• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pack Mentality

Opener:I'ts been seven days now, seven days since i began wondering.

There was a blizzard that hit my packs location, as we went on a simple hunt, the white-out conditions caused me to lose all sense of my pack , and my location...

That was seven days ago, and now I've lost all hope, as I've traveled so far south by mistake, I've actually seen trees with full sets of leaves.

For seven days i haven't slept, eaten, or even rested, and now finally from sheer exhaustion, i collapse under a small oak tree, a small oak tree that happens to be in your territory.

(story picks up here): My body ached as i took the last few steps of my journey, one paw after another i chanted, as my cracking, blood wrought paws finally halted, and i fell.

Luckily enough i landed in a small patch of leaves softening the landing on my aching, burning sides.

after a minute, my vision got blurry as exhaustion took over, i looked down at my ribs showing through my skin, before i looked up and... i saw another wolf hovering a few inches from me.

(Sorry went to bed was so tired)

A female rogue wolf walked in the storm. She relished at the thought of snow. She was a wolf that loved to hunt in blizzards and snow storms her fur was made for it. She sniffed the air and growled as she heard another's foot steps. She stepped quietly as her fur blended in with her surroundings. She saw a wolf fall and went to sniff him. She growled and stepped back she may have only been a year but his scent was that of one close to death. She grabbed his scruff and dragged him out of the snow into a cave. Her tongue went over is his fur to clean him up and warm him up. She licked his paws and wrapped her warm winter fur around him her coat was thicker so she knew how to deal with the weather outside. She just waited hoping her heat would warm him.

Vox slowly allowed his eyes to flutter, raising his head, and releasing a silent yawn. He warily adjusted to his surroundings, moving his head to one side, he came into contact with a mountain of fur. His eyes widened, he was shocked, startled more like it, but he was not only too tired to move a muscle, but the intoxicating warmth it provided him, was to much to break. Not paying attention, he found himself rubbing his head against the fur, as a realization hit, he was devoured in the fur, it surrounded him in a plush veil. He questioned what to do, run? well that was out, he was too weak. Stay silent he knew he needed to find out who or what this was. "H-hello?... Wh...who's there?" he questioned cautiously, stuttering as he was still in a daze from a tremendous exhaustion.

Frost looked down as the lump of wolf under her moved and called out. She moved a bit away from him."someone who isn't mouse brained enough to stay out on a blizzard with fur like yours." She said. "Can you keep yourself warm now or do you need my body heat?" She asked him. Her voice was a slight growl.

Vox felt his ears droop as she growled at him. He could assume, just by the way she smelled, and from her size, that they were remotely the same age, but he still felt as if he was a young cub, being scorned for misbehaving.

He answered her question, by returning to her side, trying to squeeze into a small ball during so, as he was afraid the other may get madder, yet, at his actions.

"i'm still... c-cold" he stammered again, more from fear than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
She curled around him again and licked his fur. She trued to get him to warm up more. Her body just wrapped around him. She slept that way for a while. When she woke again, she stood and shook her fur. She left and went hunting. She came back dragging a deer and set it by him."here you need to eat will share." She said

Last edited by a moderator:
He awoke to her words. letting his nostrils flair, as a metallic scent filled them, "Food?" he groggily asked, stepping up, and gliding to where the deer was, as if being controlled by a puppeteer. He looked at the other, smiling, before he knelt down, sniffing at the deer.

Frost smirked and dug in. Her muzzle ripped at the flesh. She ate her fill and sat down licking her paws. She sniffed the air and looked at him."why were you out in a storm are you crazy." She asked him. She was curious and concerned. The hole was now basically snowed in it made it warm and comfortable in the hole she had dug.

Vox watched contently, allowing the one who had gotten the kill to begin first, as she began to tear at the flesh of the animal, he joined her.

