• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Oxford Mental Asylum

Gia's eyes slowly fluttered open, struggling because her lids heavy with sleep, as well as something much stronger, and less natural than sleep. She stared at the dark ceiling and let her eyes adjust to the dim light. Her brain was foggy, and she for some reason couldn't quite seem to remember where she was. The last thing she remembered was.. Was... What was it? A fragment of memories came back to her: the back of an ambulance, Gia thrashing on the stretcher, desperate to get out of the vehicle, a needle being plunged into her neck, and then sweet oblivion.

Gia moved a stiff arm under her hospital gown to scratch an itch on her chest. Why did it feel so tight, like she was being squeezed? Her hand touched bandages, and her eyes widened as she remembered. She shot up in her bed, disentangling herself from the sheets and falling over in her haste to stand up. She fell to her knees, hard, but quickly got to her feet. She eyed the dark room warily, the walls seeming to close in around her. She couldn't be stuck inside, away from nature, let alone in a hospital. She just couldn't. That wasn't how it worked.

Gia had forgotten she was being transferred from the hospital she was in to a separate one with the sole purpose of mental rehabilitation. That was why she had been sedated in the ambulance. King of the Fae, she hated automobiles, or any kind of mobile transportation. Being encased in tons of metal made it impossible for the faeries to find her. If she had any chance of them coming for her, she always had to be somewhere they could find her.

She walked cautiously towards the door, and in her peripheral vision caught a shadowy glimpse of herself in the mirror. Her waist length hair was wavy and wild, like she'd was a wild creature pried out of the depths of the forest - which she was. Her eyes looked dark and panicked. She approached the door and hesitantly turned the knob, surprised to find that it was not locked. She pushed it open a crack and and peered her head out.

ShaVaughn left Jenny's room and went to check on Gia. She ealked down the long hall, her heels clicked louder the closer she got to Gia's room. She saw Gia opening the door a bit. ShaVaughn sighed. "Gia, if you would like to come out, you can. I have one of the therapy dogs downstairs all ready for you." She smiled.

Adonis walked in the room he was told would be his for time he spent here. He rolled his luggage in. About 3 full and plump large rollers.

He looked around in disgust. "This... is not holy bro... not holy at all."

"BEEP BEEP BEEP!" His watch went off.

"Push ups!" He then did a handstand and began doing scorpion push ups

Madison goes into her room with her hoody on, her hood up. She pulled her luggage behind her as she entered the room. Once she got there, she started to unpack slowly, keeping her hoody buttoned up. Once she finally got her clothes put away she sighed and sat on the bed, holding her most prized possession: her ballet shoes. It wasn't her choice to quit, it wasn't her choice to be here, but her parents gave her no choice. Once her secret was out, her whole life had crumbled to pieces. Though the stress of having to be perfect was gone, and all the days of long hours in the studio were gone, she felt some relief. She set her ballet shoes next to her bed and walked out to the hallway, hiding her hands in her hoody.

Gia heard her name being called out by an unfamiliar female voice and snapped her head around to find a strange woman walking down the hall towards her. The clacking of the woman's heels on the hard linoleum floor was unnerving, not to mention unnatural. You didn't hear such harsh sounds in nature, and rightfully so. A faerie would have ripped her heels right off and thrown them out the window, but as Gia was painfully reminded, she was no member of the fae.

She curled her hands into fists, and it was all she could do to dig her fingernails into her palms to contain her sunken outrage. She'd done everything right, hadn't she? And yet the faeries had abandoned her. She couldn't hear them in here, surrounded by the creation of man. Nor could she catch glimpses of them among the trees, beckoning her to follow them. Now though, all was silent save for the clacking and the voice of the strange woman. How did she know Gia liked dogs? Only her parents knew of her affinity with animals of all kinds.

Gia slid out of the doorway, stepping in her bare feet from the carpet of the bedroom to the cold floors in the hallway. She pulled at the hospital gown, making sure her back was not exposed for all to see. The smell of hospitals, that distinguishable sterile scent of chemicals and antiseptic, made her nose burn. She missed the smell of summer leaves and thunderstorms. She approached the woman, but kept a few feet of safe distance between them. She didn't like the physical presence of others.

