock. I wasn’t sure if we were digging our way back home or digging our graves. I don’t need to tell you that I made it out. You can see that for yourself. But I was just lucky.

Rasghull leaves the door alone and nods to Carne. The honor is yours, strong one. I know trust is something we are working on, but believe me, I have got your back.

If Carne had any sembleance of good mood, it was gone entirely after he entered the room behind the padlock. His gaze immediately fell on the two small skeletons in the middle of the room. Rose and Thorn, of course.
Carne felt a deep wave of sadness move throughout his body.
They were so young...
He thought of his brother he lost a few years ago. He never had the chance to see his remains, and he wondered if he would even recognize them anymore.
Upon closer inspection, it seemed to Carne that they must have huddled up in their last moments, and his sadness grew even deeper. He took a few careful steps toward the skeletons, and kneeled down on one leg, leaning towards the bigger of the two.
He wasn't quite sure what had killed them, but judging by the quality of that lock outside, the siblings must have been locked up a long time ago.
If their parents were still alive, he thought to himself, he would make damn sure they'd suffer the same fate.
His sadness was replaced by anger, and then sadness again as he looked around the room. Their beds still had sheets on them. He pondered for a moment which little one belonged to which bed. Then he got up and pulled the sheets off of the left bed. Sheets in hand, he walked back to the skeletons, laid it out next to them, and carefully heaved the bigger one on to the sheet. Heavy dust flew into his nose, and he stood up facing another direction to sneeze. Then he turned back, and wrapped the sheet around the skeleton. He couldn't help crying a single tear, which slowly left his eye and slid down his cheek, momentarily hanging below his chin, and dropping onto the small package.
They were so helpless..
With even greater care, he picked up the package on the long sides and put it back onto the bed. He did the same for the smaller skeleton, and finally picked up the small stuffed doll. He inspected it for a moment, when he decided to cut off some of his rope, and tied the doll around his waist. These children would be avenged.
He turned towards Rasghull, who was the only one that had accompanied him into the room. "Let us see to it that these small ones get a proper burial. And let us pray that we will find their parents alive. I will sink my axe into their skulls myself." He stressed the final sentence with a clear sound of anger in his voice.

He looked at the toy chest. It was silly, really, but Carne was curious if he could find a clue there. As he lifted the surprisingly heavy lid, he got interrupted by the familiar voice of a girl:
"Hey, get away from our toys!"
In the middle of the room appeared the ghostlike figures of Rose and Thorn standing there. Rose had her hands on her hips, looking defiant. Thorn did his best to hide behind his sister.

Azgard watched as Carne opened the locked door. After the coast was most certainly clear, he ran to the other two doors he saw and opened them. One room, to his right seemed to be mostly empty; it also held no clue towards the mysterious area. The second room, to his left, was also mostly empty. Completely perplexed by the walls that lined the same area left out by the other three floors, Azgard ran his hands along the wall. As he did, the wall swung open like a door to reveal a spiral staircase leading down.

"Here it is!" Azgard yelled to the team. He let out an excited scream along with his announcement. He backed up to let the team see down the stairwell. Suddenly, a feathery, gaseous, black aura surrounded Azgard. He could hear screams of agony in the distance, and they became louder and louder. Crackling fire began to harmonize with the screams as Azgard was seemingly forced to sit on the floor. He was drawn to the tome that was still in his hand from the hidden room below. He opened it, and embers flew from the pages carrying the ink that used to line the pages. Hidden behind this text were instructions written in Infernal, they were written directly by his patron Tyranthraxus.

Azgard began to prey, as the demands of Tyranthraxus flowed into him like water. “Kossuth, I release myself to your cleansing verdict and relinquish my will. I know I cannot go against my patron, but my true faith reaches beyond this deception. I am but a tool in the hands of Tyranthraxus, but let me use my power for clarity and purity, for you.”

The embers from the air dropped back into the tome, covering the words he learned. The screaming and fire retreated into the distance to silence. The air thinned out, and the black air cleared. Azgard’s hands scorched the binding of the tome, until it finally combusted. He leaned his back onto the furnace behind him. In a rage, he ripped his backpack off of him and grabbed as many tomes from his backpack as he could carry with two hands hoping they would burn also. When they didn’t, he dropped them. Tears welled in his eyes.

