Party 3

Thia quietly thanked the guards as she shuffled past them into the town. She started to think about where she should go first, but then remembered what Madame Eva said at the card reading. One of the cards talked about the home of a saint, and the guard had said there was a church dedicated to a saint here. She made up her mind to go find this church and see if she could find the symbol of protection behind the sun, like the card had said. She heard Fargrim grumble about how tired he was, which was understandable considering what he had gone through a few hours ago. "You c-can go rest at the i-inn, but I want to g-go check out t-the church." Thia felt slightly safer in a large town like this, and since she could still turn herself invisible at a moments notice she didn't feel too nervous about walking around.

Finarin dips her head in thanks to the guards, entering and casting a careful look around. "I think I will go to Blinksky's." She decides softly. "I have not much of a desire to visit the church."

"I'll come with you Thia." Azgard chimed in, "I would like to check out this church as well. I would like to expand my knowledge of the gods, and maybe answer some questions I have about these prophecies spoken for us."

“I’ll head out to the inn first, need a couple of drinks. I’ll book rooms for us. If you guys didn’t come to the inn in 1 hour, guess I’ll check out the church.”

Finarin taps Tara on the shoulder to pull her attention from the monkey before she speaks. "Excuse me sir, but what do you mean a doll of her?" She asks softly. "if you don't mind my asking, sir. I promise I will not tell anyone that you told us."

After doing a quick examination Thia saw many sun symbols around, which made it difficult to ascertain the location of the object they were looking for. She decided to cast detect magic on herself so that they could walk around and maybe see if it was hiding behind any of the suns without having to check behind them all. As she did this however she noticed that everyone that was walking by looked warily at her and a few hurried past her quickly with a look of fear in there eyes. Thia realized that while she knew detect magic wouldn't harm anyone, most people didn't know what the different spells were, and just associate magic casting with destruction. She sighed to herself, feeling dejected, then she pulled her hat over her head more and quickly made her way into the church with Azgard.

Fargrim approaches the bartender,
“Can I have 2 pints of beer for me and my friends, and do you serve food here? I want a bowl of beef and potato stew. Its a cold day today.”

Finarin moves forward, shoving the girl's arms down slightly. "easy. stand down, Ireena " she says softly. "easy. We have to figure out what's going on here. I don't think it is his fault.". She turns back to the terrified looking man. "have you made other dolls? Do you know what he does to them?"

“Okay I’ll have your Red Dragon wine in the bottle. Also I will have that wolf steak and the soup, add garlic if you can. Also reserves us five rooms, my companions would be here soon.”

Fargrim then heads toward the corner of the room, and sit on a chair. He then look at Ismark,

“Well young man, now that we arrived at Vallaki, do you think we would be safe? Do you know anyone from around here?”

“Hello father, I am Azgard and this is my friend Thia, we are here to learn of your faith and understand the meaning of this symbol.” Azgard pointed towards the symbol of the sun. He looked at Father Lucian curiously, eager to learn of new faiths, but ultimately concerned with how the symbol might affect their lives.

Thia looked around as Azgard talked to the priest. She noticed that her detect magic wasn't picking up anything, which irritated her, but her mood changed when she looked over at the altar in the back of the church. It's relic was missing, instead there was a hole where it should have been on the altar. As soon as Azgard finished his sentence Thia spoke in her quiet tone. "Where d-did your relic g-go?" She pointed past the priest to the altar, and she wondered if the missing relic was the symbol they were looking for.

Finarin dips his head. "I hope we will be able to keep him from bothering you in the future sir. Do you know where he lives or generally hangs out?" She asks curiously, before turning to look at the toys. "could I...um...have all of them?" She asks hesitantly.

“Well good sir!” , Fargrim drinks a gulp of wine. “This is indeed a great tasting wine. But if you want us to go out of town, even just a few miles, I want to have my companions with me. So let us relax, and wait for them. Tomorrow I assure you we would look into your shipments.”

He then slouches on his chair, feeling full after eating his lunch, while drinking from his bottle of wine.

As soon as Thia heard the news about the relic she excused herself and went outside to find the groundskeeper. She still was unsure if this bone was what they were looking for, but even if it wasn't she wanted to help out. After so much death and sadness she wanted to brighten somebodies day. She finds the groundskeeper still digging holes, his back turned to her. She quietly approaches him, but stops about five feet from him before she speaks. "E-excuse me, what do you k-know about the r-relic that's m-missing from the c-church?" Thia asked him calmly.

