• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Partners in War (Private)

Northern Ranger

Aremir, as a ranger, traveled to many foreign lands for many different jobs over his short life. With almost no exceptions, he had worked alone. Perhaps, this was because the skills of a ranger were not made for teamwork. Perhaps, it was simply because of traditions. Whatever the reason, the royals of the towering white city, clad in marble and gold and inhabited by near exclusively high elves, hadn't paid it any heed. The job was simple enough; travel south of the city, passing through the dwarven mountains, until they managed to find a tribe of orcs clad in red armor. Find out where the Orc's had taken the city's duchess, and essentially kidnap her back. The ranger was surprised to find that they had assigned him a partner, as it were- from what he heard, it was another traveler though not another ranger, but rather an elven blade singer.

He sat inside the nearly empty in, with clean white walls and tables stained only with the outline of wine glasses, awaiting the arrival of this newcomer. He kept his hood pulled over his head, eyes glinting as he stared down the door, as if trying to light it on fire. His fingers fidgeted against the edge of the table.

A lightly armored elf donning some mithril scale mail comes up to you "I'm assuming you're Aremir." he says with an intrigued expression. (sorry for the one liner, I'll try to write more in the future)

Aremir's gaze instantly narrowed in on the stranger, eyes narrowing from where they were shadowed by his hood. "You would be assuming correctly." he rasped out quietly. Years of isolation had turned his voice into something scratchy and quiet, if still intimidating. "And you, my friend, might you be?" His leather shoes softly pushed against the ground as he stood, wooden chair scraping on the stone floor. He drew himself up to his full height. Despite still being half a foot shorter than the elf before him, he still looked both defiant and curious. His hand rested casually on the hilt of his sword, not as a threat, but simply as habit.

"Leyorn R'lyeh, I was told you were my partner for this mission." He looks at your gear and clothing carefully before saying "It's rare to see a ranger from the north in these parts." He said with his deep and melodic voice as he stretches his hand out in greeting as he stands tall with his thinner build, though it's much larger than the average elf's.

Aremir shook his hand, smiling softly. "On the other hand, bladesingers such as yourself are... ever so common." He joked lightly. Finally, he lowered his hood, seemingly satisfied that Leyorn was who he claimed to be. His dark, wavy hair was chopped unevenly, falling lightly around his shoulders and framing his face. His stubble made it apparent that he had not had the luxury of shaving for quite some time, but was still too young and gaunt to grow a full beard. Years of isolation had robbed Aremir not only of his voice, but also of social cues, and he simply stood in awkward silence as he stared unnervingly at the elf before him.

"Well played Aremir." After a lapse in conversation he asks "Well are you ready to go or do you need to take care of some stuff?"

"We should leave now, before the sun has a chance to lower any further and steal our time away." Aremir answered instantly. Just as quickly, he started down, out of the bar, and turned east towards the town gates. "This city is peaceful. It is doubtful we will be attacked soon after leaving. If we move with haste, we might make it to the mountains by dark." Suddenly, he stopped. "Or maybe we wont." he rasped. He started off down the roads once again, moving like a raindrop down glass, as if his odd moment of doubt had not happened.
(BTW I'll have to go offline soon, but I'll be back on later.)

(That's fine)
Leyorn shrugs and follows behind keeping pace with ease "The mountains aren't too far, we should be able to make it today." he says keeping a watchful eye out and having his hands leisurely near his weapons at all times, ready for almost any surprise.

(IF you don't want to continue with it I understand, but please let me know if you are.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back