Music Parrot's Phonograph

oh, since we were talking about koto and all that, I just had to share this!

Sailor Moon theme song on traditional Japanese instruments! (the channel has a lot of other cool covers!)

Oh my x'D
I can't stop chuckling, and the fact that it's well done makes it even better

《良宵引》​

The song name is translated like 'Prelude to a pleasant evening', or 'Pleasant night' or something similar. And there are many versions of it, depending on who is performing.
I'm sharing this one because I like it and the video is from the channel I regularly watch. But when I play this song myself, I play it a bit differently :) I think each performance is very personal and I love it!

I recommend using headphones or good speakers for this!

I used to be in a Chinese orchestra before, I was not very into it cuz of other factors instead of the music playing. I am glad you are able to find joy in playing those instruments!

I vibe with Dizi (Bamboo flute) now since it's the easiest instrument to play intuitively. Was trying to find a nice piece for bamboo flute, but then there are too many options, so I managed to find a modern piece from a movie covered by a reed instrument Hulusi. It is pretty easy to find other versions tho. ;)

A beautiful myth/ Myth (美丽的神话)

I used to be in a Chinese orchestra before, I was not very into it cuz of other factors instead of the music playing. I am glad you are able to find joy in playing those instruments!

I vibe with Dizi (Bamboo flute) now since it's the easiest instrument to play intuitively. Was trying to find a nice piece for bamboo flute, but then there are too many options, so I managed to find a modern piece from a movie covered by a reed instrument Hulusi. It is pretty easy to find other versions tho. ;)

A beautiful myth/ Myth (美丽的神话)

I play dizi too but I find it hard to play lol You need to breathe! Breathing is hard! XD

Such a pretty song though!

It's that time of the day when I just stare at the wall and listen to this song on repeat, so I thought I'd share too lol I didn't even like the series all that much. The song though...
I can't play it yet but maybe in a few years will learn!

《凉凉》 from 'Eternal Love' (三生三世十里桃花)​

It's that time of the day when I just stare at the wall and listen to this song on repeat, so I thought I'd share too lol I didn't even like the series all that much. The song though...
I can't play it yet but maybe in a few years will learn!

《凉凉》 from 'Eternal Love' (三生三世十里桃花)​

My word, is that a beautiful song!

Keep at it, Onmyoji Onmyoji ! You'll be able to play this too someday. Perhaps it'll be your own version of it, but you'll make this song yours too if you want it enough.

Thank you for sharing it! I'm going to put it into my collection of YouTube music videos that I like to come back to. =)

Y'all have pretty good music :' D
Here's one that I like myself:

Piano Song - Dan Ga (Dae Jang Geum Original Soundtrack)​

Last edited:
And now for something completely different! 8D

Not only is NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series like nothing else on the Internet (and they've had Khruangin on too if you'll remember them from one of my recent posts), the Blue Man Group has been an absolute trip off the the side of the world with their characterization, unusual attention-getting entertainment, and especially that sound of theirs! Take a good listen to the second song here, "The Forge" and I bet you'll see what I mean. =)

"Blue Man Group: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert"

Oh! And I think I forgot to mention just how much FUN these guys are! I've seen them once live and they are such a treat! 8D

Last edited:
And now for something completely different! 8D

Not only is NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series like nothing else on the Internet (and they've had Khruangin on too if you'll remember them from one of my recent posts), the Blue Man Group has been an absolute trip off the the side of the world with their characterization, unusual attention-getting entertainment, and especially that sound of theirs! Take a good listen to the second song here, "The Forge" and I bet you'll see what I mean. =)

"Blue Man Group: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert"

Oh! And I think I forgot to mention just how much FUN these guys are! I've seen them once live and they are such a treat! 8D

When they take the mic and the lady's just like: 🤬 😤
While traditional, here's something that's also pretty cool

J.S. Bach - Crab Canon on a Möbius Strip​

Today I will bring you some nice (well, nice in my opinion) game music!
They released this song celebrating 1 year anniversary of the game, and I was so glad they listened to player community and added the song to the game lobby where it was alternating with the main game theme! I honestly preferred this song to the main theme XD

林俊傑 JJ Lin 《From The Ashes》Official Lyric Video​

I2I Goofy Movie -Tevin Campbell
Oh my gosh! Tevin Campbell all grown up and still rockin' it! Go, man, go! 8D

This is Campbell back in the day.

"Fresh Prince - Tevin Campbell SIngs Happy Birthday To Ashley"

But I think this song is what he is best known for (when Prince discovered him). I'm here to tell you; kid has the flavor! What a sound and talk about excellent control of his voice! =)

Tevin Campbell - Round And Round (Soul Mix Edit)

Oh my gosh! Tevin Campbell all grown up and still rockin' it! Go, man, go! 8D

This is Campbell back in the day.

"Fresh Prince - Tevin Campbell SIngs Happy Birthday To Ashley"

But I think this song is what he is best known for (when Prince discovered him). I'm here to tell you; kid has the flavor! =) If you're unsure, just play this. =)

Tevin Campbell - Round And Round (Soul Mix Edit)

I didn’t even know it was him in that episode of fresh prince. I looked up his page.

Stray Cat Crossing Ost Benjamin prayer
Hah! Forgive me, dear Parrot, but the moment I saw this (especially after listening to Tevin Campbell/Prince), my brain immediately said, "Stray Cat Strut!" They too have a cool sound. =)

I've never seen this fun video of theirs though, so thanks, Parrot, for the... segue (if I'm using that word right?)!

"Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut (Official Music Video)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back