• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Parissa Monet School For Young Witches OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I agree, I enjoy seeing how everyone has arrived as well. Willows 'arrival' was waking up to a trashed room and not remembering what caused it. xD

Lisette is into music but her singing voice is distinctly average. She's more into playing instruments so she'd want to participate as the accompanist.

I also compiled a list of the events we were discussing, no specific order. Are there any you guys wanted to add or take out?

-Orientation Party
-School Lock-In
-Family Visit day
-Homecoming Masquerade
-Field Trips
-Witchy Olympics?
-PaAArtYyyYYY!! (with booze)

Last edited:
I was wondering what we were going to do for classes and curriculum and how big a part they were going to play in the rp. Will we have some common core classes everyone takes then a few 'electives' that the character would like? I think the classes would be a cool opportunity for character development and a chance to have some students build relationships. I have some ideas for classes and professors too. This is my first text based roleplay so I'm not familiar with any of the conventions. Also, are there rules or codes of conduct for making posts? Like a word limit/requirement or posting order?

Last edited:
I think having a class or two that they all take would be a good idea. In my experience over filling it with different classes can cause an rp to really slow down and can even kill it depending on how it plays out. I think we can all come up with a class or two that everyone would think is cool and we can work those in. I think that list Izie posted above is a good idea of how things can progress and we can work in these classes as we want to, but we should be careful how many we stick in there. Otherwise, I think its a good idea. As for rules I don't know if there is anything specific other than RPN's own fourm rules. In my opinion you post what you can and I wont get upset if it happens to be small every now and then. Each person has their comfort length and such. Not sure if Perseph will come up with any rules though, but thats just my take on it.

We can think up some other events to do, they tend to give an rp longevity over the normal day to day activites that can slowly start to get boring and mundane. As I said, Izie has a good list to start with and that should keep us busy for awhile as it is.

Not everyone writes the same (word-count wise), which is totally fine (unless specified by gm), but in my experience, as long as you give someone something to work with, then youre doing a good job. "Don't just react, actually act" And posting order, just go whenever you think seems appropriate, but give people time to respond.

And I like the classes idea, only if we mix them up though. Because... Yeah if we do like 6-8 of the same classes a day each day, then it's gonna get pretty long and repetitive. If we did a few classes a day (especially magic) we could leave (or time-skip) the rest of the day free time for us to get up to some shenanigans?

Yeah, I was thinking the classes would be more like college style where you have like 2-3 a day and a couple times a week then do what you want with your day.
For classes something like witch-fight club or a druid-y how to exist with nature or be an eco-terrorist class.

How to set the school on fire after a girl calls you a clown because of your genetic disorder. I plan on some girls being rather nasty to Willow. They will be NPC's but its going to be pretty bad at some point. Willow wont take it laying down though, but she will try to not react. But at some point someone is going to have a very bad day.

This is Willow's taste in music. Shes into indie music, like REALLY into it. Though she will listen to anything.

Heya! I'm back😋 working on my post now.

Quick question, how much magic stuff should they know? Can it be whatever we think of, like spells, potions, etc. (within reason of course) or should we have only one primary skill/tallent/power and the rest we learn?

Heya! I'm back😋 working on my post now.

Quick question, how much magic stuff should they know? Can it be whatever we think of, like spells, potions, etc. (within reason of course) or should we have only one primary skill/tallent/power and the rest we learn?

I personally think that those that come from a magical family should know some things, it makes sense for it to be that way. Also, I will have a post up in the morning after you get a chance to post.

Yes maybe make like everyone stays out with a set of number of skills like 3 or 4 for example. Plus one skill if your parents are magic because they would have at least teatched you one thing.
Also would guess those that are second or third years would know and have more skills then a first year

Ill have a post up by tonight. Time for Willow to take one for the team xD

I think having them all have a secret party with alcohol one night will be hysterical. Willow will probably be one of the few not to drink until someone presses her to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back