• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Paragons (Interest Check)

Enkerzed

Dusty Wanderer
PARAGONS

A hundred years ago,

Darkness fell upon the land of Tirn.

For a time unknown,

All was shadow and silence.

Then when the sun finally rose again,

It dawned on a new world...

c3184d5652.jpg

It dawned in lightning.

Vast lands.

Colossal beings.

Storms unending and unremitting.

A perilous existence.

And all that guards us from this strange new reality,

A company of warriors...

2fc21fa189.jpg

The Paragons.

With strength and will,

With ki and mana,

Join this mighty cohort and defend us all.

The basic premise of this rp is super strong warriors fighting kaiju monsters in a high fantasy kind of setting, sort of like a cross between Hunter X Hunter, Monster Hunters, Final Fantasy (pick any really) and Attack on Titan.

So there's the land of Tirn, think of it as Tamriel from the Elder Scrolls series, and then there's the land beyond which is literally just called 'Beyond'. In Hunter X Hunter terms, Tirn is the known world in the Mobius Lake and Beyond is the Dark Continent, except in the world of this rp there's no water between them. The continent of Tirn just straight up became a peninsula to an even larger continent from another world one day and nobody knows why. This event is known as 'the Confluence' due to the correlations with how a smaller stream joins up with a big river and probably how the fish in the stream felt about the sudden change (if they can feel any particular way about it).

In this new world, there are constant lightning storms racking the skies over Tirn, flipping most of its ecosystems upside down on their heads, and then there's the threat of the colossal denizens of Beyond - known as 'Oni' - trampling all over the place, which has already happened twice by now. World ending destruction, mass mayhem, apocalypse, rah rah rah, enter the Paragons. An order of the world's strongest champions gathered to defend the land of Tirn and keep the big fellas from messing up the place, or at the very least kick them out if they manage to do it anyway.

For the races, you got elves, humans, orcs, dwarves and ferans (tribes of anthropomorphic animal people) and they tend to come from one of four nations of Tirn: Nors in the north (humans and dwarves), Avalan to the west (elves), Yolta to the east (orcs) and Ruh to the south (ferans). The land Beyond is east of Yolta and directly abuts what used to be its coastline, and the Paragons make base along this border.

As for magic, you got the Ki arts and Mana arts (further explained in the lore thread when I have it set up). Sorry, it's gotta be one or the other. You can't have both. What you can have however are multiple characters. As many as you like in fact, but do try to keep it reasonable. If any of this sounds at all interesting to you, please let me know. Oh and here's the main rp.

Last edited:
I am super interested! Should I wait until the Lore is finished to create my character? I am still slightly confused about Ki and Mana, but other than that I am really excited!

I'm glad to hear it! If you want, you can put ut up a blank or partial cs now and fill the rest in later as I write up the lore. As for magic, it'll be the very first thing I work on when I get back from work. In a nutshell, Ki magic is all about enhancing one's own physical power and level of self control, whereas Mana is more about being able to affect your surroundings through the use of a highly toxic, but powerful reality warping substance of the same name (more on that later). If you're familiar with Dragon Age, think lyrium.

This looks intriguing... (looks at schedule)

tHTFCvx.gif

I am also confused about the ki and mana stuff though. It sounds like Ki is magic that affects you, and Mana affects everything else?

Thanks hostage hostage , I can't wait to see it. Just try to not fill in too much atm though, the lore's still very much a work in progress. Just the basics will do for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back