• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ˚。⋆。˚ ︎☁ ˚。 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚

neon reverie

ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ ᴅɪsᴄɪᴘʟᴇ
Roleplay Type(s)
Our Reveries
partner search
REV
INTRODUCTION
Greetings! 'Tis I, neon reverie [but you can also call me Anni] who has at last decided to put out an interest check to look for new 1x1 partners ! ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა I am a 25 year old girliepop with she/her/they pronouns and living in europe since i was a wee child--- but more about me later! feel free to peruse this thread, see if anything catches your interest. i will be posting the plots in separate posts, so for aesthetic/neat layout purposes please do not comment on this thread and send me a dm instead ദ്ദി(˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧
About me .
【 ᗢ 】i would describe my style as more flowery and ig in some ways... maybe... purple-prosy? thing is, I love writing metaphors! currently also really digging writing in present tense as opposed to past tense, and always in third person. consider myself somewhat advanced/lazy lit in terms of posting lengths; can write posts from 200 - 1000+ words but have found that longer posts definitely take a longer time for me to write. so my sweet spot in writing more frequent posts are those more on the shorter side [300-400 words].

【 ᗢ relaxed, no pressure to post environment is where I thrive, meaning I don't mind waiting at all for any post (❁´◡`❁) I am working full time and the adult life is adulting so my activity tends to fluctuate quite a lot (╥﹏╥). therefore, i'm not the person you should contact to role-play with if you wish a daily or certified weekly post, though I try to do my best for the latter!

【 ᗢ 】I AM GHOST-FRIENDLY !!! now you might think; but neon, aren't you absolutely terrified of ghosts ??? and i'd say: ha ha ha i don't know what you are talking about . . but yes -- this woman is ghost friendly, meaning you are free to ghost me if you wish ! do i prefer to have you tell me if you are no longer interested? of course ! but i understand that people might have anxieties that make it very difficult to do that. aside from that, do absolutely feel free to return to roleplay whenever u want ! chances are, you can knock on my imaginary run door in thirty years and be like: can we continue or start a new rp? and my middle-aged ass would say: oh jolly, of course!

】i enjoy writing women the most, so I am looking for role-plays where I can write a femme role. any pairings are fine; mxf, fxf, fxnb (∗˃̶ ᵕ ˂̶∗). also, this does not mean I won't play any other gender when it comes to the ensemble; I rly love creating diverse set of side characters to write in support of our main pair and definitely encourage you to do the same !!

romance, angst and world-building is where i go wild, feral even. I love falling to my knees, clutching my heart, sobbing on the floor, screaming at the sky because our characters are going THRU it (*꒦ິ꒳꒦ີ). with romance, it's the slow-burn for me. give me gradual catching of feelings, the oh no realisation, the DENIAL-- the flavours will be melting on my tongue!

I prefer fantasy/historical settings over modern slice of life settings because I feel like there are more juicy plot options for those, but will gladly do modern if the plot is delicioso. some of my favourite tropes are: reincarnation, enemies to lovers, friends to enemies to lovers, exes, opposites attract, found family and more!!

got no preference over realistic or drawn fcs--- though them 2d features do have me staring, twirling my hair ◉‿◉

roleplaying can be in threads or in PMS, whatever you feel most comfortable with! for ooc, discord is highly preferable.
About you.
【 ᗢ I am slowly crawling towards my thirties [OH GOD-] so I prefer for my partners to be 20+. but don't be afraid to reach out if you are either 18 or 19. if our writings styles match and you seem a lovely person to rp with, I won't mind you being 1-2 years younger than the preferred age.

【 ᗢ ooc banter is lovely and something i can't do without; let's gush about our characters, send each other memes relating to the story, talk about our interests outside of rping (if you feel comfortable enough ) (ˊᵒ̴̶̷̤ ꇴ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ˋ). similarly, i am a plotter, a schemer if you will, and would love a partner who is someone going: yes, and-- when talking about ideas! i want the effort to go both into plotting and ic, because if i wanted to carry this whole roleplay on my back i would have hired a chiropractor beforehand,,

【 ᗢ you do not need to match my post length, and I truly don't mind receiving short posts ! but please do give me something to work with. proper grammar and spelling is a given, I think (I hope??? (っ ͡ ͡º - ͡ ͡º ς)) english is my second language so i definitely won't expect flawless writing from you, but i would like to use my two remaining braincells for reading and not decoding sentences.

【 ᗢ this is supposed to be a safe space for nearly everyone, meaning that we say yes yes !! to people of any sexual orientation, race, ethnicity or religion, and we say: no thank you !! to any person who is homophobic, xenophobic, fascist or a bigot.

