• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Over My Dead Body [Apocalypse]

~*Nina*~

Nina blinked a few times, staring at the he male for a moment, he certainly looked less scary without that mask on, perhaps that was a the point, no one would mess with someone if they looked like that she supposed, realising she hadn't actually answered the question he asked she then quickly nodded "Ah, Yeah I'm alright..." She said before letting a gentle sigh as she looked back at the direction they had came from, she guessed that running off like that made sense now that he explained it out to her "Thanks...I uh, I didn't even see them, guess I'm not the best at this undead survival thing..." She said with a quiet laugh as she looked back to him.

@IIIREXIIIARCHERIIIII

Jae nodded at that. The girl had seemed distracted and that was bad when it happened during a zombie apocalypse. He threw whatever she had dropped earlier toward her. "You were lucky I was there or you would had been one of them." He said to her with a calm look and calm tone. "It would had been troublesome, I'm Jae." He knew introducing himself fast wasn't good, but he had to tell her his name or else she wouldn't trust him. @Nonalaka

Since the girl insisted that she should keep the food, Tiffany put it back in her rucksack. "Yeah, you're right. I'll probably need it later." Tiffany replied before they reached the armory. Going out of her way to help others was just an old habit that she had when she was a Cop.

Most of the Armory had been looted. However, she was able to find more ammunition for her gun. "Did you find anything?" She asked as she held her back. Tiffany took a deep breath as she sat down in one of the chairs.

@KaiaWolf

~*Nina*~

Nina caught what he had thrown, which was her lighter, or well it was her dad's, she didn't smoke, she remembered always nagging at her father about his smoking habits, telling him 'Those cigarettes will kill you' and what not, but they didn't in the end... His demise began with a fatal zombie bite to the shoulder and ended with him pointing his own gun to his head, staring at the lighter, she bit her lip as all the images of that night flashed through her head, she gripped the lighter tightly before shoving it in her pocket so she wouldn't have to look at it for now. Her gaze moved back up to the male in front of her who had now identified himself as Jae. "Thanks again Jae... I'm Nina....I'm also the person who was uh, hiding in the bushes at that motel..." she said smiling sheepishly.

@IIIREXIIIARCHERIIIII

Jae laughed at that. For a minute he though it was something else. "I though it was one of those thing, that's why I had my knife out." He told her as he closed his eyes before opening them again. "We can't really head out to the streets because they can be there and we can't really stay here in the woods because we could get surrounded." He facepalmed himself. He really hated choosing to come to the woods but it was done and now they were here. @Nonalaka

~*Nina*~

"Ah, right" she said laughing along for a bit, looking around as he spoke of getting surrounded and whatnot, a frown crossed her face "S-Sorry..." she mumbled quietly, after all it was now her fault they were in the woods in a way since if she wasn't blindly about to run into a horde he wouldn't have had to take off with her in this direction "...So nowhere is safe then..." she said looking to him as she twiddled her thumbs "What do we do now?" She asked, we? She didn't really know if he'd want someone as easily distracted and in experienced as her trailing behind him since he seemed like he knew what he was doing but she chanced her arm by saying we anyways, she at least wanted to follow someone better at this until she actually learned how to deal with zombies a bit better, she had her knife and her hand gun, but she had little ammo left and was to terrified of those 'Things' to go close enough to stab one...

@IIIREXIIIARCHERIIIII

Dust, lint, a small bullet-hole in the wall... Yep, that about summed the armoury up. Checking through boxes and in corners Juniper looked for anything that could be useful besides dirt, but found much the same as Tiffany. Just as she was checking the final corner, a metallic glint caught her eye.

"One bullet." She muttered in response, audibly disappointed. Not like she would know what to do with a gun had she managed to find one. Besides, Jun's ukulele would be a fine enough weapon if it came to that. Which it would, but she ignored that thought rather pointedly.

"Well, one is better than none I guess." The girl sighed, leaning against a wall and watching the other woman. "... Where do we look for a doctor? There was a few people heading for the hotel when I left, but..." Juniper trailed off, shaking her head.

@Shimakage Thunder

Wayne was stultified, his impeding frustration of repression, having been apprehend by himself in his own box Chevy. His countenance now relieved of physiognomy of gore from the corpse's face he wore. It was plastered too him, though strands loosely hung from the twine that maintained its emplacement. Wayne was shuffling to assist himself with comfort before he heard a crumple, a cracking in his pocket. He relived from its compartment and withdrew a brown envelope.

WAYNE DALE JOHNSON,

United States of America,

North Dakota,

113, Johnson Farmstead

Jamestown,

HU4 9ND

Outbound from Nicaragua,

July 21st, 2016

Wayne observed the creased and irregular layers for a moment, acknowledging each bulge and protuberance aligned across the enclosure. He occupied his car keys as a shiv to loosen the seal, disengaging the flap and shredding the brown sleeve. Yet with such precise and gentle care did he retrieve the content of the containment. Wayne took up the main embodiment with supervised guidance as his designate the now opened letter in both hands. It read,

Wayne,

I understand you may not appreciate these words, though how I've longed your care and responsibility during these past weeks, and I understand you are not yourself - not who you once were. I know that's why we split though this matters not anymore Wayne! You know the emotion still stands, our passion, despite leaving you and being unfaithful. Though these days of judgement had me reflect on who you truly are as a person, deep inside Wayne you cannot dismiss yourself as a loving, caring and responsible man - as well as a responsible father figure...