Azgard jogs out of the church, following Thia. He did not catch up to her before she had already confronted the groundskeeper. He knew she has been anxious since the tarot reading, especially after the commotion.

“Hello there! I’m Azgard and this is Thia. We’re travellors who’ve heard of this church and always wanted to visit. It seems like we came early to the service!” Azgard chuckled, and waited for a response from the boy to see if he was going to be receptive to conversation.

Finarin drips her head in thanks, handing over the 2 gold 1 silver and 6 copper. "Thank you very much, sir." She carefully packs up the toys, eyes kind, though nervous. "Please be safe, sir. I will deal with your...problem." She assures him, turning to look at Ireena. "we should go to the bar and meet up with the dwarf."

Thia flinched as the groundskeeper yelled at her. She thought about charming him for the information, but then remembered how well her last spell went. She couldn't risk people branding her as a harmful wizard, she was just trying to help the town. Thia opened her bag up and rustled around in it till she produced 12 gold coins, she knew this should be enough to feed two people for a month. She gingerly held them out in her hand towards the groundskeeper. "W-we are just trying to h-help people, I d-don't think you're a b-bad person....G-getting the b-bone back would help the w-whole town."

Azgard nodded and walked away with Thia, “well that was unexpected,” Azgard said, shooting a smile her way, “maybe we should pay this coffinmaker a visit?”

Finarin drops one hand to the Panther's shoulder as Tara hunches behind her, tail flicking anxiously, and glances at the wagon warily. " What do you HAVE in there?" He questions. "and what do you have for sale?"

"Hello... sir?" Azgard started, "we're here with the city. I'm Gardaz, and this is my partner, Iath." Azgard winked at Thia, hoping she caught on.

"We've been running late, I apologize, but we just need to inspect your business. It's mostly a statistical matter, the city is very concerned with a possible downfall in vendors... ah well, I can bore you with the details later. May we come in? I have our city permit here." With minor illusion, Azgard conjured a small official-enough looking badge to flash if the man wasn't buying into his deception.

Finarin walks slowly away from the Wagon and the stockyard, not willing to go anywhere near a creature that scared Tara. She decides to go to the bar and meet up with Fargrim.

Thia quickly picks up the bones and puts them in her bag. The church will be happy to see these back, and the thought of it made her smile. She considered the basement of vampires but then remembered how strong just one of them were from the last church they were at. She was about to turn around and go back to deliver the bones when Azgard started talking to the man. When Henrik looked like he was about to bolt Azgard quickly told Thia to cast charm person on him. In a panic Thia cast the spell on him without thinking too much about the consequences, but from what she knew about the magic it seemed to have worked on the man.

Thia quickly writes down the name of the man Henrik met, before allowing him to leave. Once he was out of sight she turned to walk back to the church. "We have the bones now, I'm s-sure the priest will be happy to s-see them back." She was worried about the vampires they were leaving in the basement of this house, but she also knew there wasn't much she could do about them. She hoped that they wouldn't cause problems to the town once they realized Henrik was gone. "We should go to the inn after we drop these off. Fargrim or Finarin might have found some other things for us to do."

Finarin ducks into the bar, flexing out her back slowly. Tara skitters around her legs, still seeming a little thrown off by the whole situation with the scary wagon as they move to sit near fargrim. Finarin turns to the barkeeper and asks quietly "excuse me, but I could I have a drink please? Whatever is cheapest." Before turning to fargrim. "I see you are doing ok now?"

Thia entered the inn soon after Finarin, with Azgard tailing behind her. She sat down at the table with everyone. "Thank you for getting us a room beforehand Fargrim, I think we are g-going to stay here for a few days. A festival is being held here in t-three days and since we don't have any reason to leave we should stay here for that." Thia then settled down to tell everyone what she did in the day. "Azgard and I w-went to the church but they didn't seem to have the symbol we were looking f-for. We did retrieve a missing relic they had stolen from them though. The guy that took it was threatened by six v-vampires, they are still in the basement of his shop. We should try and do something about them as soon as we c-can." Thia took out the parchment she has been writing on and laid it on the table with her finger pointing to a specific name. "The guy who took the bones told us about a man named Vasili von Holtz. He s-seemed to be the guy who brought the six vampires to his shop. We need to watch out for him...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back