【 ᗢ
I am only looking for about two to three partners rn so I might have to pick and choose [unless no one is interested lmao (•ؔʶ̷ ˡ̲̮ ؔʶ̷) ] who to write with. also please don't take it personally if I decline to role-play with you. I will choose my rp partners just based on if I think our writing styles will mesh well together and if I feel like we'll match well in energies! (。Ó﹏Ò。)

【 ᗢ if you are interested, please do send me a message with a writing sample and some things about yourself [personally or writing wise!]. also feel free to bring your own plots/ideas !! ( ˶ˆᗜˆ)

WRITING SAMPLES
I 】fantasy / manhwa / short post [295 words]
II 】fantasy / own east-asian plotted universe / long post [1000+ words]
III 】 modern / krp / medium-ish post [ 586 words]

Scroll
Code by Nano

Last edited:
Can't buy me love
CLOSED

𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 | 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩| 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲 | 𝐟𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐲

CITRINE is the spoiled rich daughter/son/child of a family of old money and lasting business and has not been in the good graces of the public lately. To boost their image, a fake relationship is orchestrated. If CITRINE does not comply, they can kiss their inheritance goodbye. Enter ONYX, a person who comes from a low-income family, is the first in the family to graduate from university and works at CITRINE'S family's company. ONYX had caught the eye of the CEO due to their hard-working mien and general good character. ONYX despises the elite side and everything it represents, but when the CEO offers them a deal they can’t refuse, they suddenly find themselves in a fake relationship with no one other than CITRINE. From their very first encounter, sparks fly for all the wrong reasons; prejudice taunts, personalities clash, and dislike burns. Can they maintain the facade until the contract expires, or will their mutual antipathy unravel everything?

— got no preference of role !!
— there is no strict rules of realism even though the setting is modern; we could do drama realism and have crazy things happen if we want! mostly excited to delve into the aspects of high society, the characters' motivations, and write how they slowly come to understand why the other views each other that way and the world where greed hungers and diamonds twinkle even with cracks in them.
Code by Nano

Last edited:
Time boils the rain
CLOSED

𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 | ? 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 ? | 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 | 𝐟𝐱𝐦
MEDEA is the daughter of a noble and grows close to JASON, prince of the country as they grow up together. Their families have always been close since the beginning of time, since the kingdom [or empire] was first named even. There surely was a future to be had, one of red strings and tight bonds, but everything changed within the fickle court that lives on whispers and schemes. MEDEA's family became a traitor to the crown — a frame job perhaps, or maybe the rule of a king started to veer closer to a tyrant and they did indeed conspire— it did not matter. With one declaration of treason, one sweep of a sword, blood suddenly ran, cold and bitter, until there was little left. The only remains of a relationship now being unmarked graves and trampled blossoms.

Years have passed and JASON has now become king, one who must seek a bride to have a line of succession. Maybe his memories have yet to leave him completely or maybe he finally knows what is feels like to have a nation weighing in on his shoulders and simply longs for days when everything was much more simple, way less stifling. He just can't help but feel drawn towards one of the newer ladies in court, someone who almost reminds him of a person he isn't sure is dead or alive. But court continues its chess, all pawns and play. In the middle of it, two people seem to step closer and closer to each other, but the past follows too, dagger in hand. Neither of them has forgotten, but MEDEA certainly hasn't forgiven.

— having it be fantasy is optional, but this plot will definitely require some world-building for the kingdom [or empire].
— we can discuss MEDEA's and JASON's past relationship during plotting; it could be that they were friends or maybe even more. the most important aspect is that their relationship was close enough to have the supposed betrayal hit hard for the both of them.
— I have left MEDEA's ending a bit vague so we could discuss that within plotting as well! was she exiled? did she escape? was she executed but resurrected? call me a weather boy because I'd like to plot know!
Code by Nano

Last edited:
Death Stranding
CLOSED

𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐞-𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 | 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 | 𝐟𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐲 |
Those who sin in life must pay the price after death. There exists no hell to burn in, only a purgatory that chews you up without meaning to ever spit you out. Nothingness is the punishment, nothingness that stretches out for so long that even the voice inside your head becomes an unwanted companion. There is only one way to leave, one way to repent; become a grim reaper. For DOOM it was an easy choice, having spent too many days, months, years (?) in purgatory. They would have done anything, and be anything, to leave that wretched place. So, when the question landed before them from the void, they didn't hesitate. Now they bear a mark on their wrist, a number that counts down with every soul they manage to guide to the afterlife. It has been centuries ever since, and the mark has finally become one single digit. Only one person left. Easy work for one who spent doing it so long, right?

If only it wasn't for ECHO.

ECHO is a ghost who has known more years being a spectre than they have not. Shackled by unresolved matters, they are determined and stubborn in staying where and as they are. No, they are not moving on. Not even when DOOM tries to literally push them into the afterlife. But things happen to ghosts who stay too long, and after ECHO gets a glimpse of that fate, they reluctantly turn to DOOM. Together, they must find a way to resolve what keeps ECHO here.. Before the memories start to fade. Before they get both stuck in a new purgatory.

— year and place is up for plotting; we could do it in a past era or modern.
— the tone is up for discussion as well; whether we wish for it to be a lighter, more comedic kind of scenario or a darker and more serious scenario is all up to us!
Code by Nano

Last edited:
VESPERTINE
OPEN

𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 | 𝐀 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲, 𝐁 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 |𝐟𝐱𝐦
EVE and TWILIGHT have been close friends since they were children. But as time passed, life took them on separate paths. EVE, harboring secret feelings for TWILIGHT, watched in silence as their best friend prepared to chase their dreams in a distant land. With a heart heavy with unspoken words, they mustered the courage to confess their love, only to face rejection from TWILIGHT, who didn't feel the same or was simply afraid that love could ruin things between them. TWILIGHT leaves, and EVE does not follow; the earlier promises to write suddenly feels more hollow.

