OOC Thread

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
We can bring our musings and conversations here as we get ready for the game to start.

Woo!

Regardless of whether I'm going iron fist (Dawn) or velvet glove (Eclipse), I'm probably going to be grabbing some Wyld Shaping.

Are you planning on us waking up in Rathess this time around, or somewhere else?

I have a special place in my heart for Rathess, but I may go ahead and go with another part of Creation since I did that old ruin last time.

Don't get me wrong, Rathess is great. I'm just checking and teasing ;)

If you want somewhere else, inside Mount Metagalapa, Luthe or the ruins of Meru might make sense.

There are a lot of potential locations that would work across Creation. Lots of options for me to ponder.

Ruins of Meru could be a little problematic...unless we like the thought of fighting the whole Realm and entire Bronze Faction within our first week... ^;3^

Well, I was thinking the others might not be enough of a challenge ;)

Have you given thought to your character yet, Arynne Arynne ?

Mechs are cool, nordic-inspired lunars are cool, I think you'll be ok ;)

I'm gonna make a new character for this one, though if I go the Eclipse-way, I'll have a rather large capability-overlap with Rose.

I was thinking of picking up Wyld Shaping myself, actually, just to have the full compliment of "swiss army knife twilight" package. Debating either that or crafting, maybe both.

Wyld Shaping is on my list as well, but I'm not bound to it, so if you have the charm slots it takes, go right ahead.

Based on the current showing, I'm leaning towards a Dawn Caste. We should really have a proper general if we want to make an impact. You know what they say, "you can get more of what you want with a kind word and an army, than you can with just a kind word."

I think I'd like to go with Ash...First Age creation rules might let me give her that wacky supporting cast (she has a robot! she has a monkey! They fight crime!) I've always wanted. ^;3^

Sounds like we have a good bit of crafting/sorcery and our general, so I'm currently on the fence between an assassin/jokester type character (think Shaco, but less crazy) or a martial artist of some kind, which does raise one question: How would you convert various weapons from normal size to warstrider size? A plan I have going hinges on how that plays out, so I'm wondering how that would work. The weapon in question is a wrackstaff.

EDIT: Second question: Is there a maximum essence cap?

I... sigh. I think I might have to bow out. I always get excited to play Exalted and I always forget how much I detest the rules these days.

Sorry guys. Hope you have a lot of fun, though.

Sounds like we have a good bit of crafting/sorcery and our general, so I'm currently on the fence between an assassin/jokester type character (think Shaco, but less crazy) or a martial artist of some kind, which does raise one question: How would you convert various weapons from normal size to warstrider size? A plan I have going hinges on how that plays out, so I'm wondering how that would work. The weapon in question is a wrackstaff.

EDIT: Second question: Is there a maximum essence cap?
I think that in Wonders of the Lost Age they have stats on a Warstrider sized Wrackstaff. If not, I'll give you some numbers to use.

Max Essence for this is 7 if you apply all of your bonus points into it.

I... sigh. I think I might have to bow out. I always get excited to play Exalted and I always forget how much I detest the rules these days.

Sorry guys. Hope you have a lot of fun, though.
Sorry to hear that you are pulling out, but I understand. If you change your mind and decide to join us once more, a spot will be waiting for you.

Well, it seems the situation is rather different from what it was when I went to bed...

With JayTee out, the arch-sorceror spot opens up, and with Ash and Justiniaus, we have both an Eclipse and a fighter. To say nothing of Weiss's combat skills. Perhaps I'll go with a teacher and general improver of humanity. I probably won't have anything concrete before the weekend, though.

There is no hurry to get a character done up. I don't have a specific start date lined up, so you can take your time to make sure you have a good write-up and let everyone coordinate their sheets.

Well, with JayTee deciding not to continue with us, I don't have a PC Solar Bond anymore. Is there a kindly Solar out there that would like me as their Lunar, or should I remove the points I put into Solar Bond and get some other Background?

Users who are viewing this thread