OOC Thread

I feel like Ash is probably the youngest Exalt there, just under the century mark. The others probably treat her as the kid.

And our E7 character of Justinain will be the oldest, but no more than say, seven or eight hundred years old. Everyone else is going to be somewhere in the middle.

Sure, and if I recall correctly, you'll be a little bit older than your Solar Bond of Khutulun, so make sure you touch base with him on that.

Hmmm. As I ponder it, I may up the age to around 500, to make sure I hit that 'older than my Bond' mark.

So long as you both are good with your posted ages, that will work for me.

What equipment does Ash have to start out with? I don't see any listed on your sheet except for Thunder.

Added equipment list (not all of which she will carry around with her at all times, obviously, but at minimum she can be assumed to have brought this stuff with her).

Just sayin', if I were to go the 'Full Moon combat death machine' route, I'd totally get a set of Perfected Kata Bracers. That would make for some ungodly numbers in combat.

Psychie Psychie the age difference aside, what do you see Weiss's and Kthulun's relationship being like? And with the age difference, do you have any thoughts on Weiss's relationship with the previous owner of this particular Solar Exaltation?

I can see the previous Exalt to hold her bond to be a wise old Solar taking an impressionable young Lunar under his arm to teach her the ways of life in Meru, very much a father figure to her. So when he dies, Weiss would be both resentful of you for 'trying to take his place' and wanting to be as good of a teacher to you as her old Solar was to her.

From a quick examination, it appears that everyone but UnassumingBoxCat UnassumingBoxCat have their characters done. If possible, I would like to start putting up IC posts by Monday, but if you need more time, don't feel rushed. I am just interested in getting the game started, and I don't want to lose my excitement for it by waiting too long.

Any questions or concerns that you have that I can help out with?

Sorry, I'm not quite done yet, and I'm afraid I won't be able to access my books and take the time to finish up properly this weekend. I'll see what I can do without them, but would it be OK if I tweak things in the first week or so?

Have you settled where the story will be set? That will help decide where Ash is from and where her manse is located.

Oh, and I've been talking with my girlfriend. She says Model XZ2000 absolutely has to have been wandering Creation for 1500+ years, and have developed a personality identical to Bender's. I tried to tell her Bender is an Alchemical in the Exalted 'verse, but she will not be budged.

Have you settled where the story will be set? That will help decide where Ash is from and where her manse is located.
It will be in the East, either in the Titan that makes Mount Metagalapa or in Rathess.
Sorry, I'm not quite done yet, and I'm afraid I won't be able to access my books and take the time to finish up properly this weekend. I'll see what I can do without them, but would it be OK if I tweak things in the first week or so?
I'm not going to be throwing you into combat the first few posts (unless you guys go nuts and jump into a fight that I'm not expecting) so you should have time to finish up your sheet without a problem.

Oooh, go with Scattered Petals of the Thousand-Toothed Blossom.

I just had the idea to make Ash's former principality Carnelian Peak, once the capital of Rokan-Jin (hey, the book doesn't say it's a First Age city, but it doesn't say it isn't, either)--

298ab852cd73bf4cc931b56a302db1b1--watch-castle-fantasy-landscape.jpg

--a country now totally wrecked by the Bull of the North. Boo! The city is in ruins, and infested with ghosts...and its people's main priority (after, y'know, not starving to death) is capturing slaves to restock their chalcedony mines. Somewhere inside the mountain called Sun's Sword is Ash's dormant factory-cathedral, but can she get past the hungry ghosts and the equally hungry living?

And if she reestablishes control of her old domain, will that bring her into conflict with the Linowan and/or the Bull of the North?

Last edited:
Hey Sherwood, when you've got the time, I was wondering how you'd feel about these Charms:

Best Man for the Job
  • Cost: 6M (1 Committed), 1W; Minimum: Presence 2, Essence 2; Type: Simple
  • Keywords: Enlightening.
  • Duration: Duration of commitment.
  • Prerequisite Charms: None.
  • Effect: Whether they select for greatness or inspire it, an Exalt with this charm has the knack of selecting personnel for the job. Whoever they wind up hiring for, or assigning to, a particular task will almost certainly prove to be an excellent choice – and will come through for them if at all possible.
    • As long as the user keeps a mote committed to the chosen individual, he or she is treated as a Heroic Mortal if they weren’t already and gains a Destiny Background (focused on success at their assigned job) equal to the user’s Essence. A character may inspire no more than (sum of virtues) such agents at any one time.

Tail of the Comet

• Cost: —; Minimum: Presence 3, Essence 3; Type: Permanent.
  • Duration: Permanent.
  • Prerequisite Charms: Best Man for the Job.
  • Effect: The Solar Exalted draw friends and allies of distinction about them as a comet trails it’s banner of light – and such characters are drawn into greatness after their Exalted companion, whether they will or not.
    • The user may select up to (Charisma + 2) un-Exalted, characters with Essence scores and experience point totals of no more than one-half the user’s. Each gains immediate access to the benefits of +1 to their effective essence and (10 + ½ the user’s total) experience points – which may be spent with no need for training time. Normal mortals immediately become heroic mortals. These benefits persist until the target dies, is utterly transformed, or – if the target has turned against the user – until the next Calibration. Lost companions or treacherous companions may be replaced one month after their benefits cease to apply. If the granting solar dies, his or her companions retain their enhancements permanently.

Shards of Glory

• Cost: —; Minimum: Presence 4, Essence 4; Type: Permanent.
  • Duration: Permanent.
  • Prerequisite Charms: Tail of the Comet.
  • Effect: The user’s companions find that, as their strengths are enhanced by that of the Exalted that they accompany or serve, so are the strengths of their equipment; in their hands, normal items behave as if they were enchanted.
    • Each character affected by Tail of the Comet also gains the ability to cause common objects to act at the equivalent of (user’s Essence/2, rounded down) dots of artifacts. Thus, for a warrior with an Essence-6 solar patron, any sword he or she takes up might act as a daiklave and his or her normal clothing might act as an artifact breastplate. Such artifacts are automatically attuned to their users with no mote commitment required. Like the benefits of Tail of the Comet, this ability persists until the target dies, is utterly transformed, or – if the target has turned against the user – until the next Calibration.

Blood of My Blood
  • Cost: 10m, 3 Willpower, 3 aggravated wound levels; Minimum: Presence 5, Essence 5; Type: Simple.
  • Duration: Special.
  • Prerequisite Charms: Shards of Glory.
  • Effect: The user adopts a mortal via blood-brotherhood, making them a Golden Child by brevet.
    • The target becomes a Solar Half-Caste and gains an Inheritance score equal to (the user’s Essence/2, rounded up). The supernatural transformation allows the recipient to spend the acquired points immediately, and without training time, as well as to take relevant mutations and supernatural Merits under the usual rules.

Last edited:
I will ponder them, but at the moment, I am leaning against the Charms that give such benefits to mortals.

Mmph. Am trying to come up with Zenith Charms for leading and inspiring people that don't involve mindf@$&ing them into worshipful lackeys with UMI.

I understand your desire, but I will have to think about those Charms a bit. I have always had a problem trying to judge a custom Charm, trying to get it set to the right balance of Essence cost vs effect.

Users who are viewing this thread