• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ORIGINAL SUPERVERSE [Original Characters / Powers Universe RP Interest Check] (Realistic Section)

The First Villain should be...?

• Power Based (Superhuman)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tech Based (Gadgets / Gear)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Science Based (Synthetic Enhancements / Alteration)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Concept Based (Ideals, Spiritual)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
Character Sheets
Main (Coming Soon)

Click the text below:

The Catalyst

Honestly, this mainly comes from getting tired of seeing so many attempts at DC / Marvel RP's only for them to either be cliche, short-lived, repetitive, or simply just not ever happening at all. So me, being the hyperactive mind I am, worked up an expansive idea (which for those who know me know I always think big). This would essentially be the first RP and story of a shared universe I've called OSV, which stands for Original Superverse. For this RP as you can tell from the title, the RP will be relatively grounded, but also very much action and epic oriented. If I had to accurately depict a genre close to this, it'd would probably be Action-Thriller. This universe will feature all types of characters, lore, miracles, and events. You the RPer will have full freedom to create your own character with their own set of skills and abilities, but also note there will be a need for non-skilled/powered characters to play as well. If you think you might be interested, read over all the info and details and respond! It's not first come first serve, only looking for long term, committed, and immersive RPers!!! Seriously. I had a really great bunch before, so I'd love to rp with more amazing individuals.

Plot Synopsis:

2017. A stellar anomaly was detected in NASA that was not detected by any known man made satellites, radars, or technology. Not until it entered the Solar System in ergonomic form. Upon this, a black sanctioned committee was sent together to analyze it, discovering a luminous cosmically colored cluster of solid and an unknown material forming a widespread cloud like occurrence. And then... it was discovered that its trajectory was headed right for Earth. This was when humankind as we knew would change, even when the public of humanity itself had no clue. The cloud was discovered to have been spread in diameter and mass before, condensing into a tunnel shape, almost as if it was amorphous. Meaning something was influencing it, which is scientifically improbable but not impossible. But here's what is impossible. It goes in and out of the quantum state, meaning it appears only to phase out of its own existence. This operates on an entirely different set of physics. Which begs the question: Where did it come from?

NASA has dubbed this entity / occurrence "The Catalyst".
giphy.gif

Image taken by NASA of The Catalyst, spanning across roughly 410,000 miles.

Now it is 2018, And to those on the inside of this information. The code was derived in Morse as a word: LOCKSMITH. The element was communicating. It was more than a clamity. It could be humanity's natural unconditional evolution. Or... its destruction. As the mystery around The Catalyst unfolds, its reaches will affect far more than the balance of elements and nature. Human nature was also about to change forever. Conspiracy Theorists, Scientists, and even independent wayfinders of information and data all began to meet each other at one crossroads: The Catalyst, and it was coming.

A few miscellaneous things:

• NPC's can be created by anyone as long as they're within reason for character development and plot.
  • As far as lore, no adding or building key details such as creating history outside your character's, or creating a fictional city/nation unless consulted and approved by myself.
  • No gary/mary sues, and no godmodding characters, skills, or abilities.
  • Please try to make diverse and unique characters, not everyone can be military trained, John Wick badasses. Bring a fresh character development and you'll almost definitely get accepted.

Powers / Abilities:

* The ability selection process will be unique, in that you select an ability, I randomize an ability, and from there the two abilities will be mixed for your characters' superpower. *

(Your preferred power + Random Power = Your True Power)

EXAMPLE:
(Pyrokinesis + Rain Control = Smoke/Steam Manipulation OR Acid Manipulation)

Of course this could range from a capes and heroes type fantasy adventure, to a very grounded and realistic theme, despite how crazy powers may be. If you've stuck around long enough, click and check out the plot details below! I really need to know people will stick around for this. My thinking was that our characters will have either individually or collectively been subject to The Catalyst, and upon being exposed to the new occurrence, it caused a fluctuation in them either cellular or neurological that would give them their abilities.

If you've stuck around this long then feel free to express that interest!!!

Last edited:
A question about the power thing. I'm assuming since you are randomizing them, character creation would be a bit limited in that department until we said the power we wanted.

Meaning, we'd need to come up with the random power first, then make the character around that. Is that correct?

A question about the power thing. I'm assuming since you are randomizing them, character creation would be a bit limited in that department until we said the power we wanted.

Meaning, we'd need to come up with the random power first, then make the character around that. Is that correct?
Good ask, and to answer it: No.

I always have people fill out the CS completely before I even generate a power. I do this as to not make the person have to depend or rely on a power to give their character life and meaning, but vice versa. And you won't be coming up with the random power, I am. All you'd do is list the power you'd like for your character to have. So if you want them to have Telekinesis list that, and I will randomize a power and fuse the two into a compromise ability.

Good ask, and to answer it: No.

I always have people fill out the CS completely before I even generate a power. I do this as to not make the person have to depend or rely on a power to give their character life and meaning, but vice versa. And you won't be coming up with the random power, I am. All you'd do is list the power you'd like for your character to have. So if you want them to have Telekinesis list that, and I will randomize a power and fuse the two into a compromise ability.

I see, so then we would be making what the person would be like before the power, then? Create what their life was like and what occupations and hobbies they had before the random ability came into their life?

Interested but does the character have to have a power or can it be tech based and if so do we still do the randomization?

Interested but does the character have to have a power or can it be tech based and if so do we still do the randomization?
You can be tech based, and yeah it will still be randomized. Perhaps you could make whatever randomization that happens a technological application.

I would definitely be interested in this. I have one question, though: About how often would you expect us to post? I usually post once every 2-3 days, so pretty slowly by RPN standards. Would that be a problem? No big deal if it is, I'd just rather not drag everyone down.

I would definitely be interested in this. I have one question, though: About how often would you expect us to post? I usually post once every 2-3 days, so pretty slowly by RPN standards. Would that be a problem? No big deal if it is, I'd just rather not drag everyone down.
I'd say every day - every 2 days.

woah !!! already got a kid in mind but also, kind of a slow rper, but on average, i could probably get something out twice or thrice a week? that ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back