"I want to see the dogs," she said hoarsely, her throat raw. Gia must have been screaming like a banshee before they sedated her for her throat to hurt like this.

Jenny smiled as ShaVaughn left the room to care for another patient, and then flopped back on her bed, closing her eyes. "The zoo, huh?" she thought to herself, "that means being outside." She had always been cautious of being outside, she felt exposed and vulnerable, perfect opportunity for another episode of violence. She didn't want that to happen again, se hated the thought of unconsciously hurting people. Or did she? Secretly, there was some small part of her that still took pleasure when someone else was hurt, no matter how hard she tried to suppress it. That boy James, though, the one who felt no pain, he was interesting to be around. Not feeling pain, Jenny didn't know if he enjoyed it or if he wished he could feel it. She stopped herself from mentally stabbing him with all kinds of sharp objects, "no, I don't want to hurt him," she said to herself over and over, her head in her hands and shaking it 'no' several times.

It must have nearly been social hour, she thought, and so she left her room to go to the Interaction Area, filled with all kinds of board games and puzzles and books. She never went in the courtyard to stroll around, as she didn't want to be outside, but the IA was just cozy enough that she could sit and enjoy a good game of chess or backgammon. As she walked down the hall, however, she saw one of the doors wide open to a room that was usually empty. She peeked her head in and saw an enormously muscled man, standing on his hands and doing push-ups. "That's pretty impressive, ya know," she said, genuinely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amber clutched her journal as she made her way to the group room, where the big therapy dogs were. She sighed petting one on the head and then continuing on to sit on a chair. She pulled her knees to her chest.

Madison walks down following the signs to the group area and sits into a chair next to a girl with her knees to her chest. "Hey, I'm maddison but I like to be called maddie. What's your name?"

Amber didn't look up from beneath her curtain of hair. She gathered a sigh and then uttered a word that couldn't quite be registered. She kept her eyes focused on the ground hoping that her name was heard.

"Ok" Madison said, looking around the room. She wondered how easy it would be to walk out of the building today. How could she get out without having to run away without her prized possession. She thought for a moment then asked "so how do you get out of this place? like what's the steps to be released cuz, I have ballet training and there is just nothing wrong with me. My parents are jealous of my skills." Yea, that will convince them. She knew she had her mental issues. The voices telling her the world is out to get her, how she took the frustration out on herself. But she knew that this time around, she couldn't slip up like last time. She knew she had to play it cool to get out. She didn't want anyone to think she was a freak with a mind that had its own mind. What ballerina would be hired in those conditions? "im tottaly normal" she said, after a little while sitting back, pulling a knee up to her chest, stretching it out.

"Uhh.." Amber started choking on her spit at that point. She coughed very violently for about a half minute. When she stopped she took a deep breath.

Then, a loud noise hit the floor and echoed through out the whole building. ShaVaughn had hit her heel to the ground to get everyone's attention. She snapped her head towards Madison and Amber. "I don't think that is a good topic to discuss. Plus, I know why you are here, and some of those reasons YOU don't even know." ShaVaughn lead Gia over to the therapy dogs and smiled. 
(Oh, and guys, I was put WAY back. Lets slow down a bit if Im not online, okay?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Madison jolted, shooting her head towards the lady and sighed. Getting out was going to be more difficult then she had pictured. She smiled and gotten rigid in her chair. What did the lady mean when she said she knew her better then herself. Thoughts ran through her mind "its a trap its a trap! Maddie run!" She shook her head ignoring them. If she was going to be out in the next few days, that kind of thing is not going to help. She crossed her arms feeling more vulnerable and awaited instructions.

Jenny continued past the room with the buff bod, he was obviously preoccupied with working out and she didn't want to impose. So, she made her way down into the Interaction Area, only to find several girls there already. A few she knew, ShaVaughn being one of them, but there were also a couple new faces. "Morning again, ShaVaughn, anything I can help you out with around here?" As one of the older girls in the teen age group, Jenny usually did what she could to help ShaVaughn corral the younger ones and make sure nothing went terribly wrong. She wasn't a nurse or anything, of course, but she had one of the more stable and preventable personality disorders, meaning she was less likely to crack under stress. "It's not quite time for Social Hour, I don't think, is something the matter here, ShaVaughn?"

