OOC - The Tavern

You missed the opportunity to make him be the master of magical fried chicken. </3

Indeed I did. If I make a second character, that will definitely be their power. Don't know if I will make a second though, as my ability to control multiple characters depends entirely upon the RP

Pardon my incompetence if I am incorrect, but I think you may have forgotten to add your character's nickname to their CS

@Reinhardt

Roleplaying as the token black guy with gambling magic. This is going to be fun and risky.

Maybe Llama will use off-site dice rollers?

Maybe. My only problem with off-site rollers is that they can just be re-rolled to suit a roleplayer's desires, so you can only trust in their roleplaying honesty. That's sort of why I liked the Dice being here, because you could view the history around the roll to make sure people weren't using the 'good' rolls rather than the actual ones.

Maybe. My only problem with off-site rollers is that they can just be re-rolled to suit a roleplayer's desires, so you can only trust in their roleplaying honesty. That's sort of why I liked the Dice being here, because you could view the history around the roll to make sure people weren't using the 'good' rolls rather than the actual ones.

In another RP I'm in, we're using a certain off-site dice roller that can be easily monitored through passwords. Maybe, just maybe, if that will be the one used, we can ensure (somewhat) fairness?

Last edited by a moderator:
How does that work?

Every roll there is classified to the corresponding die (e.g. d4, d6, d8), and places an object on a large empty area that shows the result of the roll as well as the die used. The rolls can be classified into various colors, and the player can create labels for better organization. 

Then, on the bottom side, there is an entry field where text can be entered and set as a password. The players who know the password can see the rolls of other players.

It's kinda difficult to explain, but to demonstrate, head onto the link below and enter the password "somerandomtest". You'll see the rolls that I've made.

http://catchyourhare.com/diceroller/

It's kinda difficult to explain, but to demonstrate, head onto the link below and enter the password "somerandomtest". You'll see the rolls that I've made.

http://catchyourhare.com/diceroller/

I can't see any dice rolls on that password, though.

Also, seeing as you can just remove dice from the blank space, the issue of re-rolling would still be the same (unless the rolls are recorded somewhere, like '2 d8's rolled: 4, 5')

I can have it be RNG-based if that's what everyone wants, but I was just planning to choose when he fails or succeeds. Obviously, I'm not going to have him succeed all the time, but I doubt I'll have him fail all the time. He'll probably succeed around 60-75 percent of the time, and fail the other times.

Riiiight! Knocking out a Character tonight.

Wanted to check a few things. I'd like to make either a hero who is searching for backturners or a backturners themselves. We're got a decent mix but also more than the allowance in the character sheet so I'm not quite sure how well we are sticking to that. 

Power: Absorbs darkness (mostly in the emotional sense, but he can also remove maladies and make things new from people. This is particularly strong against demons) and uses it to 'distort' things, which goes as far as tearing living things apart if hes in an awful enough mood. This take a heavy tole on him mentally. Plants around him slowly die. Still working out the personal connection to that... Maybe something about fear of loss or of dying...

Mostly likely Male.

Also, I'd like to put out a feeler for anyone who wants to start having been a sibling, or had a past relationship or something similar. 

33 minutes ago, Ironrot said:

Wanted to check a few things. I'd like to make either a hero who is searching for backturners or a backturners themselves. We're got a decent mix but also more than the allowance in the character sheet so I'm not quite sure how well we are sticking to that. 

Yup, we are going to call them Seekers. Right now there are 2 spot open for Seekers.

33 minutes ago, Ironrot said:

Power: Absorbs darkness (mostly in the emotional sense, but he can also remove maladies and make things new from people. This is particularly strong against demons) and uses it to 'distort' things, which goes as far as tearing living things apart if hes in an awful enough mood. This take a heavy tole on him mentally. Plants around him slowly die. Still working out the personal connection to that... Maybe something about fear of loss or of dying...

Interesting power, just make sure that the weakness is good enough to limit the OPness and relevant with his fear, aspiration, and personality.

Hi! I am still creating a character as I also plan to draw a visual reference for my character. Is there a certain date we should have our character info posted up by?

Hi! I am still creating a character as I also plan to draw a visual reference for my character. Is there a certain date we should have our character info posted up by?

I don't think there's a set date as it stands. I had thought that the Character Slots in the stickied CS topic were static and would serve as a sign that CSs were done, but... Well, I'm not too sure if it's static now that it's changed from '5 Heroes, 5 Backturners' to '6 Heroes, 2 Seekers, 6 Backturners). Regardless, I'll tally up all the characters so you can get an idea of the current character balance without looking through all the CSs. Hopefully you can make use of this information for deciding where your illustrated character will stand!

Heroes: 4 accepted, 2 not yet accepted, 6 total

1. Kyon = Saiko Arata - Accepted
  2. labyrinthecho = Tala Santos - Requires Revisions / Not Accepted
  3. Ironrot = Walt 'Lastname' - WIP / Not Accepted
  4. too much idea (GM) = Hoshino Aiko - Accepted
  5. Daimao = Kristopher Bodic - Accepted
  6. ChazGhost = Chaz Spirits (Misspelled as 'Spirts' in its Topic Name) - Accepted

Seekers: None designated (not sure if Heroes can simply be pooled here -- @too much idea, I summon thee!)

Backturners: 2 accepted, 5 not yet accepted, 7 total

1. Jet Valentine = Jan Valentine - WIP / Not Accepted
  2. Cipah = Giovanni Russo - Awaiting Judgement / Not Accepted
  3. Ensig (me) = Irie Etherite - Accepted
  4. Until-We-Burn = Elaheh Akhtar (Isra) - WIP / Not Accepted
  5. Lava = Mo Tan - Awaiting Judgement / Not Accepted
  6. Reinhardt = Artur Seiden - Accepted
  7. The One Llama to Rule All = Zereghsi Bababeenie - Requires Revisions / Not Accepted

The slots will change again tonight into 7 Heroes, 3 Seekers and 10 Backturner seeing that we are close to 20 players now.

Seekers are in the side of Heroes, right now we have one who volunteered as a Seeker (I wanted Aiko to be one too, if there's still a spot)

RP is expected to start this Saturday, 26 November.

Ps: please don't forget to tag me when you are finished!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back