• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Overwatch Omnic Crisis rp idea

Otakuyaki

I'm the salt master
It is the year 2077. Names like Soldier: 76, the Reaper, and the Shrike have made themselves known in their wake. Winston, Tracer, and the bunch of misfits they have cobbled together from the remnants of Overwatch are evading persecution from the united nations' PETRAS act whilst helping the world, whether the world likes it or not, and everyone else in the game is basically screwing around.

Except Sombra.

In the past year, thanks to Talon's resources and the help of Reaper and Widowmaker, she has successfully infiltrated not only, Volskaya Industries, but also the Vishkar corporation, not to mention her newfound control over numerous constitutions and authorities, exposing their corruptions and shortcomings. Pro-Sombra graffiti is not uncommon, and her name is similar to Lucio's in fame, despite the personality she keeps anonymous from the public. The public appreciated her for all the leaks she had posted, all the secrets she had revealed. And that's why it came to everyone as a shock when Sombra suddenly went silent.

All of a sudden, the mechs piloted by Korea's pro gamers and Russia's military have assumed control of themselves. The generals of the numerous crusader legions of Germany are being assassinated, and former Overwatch agents are disappearing from the public every day.

Winston and Tracer have a hunch: Talon must be up to something. However, they have no leads on the mysterious organisation except for one thing: the pattern of the disappearing Overwatch agents. As both Winston and Soldier: 76 realise that Reaper must be the direct cause of their disappearances, they have both worked to uncover Reaper's patterns, and are headed to the next venue they suspect he will strike.

And the next venue is you.

You are part of a group similar to Winston and Tracer's: a congregate of outcasts, adventurers, scientists, and killers who've convened to work against evils still unseen. But there's a catch in all of this. The former Overwatch agents that were a part of your group have either died or separated, Reaper's targets are no longer with you, and you have no idea that the Reaper is coming for you.

Threats are popping up all over the world as robots have suddenly reverted to their behaviours during the Omnic Crisis, malfunctioning, violent, and programmed to kill. Omnics that were peaceful yesterday have risen up, striking at humanity like a hivemind. Evil is coming, the death tolls are rising... but what about you?

This RP does not necessarily require prior intricate knowledge about the Overwatch universe, but at least some semblance of its characters. This RP will try to involve as many of the characters the Overwatch universe has as possible, especially since it is a global crisis. Perhaps at the very least, watch the Recall animated short. <3

This RP is not heavily set about dps or hps, since we work with posts, not with real time, gameplay measured in seconds. I do want them so as to understand just the magnitude of what your character can do though.

This RP has a mystery and thriller-esque plot.

If you're not familiar with Overwatch but still want to participate, you can! I am willing to help you integrate your character with the lore.

If you have any ideas or concepts you want to see in this rp, or you want to help gm or develop the plot, ask! I am only one person, another perspective is always welcome.

Noivian Noivian RiversEdge RiversEdge LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Interest! If you need any help, let me know :D

So do we still have powers like the members of Overwatch, or are we just squishy mortals?

So do we still have powers like the members of Overwatch, or are we just squishy mortals?

You will have powers yes, but I want to clarify that I will not accept any magic based powers. They have to be scientifically grounded. Yes it is sci-fi, but I have a personal pet peeve against sci-fi powers supposedly grounded in science that are controversially poised against what we know and extrapolate.

super duper interested
Coolios.

I will begin making the rules and character sheet thread by tonight, although things won't kick into high gear until tomorrow, as I have an exam tomorrow morning.

is it cool if i make my character a disciple of zenyatta?

Oh I'd love to do an Overwatch RP! So to get this straight, we're doing OCs?
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/overwatch-talons-grip-character-sheets-here.332193/

Yep. The main character you're using will begin with the others in the New York City area. I'm just using real world names cause names of other places in the ow universe aren't divulged, but in general, this rp will be about going about as a group and fighting as a cohesive unit to overcome bigger threats, yes.

If you have any further questions, bring em to me. :)

What's this?! An Overwatch roleplay featuring both OCs and canon characters, with an actual plotline and no lazy one-liner introduction? I'm in love!

What's this?! An Overwatch roleplay featuring both OCs and canon characters, with an actual plotline and no lazy one-liner introduction? I'm in love!
Glad you like it. If you have any questions about this rp, feel free to ask. c:

I am a terrible person, cause I have yet to get ready for my own rp...

I hope I can finish what I need to tonight.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You can apply at the link above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back