OOC Thread

Psychie Psychie have you given thought to what kind of solar/lunar relationship you would want? My character's still in flux, so I can work with most options.

Well, I've put three dots into my Solar Bond background, so no matter what, I will have some strong feelings about you. Are you a cruel man, or more kindly?

Like I said, it's still in flux. However, my thought is perhaps somewhat condescending and overbearing, but certainly not cruel. Sees a great future for humanity and will act to make the future real, though perhaps without asking humanity its feelings on the matter. As for gender, age and background, that's undecided. I could see each going different ways.

It's rare for a bonded pair to be reborn at roughly the same time, so probably one of us was the other's introduction into Exalted society. Or perhaps the Exalts whose Shards we inherited died together and were reborn together. Do you have a preference in this regard?

That will be fine for me. I was thinking to have Weiss to be in the 300 year old range to help explain her 6 Essence. Depending on what your character has for a Essence score will tell.

My character's probably going be the younger, then. I'm only aiming at Essence 5, though I may change my mind on that.

How are we doing on the characters? Anyone have any questions or comments that need to be addressed?

I am always pondering different Charm sets, and will likely keep on tweaking Weiss up to the point that we are starting up and I have to lock her into a build.

Sherwood Sherwood a quick question. In DotFA, it says that both the Solar and the Lunar characters start with a dot of Cult. Does that still apply?

Good question. Normally, I would say no, but if you can show a way for you to have a human cult last the centuries between the Usurpation and your awakening, go ahead.

If not, go ahead and allocate that dot to another Background of your choice.

Here is a question: Would it be better for us to go with the Panoply or Arsenal Backgrounds or go with the regular Artifact Background?

If you go with Arsenal and Panoply, you will be able to return to your stasis chamber and trade out some gear for other stuff, with some limits as to what you can get. I will just need to figure out just how much stuff you can have on you at any one time, since the Backgrounds in the DotFA book don't say what a rating of, say 3 dots, will give you to carry.

You could do something like what they did with the Manse Background, where you get x2 the number of points you put into it.

Sounds reasonable. I'll add that to the Character creation rules.

I'm nearly done with Ash (then I start detailing her Backgrounds); just trying to decide if her last few Charms should make her a better crafter or a better fighter.

I'm nearly done with Ash (then I start detailing her Backgrounds); just trying to decide if her last few Charms should make her a better crafter or a better fighter.
Seeing as how you're going zenith, I'll grab Dawn, which in turns means we won't have a Twilight, so you'll probably be the primary crafter, so I'd recommend going in that direction if you need someone else to be a tie-breaker :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back