Grasping hold of one of the upper thighs, he sunk his teeth into the meat, as he punctured it, some crimson dribbled out of his maw, and down his face, staining the sterling white powder below his feat. He ripped at the animal, removing a large piece of red meat, eating it with a Satisfying look of thanks to the other. He repeated these actions several times, until his belly was full, and satisfied.

He stood and listened carefully at the other, laughing a little as she poked fun at him.

"Well, it was a navigational error, that storm that has covered the hole (points maw towards now sealed entrance*) split me up from my pack".

A sadness flustered his eyes, "it was several days ago, however, (looks up at other*) and i am no longer certain i will be able to find them again".

He stood, and walked to the other, placing, hiss still blood soaked maw, on her chest, rubbing her affectionately.

"Thank you for this kind hospitality you have provided for me", he said, looking around the room, "without it, i could garment you, i would not be alive at this moment". He stepped back, looking her over respectfully, "i believe i am in your debt forever, as i only get one life, so believe we can call it even, by me being yours".

Frost had eaten her fill she didn't eat as much as him. She stretched her body and yawned showing her sharp teeth. She nosed the snow that had gotten into the hole and moved it to the entrance she would claw her way out when need be.

She watched him give her a Thanks look. She was good humored after eating and listened to him."I can help you find them I can track well in the snow." She said and licked her paws. When he placed his muzzle into her chest and rubbed her affectionately she rolled to her side and put a gentle paw on him.

"Of course couldn't let another wolf starve even a pack wolf. Rogue wolf rules are different." She said. She shrugged."Like I said different rules to live by." She moved back to her laying position."No debt necessary. " she said."being mine?" She asked

You remind me of the babe. -Labyrinth David Bowie

"as in me being in your debt so greatly, i serve you" he smiled at her, sitting on his rump as he continued, "you saved me, and the only way i'd be able to feel as if i have thanked you enough, is by serving you for a period of time, however long that may be, it is your decision." he panned over the room with his gaze, "do you understand?" he asked.

"I guess but I am fine on my own. Thank you very much I don't need you to serve me. The way you can thank me is by letting me take you back to your pack, rogue life isn't for a pack pup." She said. She tucked her feet under her."I will take you if the storm lets up tomorrow." She said to him and yawned her ears relaxed as she nestled her nose into her paws to signal end of discussion.

Vox let his ears droop, go back? he thought to himself... he really didn't want to go back, as life before hand in his old pack, was very troubling for him. He looked at frost, not knowing if he truly wanted to leave this environment, she was more of a mother to him than his biological mom was.

She saw his ears droop and stood. She walked over and licked his head. She made it soft and rhythmic. She curled gently around him and nudged him into her fur. She layed her head on his neck and licked him gently. She sighed and nudged him."I will take you back to your pack, if you seem out of place you can stay here with me. I never fit into a pack either. Your however going to have to learn to hunt and keep the cold from chilling you to the bone." She said. She couldn't keep giving him her body warmth though the Hole she dug was now warm and she enjoyed it. Her ears flicked at the storm outside and she settled in.

Vox let her warmth devour him, as he slowly grew drowsy.

He listened to her words.

"I don't want to search for my pack". he said gently, "I never want to go back". he stated, matter 'o factually correcting himself.

a lump hardened in his throat, as he thought back to his past, before he slowly started to feel his eyes sting, as tears filled them, and his vision grew hazy.

"I don't even know your name" he stated calmly, as a tear caressed his cheek, and licked of his face, landing onto Frost's fur.

"A-and you don-nt even know mine" he sobbed, a smile on his face, however, as he was happy frost was caring for him.

"T-thank you-hoo, sow much", he said, looking at frost with tear struck, puppy dog eyes.

"I'm Vox by the way", he was slowly gaining control of his emotion's as he said this, keeping his voice calm, and not letting sob's break through.

Frost kept her body around him and licked him gently. She sighed and nudges him,

"Okay, if you give me a good reason you can stay" she said and licked him gently. She was trying to comfort him. She felt his tear and licked his head gently. She licked between his eyes and his ears. She was listening to him and smiled gently at his soft sobs. She just licked him gently. She let out a warm growl at him and nudges him gently

"I am Frost." She said and nudged him gently and licked his fur.

