Party 3

Azgard followed behind Thia and gauged the room. After she was finished telling the story, he spoke up,

"We need to go back to that church for their service at dusk. If anyone would like to join they may. How is everything going on your end?" he looked at Finarin, assuming Fargrim hadn't accomplished much in the time they were apart.

Finarin looks between the others for a moment before speaking. "I first visited the toy store. It was...rather creepy, admittedly. He made a doll of Ireena, at the...request, or more like order, of a man who he says will burn down his shop if he did not create it. He says the man is named Izek and that he lives in the burgomaster's home in town. Ireena and I also visited the stockyard. They had some...fairly pricy supplies, but there was also a wagon there that seemed to have a creature of some kind in it. It seemed rather threatening."

“Well folks, I’ve been waiting for you all day. Okay so here is the deal, the innkeeper ask me to see his shipment from the Wizard of Wines. They running low on wine right now and in need of another supply. If you folks didn’t mind going a few miles out of town, we can struck a deal with him and do the job if you want to.”

Thia pulled an ink jar and a scroll out of her bag when she perked up at Fargrim's words. "That sounds like a good idea. The festival is is three days and while we should s-stick around for that we need something to do in the meantime." She looked into her pouch of coins, which was slowly starting to run out. "Hopefully we c-can get paid for doing this, copying these spells into my book takes a lot of money...."

Thia was uncomfortable with the bar atmosphere, since she was someone who never really drank. She excused herself from the table soon after the two drunk men joined with them. She was about to go to her room to do some studying when she caught what Rictavio was saying. Thia quietly found herself at the back of the small crowd he had around him. This man was apparently the owner of the wagon down at the stockyard and Thia was interested in talking to him but was unsure if she should interrupt his stories. She decided to wait until he was done and then try to catch him before he left.

Azgard noted the woman next to him as she cried for her son. From the small amount of information he gathered, he was swayed to the opinion that her son was wrongfully taken. But, he knew that there might be more to the story. The general fear in the room, however, complements the idea that the leaders of this area are corrupt.

When approached by the strange, armed man, Azgard simply glanced at the note that was given to him and nodded.

After the service, Azgard waited to be out of earshot of the strange man to ask the crying woman more about her story, and if he could do anything to help.

“Well hello folks, these wine is so good, Yew no what, how bout we bettin who will passed out first, the weener can take All the gold. Heh, want to bet? I bet 2 gold pieces!”

Fargrim take out a couple of gold coins ant put it on the table.

Finarin slowly approaches Szoldar & Yevgeni, trying to keep her unliking of their profession out of her eyes. Tara hangs back several steps as Finarin reaches the men , before bolting back to her side as the girl says, "hello. I hear you may be able to give us some help as guides?"

Fargrim hold his bottle up and says “Here is to all the people that enjoy the night!”, And he proceed to drink a big gulp.

“Well folks, I’m certainly not from round ere. Its a long way from my home, ahould travel by sea, you know, I am a trained sailor. But the wine ere is good, even when I get back I surely would brought these bottles home. What about you folks? Been here for long?”

Finarin dips her head slightly, moving to the bar before returning with a silver piece worth of liquor for each and one for herself. She sits, taking a long mouthful before turning to the man with a short beard and asking "What do you know about they abbey near here?

Thia shuffled around nervously as she tried her best to make eye contact with Rictavio. "O-oh, sorry. I was j-just wondering what y-you were doing in t-this town. You are n-not like the p-people around here, you're m-much more....lively." Rictavio actually reminded Thia of the Vistani they had met previously, they also were much more full of life then anyone else they had met in Barovia. "Me a-and my friends w-were also curious a-about the wagon you had at the s-stockyard. It seemed to h-have something i-inside it?"

“I would like to talk to this man. I understand that I might not possess the power alone to change his mind, but maybe I can get some help. I will do what I can miss.”
Azgard kissed the lady’s hand and went on his way back to the bar to meet back up with the party.

Thia gave a slight nod as Rictavio left. She looked around the room for anyone else worth talking to. She spotted Finarin talking to the wolf people, which she didn't want to interrupt, and then saw that the table Fargrim was at was empty again. Thia breathed a sigh of relief as she made her way over to the table, sitting down across from Fargrim. "Once Azgard gets back we should all go to s-sleep. It seems like tomorrow will be busy for us."

