OOC

@Archene Hello, what makes you interested about the roleplay: Crystal Odyssey?

The system seems very well done, and I like the idea of being able to make my own skills in a dice RP. The requirements for posts were also nice to see around here. Most of all, I thought the lore was pretty cool.

Though for now, I'm wondering what kind of character I'll be making. XD

@Archene The roleplay is still in-development, but the skill/stat system should remain the same, although I may make a few tweaks and what not. The lore isn't fully established, but I'm willing to answer any questions you may have.

@Archene The roleplay is still in-development, but the skill/stat system should remain the same, although I may make a few tweaks and what not. The lore isn't fully established, but I'm willing to answer any questions you may have.

Still no questions on the Lore yet other than a bit more on the Tuatha de Danann. Just things such as how they came to be, and the utilities of their crystals. Things that are probably on the Lore sections. XD Which is only visible to members. Am still looking through the system one.

@Archene Yeah, I'm still working on fleshing out races, but I'll answer your question to the extent of my current written lore.

Tuatha de Danann are aliens that appeared alongside the landing of crystals. Tuatha de Danann can harness magical energy more than other races, as they're directly connected to the crystals.

And also the reasons for Tuatha da Danann hate(?) towards Fomorians. Unless it is just my impression that they dislike them. @JRPG

(And aliens?! :O I expected everything other than that! Now I know which race to use, almost for sure.)

@Archene Tuatha de Danann dislike the Fomorians, since Fomorians reacted to the crystals negatively compared to Milesians. Fomorians are typically sane, but when the crystals landed on Macha (The world), many Fomorians turned Feral and started attacking other sane Fomorians, Milesians, or Tuatha de Danann. As a result, many Danann consider the Fomorians due to the origin of Feral Fomorians. I'll provide a better explanation, when I work on the plot, but that's the general gist according to the history.

Here's the four races, and the general gist of them.

Tuatha de Danann - Aliens that look human. They've a singular crystal that protrudes from their body.

Milesians - Humans created by the Partholons.

Fomorians - Trolls, Fairies, Orges, Elves, Dwarves, Supernatural beings, etc.. Races created by the Partholons.

Fuaranachs - Robots developed by Milesians, which are powered by crystal energy.

@Archene Tuatha de Danann dislike the Fomorians, since Fomorians reacted to the crystals negatively compared to Milesians. Fomorians are typically sane, but when the crystals landed on Macha (The world), many Fomorians turned Feral and started attacking other sane Fomorians, Milesians, or Tuatha de Danann. As a result, many Danann consider the Fomorians due to the origin of Feral Fomorians. I'll provide a better explanation, when I work on the plot, but that's the general gist according to the history.

Here's the four races, and the general gist of them.

Tuatha de Danann - Aliens that look human. They've a singular crystal that protrudes from their body.

Milesians - Humans created by the Partholons.

Fomorians - Trolls, Fairies, Orges, Elves, Dwarves, Supernatural beings, etc.. Races created by the Partholons.

Fuaranachs - Robots developed by Milesians, which are powered by crystal energy.

Nice plot! Do sane Formorians still turn feral every now and then, or after being with contacts with the crystals, or was that a one time event when the Tuatha de Danann appeared?

Do Formorians also have a chance to turn feral when simply being by a Tuatha de Danann due to the crystal on their body?

@Archene Those are good questions, and I'll probably revisit my current lore. For your first question, I think it's likely to be a one time event, and a foreign substance caused Fomorians instincts to run rampage, but after the Danann established themselves for several hundred years, that instinct for the Fomorians faded away.

If I go by my first answer, for your second, the answer's no.

Alright! Thank you! I should be getting a character app sometime over the week! And might see if a few friends are free to join the RP. :3

@Archene I wouldn't worry too much about the character sheet as the lore is still in development. You are free to make a character but the template is subject to change.

@Archene I wouldn't worry too much about the character sheet as the lore is still in development. You are free to make a character but the template is subject to change.

It is better to already have something in hands! And yesh, I thought so. But given the complexity of the system and how I want to make a fairly nice character. I want to have something that I will just need to adjust once all the Lore is done. (And Lore-wise, sadly, my characters tend to be a bit bland. :< Thus, sorry. And for some reason I really want to be that one open-minded Danann from Tamara that understands is looking to find out why some Fomorians became feral upon getting in contact with the crystals, even if we never find out IC or OOC.)

@Archene every character is unique. You don't need to follow a stereotype, and it is alright to have a bland character as long as you develop them in the role play. What I don't want is a static character. Save those for side characters.

@Veni welcome to crystal odyssey. What do you find interesting about this role play? What encouraged you to apply for an invite? 

@Archene every character is unique. You don't need to follow a stereotype, and it is alright to have a bland character as long as you develop them in the role play. What I don't want is a static character. Save those for side characters.

I tend to try to give the characters some personality to start with by default, when going for bland. All I can say, not long before the beginning of an RP, if not at it, is wonderful. Though now, I'm almost compelled to do my usually incredibly bland looking character here. *ponders*

@Veni Hihi~ And welcome around. :D

@Archene What do you mean by this sentence: "All I can say, not long before the beginning of an RP, if not at it, is wonderful." I think I'm reading it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Archene What do you mean by this sentence: "All I can say, not long before the beginning of an RP, if not at it, is wonderful." I think I'm reading it wrong.

Something very confusing. After re-reading it many times, and drinking some coffee as it is past 4AM here, I can surely say with conviction that!

Whenever I use amnesia as a plot-device on one of my characters, it either happens at the very beginning, forcing the character to deal with it as well as with the plot, OR before the RP has begun so that through the RP he may or may not attempt to look for clues regarding who he was before losing his memories.

@Archene Amnesia is an alright plot-device, if it explains why your character's in a particular place. The particular place will be a location where everyone's character meets up.

@Archene Amnesia is an alright plot-device, if it explains why your character's in a particular place. The particular place will be a location where everyone's character meets up.

Thought of the possibility. But for now, I'm still wondering more on how he will be as a character, or at least, how he was pre-amnesia.

@Archene Yeah, I don't really have lore up yet to back everything for your character, but feel free to throw ideas, and I'll see if it can work within this setting.

Haha, where to begin! :D   It reminds me of my days playing, as your name quite represents, JRPG's!  The plot makes me feel nostalgic because it feels like a JRPG.  And the possibilities for how the story could develop are very intriguing!  Then you have the World Building.  I've always been a fan of thinking outside the box for my characters and love making my own race to play, usually typically, and overly done I know, cat people.  :3

I could go on, but I think that would be rambling by this point haha.  ^.^  @JRPG  By the way, I LOVE your avatar! :D

*raises hand* @JRPG I'm not sure you are aware, I was reading over the important dates lore and such, and where you state how many seasons are in a year you say three, but then you list 4.  :3  Just curious if there's a reason for that?

Users who are viewing this thread