• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Original fantasy OR Pokemon roleplay? [Ignore post count]

Namohysip

EDIT: I made this post when I first joined this site, but I plan on using it whenever I have a fix for another one on one, since the info rarely changes. Also, if you found this thread somewhere low on the first page and/or beyond the first page, send me a pm instead!

Hey! I posted an intro of myself recently here but beyond that, I may as well get into the basics and then the specifics right here! I'll keep this first post short and sweet so you can see if you're interested or not.

I'm a long time email (emphasis: Email is my preferred medium for one on ones) roleplayer looking for more partners now that I finished off one of the best and longest roleplays I've had--one that lasted three years, ignoring hiatuses due to their personal matters. Now, our roleplay will NOT have to be that long--but it is definitely going to be something long-term.

I generally prefer to reply with at least a solid paragraph or two per reply. I expect something within similar margins from you--if it's too short, it's too hard to reply to. If it's too long, then it either had too much going on in one post, or got waaay to fluffy in the descriptions. That being said, long posts are fine if it's a "big moment." It's all about common sense.

Uh, right. Anyway, about the genres. I'm interested in doing an original fantasy setting, plot and setting provided by me, but there's room for subplots by you and so on. The same goes for the Pokemon roleplay, if you want to go that route. However, if you want to do pokemon, I'll be extremely happy if you're interested in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon specifically!

I'm already rambling, but if any of you want to know more about my two genres, just ask me here! I need to kinda get my post count up before I can use PMs to exchange contact information privately anyway. But the original fantasy setting--if you're interested in dragons or shape shifters, and a magic system that's got defined rules, but malleable uses, you'll want to ask for specifics about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, no worries about not knowing about pokemon. Being interested in the fantasy setting is just as good! Well, what part of the setting did you want to know about first? I'm sure others who visit this page would be interested in the answers, too.

The shape-shifters, yes. Well, some of what is known about the shape-shifters kind of count as spoilers, but I can explain this much: They're creatures that have no 'natural' form of their own, and instead simply take the form of other things at will, as long as they have the mass for it.

Depending on where you decide to start off in the roleplay (I've narrowed it down to three entry points) the shape-shifters would be either in: an oppressed state, forced to hide away; a social revolution state, where they're getting recognized; or an integrated state, where they're part of the rest of society. The reason for this entire struggle is because the plot's central point is that another group of shape-shifters, hard to distinguish from the 'good' ones, are the core of the conflict in the plot.

That sounds neat. I like the three entry points; depending on where you start could completely change the roleplay. What did you have in mind for the dragon's plot?

I'm not sure what you mean by the dragon plot--these guys all exist in the same world. But if what you're asking is, where the dragons come into the picture, they're actually just another race of sapient beings. So, we've got three, basically: Humans, dragons, and shape-shifters, with the former two essentially being at equal odds, and the third one climbing out of obscurity for spoiler reasons.

And hey, Magick! Nice to see someone else interested. Did you have any questions for me? (So I can get my post count up to 10?)

Reply one word at a time? xD Haha, I'm joking, but might possibly have questions. I'm more of a humanoid roleplayer myself... But if you message me and explain the plot a little more I can probably whip something up. Truth be told, I just love the fact that you're long-term and fantasy. I had a roleplay last for two years once. It was the best. Haha. But talk to me here first so you can get your post count up. xD

Oh! sorry I thought they were two different plots... That's great! I like having a couple of different races, anyway. It makes it more interesting. I like this plot. What would the dragons do though? As in, would the dragons choose sides, so they, too, can effect the plot?

Magick -

Lol, I understand. Well, if you're a humanoid roleplayer, there are humans, soo... does that count? I figure it doesn't. But if it helps any, the dragon characters can be of the "bipedal" breed. It's exactly what it says on the tin--two legs, and by implication, two arms, with an optional two wings.

Mkat -

Not quite. So, here's what's the deal. In most (plot-irrelevant) countries around the world, humans and dragons live alongside one another, work in the same offices, fight the same wars, etc. As for the plot relevant parts--there's one city populated only by humans, and is a technological metropolis. If this rp took place only in that city, it'd feel like a modern rp and/or sci fi, with fantasy on the horizon. There's also a continent-sized forest filled with, eh, 90% dragons by sapient population ratios, with a shadow ratio of shape-shifters hiding from society for the reasons mentioned previously, and the rest of the (known) 10% is humans. This ignores the part-dragon race--i.e., folks with both dragon and human ancestry.

So to answer your question, they don't really "choose sides." It's basically "the bad shape-snifters that gave the good ones a bad name over the course of history, and whoever is controlling said bad ones." versus "Literally everybody else." It's more complex than that but, when you boil it down, that's the line.

Oh, ah, well, I intend for this actually to be a one-on-one roleplay, so both of you will probably start up individual roleplays with me later. As of now, this is post nine, so I only need one more post before we can exchange contact info. And as mentioned in that intro post I linked to here, I was hoping for this to be an email roleplay, since it works the best for me.

Yeah, I've been a member for over a day now, actually. And this is my tenth post! So I should be able to use private messaging now? It's worth a shot once I post this.

And darn, sorry Magick, but I, too, like to have my rp content all in one place. Due to legacy, that's email. But if I ever get around to forum roleplaying, this'll definitely be the spot...

Hmmm... Well, I do have a few smaller role plays taking place on my roleplay email. I'm willing to give it a shot, if you're online regularly? That sounds terrible, but the two nice people I have been roleplaying with haven't been on regularly, so that's the main reason I don't check. I'm a busy college student, but I still try and reply throughout the day, if not in the morning and after classes/rehearsal. So, I'm interested in trying still, if you respond on a regular basis. I know life happens, but just for the most part if you reply often, I will do my best to check my email. I'm a one on one person at heart-- and even on forums, I hardly ever stray to group roleplays. Haha.

Oh you don't need to worry about irregular responses. I'm online from noon to midnight and my email is always open, so aside from being in class or asleep, you can expect me to reply within the hour. And I absolutely NEVER reply less than once a day. Usually I reply immediately upon seeing a reply. I use replying as a 'microbreak' from my academic work.

Good to hear! Unfortunately for some reason, I can't use private messages yet. I think. All I know is that when I hit the 'mail' icon in the corner of this page, I still get that notice about the 24 hour, 10 post rule. Which is odd, because I joined on Monday, and I've posted 12 posts now, so... well, apparently I can still reply to conversations that are initiated by others, so if you're interested, send one over! Maybe the change is just delayed or something...

Ah, the PMD one. Well, I'll keep it basic here. The plot is centralized around the legend of the Essences--eighteen+1 orbs that are said to house the power of each Pokemon Type. The legend says that gathering the first eighteen will make the final one appear--but what happens afterward has been lost to time. Our characters will be, for one reason or another, among the first to start searching for them--and soon find that there are more sinister forces working in the shadows to gather the Essences for the same reason. Over the course of the plot, the origin of the Essences, their true meaning and power, and the motives of the opposition will unravel.

...In a nutshell, at least. I'm open to starting off in whatever way you'd like--new recruits at the Guild/Expedition Society rescuing my characters in some random dungeons, simple adventurers or explorers running into one another...

Hello.

I'd be interested in at least seeing you prompts for the original fantasy setting. I just can't guarantee I'll be interested in them until I've looked them over and asked a few questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back