ShaVaughn shook her head. "Just please help me with the therapy dogs. Maybe take them around to everyone." She smiled and grabbed the leash of a Border Collie. She took the Border Collie over to Amber and handed the leash to her.

A 5'11 man appears from the shadows like a spectre and approaches ShaVaughn asks her" excuse my fair lady I'm here for the open nursing job my name is Nero Hawke I've came her from Dublin as knowing I am here now what is my first assignment " there is an obvious Irish accent in his voice

Amber gingerly took the leash and et the dog gently. Amber was way more comfortable with animals then humans and seemed to have a good connection with this one. As she stroked the dogs head as she watched her surroundings withawe.

Nero notices the young 15 year old and decides to try to make contact " Hello little lass I'm Nero I'm the new nurse here and you are?" He flashes a warm smile

Jenny saw the new nurse come in and almost immediately begin caring for the patients. 'That's something these kids need,' she thought, 'not just meds and treatment, they need some love and attention, too.' She looked over at ShaVaughn, she didn't seem the type to be comfortable getting personal with her patients. Oh, sure, she talked to them kindly, cared for their needs, and directed activities for them, but that was a far cry from personal attention to each and every one of them. Jenny knew it took more than just one person to make situations like this work, and she was there to help out any way she could, even if she was only a patient herself.

Nero realized his attempt of conversation is futile and decides to dismiss him self and wonder elsewhere "soon they shall open up I am still just a mere stranger here " he thought as does an old knack of his and face the sun and cover it in sight with his hand Nero felt he hand to be a figure of hope for the patients

The woman, whom she heard someone call ShaVaughn, left to fetch a dog for another patient, and Gia stayed firmly rooted to the spot she was in. Unless she too was going to get a dog, she wanted nothing to do with any of the other patients or staff. The room they were in wasn't particularly hospital looking, but Gia still knew that was where she was, regardless of the decor. More people had entered the room, and their presence was making her intensely uncomfortable.

She was acutely aware of the fact that she was still in a hospital gown. Pane hadn't seen a duffel bag in her room, so she assumed no one had sent her clothes or they had yet to arrive. Either way, it made her stand out, for everyone else was in normal clothing. Not to mention that anyone who happened to see through a space in the ties of the gown would see the bandages wrapped around her, the thought of which made her want to cry.

Gia didn't know if she should talk to ShaVaughn about it, but that would involve, you know, talking to someone, as well as getting within personal distance of the people in the room. That was not an option. And so she stood there, looking at no one, considering just running back into her room and diving under the covers.

ShaVaughn grabbed the leash of a Corgi and walked over to Gia. She smiled and handed the leash to her. "This Corgi is named Sasha." She said with a grin.

Jenny saw how frightened and timid Gia looked, then watched as ShaVaughn led Sasha to her on a lead. She thought she would attempt to interact, maybe turn that frown into a smile if she was lucky. She stepped towards Gia, kneeling down and petting Sasha's head. "Go ahead, she's so soft." Jenny moved over to the side a little, leaving an open spot to stand next to Sasha for Gia to take a step forward into. "She's so gentle too, Sasha was one of my favorite dogs when I first got here." She smiled at Gia, trying to look as friendly and inviting as possible.

Melissa watched as people began the session. She was going to be the only one without a dog again, wasn't she? She sighed. What appeared to her a amallisj boy with red eyes stayed just in the corner of her eye. "Go away Joey," she muttered a bit loudly. Was he one of the hallucinations the doctors told her about? Probably. Who has red eyes? Joey does, she thought. If he's real. At least he's company.

ShaVaugh grabbed the leash of a Cocker Spaniel and walked over toMelissa. "Here you go, this dog's name is Sammy." She said with a smile as she handed the leash to Melissa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back