OOC (Out-of-Character) Chat

There's definitely some solid character builds out there.  I'm looking forward to having a little more time to read them, now that my own first draft submission's up.  

@Lexielai While I like the idea of Nyis in her present form a great deal, I'll understand if you'd rather I went another way.  Let me know what you think as you have the occasion.  Good luck in the meantime with the Talos writeup!

Wow, she's so pretty! I've briefly skimmed over it, and the Force aspect is very intriguing. Violet's going to learn to use the Force as well...perhaps a Jedi teamup is in order? =D

I would be surprised and delighted at Jedi opportunities!  Nyis is not exactly the 'ideal' candidate but that's part of what appeals to me; actually going Jedi would be the result of tremendous personal growth and change.  So far, Nyis just thinks she's lucky and hasn't a clue what the Force is, much less that she can sense it.  I see good times ahead!

@Epiphany It would be, definitely. A real development in her character. And this story is all about the most unexpected people becoming heroes. I like it. 

Updated checklist:

1) Finish Violet's CS

2) Write Talos Prime Primer 

3) Review @Epiphany's CS

4) Review @Smoaki's CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I'm also planning on making a force-sensitive character. Would that be overkill, do you think, Lex? If so, I can come up with a different idea :)

Hey there everyone! I'd just like to say sorry for joining the party so late, but I'm still highly intrigued. I've caught up on all of the OOC chatter, and I think I'm ready for posting my character. I'll be working on that today.

Hmm... I'm also planning on making a force-sensitive character. Would that be overkill, do you think, Lex? If so, I can come up with a different idea :)

My first reaction is yes, that is overkill. But, now that I think about it more, I don't know if it will be a bad thing or not. I do still want diversity in characters so I will be setting a maximum limit on the number of Force-users. Probably like half of the crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. Well, I think much of my character's motivation and backstory probably stands decently (though without an extra element of purpose) without force elements, so for now I'll keep them in, but if there's other characters that come after wanting force sensitivity, then mine can be the first to lose those elements. :)

Thanks! I've just finished compiling a lengthy and secret outline of her backstory, am just getting to work on the form itself now and hope to potentially have it up tonight! :D

Well, likewise.  I like Jedi, lightsabers, etc. but I especially like the philosophical tension between the Jedi and Sith Codes, something the old KotOR games did better than the movies.  But that said, Nyis doesn't need the Force to work.  If someone else's concept does need the Force, I can yield to their need.  I'll just need to find another niche for Nyis to aspire to. :)

@Epiphany Very well done! Superbly written, and I'm a big fan of the fish out of water angle. Deception and persuasion will definitely be useful here. I've also got an idea for those chipset plans...

@Epiphany @BainOfBridges @Daimao Episode 1 is now up! I thought it prudent to give us that are waiting something to do while character sheets are finished, so some simple introduction roleplaying should do.  So we can set up the initial framework, like joining Atti's ragtag little crew. Or some of you can have already been crew members for awhile. Up to you! 

I have a friend staying for the next three days so I don't expect to have the time to post anything major now until Friday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back