Years drift by like leaves on the wind, their correspondence fast dwindling until it ceases altogether. It is fate that brings their paths together once more, older and wiser and different. As they rediscover the comfort of each other's company, new or perhaps buried feelings resurface, and TWILIGHT begins to see EVE in a new light. But just as fate intertwines their lives once more, it also intervenes. TWILIGHT gets introduced to someone new in EVE's life, their fiancé to be exact. Someone who also happens to be TWILIGHT's rival.

— this plot is rly barebones I'm sorry I literally just wanted to write the A fell too early, B fell too late trope bcs it's holding me by the jugular. we can add and even remove stuff if we want. I do imagine this taking place in an older era, maybe the 1920s or 1930s?? but this is also still up for discussion lmao we could literally make anything up and have it be in some steampunk world or some other mix between modern and old (⸝⸝⸝╸w╺⸝⸝⸝)
— slight preference for EVE

— CRIME AU (????) (ง ◉ _ ◉)ง its more likely than u think
Code by Nano

Last edited:
THE DEVIL YOU KNOW
CLOSED

𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 | 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 | 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 | 𝐟𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐲

ACE is a bounty hunter and responsible for capturing rogue supernaturals who do not follow the rules set by the AOS [agency of supernaturals]. Over the years they have quickly climbed up the ranks and are now known as one of the top bounty hunters of the branch. No bounty has ever been lost or escaped, except....

SIX is a devil with an almost one year old bounty of their head; they have always managed to evade the authorities and are the only ones who have bested ACE in a fight, which is an achievement they gladly rub in anytime they cross paths with the bounty hunter. It has been a cat and mouse game ever since the bounty was assigned with SIX slipping through the cracks every single time.

Then, ACE's boss disappears overnight. No one knows where they went, what happened, and the oddest thing of all: nobody seems to even question it. ACE believes there is more to it and goes to investigate but finds nothing. Meanwhile, bounty cases are rising and rising, and the city begins to tremble with more and more instability.

SIX appears one night, with little answers but a grand proposal. They want to make a deal; a solved case for a cleared name. ACE doesn't like it at all, but is not left with much of a choice. A deal is sealed that night, and the two embark on the mission to unravel one mystery that too little people seem to care about. But the closer they get to a truth, the uglier and bigger everything seems to be.

— heavily inspired by the IF: when twilight strikes.

— honestly, SIX does not have to be a devil; it can be an other supernatural entity, like a vampire or a dark fae or something else ◟( ˃̶͈◡ ˂̶͈ )◞

— want to steer the story into a slow realisation that this whole case is bigger than the both of them, maybe even bigger than the agency itself !
Code by Nano

Last edited:
ocean tides
OPEN

�𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲 | 𝐦𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐬 | 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 | 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 | 𝐟𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐲

The heart of the sea was stolen, grasped by filthy hands of the greedy, and now the kingdom of Marinthia is dying. Reef walls are crumbling, slowly but surely, as tides crawl back further and further into nothingness. Desperation and anger grips the merfolk as they begin to struggle to survive within their own depths; one can only live so long on land before their heart requires the sea song again. Without a home, without a sea, it is only a matter of time before they cease to be.

That's why AZURE only has one mission when they travel from sea to shore: bring back the sea's heart, no matter the cost. Finding the heart is easy, since it still sings the sea's song. Getting it back is the hard part, for it is not so easily unlocked. And to make matters even more troublesome, they are certainly not the only one after the prize.

LAPIS has always had a weak heart. The kind that would stop working sooner than later. It was why they had never left the palace walls before, the king and queen afraid that the slightest bit of the unexpected could be fatal. No amount of pleading would work, not even if they made going beyond the walls their dying wish. Denial has always been a wall they could not break through, and so the heir resigned themselves to a lonesome and trapped fate.

That is until they wake up one day, feeling different-- stronger -- and they come to realise the pain in their chest has disappeared completely. their parents claim it to be a miracle, a prayer finally answered. LAPIS is just excited to finally be healthy enough to venture further than the palace gate. Only, the guards stop them still. Their parents stay the same, the cage remains.

LAPIS runs away, only to run into AZURE.

— oh man, this plot is cheesy but even my lactose intolerant ass can't help myself sometimes okay! (,,>﹏<,,)
— I left AZURE's identity very open for a reason, so either of us could fill it in how they like! maybe they are a neglected heir themselves who the royal family only sent on this mission because they could afford to be missed... or maybe they are the best warrior? the one with the most rizz (•ؔʶ̷ ˡ̲̮ ؔʶ̷)?? the possibilities are endless!
Code by Nano

Last edited:
closing this thread [for now] since I have found enough new partners ໒꒰ྀི´ ˘ ` ꒱ྀིა ᯓᡣ𐭩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back