Wayne,

You have a daughter, her name is Marcela...

Please, find us.

- Mercia

His body was overwhelmed with a wave of emptiness. He held the letter against his heart, allowing it to become bloodstained.

"Mercia..." his voice was a low murmur.

Wayne found himself a room among the bustling commotion - that was intact from the detonation earlier, and made sure was secluded as he rather allowed himself solitude. He was sequestered yonder a fastened door, the chain latched across and the lock deadbolt. Wayne turned, his luggage and impedimenta released from their strain over his back and shoulders as they thud against the carpet. It was a muffled rumble from below. Above, it was a clatter of tin cans and other commodities as they lay strewn across the floor. Wayne inhaled through his nose profoundly then leisurely slant against the door, exhaling a crude respire of despair and anguish. He closed his eyes in distress, his misery claimed him. Wayne wandered across the room and perched himself on the bed before slumping back, accommodating himself upon the consoling blankets of solace. He lay vacantly staring at the barren ceiling. His mind began to form patterns. He shut his eyes tightly, he scowled unknowingly.

"Mercia..."

While Tiffany looked around, she didn't find much either. "Its okay, this place looks pretty cleaned out, but it was better to check now rather then skip and end up missing something good, then regretting it later or something." She replied in Jun's response to finding a single bullet. Only question is was it the right calibur for her gun? Hopefully, otherwise they'd have to save it for later, which wasn't a bad thing.

In terms of looking for a doctor, that was what Tiffany was more concerned about. "Well, I don't know where we're gonna find one, but definitely not the hospital. That place is riddled with those monsters." She answered, but when Jun mentioned the Hotel, Tiffany just grabbed what she found, which was box of 15 bullets and stuffing it into her rucksack. Picking up her Fire Axe, she met up with Jun. "The hotel down the street? Let's head there next. I would love a comfortable bed to sleep in and I'm sure you do too. I just hope there aren't too many of those "things" there." she said as she exited the armory and then the station. "Well, off to the hotel."

@KaiaWolf

JOSHUA PHILIPS

Josh immediately leapt towards the car at the mention of a car that still works, and has a somewhat stuck zombie still inside it. He jumped over to the car before harshly dragging the living corpse out of the window, before desperately stomping at its head, which was afflicted with severe rigor mortis, thus easily caving its head in. He then ran his hands over all his pockets, before finally finding a solid metal key, which was presumably the ignition key.

"Bingo-bango, that's one fortunate cliche!" He said as he pilfered the key before opening the stupidly unlocked door. Before entering the car to check if the ignition was still working, and of course, it still worked like a well-oiled clock. He turned the ignition key, which produced the distinct noise of an engine starting up.

"Let's roll, Jackman!" He said as he checked the compartment area for any Music CD or something, and finally found one that adhered to his taste. He inserted the disc into the media player as loud music boomed out of the player.

[media]

[/media]
@JokerValentine

Last edited by a moderator:
Jae stayed quiet once she asked that. What could they really do? That was something that he wasn't sure on. They could keep on walking through the woods or head back to the streets, but what chance was their for them on getting caught by a zombie. "We could hot wired a car that has enough fuel so that we can escape but one of us has to stay on watch out." He told her. He knew that was a pathetic plan and that they could get captured but that was the best plan that he could come up with. They needed to find a hideout that could keep them safe for a week or two and have enough supplies that didn't expire. @Nonalaka

@Elephantom

It was now truly time to move. The dead were beginning to enclose the road, making it not feasible to drive through them. This car was a piece of shit anyways. Getting into the passenger seat, Jack buckled in. "Don't hit too many. You'll break this clunker," he said to his new friend, who hopefully was a better driver than he was at aiming.

(Nothing to say, really. Very tired.)

"I guess so..."

Stashing the bullet in her pocket, Juniper hefted her backpack into a more comfortable position and headed out with Tiffany. "The hospitals were one of the first places to go down, actually." She spoke up again once they were outside and walking. "Since they tried to help the infected before they realized they couldn't. The virus spread like wildfire from there..."

Getting her knife back out, Jun wiped off any remaining -though she hated to think about it- blood and kept it in hand. There weren't many corpses on the streets besides stragglers, but it was better to be safe than chomped.

"But... The hotel might be okay. And if people really are there, hopefully at least one of them can help you."

@Shimakage Thunder

~*Nina*~

Nina looked to him as he explained what they could do before slowly nodding, she had never hot wired a car before...so he'd have to take care of that probably "I-I could stand watch I suppose" she offered as she fiddled with her pen knife in her hand "Since I know next to nothing about cars" she said quietly "...Sorry, I'm not the best person to be stuck with...I'll try to be as useful as I can though" she said, attempting a smile.

