• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ordinary Yet Exceptional

Exanis

He Who Sees E's

2531c444ab4f9106452ff2bf9ac9a0b9.png

-This RP consists of, but is not limited to-
Comedy | Slice of Life | Light | Romance

-Hosted By-

OOC | Sign-Ups | IC

In this world there are people with skills far beyond that of what is seemingly within human capabilities. You are one of them. You are also a teenager that needs a proper social life, and as such a world-wide multi-government funded project has been created to cater to your specific needs as well as ensure that you are able to make friends with some of the other unnaturally gifted kids out in the world. Welcome to the facility.

When you're not out and about making waves in the world, the facility is your home away from home. Or maybe it's just your home. Either way, you've got your room, large facilities catered to your talents, a communal kitchen, and so much more! This is your haven from the outside world, a place you go to have fun and relax, where you get to be yourself with your friends!

Oye! is an RP based on the idea that, in a realistic world, there are abnormally skilled and completely unrealistic kids out there, and you happen to be one of them. The focus of the RP is not precisely on what you do in the real world, but interacting with the other kids in a slice of life-esque manner. While the world is effecitvely a sandbox, everything will be taking place in 'mini-episodes' with a task being the main goal of a series of posts, such as 'find the lost toy' or 'make the best pie' or any other such silly shennanigans. There will be heavier moments as well not only for enjoyment but to further character development and the plot as well.

Last edited:

2531c444ab4f9106452ff2bf9ac9a0b9.png

-This RP consists of, but is not limited to-
Comedy | Slice of Life | Light | Romance

-Hosted By-
Exanis Exanis & Ninth Ninth

Episode 1: The Director's Competition

Around fifty miles away from what you could call a bustling based simply on the amount of skyscrapers in the distance, there stood a large, beautiful, facility surrounded by all around by walls and it's only visible entrance and exit being a gorgeous ornate gate. At first glance one might assume that this whole area was owned by some eccentric rich citizen that wanted an out of the way house for their own privacy. And honestly, you wouldn't be all too wrong about that. This place was not a building owned by some rich person, but a facility built, funded, and maintained by the governments of the world for those out there with unnatural talents. People who can and have cured unknown diseases in mere days, people who have created completely functional robots and AIs, people who hold the highest titles in various sports and martial arts, and so much more. The real kicker of it all? They're all kids.

Now it seemed like today was quite similar to any other day, all the various kids doing their own thing in whichever part of the complex that they had either claimed for their own or was made specifically for them. One such of these kids was Izayah Sterling, who was currently in his provided laboratory, working diligently on yet another request given to him by some government who were in over their heads when it came to medicine and needed his expertise. Not that he minded of course, he enjoyed the process of doing what he did. Izayah had been part of this government program for a while, and as such was not expecting for someone to come on the rarely used intercom.

"Attention! Due to a recent increase in funding, it has been decided to upgrade this facility for your benefits! If you all would come to the communal dining hall, we shall attempt to work with you all to see how we can best fit the new expansions to your best interest. Just as well, there shall be a small... I suppose you could call it 'competition' held, in which the winner will receive a bit more benefit for themselves, or however they wish to distribute the reward. On that note, I request that you come to the dining hall post-haste."

Izayah blinked, sighed, and visibly slumped. Of course the man simply known as "The Director" would choose now of all times to drop this on his head. Swirling around in his rolling chair, Izayah put everything he was working on to a stop and, in a visible show of laziness, began rolling his way to the dining hall, lamenting the loss of time he would have to deal with.

Ninth Ninth Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Idea Idea A aaaah K KodomoYamiya Noivian Noivian A Common Man A Common Man Nano Nano _KoKo_ _KoKo_ Webs Elk Webs Elk Miljonz Miljonz MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Trouvaille Trouvaille

Tyler was already in the dining hall. He wore a black t-shirt with jeans, and always had his signature glasses on. He was currently making himself a snack. He was drinking every time between making the snack. He finished making his little meal, and had one bite. Afterwards, he drank his alcohol again. But then forgot that he was supposed to test out his snack.

