OOC Thread

Real Life has been pretty brutal this week, so it will take me a little bit of time to be able to put my head back into gaming mode. Updates will be forthcoming, just in a little bit.

Thanks for the support. Some stuff has gone down that has caused my wife and I to go and hire a lawyer to petition the courts for full custody of my four year old niece. It has really gotten us all worked up, trying to do what we can to help protect my little monkey. I'm finally feeling a bit better, and will have posts up in my games soon.

Hey guys, sorry about the long absence, and a bit about the confrontational nature of that last post. I just thought someone should be the voice of dissent around here, and it might as well be Khutulun ;)

No worries about the confrontational tone and post. :)

If no one challenges our thoughts/beliefs/actions, we might neglect to examine, improve and change them if need be.

Everything is going well. I am about to open up the second thread for this, advancing the story forward a few weeks to give everyone time to get ready to make contact with the people on the outer hull of the Titan. With that will come another XP bonus.

I'm thinking of going with the Charm New Friend Aroma to help us be all nice and friendly with our introductions to the locals.

Due to he unfortunate inactivity of our Eclipse (and potentially more socially adept) comrade, Nagao may attempt to spread his XP towards social competency as well, to support the group's position in that field. :)

Thought initially of acquiring Respect Commanding Attitude (which I can afford both in terms of XP and in terms of ability minimum prerequisites) which will also provide me with a Performance excellency and later on I think of acquiring a Presence excellency etc.

As always open to discussion and suggestions. :)

Ash will also probably increase her Performance and Presence Charms, as she comes to (however reluctantly) embrace the role of her caste. But she's more likely to focus on Charms that empower other people than ones that use UMI.

Sherwood Sherwood How do you feel about this Custom Charm?

Beloved Sons Countenance
Cost
: -
Mins: War 3, Essence 5
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: One Week
Prerequisite Charms: Tiger Warrior Training Technique

The Thousand Correct Actions of the Upright Soldier says "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death." Taking this lesson to heart, the Solar trains not only the sword-arms of his troops, but also their hearts. A Solar who knows this Charm counts a week of training with Tiger-Warrior Training Technique as a Scene for the purposes of building an Intimacy of Loyalty towards the Solar. The recruits can refuse this Intimacy, but doing so also bars them from benefiting from the Training effect.

If the Solar also knows Celestial Tiger Edification, and uses its power to Enlighten the soldiers' Essence, the Intimacy becomes supernaturally backed and cannot be broken without a Charm.

You guys are super cool Solars and Lunars from the First Age, embarking upon an epic quest to restore Creation to its former glory! Why the hell not allow that Charm? Lets go for it!

Regarding the potential training of the local population by our group, if I'm not mistaken, Khutulun can handle the combat section (Weiss too perhaps, since if I recall correctly Lunars have also access to combat and animal training charms, plus society strengthening ones) and Ash the "general education" one.

Just wanted to ask you, though - especially Arynne (since we'd be overlapping in that area) - if you think it would be necessary or beneficial for the group's effort to have my character begin investing in the appropriate Lore charms as well (Harmonious Academic Methodology - Legendary Scholar Curicullum -Terrestrial Edification Program) to speed things up by training different traits at the same time etc.

Also, in case I'm forgetting some other form of population training with specific mechanical support (i.e. expressed and backed by charms and specific effects, not merely narrative one) that could be useful in our case, point it out and I'll look it up as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Haven't had any activity in a bit; going to move the story forward.

He'll also let Ash know, in private, that he could not discern any spirits in this place so far, through his Essence sight.

(snip)

Ash doesn't find much in the way of any desire on the part of the locals to perform any mining into the mountain. The few times that this was attempted they found just ordinary rock and dirt.

1518984592024.png

Just about ready to bump the story forward again.

There's no limit to the number of people who can be affected by Tiger Warrior Training Technique, but they have to be a unit. So I could do drills with the entire army at once, but not with three independent units if that makes sense.

So, the question then goes to just how many people you'd like train, and what stat/skill you wish to give them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back