• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC Lounge

lmao xD That is fascinating. I can't imagine Ryuujin being too happy with it lol.
I'll be going with one of the other origins, but it'd be interesting if it came up during an interaction. Hachiman and Ryuujin have a few similarities, one being that Hachiman has origins as a maritime god for protecting shipping, fisheries, and the sea. Hachiman is also known for blowing the divine wind to protect Japan, but some credit Ryuujin with that as well.

Ryuujin: That is it daughter son in law you are grounded

If grounding his daughter actually worked, she wouldn't fall in love with a new human every century or so :closedeyessmile:

As for Hoori, he's already on the dislike list. Course, not everyone likes family =P

I'll be going with one of the other origins, but it'd be interesting if it came up during an interaction. Hachiman and Ryuujin have a few similarities, one being that Hachiman has origins as a maritime god for protecting shipping, fisheries, and the sea. Hachiman is also known for blowing the divine wind to protect Japan, but some credit Ryuujin with that as well.

Fuujin also got credit for that one lol. I like to think they all worked together to sink those Mongolian fleets 😏

RI.a RI.a
Is the boy she shoved Hiroki or Atsushi? Both were wandering the streets as I recall...

Hachiman is the type to take all the credit just because he enjoys friendly rivalry.

Excellent. Relationship, established. I pretty sure Ryuujin likes friendly rivalries too ^_^

RI.a RI.a
Is the boy she shoved Hiroki or Atsushi? Both were wandering the streets as I recall...

Excellent. Relationship, established. I pretty sure Ryuujin likes friendly rivalries too ^_^
I should have a cs finished by tonight or tomorrow. I've been researching Hachiman, but I'm not sure how much of the info I want to include in the CS.

Hiroki! I'll edit my post so it's clearer.

Hm, I see. I see~ Hiroki is the fortunate one that gets to deal with an upset Setsu :grinningteeth:

I should have a cs finished by tonight or tomorrow. I've been researching Hachiman, but I'm not sure how much of the info I want to include in the CS.

For gods with already established lore, I just link the wiki =P

But it's totally up to you lol. I look forward to seeing your rendition of Hachiman^^

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Hachiman also associated (or was) with agriculture too? 🤔

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Hachiman also associated (or was) with agriculture too? 🤔

"God of Honorable War, Archery, Agriculture and Patron of the Genji

Since ancient times Hachiman was worshiped by peasants as the god of agriculture and by fishermen who hoped he would fill their nets with much fish. In Shinto, he became identified by legend as the Emperor Ōjin, son of Empress Jingū, from the 3rd–4th century of the Common Era."

-Mythology Wiki​

^ You are correct. I guess he started as a farming god for peasants and then went to war as Japan needed it becoming the God of Eight Banners ^_^

Ryuujin, being a bringer of rain, was also sometimes prayed to for agricultural purposes~

"God of Honorable War, Archery, Agriculture and Patron of the Genji

Since ancient times Hachiman was worshiped by peasants as the god of agriculture and by fishermen who hoped he would fill their nets with much fish. In Shinto, he became identified by legend as the Emperor Ōjin, son of Empress Jingū, from the 3rd–4th century of the Common Era."

-Mythology Wiki​

^ You are correct. I guess he started as a farming god for peasants and then went to war as Japan needed it becoming the God of Eight Banners ^_^

Ryuujin, being a bringer of rain, was also sometimes prayed to for agricultural purposes~

Mm. Love me some learning. All these ties to agriculture, it's all coming together.

Indeed. She'll probably use his shirt as a tissue. 😂

I have a Hiroki post in the works. Will likely throw in Atsushi too, but Hiroki would rather not be used as a tissue lmao. 😂

I have a Hiroki post in the works. Will likely throw in Atsushi too, but Hiroki would rather not be used as a tissue lmao. 😂
tenor.gif

inb4 Atsushi comes in crying too HAHAHAHA
tenor.gif

Hachiman is a renaissance man of the gods. People pray to him for everything. God of warriors, agriculture, fisheries, divination, writing, culture, archery, the sea, etc. He's even a god of healing. Mothers pray to him to make sure their babies stay healthy. Seems to have developed from the agriculture side of things where people prayed to him to get rid of bugs that ate crops, eventually evolving to "bugs" that affected the mind and body.

Hachiman is a renaissance man of the gods. People pray to him for everything. God of warriors, agriculture, fisheries, divination, writing, culture, archery, the sea, etc. He's even a god of healing. Mothers pray to him to make sure their babies stay healthy. Seems to have developed from the agriculture side of things where people prayed to him to get rid of bugs that ate crops, eventually evolving to "bugs" that affected the mind and body.

Haha, this is where Kami_X aims to be though the likelihood of ever making it there are practically zilch ^_^ Gods gotta dream big in life.

I take it Hachiman won the popularity contest in his era.

Haha, this is where Kami_X aims to be though the likelihood of ever making it there are practically zilch ^_^ Gods gotta dream big in life.

I take it Hachiman won the popularity contest in his era.
That's another similarity between him and Ryo. He's supposed to be a detective, but he gets called to do every other job. Being multitalented is good, so hopefully the god can become known for more than just computers.

Hachiman went from an obscure god to the most revered god very quickly. He's also the first Japanese deity to be given the title "Daibosatsu", so he's popular in both Shintoism and Buddhism as part of their respective pantheons. Prom king of the gods.

That's another similarity between him and Ryo. He's supposed to be a detective, but he gets called to do every other job. Being multitalented is good, so hopefully the god can become known for more than just computers.

Hachiman went from an obscure god to the most revered god very quickly. He's also the first Japanese deity to be given the title "Daibosatsu", so he's popular in both Shintoism and Buddhism as part of their respective pantheons. Prom king of the gods.
Hmm a super popular god azani hates him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back