• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Out of Character Chat

Clearly it should get the Mime-Mine fruit, then it can't speak and instead has to mime out what it wants to say.

Sounds like a pretty useless fruit - no talking, no swimming.

HandsomeBitterDuck-size_restricted.gif

Are there any advantages to being a mime?

Sounds like a pretty useless fruit - no talking, no swimming.

HandsomeBitterDuck-size_restricted.gif

Are there any advantages to being a mime?
Whatever they mime becomes real to everyone who sees it. They pretend there is a invisible wall, the person can then crash into the wall like its actually there.

Aaalmost didn't notice this was up, but yeah, seeing as no one else has offically taken the Doctor slot I'll just take it for myself! if lady warlock is all fine with it

What we really need is a clever con artist and deceiver to come in to take the most trusted spot. A nice shark who is great at scamming people and playing them as fools with dubious loyalties even if you might not realize that at first. :)
Funnily enough, my character is KINDA gonna be like that. At least, that's what he will be trying to go for at the start.

A dubious and sleazy con artist that's clever and great at scamming people would make a good treasurer...if you could trust him with your money of course.

I0HM.gif

Funnily enough, my character is KINDA gonna be like that. At least, that's what he will be trying to go for at the start.

Just from reading her personality, I doubt Captain Scarlet would be all that hard to trick...so your character might have a good chance of succeeding.

A dubious and sleazy con artist that's clever and great at scamming people would make a good treasurer...if you could trust him with your money of course.

I0HM.gif

Just from reading her personality, I doubt Captain Scarlet would be all that hard to trick...so your character might have a good chance of succeeding.
That's what I'd like to believe. However, I do hope over the course of the adventure his view on being part of the crew shifts and he'll become a proper member, but that's a far off vision. For now, he's gonna be a weasel, haha.

Excuse me that goes under quartermaster typically with suplies and treasure... and also *writes that down as the role for the one character that she has that would be a bit sneaky and might pilfer off the top*

That's what I'd like to believe. However, I do hope over the course of the adventure his view on being part of the crew shifts and he'll become a proper member, but that's a far off vision. For now, he's gonna be a weasel, haha.

The Captain might be easy to trick, but whether the same could be applied to the rest of the crew or not is to be seen. I look forward to seeing what this weasel does ^_^

Excuse me that goes under quartermaster typically with suplies and treasure... and also *writes that down as the role for the one character that she has that would be a bit sneaky and might pilfer off the top*

Lol, I see.

Are you planning on making a quartermaster samurai who's trying to be sneaky, Hana Duck? 😏

The Captain might be easy to trick, but whether the same could be applied to the rest of the crew or not is to be seen. I look forward to seeing what this weasel does ^_^
Don't worry, I plan on making it as funny as possible! Can't wait to show this character sheet off once it's done.

Lol, I see.

Are you planning on making a quartermaster samurai who's trying to be sneaky, Hana Duck? 😏
Naah, Samurai Girl is a good girl who would do nothing wrong... outside giving extremely horrible words of wisdom thinking they sound nice and say something when its a bunch of word salad. Something that if you asked her what it meant it would just confuse herself and she would fumble to try and explain it more simply.

That would be another character... though gah I really need to decide still need to decide between the three characters. graaaaaaaaaaaah! Why do I gotta be so undecisive myself! Lady probably wants to murder me in cold blood already as is. T.T

Naah, Samurai Girl is a good girl who would do nothing wrong... outside giving extremely horrible words of wisdom thinking they sound nice and say something when its a bunch of word salad. Something that if you asked her what it meant it would just confuse herself and she would fumble to try and explain it more simply.

That would be another character... though gah I really need to decide still need to decide between the three characters. graaaaaaaaaaaah! Why do I gotta be so undecisive myself! Lady probably wants to murder me in cold blood already as is. T.T
I feel ya! I was stuck between 3 characters for awhile, luckily something clicked and I ended up combining two of them.

Lady probably wants to murder me in cold blood already as is. T.T

Let's hope she doesn't

I feel ya! I was stuck between 3 characters for awhile, luckily something clicked and I ended up combining two of them.

My choice was between a young thief character I never got the chance to play and an older priestess character I'd been fond of and wanted to see develop. I flipped a coin.

Let's hope she doesn't

My choice was between a young thief character I never got the chance to play and an older priestess character I'd been fond of and wanted to see develop. I flipped a coin.
*Feels the death gaze*

OOOOO that would of been good did the thief turned healer in FF could of done a doctor with that background here and... NO BAD HANA! We won't do that. We are keeping the three I have someone wanted to do Doctor anyways! *nods to self*

Whatever they mime becomes real to everyone who sees it. They pretend there is a invisible wall, the person can then crash into the wall like its actually there.
The thing I always envision with a power like this is 'they pretend to talk and people actually hear it', which invalidates the mime gimmick.

Ah right!

Scribe_6 Scribe_6 do you want to form some pre-RP relationship between Roam and Andar? I have idea with like, since the shipyard Roam worked in isn't specified, it can be in Metra Kingdom or an island in West Blue so Andar occasionally dropped in

West Blue was definitely the intent with the shipyard: I didn't bother to name an isle or anything of the sort because I was still contemplating on that point. Geography and the sort of vibrant mesh of culture, creatures and people involved in an island are a big deal in OP, and I didn't want to pin down the locale with only half an idea.