Azgard let out a request to his other party members in the other room: “Rasghull, please extinguish your torch so the dark powers may give me sight.” He looked over his shoulder, squinting past the dim light that poured into the room.

Last edited:
Thia waited behind Carne as he unlocked the padlock to the door. When he finally opened the door she locked eyes on the gruesome sight before her. Thia turned averted her gaze as soon as she could but the sight was forever in her mind now. She pulled the hood of the cloak over her head and walked down the hall to the other room, trying to stifle her crying. When she went into the room Azgard was in she saw him running his hands along the wall. Not wanting to make conversation at this moment, she went over to the sheet that held a trunk under it. She tore the sheet off and and pulled open the trunk lid to discover another skeleton. Thia was horrified, but found herself unable to look away from this sight as easily. Many things were running through her mind, a dead body had been thrown into this trunk by a possible murderer, and that this skeleton seemed to be wearing the same clothing the statue that almost killed her was carved to wear. Both the horrendous sight and the thought of the statue that nearly brought her death sent her over the edge. She fell onto her butt and started pushing herself backward with her hands and feet till her back met the wall. She buried her head into her legs as she held herself with her arms, too preoccupied with her own mental break to realize what was going on with Azgard in the same room. It's then that her mind felt like it exploded. She suddenly felt both the knowledge of new magic and glimpses of the future press in on her consciousness. The overwhelming amount of stuff that assailed her mind within a few short moments causes Thia to pass out, a balled up heap against the wall of the room.

The ghosts appear in response to Carne’s meddling just as Azgard shouts his request for Rasghull to snuff out their only source of light. Is he receiving a gift from the dark powers? Didn’t that letter mention the dark powers?

Rashull shouts into the hallway, No can do. We got a situation here. We need you two back here. Now.

Rasghull glares at Carne, regretting doing nothing to stop Carne from poking around the room. We’ll leave your stuff alone, won’t we strong one? We seemed to have crossed whatever line these ghosts had. Now we will see if we really angered them or if they will let us go in peace.

Rasghull takes a slight bow without losing sight of the ghosts. I apologize for our intrusion. I only meant to find a way back home until we saw what happened here. Rasghull takes a knee to be closer to eye level with these ghosts. They call me Rasghull. I need to know… where are your parents?

Azgard regained his sanity and wondered if it was really him who had asked Rasghull to extinguish his flame. He looked over at Thia who had herself in the fetal position, and questioned whether she witnessed what he had. Once Rasghull requested his presence, he rushed into the other room to see two familiar ghosts introducing themselves to the two warriors. He was able to make out their request to not leave them.

“Rose... Thorn...?” Azgard knew he wasn’t the only one who could see the ghosts, but after what happened he knew that he could currently be in a dream.

“Can you leave here?” He asked the two children.

Carne took a slight step back, away from the ghosts. Were they...
"You want to possess us so you can leave?"
Carne didn't like this idea. Not one bit. He had seen a lot of strange things today, but an otherworldly being entering his physical body? Carne furrowed his brows, part suspicious, part creeped out, part sorry for the children.

"Say, we saw the two of you outside this house in a much more.. corporeal shape. Were these really you two?"

This response puzzled Carne. Just what was it that they had seen outside?
It seemed clear to him that he wouldn't get any satisfactory answer out of these children. They appeared to have just about the same idea of what was going on as he himself did. None. He decided it may be best not to upset them any further. Poor little things.

"Don't worry about it. I cannot allow you to possess me, but.."
He fumbled for a moment, untying the stuffed doll from his waist, and holding it toward the two ghostly children.
"Can you... fit in here?"
Carne had no idea if they could, much less if they would, but this proposition appealed a lot more to him. He wanted to help these children, but not at the cost of risking his own life.
Had they still been alive, things might have looked different to Carne.

"Oh..." Azgard heard what Carne and Rose's ghost were talking about before the realization really hit him, "Oh! Uh... Carne..." Azgard walked over to the barbarian and pulled him to the side slightly, "the ghosts linger here whenever they are distressed in some way. They could be looking to complete an unresolved task, or they might not even know they're dead." Azgard looked back and smiled to the two ghost children, hoping they either don't hear him or don't take offense to his explanations.

