ooc ❆

yay i'm so excited for this! sadly i'm not able to start on my characters until after classes tomorrow - but i shall return! ;u; thanks to the two of you for putting this together!

Hi hi, yesterday was such a busy day for me so that explains this late reply. I will try to have my character up asap, it might be up today otherwise tomorrow because of my field hockey training.

@Wisp I'm sort of done with the characters C:

I guess I should include the guardian part but then again, angel...human...ehh....actually should I? Is it required? 

IN LIGHT OF RECENT DISCUSSION, IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT I DID A WHOOPS.

that is, I didn't put "abilities" on the character sheet, and am now rectifying that. if your character has no fantasy or supernatural abilities or origin, then the line doesn't matter.

@rhysu@zeroinspo welcome!! no rush on characters, I assure you! we've only just gotten all put together, so don't worry about it!

@JPax Ariel is specifically a guardian angel, but yours doesn't have to be. angels have different jobs, just as anyone else does. I'm gonna move over to the character feedback thread, by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm late for the party and you're welcome @Wispmaybe i should've made the skeleton

@JPax That kind of stuff -- the abilities you were talking about -- seems like a basket of all different kinds of fruits. Perhaps focus more on a scope of one or two major things would be a good idea? (I suppose this isn't a thing I should merely ping you with, but give the idea to everyone... Just something nice to keep in mind.) So, maybe not a full array of defensive abilities and whatever hyperactive mind means, but rather just particular defensive abilities? You would also have to define what that is, considering that I see it as barriers and wards, but someone can see it as something totally different. At least that's what I would think. Do also consider the rules; we don't want anything too OP, but will gladly work with you to find a nice middle ground. I suppose this sums up a 'no' on crazy angel abilities, but that doesn't stop your character from doing some cool things. Those things just won't be making a cross country run through every category imaginable. 

@rhysu No rush or pressure! I'm excited as well. I cannot wait to see all the kinds of characters we'll have!

@zeroinspo 'Tis long as you don't stress yourself out too much! Like I said previously, no rush or pressure. 

@Dracogenius I know, it's just that I wanted to make sure this didn't have those crazy angels. The only powers I'll put in is force fields (barriers) and slightly enhanced strength (nothing too crazy heh)

oh. and the barriers, they can't really block anything. they just block very weak physical attacks, like an angry toddler waddling at full speed with a full diaper will bounce off the barrier. A strong punch will break through it like ice. 

@JPax I understand. Now that your profile is up we can carry this over to the feedback, though I think Wisp is beating me to the punch on that. 

@Dracogenius pls if you had made the skeleton, there wouldn't be things missing that should've been there, I am suffering

I feel bad for people who have already started on their characters and now I've gone and added another line to the character sheet w e e p s

sorry me thinks I'm going to drop out, I've got a deadline for school that I didn't realise, best of luck x

So, just to clarify, if you're a supernatural creature is it just you're keeping a secret from everyone or you could be throwing fireballs down the street and people would be like witches these days

So, just to clarify, if you're a supernatural creature is it just you're keeping a secret from everyone or you could be throwing fireballs down the street and people would be like witches these days

Witch or not I think that's like firing a gun in the middle of the streets in the first place... 

huff, okay so, here for a moment but then I have to go, since the leak detector will be here soon! curse this house for its mysterious flooding

while supernatural & fantasy phenomena and species aren't necessarily a secret, think of it like you would anything else. if it's normal to see someone walking around with say, pointed ears, then that's cool. you just keep walking. but bring in something more violent, or frightening - like your fireball example - and people are going to freak out. not everyone is accustomed to all manners of magic and such, and there's going to be stereotyping among different species and shows of magic, too. for the most part, though, it's a personal choice whether or not someone wants to pass off as human, or just go about their business as they are. sometimes it's a preference, sometimes it's a matter of convenience, and sometimes it's a matter of safety. (example ; Ariel chooses to present themselves as human, though they don't have to. in the city, it helps - wings are more likely to get in the way.)

Last edited by a moderator:
anyway, @JPax I'll get back to you once the leak detector has left, as well as anyone else who has questions or anything when I get back!

I think there was also another completed profile to go over from someone else? but I'll wait for Draco to get online so we can go over it together.

also, when I'm back, I can update the reference thread - the questions you guys ask help me know what to put together for everyone's reference!

i'm sorry guys but I have a bit too much on my plate recently, i'm afraid I have to drop out. Really sorry!

I just finished writing my character sheet but when i pressed save nothing but the tags changed... i swear if it doesn't fix itself....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back