If you'd like for the pair to have met and known one another from Andar visiting the shipyard I'm good with that, for sure.

West Blue was definitely the intent with the shipyard: I didn't bother to name an isle or anything of the sort because I was still contemplating on that point. Geography and the sort of vibrant mesh of culture, creatures and people involved in an island are a big deal in OP, and I didn't want to pin down the locale with only half an idea.

If you'd like for the pair to have met and known one another from Andar visiting the shipyard I'm good with that, for sure.
Yass! Would you like anything more specific/closer? I'm brimming with ideas since their ages are similar but I'm fine if you want the connection to be loose and just acquaintances.

Yass! Would you like anything more specific/closer? I'm brimming with ideas since their ages are similar but I'm fine if you want the connection to be loose and just acquaintances.
If you have ideas I would be happy to hear them.

I actually haven't been in a text rp for a bit, so having a connection to another character would be a welcome opportunity for me to get my character moving right along.

If you have ideas I would be happy to hear them.

I actually haven't been in a text rp for a bit, so having a connection to another character would be a welcome opportunity for me to get my character moving right along.
!! Alright!!

Idea 1
For this, Lyre's shipyard needs to be located somewhere in Metra Kingdom. Andar purchased his first ship from Lyre and later became a regular for the shipyard. Andar became famous as the Beastbound Captain and turned Metra Kingdom into his territory around his 20s, so around the same age Roam moved to work for Lyre. Andar would definitely stick around while his ship got fixed, and also some courtesies to the shipyard. Definitely paying for a round of drink or two for the shipyard's workers every time and getting acquitted a bit.

Roam would see Andar slowly growing from a one-man crew pirate purchasing a ship on a lease to become a captain feared and respected in the kingdom. On the other hand Andar would see Roam from a non-descript shipwright to Lyre's closest aide and someone reknown for his strength in the town. They can be like, people from the same school but in different classes with no coinciding activities. They aren't close, but they saw each other often, know a lot about the other's reputation and stories. If they are placed in a group of strangers, they are more likely to strike with a conversation with each other since they kinda know each other.

Idea 2
For this, Lyre's shipyard doesn't necessarily need to be in Metra Kingdom. Say he saw Roam getting in a fight (somewhere after Lyre started his training and before he's strong enough) and Andar helped him, just passing by. Later on, Andar got ambushed far in-land, managing to escape but in need of help. Roam found him (also by chance) and took him to a doctor. Their relationship here is more personal, since it's more involved with their wellbeing. Kinda like, people who survived a disaster together before getting rescued. They have something going on! Andar is sentimental and would definitely visit Roam whenever he passed by the island and brings gifts. They can chat a bit, maybe tell a bit of personal stories.... friends!

Idea 3
Combine 1 and 2! Lyre's shipyard is located in Metra Kingdom and Andar is a regular. At some point, Andar helped Roam in a fight and Roam brought Andar to a medical personnel after he was ambushed. Andar would be at the town somewhat often since it's his sorta main base after his farm. Definitely dragging Roam away to play at town when his ship is getting fixed under the weak reasoning of 'entertaining a VIP'. Probably invite Roam to visit his farm or join him at a voyage or two. Close friends!

!! Alright!!
Very nicely considered.
I believe all of these are good options; that being said, I personally feel that either option 1, or option 3 are preferable.

2 is good, but also has that sort of middle-of-the-road feel where we'd actually need to put in extra work because they should realistically have an understanding of one another, but there could be blind spots or exceptions still that we would need to navigate in order to get the right blend of familiar, but still not exactly close.

Meanwhile with option 1 they're vaguely aware of one another, but they don't really know anything beyond reputation, so we can have them getting to know one another and have a very natural build-up in their joining the crew and seeking the sort of familiarity of someone you've seen around within a group of people you would otherwise consider strangers.

And with option 3 we don't have to work to put in those sort of fall-offs in knowledge. If one of us brings something up with the sort of implied or expressed intent that the other would know we can just 'yes, and' it.

My vote would be to snag a coin and just say heads for 1, tails for 3; unless you have a further preference among those two options.

Very nicely considered.
I believe all of these are good options; that being said, I personally feel that either option 1, or option 3 are preferable.

2 is good, but also has that sort of middle-of-the-road feel where we'd actually need to put in extra work because they should realistically have an understanding of one another, but there could be blind spots or exceptions still that we would need to navigate in order to get the right blend of familiar, but still not exactly close.

Meanwhile with option 1 they're vaguely aware of one another, but they don't really know anything beyond reputation, so we can have them getting to know one another and have a very natural build-up in their joining the crew and seeking the sort of familiarity of someone you've seen around within a group of people you would otherwise consider strangers.

And with option 3 we don't have to work to put in those sort of fall-offs in knowledge. If one of us brings something up with the sort of implied or expressed intent that the other would know we can just 'yes, and' it.

My vote would be to snag a coin and just say heads for 1, tails for 3; unless you have a further preference among those two options.
I have no preference and coin-flipped a 1, so knowledgable stranger it is!

First scene at Amyth bar:
Nods in recognition "hey"
"Hey"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back