OOC Thread

Sorcery might be useful for the group's adventure (besides combat since Esbilon is also adept in combat related spells).
Khutulun's sorcery is not actually useful in combat. It's useful in war, which is a different beast altogether. If you want to go for stuff like Flight of the Brilliant Raptor or Rain of Doom, you will not be stepping on my toes at all.

If I might ask, a clarification regarding Backgrounds and the acquisition of artifacts: Do we use the Artifact background as normal or others (Arsenal, Panoply etc) from DotFA?

Thank you for clarifying that. :)

Also, regarding Sorcery, I was considering the options of defense - countermagic and was not sure if taking both Magic Shattering Strike (from DotFA LooC 74) and the 3 relevant countermagic spells would be redundant. If I understand it well, the latter can also be used proactively to shield oneself from any spells directed at him until his next action, but the former is cheaper in terms of mote expenditure and can also give back motes if it succeeds, but requires an activation roll / attack therefore might be fallible?

Our PCs are pretty much assumed to have access to any generic artifact covered by our Arsenal and Panoply ratings, if it would make sense for our characters. We can have Background x 3 dots of artifacts on us at any one time. Unique/customized artifacts, or ones more powerful than our Arsenal/Panoply rating, are covered by Artifact.

Martial Arts is one area where you don't have to worry about being redundant, considering how many styles there are!

I'll let my more mechanically-adept brethren speak to Charm vs. spell efficiency, but do recall that every redundancy means one less free slot...

Consider: Weiss and Ash are both martial artists, but while Weiss practices a form that uses spears and polearms, Ash's involves flamethrowers.

Because: Exalted!

I do believe that my character is almost done and hopefully I haven't overlooked any major points. Still need to finalize my full artifact/equipment selection plus a few more things (and decide on whether to keep a couple of charms) but I do believe he's mostly complete.

If there's any blatantly obvious mistake, please let me know and I'll fix it asap.

Thank you. :)

Cool. Let me take a quick look at your sheet, and then you can start to post in the IC thread while you finalize your equipment.

Thank you :)
Fixed a couple more things today as well. Awaiting your green light / introduction to the thread or the request to fix/alter anything that needs to be adjusted in my character sheet.

As a sidenote, you can freely alter my Mentor and Sifu identity to better suit your story/plot needs. :)

I didn't see anything that jumped off the screen at me that would be a problem, so at this point, you are set to begin posting in the IC thread. I've been waiting to proceed too far until you were ready.

Thank you.

Is my character supposed to have been in the same sleeping chamber as the rest (and still in stasis for some reason) or somewhere else inside the Titan? (so that I know from where to start up)

You were in the same chamber with the rest. Since the game is still in its starting scene, we are going to say that you were there from the start, and everyone knows you as a part of the plan. You could have been investigating different parts of the Titan while the other PCs were in the control room and power core.

You were in the same chamber with the rest. Since the game is still in its starting scene, we are going to say that you were there from the start, and everyone knows you as a part of the plan. You could have been investigating different parts of the Titan while the other PCs were in the control room and power core.

Alright then. Thank you for clarifying that.

BTW, Ebon_Arbiter Ebon_Arbiter I love the pic for your character. Its great.

Thank you. :)

I was browsing various pictures in Pinterest the other day and this one somehow struck me as quite fitting for this particular character. I'm glad you like it. :)

Sherwood Sherwood Elemental summoning takes 6 hours per elemental, so I'm just calling up one at a time. Unless there's something in the room that boosts this.

Sherwood Sherwood Elemental summoning takes 6 hours per elemental, so I'm just calling up one at a time. Unless there's something in the room that boosts this.

Wasn't that a 4-hour ritual according to Exalted core (and approximately 6 hours [sundown till midnight] for the demon summoning) ? Did they change it at some point? It's been quite some time since I last read up on Exalted, so I could be wrong.

You may be right. I'm at my mother's for Christmas, and don't have the rulebooks on this laptop, so I can't actually check. In any case, it doesn't change the central point that I can summon one every so many hours and will want to review the situation once the first one has been summoned.

According to the book, its a four hour ritual to summon an elemental, and the ceremony doesn't have to end at midnight. That requirement is only for a demon.

Just to let you know, I have started an Xp thread for all the awards to be put in, located in the Character's tab. Your first xp award is there waiting for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back