ooc ❆

RIFP

I mean, if it's more comforting... From my past experience, the second time around usually has a more well-written style and clear structure. It's kinda like revising a paragraph. So... Yay for improved writing? I mean it still sucks but there's a bright-side to be seen. ✨

Wait I am an approved individual

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE *jumps so high my head goes into the roof and I'm just sorta hanging there*

Help me guys...I'm scared...

Draco, is this really the time for a dad joke

[/gently tries to pull J from the ceiling]

oh gosh i have no ideas for a character someone save me

we believe in you. BUT ALSO i'm sure everyone here would be happy to help you brainstorm! ovo

(if it helps kickstart any thoughts, we currently have more residents of the city than we do travelers that are stuck there!)

@illicit Wisp already offered assistance, but if you still don't know what kind of character to make or idea, and if you still don't have one... I'm sure everyone is willing to assist or help you! If you'd like, I can give you a list of character ideas I went through? Perhaps you'll come up with one of your own or find one you'd really like to do. Just hit me up if you'd like! 

Hello everyone, nice to meet you guys! ^v^

Hope you all are having a good day! If there's anything you guys need such as rp assistance or a small chat, I am (surprisingly) here!

@Smol Unicorn Hello there tiny majestic beast. It is nice to meet you too! 

Wheww~ Spent all day doing my family of three (with life interfering in between, darn you life!!), even though they're pre-made, I had to edit their species and stories to fit the RP better! OwO I might make Annaleisa's sister, Diana, but for now I'm happy with my trio. Hope they're to your liking, GMs! ^~^

And now - I sleep~~

1e202dae62497d99d669e2f142a250b1.gif

@Smol Unicorn Very cute profiles! When Wisp is available online then we'll start on giving some feedback for your characters.

@illicit I'm gonna throw it all in a spoiler!

Do note some that these pointers I present immediately are independent of the following ideas. Typically, these traits and aspects of character can be defined after making a character, though hell you can already decide on who you want your character to be immediately off the bat.

• Name that reflects the character's heritage. It's not necessary, but names are typically easy indicators; however, they can also be inaccurate, given that most families nowadays have been mixed with step-families, half-siblings, affairs... All that good stuff.
  • Age that fits for their background. With the given goals they have, what age are they now after accomplishing all that stuff? I do wish to note that though this roleplay has slight supernatural and fantasy, there is still realism. Some things simply can't occur even with enough magic.
  • Species should still follow supernatural and fantasy typical traits. In example, don't have a vampire who doesn't suck blood. Seriously... A vampire who doesn't suck blood isn't a vampire. The point of a vampire is to suck blood. Or your character can be a simple human that is dragged through every supernatural and magical shenanigan!
  • Gender -- male, female, nonbinary. Do what think fits the most, or what kind of character you prefer to play. Though, I see a large amount of females in the roleplay... Maybe I'm not observing properly, or miscounting, but I swear there is.
  • Orientation -- literally anything. Do what you think fits the character the most. This is an unprofessional opinion, but I do believe that gender and orientation can be influenced by a character's backstory depending on the events. Other times, people just are.

Now, I shall begin on the list of ideas off the top of my head. Some are basic, some are complex. Feel free to use these ideas as a starting ground or take them as they are! I really don't mind at all, for as long as they help in anyway. Also, you can combine the ideas, for as long as they don't contradict each-other on a non-mortal level such as species or abilities, or age perhaps. Erm... Perhaps the better word is... Individuals can have contradictions within their personality but not occupation; personalities can have minor contradictions to a degree, but facts don't. I hope that's clear.