Fargrim collected the coins on the table. He drinks one more gulp of wine and slam the bottle hard. He then goes to his friends and says, “I’m gonna need some sleep, tomorrow I suggest we go to the vineyard, it seems like the barkeep is really low on supply. Well you lot have fun!”, and he goes on upstairs into his room. You hear loud snore from there about five minutes later.

Without much of a fuss, Azgard stepped over the vomit and around the men who were responsible for it. He entered the tavern and looked around for his party. He saw Finarin having a conversation with a stranger, and Thia looking down at a sleepy Fargrim.

He made his way towards Thia to tell her about the service.

“Hello Thia,” he turned to Fargrim, whose head was down on the table, “Hello, uh, nevermind. Thia, I have a couple interesting bits about the service I attended back at the church. Why don’t we all grab a room and I can tell you about them where it’s quiet?”

Thia breathed a quiet sigh of relief when she saw Azgard enter through the door. She had been a little concerned the entire time he was gone, since he was out at night all alone. "Yea, that sounds good. I talked to the owner of the w-wagon while you were gone and he talked about a camp of Vistani to the west of here that he wanted us to c-check out. Fargrim might of learned something when he was talking to those two guys, and Finarin has been t-talking to the wolf hunters since you have b-been gone." Thia slowly made her way to the room with Azgard as she talked. "Should we tell her that we are going to the room?"

"Fin!" Azgard threw his voice across the tavern to get her attention, when she looked up, he beckoned her to come along, "let's see if we can get Fargrim up, "

Azgard reached over and shook Fargrim's shoulder, to see if he would follow them up.

Finarin says goodbye to the two men, standing and moving slowly towards the others. "This shall not be fun." She grumbles, ignoring Tara nipping at the dwarf's heels.

Azgard woke up the next morning with Thia already up after her trance.

“What’s our next move Thia? I remember hearing someone has a job for us so we can possibly make some extra coin. Besides that, I’ve learned that the burgomaster has been ruling here with quite the iron fist, detaining anyone who speaks out against them. Oh and small detail I forgot to mention, Lady Wachter invited us all to dinner tonight. The details are here on this note...”

Azgard pulled out the note he was handed at the church,

“I think we really need to go, she will be expecting us... but ... it could be a trap.”

Finarin grimaces. "we all need to attend? I would feel better if someone could remain on security." She grumbles. "But besides that, I believe we had a request related to wine? That might be a good place to start."

Fargrim wake up late, all his friends already downstair preparing for the journey, He run downstair, grab a few slices of bread and egg and sit down alongside the party.

“Well, well, well, we’re going to the vineyard first alright. I made a promise to the old barkeeper.”

Fargrim try to identify the figure, but the rain and the fog obscure his vision, he just know that its a female by the silhouette.

He then try calling at the figure, “Hello Madam, is this the vineyard of the wizard of wine? Urwin the barkeeper sent us here to check the supplies.”

Thia's hat kept a little of the rain from hitting her, but her clothes were still slicked with rain by the time they got to the winery. She tried to peer through the fog with her elven eyes but the figure still looked like nothing for then a female humanoid to her. At least they got here quickly though, hopefully they could resolve this situation and still have time to get back to the dinner tonight. Thia continued from Fargrim's statement. "Y-yes, we heard t-that the latest s-shipment has been late. Urwin told us that w-we could check on the w-winery. Is e-everything alright?" Thia's voice could barely reach out to the figure, and she took slow steps toward them as she spoke.

Azgard stopped behind Thia as she spoke after Fargrim. The appearing figure made him uneasy an suspicious of an ambush. He looked down to see Tara sniffing about. Leaning to one knee, Azgard comforted her.

“It’s okay, they’re not here to hurt us.”

Azgard wasn’t sure who he was trying to convince. He looked around to see if there were more, and there was. They did not seem to mean harm, but the entire situation seemed odd.

Thia scans over the surroundings as Davian talks. As soon as he asks for their help she looks back to him. "We w-were sent here to s-see what happened to t-the wine shipment. If w-we could also h-help you get your winery back t-that would not only help you, b-but it would help all the inns around h-here." She glanced at her friends before continuing. "I w-would like to help...."

Users who are viewing this thread