He had gone through 2 bottles of beer and smiled too himself. "Man, that's some good stuff." Tyler said. He chuckled too himself as he continued sitting. That was when he heard the announcment. Something about going into the dining hall. Tyler got up and walked out of the dining hall. He walked away, and went into the hallway, but went back.

He went back inside the dining hall. "I'm in the dining hall now!" Tyler said. He walked up to a table and just dropped on it. Half of his body wasn't even on it. He still was awake though. "This is fun." Tyler said to the air with a smile.

Last edited:
Willow's finger lifted each page, of the fashion magazine, with ease and folded it over, rhythmically and simultaneously. The pages were glossy and highlighted the photo's true beauty, with sharp and vibrant colours. His soft, gentle fingers traced the outline of each individual outfit in a state of boredom and mild interest. It wasn't that the facility didn't provide enough entertainment, since this area was specifically designed to suit his likings, he just managed to find a way to get bored easily. Although he loved the facility and it's grandeur and beauty, he still missed the wildlife and scenery of Wales - his home. He missed the gloomy weather and rain along with the animals scattered across the hillsides. With grace, Willow closed the magazine and placed neatly on a shelf, full of piles of other magazines.

Heels echoing of the vast walls, Willow made his way over to his bed and slumped down on it. His computer was already open and halfway through Rupaul's Drag Race season 8, which yes he knew this was the 6th time he'd watched the season, before closing the computer down and putting to aside. Laying straight down the bed, Willow looked up at the ceiling and just started to think. Thoughts swarmed around his head butting into each other to be the first to be thought of. Memories flooded through his vision and he was reliving his life. Eyes gradually closing, Willow blinked and life slammed back into reality. He sat up clicked his neck and decided to change his outfit from pyjamas to a casual look, but the heels being the centre piece.

Click, he pressed play on his iPod Shuffle and started lip syncing to Cold Hearted by Paula Abdul, sliding around his room and just being in his element. His current train of thought was interrupted by a distorted sound coming through the headphones. Willow removed them and checked before hearing the bellowing intercom echoing around his room.

"Attention! Due to a recent increase in funding, it has been decided to upgrade this facility for your benefits! If you all would come to the communal dining hall, we shall attempt to work with you all to see how we can best fit the new expansions to your best interest. Just as well, there shall be a small... I suppose you could call it 'competition' held, in which the winner will receive a bit more benefit for themselves, or however they wish to distribute the reward. On that note, I request that you come to the dining hall post-haste."

"Ohh yippee! A competition!" Willow clapped his hands and picked up his GUCCI handbag and started to make his way to the Dining Hall a slight determination in his stride. Although Willow was a good sport and not competitive, he did like himself a competition, even though he normally failed miserably at them. Luckily for him his area wasn't too far away so he arrived there swiftly, before entering the large room. It seemed to be deserted except for one man 'sitting' there, although half of his body wasn't even on the table. He recognised them man of course as Tyler Crop, Willow knew he was here and did like him but had never really conversed with Tyler, except for a few "Hello"s here and there. He walked over to the drunk and sat on a table opposite before smiling over at him. Willow was aware that almost everyone thought Tyler was crazy, but Willow just stated "Would you rather die a normal nobody or live a crazy somebody?" that always got a silence after it.

A Common Man A Common Man

Nova Daniels

She tapped her chin, looking back to her blueprints again, eyes gliding over the piece of metal that laid before her. It was a complex circuitboard and a nest of wiring, that'd need to be sorted and grouped carefuly before being handed over. That is, handed over to Izayah. It wasn't nessicarily for him, per say. It was something akin to a metal computer tiara, if said tiara were backwards, and wrapped around the back of her head from temple to temple. She figured that would be the easiest point of entry, being the softest point in the skull...

The backwards tiara was designed to have detatcahable and replacable parts. But parts should only need to be replaced when she got around to making newer, faster parts. But the wiring... it was something of a neural net. From what she learned, and remembered from replacing her legs, wires and nerves weren't that different from each other. She had recently consoled Izayah on this project, and now that it was nearing its completion, she'd need to go in for another consultation and evaluation. After all, attaching a supercomputer to one's brain isn't something to be taken lightly. But the possibilties, the knowledge she'd gain from it, the pure data she could rake in... it made her shivver at just the thought.