"Relax." She said as she lay her head on him and yawned. She nuzzled in and started to fall asleep a paw over him. She was use to this life he wasn't.

He sat, ruffling a portion of her fur with his maw. He had too many reasons as to why he should stay, however, the one thing that broke over all of them, was this...

]"Frost, the reason i give you, as to why you Must let me stay, is that, in the hour iv'e known you, you have made me feel loved, more than i have felt loved my entire life".

She nods yawning and sighed."Okay Vox, go to sleep you can stay." She mumbled into his fur and breathed. She huffed and fell asleep wrapped around him. Her head nuzzled into him. She hid her face and breathed. She stayed wrapped around him and slept it was nice yo have a warm body next to hers for once instead of being alone. She enjoyed his company.

Vox was surrounded by delight, as he felt her fur cushion his head, as he let it slowly sink into her.

"Good, i'm glad", he said calmly, happy to know he would be able to stay with frost.

He was finally able to drift to sleep, by some means, as the comfort frost provided him, intoxicated his though'ts, and eased his mind.

Frost woke and yawned, it was morning and the storm was gone. She had been wrapped around Vox for warmth. She let out a yawn and clawed her way out of the snow covered den. She pushed her head out and popped out into the world of snow. She looked around her the storm was gone but the wind wasn't. She sat down and scratched behind her ear. She sneezed and fluffed up her fur.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
   <head>
       <title></title>
   </head>
   <body>
<h1>Morning</h1>
<p>Vox awoke, due to his loss of warmth. He blinked steadily, looking around, not seeing frost, he began to panic. "frost?" he called out, dearly missing her warmth. "Frost? Frost, where are you?" he was panicking, as in his early morning daze, he didn't analyse his suroundings, so he didnt know frost was standing outside the den. </p>
<a href="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/pack-mentality.132436/page-3">(RP FORUMS)

</body>
</html>

(Fail >.<)

Vox awoke, due to his loss of warmth. He blinked steadily, looking around, not seeing frost, he began to panic. "frost?" he called out, dearly missing her warmth. "Frost? Frost, where are you?" he was panicking, as in his early morning daze, he didn't analyse his suroundings, so he didnt know frost was standing outside the den.

It happens

Frost heard him and got up she poked her head in the hole."Hey stop being so loud I am outside the den." She said to him and went to sit back in the snow her ears twitched as she listened for any movement or prey.

You remind me of the babe. -Labyrinth David Bowie

Vox, relieved to hear the call's of frost, calmed himself, and began doing the usual routine of yawning, and stretching.

As soon as he finished, he noticed how his body shivered slightly, the opening in the den was letting a frigid morning air chill him.

The small particles of water that adorned his fur, from were he slept in the snow, began to freeze, leaving a thin layer of frost on his fur, that crackled as he walked.

He let his body stiffen, as he started heading out of the den, the sun, not only bright above, causing his eyes to flush, but the unimaginably cold morning air, stung his face and nostrils, as it wrapped around him.

"j-jeez, why d-does it gotta b-be so c-cold?". he asked frost, his teeth chattering slightly as he did, he gave her a mournful look.

Frost looked at him and shook her head, "it isn't you just don't have the fur for it." She said. She stood and shook her fur. She nudged him and started to run through the snow.

She was doing this to warm him up. She leaped and bounded into piles of snow. She loved the winter months. It was to warm for her in summer or spring. Her coat was meant for the cold. She jumped into a pile of snow and popped her head up as she shook the snow off her body. She stopped at the forest edge and sniffed around. Her ears flicked and she got low. She turned and bounded toward Vox, not far behind her. She jumped at him and pinned him under her."stay still and be quite" she growled and slightly buried them in snow. She watched as hunters passed dragging a mountain cat behind them. She made sure her fur blended into the snow. She felt his body below her shaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back