OOC

@solyrflair All species existed before the crystals except for the Fuaranach and Tuatha de Danann.

Due to lore reasons, I cannot allow Fomorians to be infected by the crystals. The reason Fomorians are enemies with Danann is due to the Milesians in the area becoming Danann, as a result it was Danann vs. Fomorian, rather than Danann vs. Milesian vs. Fomorian.

Everything else works.

If you want your species to have the ability to transform into other creatures, that's possible, if that's what you're going for.

Actually, its the other way. I am looking for a race that has lost something, not gained something. I need them to have once been quiet and peaceful creatures, and have somehow been changed into monsters. I thought if the crystals changed Milesians to Tuatha de Danann, they could change others. But if that doesn't work in the concept, is there something else that could change them. Perhaps the Tuatha gained enough magic to put a curse on her race, changing them. 

@solyrflair There can be racial experimentation, if that's what you're looking for, but it'll be by Milesians and around 200~500 years ago. Unfortunately, crystals/magic cannot affect Fomorians.

If anyone here is waiting for the RP to start, remember you can post lore submissions in the Other section! You're free to shape the world under it's origins/guidelines.

There can be variations of a race, so individuals don't feel pressured to playing a particular sub-type, but nevertheless, if anyone prefers Nidelia's race, feel free to create a character.

Also, if I forgot to mention, you can roleplay as multiple characters. However, I'm probably going to cap it at 3 main characters per roleplayer. Otherwise roleplaying combat will be difficult. You can also have side/main characters with min. stats/skills.

I'm having some difficulty thinking up of virtues and vices that fit my character. Also I need some help with thinking of what my character's history could be like.

@JRPG

I know that there's a list, but there are quite a lot to choose from, it's pretty overwhelming. I have a basic idea of what virtues I want my character to have though.

As for the history I'm not too sure on how Fuaranachs are dealt with, as in do they sell them? Give them away? Study them? I'm not too sure.

@Cheryl Those are good questions. Fuaranachs with sentience are typically left alone, but those without sentience are sold, study, or scrapped. Most individuals avoid confrontation with a Fuaranach since they're uncertain, and they don't want a repeat of the Danann and Fomorian incident. However, black markets still produce the Fuaranachs, and so do private companies, since they're beneficial to expansion and industrial growth.

@AenonWelcome to the roleplay! What interests you about Crystal Odyssey?

@Cheryl Those are good questions. Fuaranachs with sentience are typically left alone, but those without sentience are sold, study, or scrapped. Most individuals avoid confrontation with a Fuaranach since they're uncertain, and they don't want a repeat of the Danann and Fomorian incident. However, black markets still produce the Fuaranachs, and so do private companies, since they're beneficial to expansion and industrial growth.

@AenonWelcome to the roleplay! What interests you about Crystal Odyssey?

REALLY LIKE the fact on how detailed this is. the religions, places ALL OF IT  I mean seriously this is amazing. 

@Aenon Thanks, feel free to create a character! Once we have 5 approved characters, the roleplay will start, but only a week after the creation of 5 characters.

@Cheryl After you finish the char's history, I'll be glad to hep you with vices and virtues. :3 Since I'll be able to ask you how is your character by then. <3

@JRPG Changed counter to physique. Thank you. :3 I might be seeing what I can do lorewise. XD I might create some fomorian and bolg subraces that I think'd be interesting to see around. Would it be a problem to talk about a possibly unrelated area on the map containing some bolgs' nest? The kind of place that we might be interesting to have an adventure in? :D

@Archene I'm unsure what you mean by unrelated area on the map? I'm fine with new areas as long as I know which number they're closest to on the map, and I'm willing to organize a roleplay scenario within your area, if there's time, or it makes sense with our current plot, which isn't fully established yet, since the roleplay hasn't started.

@Archene I'm unsure what you mean by unrelated area on the map? I'm fine with new areas as long as I know which number they're closest to on the map, and I'm willing to organize a roleplay scenario within your area, if there's time, or it makes sense with our current plot, which isn't fully established yet, since the roleplay hasn't started.

You got what I meant perfectly. :3 It is just that, I'll be writing something for you by next week. :D  Would you know when we will be beginning the RP?

@Archene As soon as 5 characters are created besides my own, then I'll start a week time limit before the RP starts. I feel like 6~10 characters is enough for this roleplay, but I may add more, depending on how things work. I expect the roleplay to start next week, or two weeks from now, depending if someone else makes a character.

Individuals can also make multiple characters, but those multiple characters cannot be the chosen heroes who were teleported to the crystal cave. Those multiple characters will join the party at a later time.

@JRPG

May I send you a PM for help with the history? And I would also like to keep it a secret as I know that my character is like that (it'll be one of his vices).

I have a question on Skills. You get 3 skill points at start. Those seem to go toward skill bonuses. AND you also get to pick 3 skills/spells/powers that you can use? Is that correct?

i want to have Grisl have some advanced healing ability (personal only) based on physique. But I need to know if I have the skill points right. 

I will make a submission for racial history that you can add to the lore. And for the kountain they live upon. It might have to wait until after the site upgrade this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread