Smol Unicorn
Hollycrest

nay ;
Safety Hammer
FireMaiden
Shmivian
Salex The Baldie

Last edited:
Very nice. You can post the link to the HP in your interest check now, yeah?

ooh, yeah!! I just sent out invites, but linking it in there's a good idea, too! >v<

can't believe that didn't cross my mind, tysm

I figure once we get a feel for characters & the size of the group (since perhaps not everyone is still interested), then we can figure out how many more people we can bring in o:

edit ; I also probably could've saved myself some time by just posting the link in the interest check, whoops.

@JPax hello!! ovo

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wisp Would a character with wings be too much? don't worry I'll use realistic flight physics & it's not going to be like flying ALL the time, just like...kind of like a bird I guess? except it takes more to fly. especially in snow storms it might be a bit obsolete too. but hey there are wings xD

having a large debate in my head whether or not i could make my character human or something supernatural... 

Kekeke, are animals allowed? Nothing too obnoxious, I swear. I'm thinking a mouse. :l

@JPax hmm, it's just, for wings that would allow a human to fly, they'll have to be huge & are probably very heavy - in a city, wings are probably more likely to get in the way than anything else.

(especially since the weather, while better inside the city limits, is still not desirable flight conditions, even for birds & such)

@Miss Obsess you could do both? ovo

my answer is always both, I'm so sorry

@Ambela absolutely!! pets are totally fine and i love mice

people just probably wouldn't have anything too large if they live in the city, though there would also be some restrictions for people traveling with animals, too.

I'll try to have a character up soon. I have characters and posts for a few other roleplays, but whenever I'm done with them, I'll get to work.

right now, there's no rush on getting characters done! mine aren't even - and Draco is still finishing theirs, too.

so you guys can take your time & such, though Draco and I are hoping to get ours done soon since we should've already been done, haha.

@Wisp

help

I kind of settled on wings

can my characters have them pretty please?

It's just that's what my mind clicks on when it comes down to supernatural/fantasy

still help ;-;

I'm open to changing it if it absolutely doesn't work out.

I've been dying from anxiety up until this point. Hello everyone. I probably come off that one lurking co-GM who's existence was questionable. sorry wisp

I guess I just came in to say that I too exist. (laughs) (just a little bit. i exist a little bit)

Hope you all are doing well and if you guys have any questions I am present to answer. Just as much as Wisp, but never mind that part...

@JPax honestly there's 0 things against your character(s) having wings, as long as you can make them work out in a city setting!

like I said, mostly it's just that they're big & heavy, so how they maneuver in the city (outdoors & indoors) is all that really needs to be kept in mind!

(I'm gonna feel so bad that they can't fly around, though :C the weather's bad initially but not too bad, so maybe they can get in some flying time before the storm really picks up!)

I'm pretty sure that anyone who has wings will be strong enough to carry them, though they may also have a more avian physiology? you won't really have to elaborate on that, though.

@Dracogenius <3

@JPax honestly there's 0 things against your character(s) having wings, as long as you can make them work out in a city setting!

like I said, mostly it's just that they're big & heavy, so how they maneuver in the city (outdoors & indoors) is all that really needs to be kept in mind!

(I'm gonna feel so bad that they can't fly around, though :C the weather's bad initially but not too bad, so maybe they can get in some flying time before the storm really picks up!)

I'm pretty sure that anyone who has wings will be strong enough to carry them, though they may also have a more avian physiology? you won't really have to elaborate on that, though.

no i'm one of those people that feel the absolute need to explain EVERYTHING. so what I was thinking is that the wings are quite similar to limbs. It won't be awkward because they can be quite easily folded, and wings are actually quite light for their sizes. the only reason they'd have to be strong is to sustain flight, but then wings could really break in a storm.

Besides, wings have other uses too I guess? :P

no i'm one of those people that feel the absolute need to explain EVERYTHING. so what I was thinking is that the wings are quite similar to limbs. It won't be awkward because they can be quite easily folded, and wings are actually quite light for their sizes. the only reason they'd have to be strong is to sustain flight, but then wings could really break in a storm.

Besides, wings have other uses too I guess? :P

my immediate thought on wings jumped to Angel/Archangel from X-Men, myself ;

Archangel's primary power is that of natural flight, due to his large feathered wings. His wings have superhuman strength, and they have a very flexible skeletal structure that enables him to press them to the back of his torso and legs with only the slightest bulge visible under his clothing. His bones are hollow, his body processes food more efficiently than a normal human body and does not store any excess fat, and he possesses a greater proportionate muscle mass than normal. As a result, his strength, speed, agility, flexibility, endurance, reflexes, coordination, balance, eyesight and hearing are at their peak. Elements of his anatomy are comparable to those of birds, especially birds of prey. His eyes can withstand high-speed winds which would damage the average human eye. He can breathe at high velocities or altitudes, [...]

(copied straight from wiki, since that was easier, haha) while I wouldn't recommend the wings having superhuman strength, or having hollow bones (a misconception about birds, they only have some additional structure & support provided by hollow bones, and most of their bones are lightweight but strong), or having basically everything at its peak (as the excerpt says), some of the stuff might help?
depending on how/why they have the wings, they may be able to (painfully, I'd imagine) withdraw them into their form with little to show for it, likely only in their torso & not their legs, and they'd probably have a greater proportionate muscle mass to account for the strength & size of their wings, as well as their ability to utilize those wings without more strain on their body. of course, more muscle means more weight, so the wings (though their bones will be light) will probably still weigh quite a bit. and the last part about the eyes and the lungs would make sense, too.

edit ; definitely need to know the how/why of the wings, though - I'd imagine they aren't human?

my immediate thought on wings jumped to Angel/Archangel from X-Men, myself ;

Archangel's primary power is that of natural flight, due to his large feathered wings. His wings have superhuman strength, and they have a very flexible skeletal structure that enables him to press them to the back of his torso and legs with only the slightest bulge visible under his clothing. His bones are hollow, his body processes food more efficiently than a normal human body and does not store any excess fat, and he possesses a greater proportionate muscle mass than normal. As a result, his strength, speed, agility, flexibility, endurance, reflexes, coordination, balance, eyesight and hearing are at their peak. Elements of his anatomy are comparable to those of birds, especially birds of prey. His eyes can withstand high-speed winds which would damage the average human eye. He can breathe at high velocities or altitudes, [...]

(copied straight from wiki, since that was easier, haha) while I wouldn't recommend the wings having superhuman strength, or having hollow bones (a misconception about birds, they only have some additional structure & support provided by hollow bones, and most of their bones are lightweight but strong), or having basically everything at its peak (as the excerpt says), some of the stuff might help?
depending on how/why they have the wings, they may be able to (painfully, I'd imagine) withdraw them into their form with little to show for it, likely only in their torso & not their legs, and they'd probably have a greater proportionate muscle mass to account for the strength & size of their wings, as well as their ability to utilize those wings without more strain on their body. of course, more muscle means more weight, so the wings (though their bones will be light) will probably still weigh quite a bit. and the last part about the eyes and the lungs would make sense, too.

edit ; definitely need to know the how/why of the wings, though - I'd imagine they aren't human?

Yeah, I'd imagine something like that but without the whole steel structure thing. 

I guess they aren't human. I would go the whole 'fallen angel' route but then again I'll probably get a lot of hate. It's been a long time since I've made a generic character like this, so I figured I'll just say they're something like a human-angel hybrid? No crazy angel powers (may change?) but they kept the wings and the strength to fly, as well as the necessary adaptations to sustain that flight. 

This is just my head running its thoughts anyways, I don't think I should think about it this much xD

Yeah, I'd imagine something like that but without the whole steel structure thing. 

I guess they aren't human. I would go the whole 'fallen angel' route but then again I'll probably get a lot of hate. It's been a long time since I've made a generic character like this, so I figured I'll just say they're something like a human-angel hybrid? No crazy angel powers (may change?) but they kept the wings and the strength to fly, as well as the necessary adaptations to sustain that flight. 

This is just my head running its thoughts anyways, I don't think I should think about it this much xD

yeah, Warren didn't initially have the steel structure, but I get what you're saying.

to be honest, I've been considering an angel character myself, though they're certainly not fallen. an angel doesn't necessarily need to have been cast out from where they came from to be on Earth, either. (plus, I wouldn't put it past angels to be able to hide their wiings)

as for "crazy angel powers", what do you mean? I'm not exactly following what a human-angel hybrid would entail, but if you want to avoid angels altogether, you could use a more magical route for obtaining wings, such as a spell that stuck, whether it was supposed to or not.

edit ; I overthink everything, so no big deal LOL

yeah, Warren didn't initially have the steel structure, but I get what you're saying.

to be honest, I've been considering an angel character myself, though they're certainly not fallen. an angel doesn't necessarily need to have been cast out from where they came from to be on Earth, either. (plus, I wouldn't put it past angels to be able to hide their wiings)

as for "crazy angel powers", what do you mean? I'm not exactly following what a human-angel hybrid would entail, but if you want to avoid angels altogether, you could use a more magical route for obtaining wings, such as a spell that stuck, whether it was supposed to or not.

no I dislike magic. I'm going to just go with an angel then. Crazy angel powers meaning sort of defensive abilities. manipulating the wind (to some extent only, mostly to aid flight. Definitely can-NOT stop a storm), hyperactive mind, that kind of stuff. (can i have that stuff?! :D)

Users who are viewing this thread