• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC Lounge

It's okay!! There wasn't much LOL I'll post after Nico does if they can! So they don't have to catch up immensely

Chisato boutta be like "*Sweats* I-I totally don't want to go nope hell no totally no" LOL

Chisato boutta be like "*Sweats* I-I totally don't want to go nope hell no totally no" LOL
In that case you will have to deal with the Lock of Love. Otherwise known as the Iron Grip of the Iron Lady. For once she latches onto your wrist there is no escape.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Hey, Quirk. Do you know a good resource for learning the Noragami lore? I was thinking of making a spiritual human, but I don't know much about what kind of abilities they should have.

Are there any examples of what would be considered small abilities?
Not sure if this will help but spiritual humans would have abilities like being able to see, sense, maybe ward phantoms off or even destroy the smallest of ayakashi.
But they can’t let’s say create a sword of fire and kill a god so to speak.
So something small might be a special prayer they can say that can makes phantoms less likely to attack them or something like that.
But it’s up to your imagination and quirkys yay or nay.

Dante Verren Dante Verren
Oh crap.... I thought you were saving her for later @.@ it’s about to get real on this hill.
I will try to get my post up asap tomorrow morning as it is really late here and I have work.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Hey, Quirk. Do you know a good resource for learning the Noragami lore? I was thinking of making a spiritual human, but I don't know much about what kind of abilities they should have.

Welcome, Luce~!

Besides Hiyori Ikki and Yato's father (who is far to OP for the sake of this rp early on), there aren't many examples of spiritual humans in Noragami as they aren't the main focus of the story, so I unfortunately I can't help much in that regard. This one I sorta left up to player discretion so long as they don't go too overboard with abilities. Generally seeing and interacting with spirits/gods is enough to be considered fairly powerful without having learned anything.

^if you need a reference, I'd go with Hiyori's abilities to start with.

Yato's father is probably the strongest human in Noragami far

Humans also have the ability to create gods...and 1st chap introduced a girl that made her self a baby chick guardian (god) so...=P

Isn't Hiyori Iki a Half Phantom though.

She is. Though out of body-experiences aren't all that uncommon for people that are close to death (which is how she became a half-phantom i think). Most humans become phantoms when they die unless they're pure souls anyway ^_^

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help but spiritual humans would have abilities like being able to see, sense, maybe ward phantoms off or even destroy the smallest of ayakashi.
But they can’t let’s say create a sword of fire and kill a god so to speak.
So something small might be a special prayer they can say that can makes phantoms less likely to attack them or something like that.
But it’s up to your imagination and quirkys yay or nay.
Welcome, Luce~!

Besides Hiyori Ikki and Yato's father (who is far to OP for the sake of this rp early on), there aren't many examples of spiritual humans in Noragami as they aren't the main focus of the story, so I unfortunately I can't help much in that regard. This one I sorta left up to player discretion so long as they don't go too overboard with abilities. Generally seeing and interacting with spirits/gods is enough to be considered fairly powerful without having learned anything.

^if you need a reference, I'd go with Hiyori's abilities to start with.

Yato's father is probably the strongest human in Noragami far

Humans also have the ability to create gods...and 1st chap introduced a girl that made her self a baby chick guardian (god) so...=P
Thanks, this helps give me a better idea. Initially, I thought of a character who could track and somewhat predict the appearances of spiritual beings, but wasn't sure if that'd be okay for this.

Thanks, this helps give me a better idea. Initially, I thought of a character who could track and somewhat predict the appearances of spiritual beings, but wasn't sure if that'd be okay for this.

That's a perfectly fine idea.

I don't have any solid lines about abilities, but this is a Noragami RP. So abilities will generally have something to do with gods, spirits, and phantoms. Priests borrow the powers of gods (through faith, prayer, etc). Possessed humans borrow the power of phantoms. Generally, you won't be more powerful spiritually than either, but as a human living in the near shore, you can call gods back from the land of the dead. Gods will hear you if you call their name (so you can summon them...kinda). I'm more willing to accept less offensive abilities (for humans) than I am offensive ones to start off with, but I can be convinced otherwise depending on your character's background, the sort of character/occupation you want to play, etc. Half-phantom is fine too since it's canon (and I let people play phantoms anyway 😏).l'll allow development of spiritual abilities throughout the rp the more you train, interact with residents of the far shore, or grow a connection with your chosen gods/phantoms if that's the route you want to develop your character...but as a whole this is a slice of (supernatural) life rp and your role as a human is to worship gods/phantoms, build them shrines, or try and avoid them at your leisure as you deal with issues of daily life. Abilities are just sprinkles.

What the flip, once again notifications are failing me. Lucem Lucem glad to see you here!

Planning on getting a post out tonight, but not before finalizing the history between Inemaru and Jinno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back