• Visiting New York for family, an online friend, or for one's romantic/sexual/whatever interest! The person of interest visit could've gone completely wrong, and the storm isn't helping at all.
  • Someone with enough money (note: moneybags) on a trip to explore the world! Though it's probably better to make it small scale like New York. Such as sight-seeing. Also see: touring the east coast. See: my mom.
  • Pet-sitting or baby-sitting for a family/person that left for travel, but uh... Great news: they can't come back right now, or they chose to extend their vacation! You better be paid extra for this. Note: pet-sitting would be super cute ngl.
  • Ideally homesick, went to visit New York. Either enjoying or loathing it.
  • An artist (painter, cosmetologist, musician, etc.) trying to make it big in New York. Whether or not there is a struggle is up to you! Also consider: joining an artist loft or group trying to make it by in New York. Maybe it's not working out so well, or it's mediocre. 
  • Student traveling abroad. Do note that this person is ideally a college student. 
  • Someone who is eager to leave New York. However, they're stuck here due to the storm.
  • That cute/handsome/beautiful/aesthetically pleasing coffee barista that a tumblr user wrote about one time. Or twice...
  • Struggling to pay the bills for apartment, loft, house, or so on.
  • Someone assisting a shelter, whether for animals or for the homeless.
  • Recently broken up from loved one or lost a loved one.
  • A supernatural/fantasy enthusiast eager to discover and learn more. Ideally a human.
  • Recently moved to New York and rooming with one of the current characters. Do note that you will have to consult someone before deciding on who. 
  • Single parent living in New York; their child could have been from a teenage pregnancy at an early age. Probably shouldn't take this subject lightly. Also note that you probably shouldn't do it at an age like 13... Between 16 or 17 should be safe for the sake of roleplay tastes. Going too low can be very discomforting for some people despite the fact that it can technically happen.
  • That character who was only here for a meeting, such as a business one, and now their visit is officially over-stayed. Maybe they're sick of the snow and just wanna go home to their coffee machine.
  • Someone who recently just acquired their dream job but is not living the dream.
  • Someone who was supposed to meet up with a (best) friend or lover from online. When they arrive, the person never shows up. See: being "ghosted" or something like that.
  • Road-trip gone wrong. 
  • Someone taking advantage of the city in search for their next prey. Probably more fitting for a vampire, but do note there are probably a lot of real-life strings attached and therefore cannot have committed a ton of these things. Probably two at max, and is probably has been a suspect individual. No clue I mean it's an idea but not a highly recommended one. Also see: screaming edgelord. 
  • Either recently moved or making a visit to take care of their (non-human) grandparent(s). The character in this case can still be non-human.
  • Someone who's part of some kind of police force or even a vigilante kind of person trying to help humans or people from negative supernatural and non-human forces. Note that anything too big would probably get noticed and vigilantes aren't always looked kindly upon.
  • (Ex)Gang member. Do note that this is pretty touchy. Probably shouldn't do this one, but it's a thought. Also see: used to be part of a cult, group of same-species people, etc.. 
  • Visiting for a funeral or a wedding party.
  • I would write more but I'm gonna go out and attempt to buy some videogames! Maybe that can be an inspiration within itself. Sorry if nothing comes up! Do note that if you do play more than one character, the current character limit is at 2 adults and 2 children, and children must have a legal guardian.

Hey guys! I'm having problems deciding on who I want for my character. I either want a character (witch) with like a artistic serial-killer side (in which I would I give her manipulation of shadows and light) or a normal person (jk witch) with ice abilities... someone help me >.<

Hey guys! I'm having problems deciding on who I want for my character. I either want a character (witch) with like a artistic serial-killer side (in which I would I give her manipulation of shadows and light) or a normal person (jk witch) with ice abilities... someone help me >.<

A witch with ice powers sounds cool tbh :DDD

@Shmivian wheezes. I am a super sucker for magic-users (witches, warlocks, wizards -- oh my! I love magicians and sorcerers and... I can go on okay). However I think a witch with ice manipulation would be better. I can give you my in-depth reason as to why, but shadow and light manipulation can be hard to judge and I think some characters already have that (one has shadow and another light, at least if I can recall correctly without double checking). So, the ice would be a nice variation in the world!

@Shmivian wheezes. I am a super sucker for magic-users (witches, warlocks, wizards -- oh my! I love magicians and sorcerers and... I can go on okay). However I think a witch with ice manipulation would be better. I can give you my in-depth reason as to why, but shadow and light manipulation can be hard to judge and I think some characters already have that (one has shadow and another light, at least if I can recall correctly without double checking). So, the ice would be a nice variation in the world!

alright! ice witch/sorcerer it is!

@Shmivian Pst. If you did them as a sorcerer, that'd be awesome! Do note that sorcerer would not be her species though, and sorcerer shouldn't be interchangeable with witch, wizard, magician, spellcaster, warlock, and uh... any other kind of caster-title. 'Tis all!

also bc liz the witch, alex the idk what kind of caster she is honestly maybe wizard or magician, and like... your character the sorcerer? pls i'm A SUCKER FOR MAGICAL GIRLS.

@Shmivian Pst. If you did them as a sorcerer, that'd be awesome! Do note that sorcerer would not be her species though, and sorcerer shouldn't be interchangeable with witch, wizard, magician, spellcaster, warlock, and uh... any other kind of caster-title. 'Tis all!

also bc liz the witch, alex the idk what kind of caster she is honestly maybe wizard or magician, and like... your character the sorcerer? pls i'm A SUCKER FOR MAGICAL GIRLS.

i mean i could always make someone who sells her soul to some animal thing for magic powers 

sounds good, so a human sorcerer

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO CHILDREN, I AM HOME.

i need to make myself dinner, and then once those sweet, sweet carbs kick in, i'll look over profiles! thankfully, Draco has been online & available in my absence

i also may be pretty absent tomorrow (and tonight), but i'm glad to see everything moving forward smoothly! ^o^

@JPax mmm yes, good, an eager roleplayer...

I'd like to see us starting soon, though I'd also rather not rush anyone on their profiles! once everyone here is at least on track with getting their characters in, if not already with their characters in, I think we can really pinpoint a start date!

of course, I'll be discussing this with Draco (and then we'll take a vote with you guys) to figure out what everyone is feeling on the matter, since I don't want to leave anyone out when we do start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back