• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The world of Grimkar is one of monsters and magical races. From the dangerous dragons living ontop of mountains and deep in the sea, from the elves who control the elements living in tribes throughout the forests and deserts. We could be here forever listing various races and where they live what they do...
Kobolds, Haflings, Beastkin, Goblins, Orcs, Dwarfs, Mermaids, Harpies, Fairys... despite each of these sentient races possessing different strengths, abilities and even magical powers. It is the Humans born without these gifts who have come to prosper in this world. For Grimkar was created by the gods and humanity in their image.julian-hellwig-dionysus-julianhellwig.jpgThe gods are vast in number, each with a different title and preferred way of being worshipped. These gods are known to grant power to chosen mortals should they be worthy and pious towards their God.
The most powerful abilities are granted to warriors truly dedicated to a God and their cause, they are called Paladins.
1200a2d6aaf3cf7b3273f2fd7e28d7b6.jpg
Paladins chosen by a God are respected and feared for good reason, but all who know of the powers God's chosen can wield know how scary the gods and the pious can be.
The most terrifying power a paladin has is known by all as The Chains of Enslavement.
Chains made of magic that binds a soul to the paladin's, so long as the paladin keeps practicing the teaching of their God any they have bound will be unable to go against the Paladins wishes.

The Chains of Enslavement is a holy power for mortals to wield against the evil that cannot be slain by human means.
With these chains a single paladin can potentially subdue any race creature or monster.
It's said the first Paladin was chosen by Solair God of the Sun, God of warmth, light and fire.
That paladin used the chains of Enslavement to capture the dragon Alduit and commanded the world ending monster to wait in the ocean. Alduit drowned for the next twenty years, each day that paladin would praise the sun and each night light a candle. Saving Grimkar from what should have been the end of the world.20-dragon-characters-in-anime.jpg
While dragons are still a threat to this world, they are not the most dangerous.
All manner of evil threatens the world of Grimkar, only the Paladins have a true chance at saving the lands.
===================================
The rp is suited to a small group between four and six players. Each player would be making either a human paladin given a magic power or two by a God, or a different race that either chooses to join a paladin or has been recruited by the chains of a paladin.

Mind you while the name mentions enslavement it's not like these chains are a instant one shot solution to everything. For example if a elf bandit is taken by the chains they don't become submissive or anything but they can't do anything heretical (to said god) or attack whoever they are bound to aswell as being unable disobey orders from the paladin.
"Take out those wolves!!" The elf bandit could choose to engage those wolves whenever they wanna.
"Take out those wolves now!" The elf bandit is kinda forced into fighting.
But say the paladin doesn't do daily worship or does something bad in the eyes of their God, then anything affected by their chains would be set free instantly.
Anyone seem keen?

For a example this is my idea for a paladin

f7ddb806d544e90ca7c7113dad145bbd.jpg

Devout to the God of ecstasy, parties and revenge Shenanigans.
This paladin pleases Shen by drinking and being merry, if any wrong the paladin/shenanigans then revenge must be taken or the paladin will be seen as a heretic failure.
They would get a magic suited to Shen and those chains above.

Character examples i may put here if I find art to represent it aha
20220729_152157.jpga paladin chosen by the god of war and battle, they enslaved a wild goblin teaching it the ways of humans it now serves willingly as a squire/aid in battle aswell as worships with the paladin via fighting/training/making ritualistic sacrifices

Last edited:
When I say based off Baalbuddy, like not so much that each Knight carries a goblin for personal reasons or each elf is thirsty to the point of being repulsive... though I find it funny if you wanna.

Tentative interest, to bring in a paladin of the god of fire or something. Maybe I'll break out of my comfort zone and do something different, we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back