OOC Thread

Whew. Isilme's completely done (I think).

Had particular fun writing up her Great Horned Owl form. :D
Excellent. Give me a moment to look her over and I'll start a post to get you into the game.

Yeah, should probably make sure the half-insane all-territorial Lunar is good to go before bringing snacks, I mean guests aboard. :D

In other news, Isilme's Great Horned Owl started with this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, make the eyes glow green flame, make the feathers made out of steel and sharp enough to slice armor and make the Great Owl about four times larger relative to the human and...

Needless to say, she's not trying to be hostile but her travel form is very much built in a way to discourage anyone from tussling with her.

Now, consider that Ash's First Age boyfriend looks like this:

1524870605152.png

I think we can conclude that Ash has a type. ;)

Greetings again and sincere apologies to all of you for my extended absence. I managed to fend off the encroaching cold (the weather getting significantly better might also have to do something with it) but the last couple of weeks were pretty hectic work-wise.

The pressure and workload still has not lessened considerably - only my own anxiety, as I'm picking up the pace and getting the hang of it.

Truth is I should have contacted you all sooner but unfortunately failed to do so. I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue. I'll give it a read to see how far behind I've been left - during the weekend - but I'm afraid that I might not have the time and focus required to do so, hence I apologise in advance if I end up putting my character back into hibernation / extended reserach into some sorcerous working in Titan's chambers etc.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and a late welcome from my part to the group's new Lunar exalt. :)

Ebon_Arbiter Ebon_Arbiter No worries! As a working professional whose job peaks every 2 months, I'm no stranger to the pain of a workload, along with the pain of a 2 year old on top of it. ;)

If you can manage playing (and doing so adds to your enjoyment of life rather than taking away), I'd love the chance to game with you. If not, Sherwood's been incredibly understanding of my schedule and I imagine he'd be so with you too. Either way, do what you need to.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi, I hope it's okay for me to post here. I'm working my way through the backlog and everyone's character sheets in order to refine an idea for an Eclipse.

Would be fun to play with you again. :D Just pitch to Sherwood and he can work something out with you, like he did with me.

More new faces! We may have ourselves a Full Circle soon.

Technically I'm an old face that came back after a few years' absence, but thanks for the welcome! I used to play with Sherwood and Esbilon on here, and I played with Epiphany on a succession of Exalted chat games back....hoo, a while ago.

Apologies for the double-post, but I had some questions to float by you, Sherwood Sherwood . I've tried pming you, but never really had a response, so....um.

1) How much of a problem would being a socially/systems-focused Eclipse be? I worry that it would leave the character a terrible fit with the combatative/adventurer orientation of the group as a whole, so far.

Apologies for the double-post, but I had some questions to float by you, Sherwood Sherwood . I've tried pming you, but never really had a response, so....um.

1) How much of a problem would being a socially/systems-focused Eclipse be? I worry that it would leave the character a terrible fit with the combatative/adventurer orientation of the group as a whole, so far.
That's strange. . . I don't see a PM from you in my list. Huh. Well, I'll be happy to work with you either here, or in the PM.

So far, the group has had only one real fight, and depending on how you guys continue your path forward, someone that is more social than martial would work out. I would still suggest that you have at least a few combat-based Charms, just to help ensure you are able to hold your own in any future engagements.

When I say socially-oriented, I don't mean faux-Zenith. I mean Eclipse-style, societally-aimed stuff. Bureaucracy, Linguistics, Socialize. Larger scale. One of the ideas I'd had was that the character was one of the big economic/bureaucratic movers and shakers. Like...one of the people who oversaw/underwrote the Order Conferring Trade Pattern type.

EDIT: Also, because it's one of my favorite things, I feel compelled to ask about the character having utilized the Eclipse power to have learned non-Solar charms.

Last edited:
We have Khutulun and the New Model Solar Army, and a Zenith with a humongous mecha, and a Directional Titan. I think we're covered on the combat area. But as we get our giant city in the sky up and running, somebody with administrative and financial skills would be invaluable.

More like a reuse of an epithet. Other than their mutual affinity for Yu-Shan, Isilme and Cyis Sari are wholly different characters. You have a fantastic memory for my Exalted novels!

Apropos of nothing, I told my fiancee about this game and showed her my character sheet. She keeps asking when the "Bender automaton" is going to show up. I guess we'd better get Ash down to the ground soon... ;)

With 3e out, I've really been battling the temptation to update/rewrite them. 10 years later, I've learned a lot as a writer and especially my earliest work is pretty damn weak (Xilanada, even Righteous Steel). No clue if there's any audience for Exalted fanfiction anymore, though. The Freedom Stone had hundreds/thousands of visitors in its day, with some of my chapters getting 10k+ page views. But it's long been dormant and the Onyx Path forums have just one forum for everything, which is an awful awful place to put stories. Bah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back