"They long to possess someone in order to complete that task. But..." Azgard turned away further from the children and lowered his voice to a whisper, "they can be dangerous. I think we need to do the right thing and put their remains to rest, so they can have peace.”

Azgard looked back at the ghosts, and conjured a smile, "I'm not sure you'd want to possess me, personally. I've sold my soul a long time ago. I was deceived into a pact with a... a very bad person." As Azgard was speaking of a subject he would rather not elaborate on, he quickly turned the conversation, "Carne, do we have another suggestion for them?” He looked over at Carne to see if he would like to propose the idea. The muscular, rough-and-tough man seemed very affected by their death.

Last edited:
Rasghull felt uneasy as they interacted with the ghosts. Someone was missing, and he knew they were alone.

He glances around and sees that the elf in their party is missing. He takes a deep sigh, wondering why he feels the most guilt from leaving her alone. He feels soreness in his knee as he stands back up. He is getting older, and his body reminds him of his limits every once in a while. He just hopes his soul finds rest when he passes instead of lingering around here. With your permission, I will leave the room for just a moment. Maybe you can show these two how to play with your toys.

Rasghull begins to walk out, but feels Thorn step forward. He turns around but does not see Thorn there. He feels Thorn trying to occupy his body. He is not sure exactly how, but he pushes the boy's soul out before it is too late. He runs out as soon as he is freed and takes cover behind the wall. That's what I get for showing manners to a couple of ghosts. Be careful you two. I'm checking on Thia.

He walks through the open door down the hall. He sees sheets littering the floor, dusty furniture standing in no specific order, an open trunk serving as a grim coffin, and Thia curled up in a ball against the wall. There you are.

Rasghull closes the chest. He has seen enough of it. He lays his torch on the seat of the chair, letting the burning end hang off the seat harmlessly as it casts menacing shadows against the walls and ceiling. He approaches Thia and kneels down to shake her awake.

Last edited:
After a couple moments Thia shoots up from Rasghull's grasp, then immediately pulls out her spellbook to write down the spells that were in her mind before she forgot any part of them. Once she looks over what she has written to make sure it's all correct she closes her spellbook and breaths a sigh of relief. Thia stands up and dusts herself off before looking at Rasghull. "Thank y-you for w-waking me." She says quietly, embarrassed that something like this has happened to her twice within the same house. She nods to Rasghull before looking over at the secret staircase that Azgard found. "Hopefully this will lead down into the basement, but I guess we need everyone here before we go down there..." Thia walks back over to the entrance of the room and calls out for her friends. "There is a staircase going down in this room, it might lead to the basement and maybe even out of this house. We need everyone here before we go down it." During this whole time blurry images of the future press in on Thia's mind, but since she can't clearly make them out, and the fact that her friends would probably find her insane, she decides not to tell anyone of her newfound power for now.

Azgard watched on in horror as the ghost of Thorn tried to occupy Rasghull, but he didn't let it show in his mannerisms. Rasghull was strong enough to resist him, and follow up with class so that the ghosts were not alarmed; but Azgard wasn't too sure he could do the same. He did the only thing he could think of to try to squeeze by the doorway without confrontation, and that was to talk his way out.

"Well as I said," he began with a friendly tone, "I would love to host a spirit or two, but I don't think you'd want anything to do with me!" Azgard let out a chuckle, hoping not to sound too nervous as he approached the doorway.

"I believe my party would love to come back to give your bodies a proper burial," his tone became more serious and calming, "but we're unfortunately unable to leave the house at this point. We're going to check downstairs in the basement for you to see if we can find out what monster lies in there. I promise you two that we will avenge your death, and give you peace... in due time." Azgard watched the reactions of the children as he spoke. After he allowed his last words to resonate through the room, he calmly moved through the threshold to go meet Thia and Rasghull, gesturing to Carne to do the same.

Carne felt a little colder after arriving in the basement along with his companions. He couldn't quite get the sobs of the ghost children out of his head. Has it been the right decision to leave them there, all by themselves? How long had they been alone?

"Walter Durst...", Carne read off of a stone slab leading into an empty room. "I have the feeling I have heard this name before."
He continued on, reading aloud the names from the other, sealed, crypts.
"Gustav Durst... Elisabeth Durst..."
He paused for a moment, staring at the names of the northernmost crypts.
"Rosavalda and Thornboldt Durst..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back