The crackling voice over the intercom broke her out of her thoughts, and she squinted in anger at the speaker. She had done her best to muffle the audio device in the past, but the officials that ran the place kept insisting she not do that. It was her personal space, though, dammit! She can do what she wanted here! Picking her way around piles of half-built robots, husks of the projects she had taken up and quickly discarded after they proved to be too easy, she brought her newest device with her as she walked her way to the dining hall.

Mark Hill

"C'mon Hill. Rome wasn't built in a day." Mark said to himself as he was trying to design his new OC. Mark was in his room with his eyes glued to the drawing tablet, doodling away. Bottles of water and bags of chips were scattered on his desk. Mark pulled an all-nighter, but somehow, he wasn't tried. Mark was trying to figure out what his new OC should look like. Should he be cute? Should be a typical shounen hero? Should he be a grizzled man with a dark past? Should he be a cat? Should he be a dodo bird? Decisions, decisions, decisions. His thought processes was stopped when intercom was used. The same intercom that hasn't been used in centuries.

"Hmm, that's funny. They usually never use the intercom. Oh well." Mark saved the work on his tablet and made show at to the dining hall. "Benefits, huh?" Mark thought to himself. "I'm in dire need of new animation equipment and a better editing software. This could make me a better freelance animator. Or worse. I dunno." Mark raced to the dining hall with haste.

Last edited:
Quinn Beckett

Quinn was in their room at the time of the announcement. They were stood in color splattered overalls with a paint brush in one hand and a small can of paint in the other. They were working on their newest piece in their newest collection. They didn't want too many people to know about them starting a new collection of artwork. It always seemed to be something that captivated people and they didn't want that fame and fortune.

They sighed at the announcement. They was almost done with the piece and in record time too. They added a few final details and put away the piece to dry. If they had to go, they would.

Changing out of the overalls, they put on their favorite beanie that covered their ears and the biggest, baggiest hoodie they owned. They put on some clean pants and brushed their tail before leaving the room.

They took their ukulele and a notepad with them as well and began writing things down on the way for what he wanted. It was just small things that he could elaborate on when he gets to it.

They got to the dining hall and wasn't surprised that they were later than everyone else. They simply sat alone with their uke and strummed out a little tune whilst thinking about what they could ask for. Quinn never needed much so they didn't really have to bother but their were some small things that could greatly improve everything and so they were going to be asking for some stuff. Besides, it's not like any of it could kill anyone.

Saimin Hatsumei

__hoshikawa_hikayu_re_creators_drawn_by_nikame__97ead9b257887fdf7380b5072ef029e0.jpg

• "Sis, why did you do this again?" I said to no one in particular, except maybe the small gun-like object that was nicely wrapped up in a little box in front of me. I had to wonder what this one even did. She always sent me something super weird. I always hoped my sister would at least send me something like a bad cake or one of those photos that are supposed to be sweet but are really just bragging. Something more normal. The kid that tried using the hairdrier I received a few days ago still had their hair in a ponytail...on their forehead. I even wrote to my sister for something to fix it with, but she kept telling me "oh, just let me finish this project" or "oh, I gotta get to this meeting...". To think she would do that to a sweet girl like that. Then again, maybe I was the one at fault. I was the one that accidentally got our hair-driers mixed. But then again, thinking about ME ending up like THAT instead of the girl.... I was scratching my head as if trying to tear it away, which would I ave chosen? Was my sister trying to teach me a lesson? Amazing!

I did not, however, get the time to inspect the little gadget my sis sent today with another one of those "test this on Nova and Annelotte" notes she had a tendency to pack in as well, the intercom suddenly rang loudly and the announcer told everyone a the dormitories to meet in the communal dining hall for this "competition" over certain expanded fundings. I was already pretty well-off living with my sister though, and I didn't really feellike participating in some "competition", but I supposed going wasn't really a choice I had. Even if it was, I was aware that I at least ought to know what it was all about, so that I wouldn't be caught in anything weird...again...

