• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC: Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Edric Blight Edric Blight Evelyn x Jack meanwhile - Jack's extreme introversion, and Evelyn's policy of keeping everyone at a distance kinda zero out here. For the reasons above she doesn't really approach people for a conversation like that, she watches and just makes sure everyones okay.
What I can imagine might have been a short inreaction Jack's had so far is something on the lines of he's playing some sport by himself in the summer sun, and Ev' brining out a ice-filled drink out and just putting it on the side for him. Very aloofly just making sure he was okay. She does have some 'big sister' attitude towards the younger ones.
Love it! Such a cute little dynamic!

Okay caught up on the ooc now mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties i think i pretty much agree with everything you said regarding relationship with our characters i would say in the time she has been in the home its very probable that she has at some point witnessed Ashers kind side probably pretty recently so that would leave her in that state of trying to figure Asher out having thought for months he was nothing but a jerk.

As for Nate one thing we didn’t really get to see develop last time due to the lack of female characters for most of the game is that Nate will basically latch onto any care or affection he receives from especially females who are older than him. As it reminds him of the comfort his mom gave him. So basically all it takes is one time where she was caring towards Nate and hes attached probably a little to much sometimes. Like the little brother who never leaves you alone.

Ahh, so the headpat there from Evelyn would be something Nate would have appreciated then. Good to know :P

Oh yeah lol for sure if he hadn’t been so fixated on the pancakes and his hunger he would have acknowledged it then and there but you know growing boys and there food lol
Dont worry though it will come back to bite Evelyn in the butt lol

Okay caught up on the ooc now mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties i think i pretty much agree with everything you said regarding relationship with our characters i would say in the time she has been in the home its very probable that she has at some point witnessed Ashers kind side probably pretty recently so that would leave her in that state of trying to figure Asher out having thought for months he was nothing but a jerk.

As for Nate one thing we didn’t really get to see develop last time due to the lack of female characters for most of the game is that Nate will basically latch onto any care or affection he receives from especially females who are older than him. As it reminds him of the comfort his mom gave him. So basically all it takes is one time where she was caring towards Nate and hes attached probably a little to much sometimes. Like the little brother who never leaves you alone.
Oh heck yeah!!! I love this but I feel bad for Nate 😭 She gives such MIXED SIGNALS!! She cares and she shows it but she also is pretty... mean? At times? Even when she's trying to be nice??? And blunt about what she will not tolerate???? And in her own right scary??

I also LOVE setting Asher and Dez's relationship right at the point where shes realizing there is in fact something more to him.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties I'm Sure Nate will take it all in stride lol hard to get him down.

and yeah I thought that would be the perfect place to have Dez and Asher's relationship to be at during the Rp

as for your last question umm I don't know. I think pretty much everyone is going to be? Asher is going down to the beach cause he's Asher. umm Jack is eating by his lonesome how he likes it. Miyako is finishing up some dishes. Evelyn and Felix are eating and Nate well Nate will be roaming around.

Nate may come looking for "big sis Dez" tho after meeting Felix and not understanding the way he felt when he did.
:oNate has a crush on Felix who could ever see that coming:o lol

lol!!! I'd love that.

Dez, not knowing what the fuck a crush is and having no models of romance in their life: ,,, Maybe he got you sick??

Yea I loved that scene, really brought out his aggressive, arrogant, "I own this place" side

kakemha kakemha I saw you liked my message so I'm assuming you're down for what I suggested!! In that case, would you be okay with Dez offering to help Miyako with the dishes?

Hello everyone I hope the day is treating you okay so far.

I wanted to make a quick note due to Nate’s last post just to clear up any possible confusion that may arise.

When i refer to Nathaniel speaking he is in fact using his IPad i just do it that was sometimes to avoid having to narrate “Nate types on his Ipad” every time.

That way it just makes it clearer when i do specifically call out the hes typing that i am trying to convey something through it.

Heyo, my day's been eh but I've got sometime today and I look forward to picking the roleplay back up.

Anyways, I get it, it's a bit annoying to have to type out that every time so I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah i just didn’t want anyone to get confused and be like wait he can talk just fine i thought he couldn’t and was deaf? Wth lol

I mean technically he can speak a little bit but not very well and he almost never does unless like his back is against the wall he has no other way of communicating but needs to say something.

Makes sense. Such an interesting character, I love our whole cast here lol, such creative people y'all are!

Yeah we have a pretty fun cast for sure many different personalities this is shaping up to be a fun game.
I like jack im currently brainstorming different ideas of how my characters are going to interact with him and try and involve him in things.
The trying to involve him thing tho will almost exclusively be done by Nate cause especially right now Asher has no interest in that. But Nate always has interest in getting people involved with things.

But overall i am happy with who we have playing right now and hope everyone has had and continues to have a good time.

Me, bright Star, Mika, and kakemha were all part of the original game that this one is a reboot of. So its a lot of fun to be playing with them again and i think you edric are gonna make a fine addition

Yes it's really fun, and honestly a great introduction to group rps for me, because this would be my first real group rp. I'm loving it so far!

I like the character I have with Jack, obviously he's not 100% complete, but I have a good rough outline that I think I established well with the character sheet and in the rp itself.

I think that can be interesting having someone try to make Jack feel included and to try to get him involved with stuff, especially since Jack is so opposed to stuff like that. I think someone one trying to pull Jack out of his comfort zone will be fun to play out, since Jack is more than happy going about his day doing things alone, not talking to anyone and not bothering anyone.

Also I'm honored to be a new addition to the cast, you guys have got a lot of creativity and skills I can learn from. Glad to be playing with you guys for this reboot.

We are happy to have you along and share in the experience of your first group Rp. You are doing fine so far just keep having fun and writing the character the way you see them interacting with the world and you will be fine.

Just as a note since you are new to this not saying you have done anything bad or wrong just something to keep in mind. I see you are a very eager player and are practically chomping at the bit to put your next post up which is great just remember as we continue that with this being a group Rp its beat to try and practice patience when playing and make sure you try and allow everyone to get posts up before moving on especially in scenes with multiple players. (And ill be honest i dont always do the best at this myself) the main reason that is important is because with every post you make time inherently passes and forces things to move along and we want everyone to be able to interact with things they want to interact with.

In other words one post can move things to a completely different scene causing those who haven’t posted yet to loose the chance of interacting with that scene.

Like i said tho im not saying you are doing anything wrong i just see how eager you are to post which i am glad for but just thought that since you are new to this i would mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back