OOC (Out-of-Character) Chat

@Jabroni  @Daimao  @Newson @Epiphany @BainOfBridges @Volfy  @SkyGinge Question for you all: who else will start off as already a member of the Traveler? I want to cut out the recruiting filler as much as possible. So far HK and Violet are the only people who are already part of the crew. Krod and Nyis should probably remain outside of the crew for now because Atticus will be meeting them in a sec, and I have something in mind to get them in. 

@Lexielai I'm game either way regarding Mahlah - I was presuming she wouldn't be there already, but if for the sake of convenience you don't want too many people joining at the same time, I don't mind her being there already :)

@Lexielai I can always make it so Rig is on the ship already. I wouldn't mind that he already found the crew, and is hoping they leave soon (to fit within his overall motivation).

@Lexielai Ashenaa could be with them already. Her having just planned to catch a lift on board to Talos, but sticking around when they all flee together?

@Lexielai With the direction this character is headed... yeah, he's gonna be a last-minute addition. Kind of like a, "Hey, the station is going to hell! Can I get a ride ffs!?"

@Daimao I suspect @SkyGinge is referring to present vs. past tense.  A conversation that came up (for the first time for me) ironically in his Lords of Magistone game I was in last year, which led to my private theory that most free-form games tend to favor past tense because participants write it like a story vs. most games with dice mechanics favor present tense to reflect the "I do this" "This is what happens as a result" dynamic that happens in play.  

I obviously favor present tense. >_>

@SkyGinge @Epiphany @Daimao It doesn't matter. The rules only say third-person for a reason. Present or past are both fine; I'm used to past tense, so I use that when writing, but you're free to write in whichever tense you're most comfortable with. 

I would like to start writing my introduction post. @Lexielai, have you decided who's going to also be aboard the Traveler already? I volunteer if no one else.

If the other two who volunteered, Mahlah and Ashenaa, followed through with it, I guess I can too. :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my character summary:

Rig Lhinkha is a relatively young and athletic Nautolan man with a troubled past. He is a charming man who attempts to brighten the average situation with clever remarks and witty comments. His charm got him through his rough childhood as a slave, and allowed him to pull through the rest of his adult life. Appearance wise, his muscles are lean, and he has pale green skin complemented by many body tattoos. Throughout his childhood and even his adulthood, Rig was a very handy character. He likes tinkering and fixing as much as he can. Personality wise, he is charismatic and perceptive. His species advantage allows him to notice more in his surroundings, as he is more sensitive. Overall, Rig is often friendly, but his dark history may show in his personality. Not only will his dark history come out in his mannerisms, but it is sure to come out in the near future...

Let me know if you want more, less, different types of information, or if it's a-okay!

I still have my friend staying with me so don't really have the time/space/continuum to work on a post - we go back to university this evening though and I might have time to work on a post on the train. If not, I'll be posting tomorrow. Just as a heads up, I'm a Brit, so I operate on GMT+0, hence why I'll likely be on at different hours to most of you guys!

Also, thanks for clarifying the tense rule! Given the unusual liberty of having choose, I might go for the unorthodox present tense...

Rob Poris, a simple man born on Naboo in 22BBY, also known as the start of the Clone Wars. He was raised an orphan, though his name brings him the respect of his parents. To the adults at leaat. As he became of age, he joined the Imperial Academy, learning the skills of a Storm Trooper and excelled as a pilot. Discharging from his duty as a soldier after seeing the horrors the Empire has done to innocent beings, he forced himself into life of a trader. Rather, he became a smuggler working for bounty hunters and cartels clans alike. Since then, he's been a drunk, a cheat, a gambler and a good friend. Don't confuse him as a friend when you're a client however, he'll be sure to betray you the first chance he gets when he runs out of credits.

@Lexielai

@Lexielai Ashenaa's summary 

'Ashenaa, or ‘Ash’ to those close,  is a relaxed, good humored sort. She is easy to get along with, yet her friendly and simple demeanor don’t betray the roguish nature she posses. Having spent many years part of a veteran smuggling crew, Ashenaa has learnt a trick or two. Or several. A keen pilot and an individual you best keep anyway from your computer, less you want to find your systems sliced and your account missing several thousand credits. The adventure and danger of the criminal lifestyle is only more motivation for her. She wants to never look over her life and feel remorse over never having made something of it. Recent events have left her a little shaken however. Losing both her partner, and ship suddenly and with little to no clue where either are. Ash has set'

@Lexielai I'm going to go ahead and say that Mahlah joined the ship at the last port they were at and has only been there a couple of days, if that's alright?

@Volfy @Newson and anybody else on the ship: is anybody up for some interaction with the ditsy new mechanic?

Users who are viewing this thread