I exited my room, leaving behind he gadget in it's bxox and was immediately greeted by three people standing right in front of my door. Well, actually sitting. How kind of them.

"Hey Joshua, hey Beatrix, hey George. So, you're sitting down today?"

"We're eating as you advised us yesterday, miss." Said George, smirked as he raised a bento. "And we prepared this one for you. We have to go to the communal hall, right? Here, we made this one for you. Please, eat, we'll hold the plate, do not worry!"

"I'm not sure that's really a proper way of heading to the dining hall, like going together like that and...." I laughed nervously, suddenly finding George bowing at lightspeeds towards my feet.

"My deepest apologies!" He shouted. "I did not mean to disgrace you so! Of course, we should be holding your lunch as well, not just your plate. Please forgive our ignorance."

I wans't even sure what to say in this situation, so I nervously nodded hoping things wouldn't escalate any further than they already did. Still, it was a bit annoying. Like, I knew I was clumsy, but certainly not THAT clumsy! I was surrounded by these three once more, having just barely enough space to carry my bag, or breathe.

Mentions: Noivian Noivian Nano Nano
    Also might like/want to read: Trouvaille Trouvaille

Gaku was in his room analyzing his vocal range, despite everyone knowing it never ends well.

Anyone who knew Gaku would know immediately what just happened. A few second later, Gaku walked out of his room with yet another glass disposal bag. Inside was yet another glass cup he broke as he experimented with his head voice and falsetto. As he was taking the bag to the nearest janitor, he couldn't help letting his mind wander.

"What if the bag broke ... What if the glass cuts me ... What if the janitor cuts me!"
Gaku began internally pretending to panic as he wondered how the janitor would react to him breaking yet another glass cup. Reaching the office, Gaku pushed the door open, "Kanrinin-sensei! I have more glass for you!"

As Gaku spoke, an older japanese man stepped around a wall and frowned, "I told you it's Mister Kanrinin. I'm not your teacher."

Gaku grinned as he handed the man the bag, "Sure, Sensei!"

Mister Kanrinin sighed as he grabbed the bag, "What would I even teach you, Gaku?"

Gaku shrugged, "I dunno know! That's for you to figure out!"

Before the janitor could reply, the intercom turned on, "Attention! Due to a recent increase in funding, it has been decided to upgrade this facility for your benefits! If you all would come to the communal dining hall, we shall attempt to work with you all to see how we can best fit the new expansions to your best interest. Just as well, there shall be a small... I suppose you could call it 'competition' held, in which the winner will receive a bit more benefit for themselves, or however they wish to distribute the reward. On that note, I request that you come to the dining hall post-haste."

Gaku grinned, "OOH! Competition!"

Mister Kanrinin rolled his eyes, as Gaku ran out the room, and began to properly dispose of the glass "That's definitely a strange kid ..."

Meanwhile Gaku was literally flipping down the hall towards the dining hall. Once there, he immediately ran straight to the dining hall servers and ordered 5 different burgers.

(Open for interaction)

Hinata had been busy trying to see which song he wanted to cover between concerts when the announcement had come on, "Attention! Due to a recent increase in funding, it has been decided to upgrade this facility for your benefits! If you all would come to the communal dining hall, we shall attempt to work with you all to see how we can best fit the new expansions to your best interest. Just as well, there shall be a small... I suppose you could call it 'competition' held, in which the winner will receive a bit more benefit for themselves, or however they wish to distribute the reward. On that note, I request that you come to the dining hall post-haste." Hinata himself didn't care much for competition, though since he was requested he might as well go, and so he started making his way down to the dining hall.

Little did the world know he was still choosing which song to cover via ear, though of course, one could argue that he was always doing something music related at any given point in time, he chose not to indulge such a train of thought. Instead opting to just continue walking forward until he finally reached the aforementioned dining hall. He saw some of the other's just hanging around, and almost immediately spotted Gaku. He sighed silently to himself, wondering what kind of sitcom shenanigans they could get in together. Hinata went to go stand beside Gaku, hoping the other would start up a conversation while waiting for his food to be delivered.

Hina wondered why his choice of possible love song cover started playing then.

Webs Elk Webs Elk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back