• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Partner Search (1x1, OCxOC)

stellaella

Roleplay Type(s)
Hey everyone!

I'm on the hunt for partners. I wouldn't say I'm incredibly selective when it comes to my partners, but I'd like to write with someone who can give me thoughtful, well-written, and detailed responses. I have a more detailed list of what I can do and what I expect from my partners on my profile - please check that out.

I've made a list below of pairings/general ideas that we can build off of. I've highlighted the ones that I've been interested in as of late (subject to change). As you can tell, I like a good dose of romance in my RPs, although I'd prefer that we have something going on plot-wise outside of that as well.
  • Opposites (bad x good, country x city, jock x nerd, overachiever x slacker, etc. - think any Hallmark movie ever)
  • Police x criminal (a cat-and-mouse situation, perhaps)
  • Academic rivals (think dark academia, etc.)
  • Athlete x athlete (figure skating partners, dance partners, teammates, etc.)
  • Ballet teacher x ballerina (both being of age and consenting, of course)
  • Professor x graduate student (as above - this goes without saying)
  • FBI agent x FBI agent (or one is a local cop or detective who is used to being on top, when they suddenly find themselves out of their depth when they’re paired with a special agent who looks down on them)
  • Enemies to lovers (passion, angst)
  • Friends to lovers (pining, tenderness, jealousy)
  • Celebrity x celebrity (think: co-stars, fake dating for press, etc. - no real celebrities, OCs only, please)
  • Celebrity x journalist, celebrity x normal person
  • Arranged marriage (can be paired with enemies to lovers)
  • Royal x royal, royal x knight, royal x commoner
  • Single parent x teacher, single parent x nanny
  • Bodyguard x client
  • Best friend’s sibling (drama!)
  • Fake dating
  • Spy x spy (they could be rivals, they could be teammates)
  • Doctor x doctor, doctor x nurse (think Grey’s Anatomy drama)
  • Veteran x veteran (trauma bonding, angst)
  • Friends with benefits turned something more
  • Unexpected/unplanned pregnancy
I have some (slightly) fleshed out plot ideas for some of these, and even some character sketches that I would like to flesh out more as well. I do MxF pairings, and will play either gender (although I prefer to play female).

I know I sound a bit unfriendly - I'm not (or at least I hope I'm not). Shoot me a message if any of these ideas interest you, I'd love to chat more.

Last edited:
I would love to do an arranged marriage or opposites! Shoot me a PM and we can get that figured out!

Bumping this! Currently really craving academic rivals. I also have a rough character sketch (M) for the ballet teacher (ballet teacher x dancer), and a rough sketch for the graduate student (F) (professor x student). Both have a dark academia vibe to them.

I am always a sucker for an arranged marriage too. Really craving this. I really want to explore the relationship between detailed, complex characters, and the strange, tense situation they find themselves in, as well as the political and emotional implications of it. Darker/mature themes are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back