@IIIREXIIIARCHERIIIII

(Sry for late response, notifications deeper the fuck out)

Jackson was surprised as he felt himself get dragged out of the midst of the fight for survival. He almost dropped both his duffel bag and sword, but somehow kept an alright grip on both of them. He felt the earth hit him but not too hard as Ryan dropped him. Jackson muttered a thanks and fell onto his back, his eyes shutting just for the time being although he was still plenty awake despite the utter exhaustion. "So Ryan... You got any friends or family out there? Closest I've got is a man who pretty much saved me and his daughter... and I don't even know where they are now. I don't even know where we are now..." Jackson sighed deeply but quietly as he thought of his little sister. He wondered if she was a ghost now but then he realized anything left of her would've turned into a monster. He opened his eyes, but they didn't shine as vibrantly as they usually did. He didn't want to move or do anything but lay there and lazing around. Jackson forced himself to sit up and sheathe his sword, knowing staying in one place without proper protection would mean probable death. He looked up at the boy who seemed the same age curiously awaiting his answer to the question.

@Neuton

Ryan was breathing heavily as he looked around. "I don't know if their alive or not." He kept searching around. Only three days and humanity had already gone to their primitive instincts. He kept looking around as his stomach growled at him. "We need to get to shelter, maybe we can make a fort on a roof or something." Ryan was actually speaking to himself, but spoke out load.

Jackson got all the way onto his feet. He was kind of glad for Ryan for him being able to at least hope to see hius family in the future. Hard to have that hope after seeing your parents feast on your sister. He shook those thoghts away and agreed with Ryan. "Yeah. Maybe the roof of some apartment building. Then we could slowly secure each floor until we have an entire building to use as a safe haven. Maybe even find more survivors and create a community....." Jackson trailed off with possibly impossible ideas sprinkled with a tad but of reality as he had always done throughout his life.

@Neuton

Ryan shaked his head but then stopped. "maybe, but we need to get to a building before we make a community." Ryan begins to walk down the road walking at a fast pace. He held his metal bat protectively then his stomach growled and Ryan became embarrassed. "Maybe we need to get food now." He turned around and grinned embarrassed.

What time was it anyways? Time was irrelevant for Mr. Dalrymple. The whole world had gone to shit, but he felt especially fine today. Perhaps he was inspired, something kept him going. Ever since this all went down, with the terrible government response ruining things faster, he hadn't seen his family. he made a promise to his daughter, Anna was her name, that she'd see her again. That's a promise a father always makes to his child. He could feel in his heart she was safe, wherever she was. he just had to find her.

On the overhand of an abandoned paper mill, the taller of the buildings in this place, Blake got out his rifle. It gave him a better vantage of the surrounding land. Using the scope, he looked down into what remained of civilization, of the only remaining reminder of what life was once like. Near the old gas station, he saw a caravan of folk. They seemed to be spread out at the moment, easy target if someone were to steal supplies.

Moving on, he saw a duo making their way down the street. Argyle, was it? Who cares? They seemed to be in search of a hideout, probably somewhere to wait out this hellstorm. They perhaps realized, however, the futility of this all. Maybe they wanted somewhere safe? (@Neuton && @burninglog )

Jackson laughed softly and awkwardly like he often did. He nodded and reached into his duffel bag, pulling out a large bag of cereal, Marshmallow Mateys to be specific. "Don't worry I got plenty of snacks to holdus up until we are ready to go on supply runs. I'm gonna admit it might be stale cus I packed this bag a year ago-ish..." Jackson figured he wouldn't have to explain why he packed so early unless Ryan asked. The awkward teen tossed the bag of delicious yet stale ceral to the only boy his age he'd met so far.

@Neuton

Ryan kept looking around till he saw a figure moving toward him. It looked like a human and didn't seem to be aiming for them HE started to wave his hands at the guy signaling for help. Ryan hoped the guy got the message and didn't shoot his face off. Ryan dropped his hands to catch the cereal. He looked at the cereal and ripped it open. He begins to eat it like he hasn't eaten for days. Which he hasn't.

Jackson gave Ryan a funny look as the cereal bag fell to the ground and Ryan was waving his arms like some majestic seagull flapping his wings or something. But then he saw it to, a figure in the distance who seemed to move with intelligence instead of the stumbling motion the monsters made. Jackson tackled Ryan in a sudden burst of fear. In pop culture it was said you'd better be more cautious of the living than the dead. "Dude, what if that guy is like a bandit or something?!" He whisper-yelled.

@Neuton @JokerValentine

@burninglog @Neuton

(Blake)

They seemed to have spotted him, their eyes filling with a bit of fear. How powerful he felt. All he had to do was pull the trigger, and they would be nothing. If Blake didn't have a soul, he would've done so. How could he signal? It wasn't like he could call them or anything. SO, like any normal human would do, he lifted his hand towards the sky, extending his thumb. A thumbs-up, if a simpleton so wanted to refer to it as such.

"Oh man, look who it is, Jack and.... Jack?" the man said to himself, a bit amused. It was probably best they stay away from one another, or perhaps not. Blake didn't exactly know who they were. They were scared, though, of his gun. Keep that in mind, others will take what others so like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back