OOC General Discussion

He'll probably let her tag him without making is obvious, so Fae can start her training to become a super saiyan. He'lll make it seem like he lost focus for a second for her to tag him.
D. Rex D. Rex

ChoShadow ChoShadow will wait for chaz before i post again.

But until then, will we be playing out the continued training in the void? I can describe how Fae's training would go in the remainder if it a timeskip, or just allude to it if you are wanting to jump to a later point.

D. Rex D. Rex We'll leave what happened in the three-way Super Saiyan battle to the imagination, but we're going to have a detailed time skip coming up on my next post once you and ChazGhost ChazGhost have had the chance to respond to what's happened up until this point.

Era and Val have a lot of work to do, as do Fae and Pyro. And I plan on my time skip to detail exactly what went down in the remaining 38 days in the Void on my next post.

The long and short of it will be the following, but I'll be detailing it MUCH more thoroughly in the actual post:

1) Era and Val, now that Fae is a Super Saiyan, will suggest and implement a rotational sparring schedule with Fae and Pyro. On one day, sparring will be Era vs Pyro, and Fae vs Val. On the next day, it'll be Fae vs Pyro, Era vs Val. And on the third day it'll be Val vs Pyro, Fae vs Era. This will give everyone a chance to train with everyone else on a regular rotation, and they will have a few solo training days mixed in where three of them will go off into the Void to do their own thing while one remains near the entrance to act as a beacon for when they want to come back.

- ((This will maximize their growth during training by being able to spar with each other like this as well as training solo.))

2) Era will continue experimenting with the meditation while in Super Saiyan form to see if she can figure out what's causing the extreme fatigue the form brings, but she won't be able to figure it out before they exit the Void this time.

- ((I want the fatigue to serve as a foil for our SS forms for now so that whenever we battle in them we are basically on a timer to defeat our enemies before our power and stamina run out.))

That's the long and short of it. Again I'll go into much greater detail in the actual time skip, but whenever you guys have the time go ahead and respond to what's happened so far and then I'll skip us forward to the end of their 50 days and their exit from the Void.

D. Rex D. Rex ChazGhost ChazGhost

Hey guys.

I did a time skip to get us out of the Void Room and back to Metahnn. We'll spend some leisure time on Metahnn for around 2 weeks IC before receiving a distress call from Zaero, Elprede's home world. And so we'll begin the next Arc very soon.

But for now, it's time to just kick back and let your characters enjoy their time off however they please. I imagine Fae will immediately head home to show her entire family what she has now accomplished, and frankly I look forward to seeing that played out in full (wink wink King, lol).

As for Pyro? Well. What more could a space pirate want than the chance to drink, enjoy and milk the spoils of being one of Metahnn's saviors, and think about how he's going to spend the fortune the new King paid him for his services?

Whatever you guys want, but I think those will be good places to start.

Till then, I'll be waiting for you both to post before I do my next one.

ChoShadow ChoShadow ChazGhost ChazGhost

I will have a post out this Sunday. Another busy week. I got scene in mind though between Fae and her father, as well as one between Fae and Faero afterwards. Just got to get it written out!

I will have a post out this Sunday. Another busy week. I got scene in mind though between Fae and her father, as well as one between Fae and Faero afterwards. Just got to get it written out!

No worries. I have to write out Valkyrie's day 1 activity as well, and then I'll get another one out about what they both did in the days following.

I think the outcome may in fact surprise you as well.

They'll all have about two weeks IC to kick back before receiving the distress call from Zaero, and that will kick the next Arc into action.

Hey D. Rex D. Rex and ChazGhost ChazGhost .

I am planning out the next phases of our adventure, and I wanted your input on where it's going thus far.

I have a larger document on my computer, and as long as the following info dump is it happens to be the short version of what that document says:

* Metahnn is going to be attacked by a group of powerful Darkhoods, the strongest of which is around 300 million in power level which is just enough for Fae to go Super Saiyan and defeat demonstrating to the rest of the Saiyan Race just what she can do now. (She deserves the spotlight for a while)

* Jasmine, Elprede's AI, sends an urgent S.O.S. a few days later that Zaero is under attack and Elprede and the Nephelem are being pushed back. The group races to the scene but are too late as Zaero has been completely erased from existence (literally, there's only space dust, not even chunks of debris, remaining).

* Jasmine's AI is floating in the galactic network cyber space as she still had to deliver the information she and Elprede discovered before Elprede's demise... The Nephelem throughout the universe have been driven to extinction, with those on Zaero and Elprede himself being the last of the species. Because of that, the First God is dead since He no longer has a viable vessel capable of channeling His Ki. Jasmine then commits a form of suicide after delivering her message by erasing herself from the intergalactic network, thus erasing her from existence as well.

* The Team goes on the hunt for the Darkhoods, deeming the idea of letting the Darkhoods come to them being too hazardous for the rest of the galaxy. They decide to split up with each of them taking a sector of the galaxy (a quadrant, really). Era is South, Fae East, Val West, and Pyro North.

* During their search for information and their goal of eliminating Darkhoods, Val discovers a blueprint on a Darkhood Outpost planet for a device called the Divinity Counter. What it does is unclear, and they haven't the materials to make it themselves because many of the materials are only found in specific galaxies throughout the universe. Fae finds a Darkhood Captain and defeats him, getting the information out of him that the "Master" has power surpassing the Gods which she shares with everyone else. Era discovers that Omnizwart are in fact enemies of the Darkhoods which is something they can use to their advantage later on. And Pyro discovers a Darkhood HQ building and hooks his computer AI into the mainframe allowing her a backdoor into their network. This way he can now hack information from their intergalactic servers on members, Darkhood movement, and more.

* The Team regroups and shares their collected information. They also use information hacked from the Darkhood servers thanks to Pyro's ship AI to calibrate their deep-space power scans aboard their respective vessels to detect Darkhood energy signatures. They split into teams of two, Era and Fae in Era's ship and Pyro and Val in Pyro's ship.

* They take off for neighboring galaxies as there are no Darkhood energy signatures left in their current galaxy. Era and Fae go to the nearest galaxy to the East, Pyro and Val to the West. In six months they will regroup at Metahnn and share further information.

* However this is another leg of ascension for our characters, and though it's a bit anti-climactic in nature I think it's a nice twist on the "battling for power" thing we've done so far for most characters.

* While training in Era's Void Room, Era and Fae continue pushing their powers against one another and they don't even realize that they've reached Super Saiyan 2 until Era notices discharges of bio-electricity in Fae's aura, as well as a difference in the aura's appearance. Fae's hair has spiked slightly more than usual as well, and when they leave the Void Room to scan their bodies and respective power output the computer says they're now more than 2x as powerful as their original Super Saiyan forms.

* Val and Pyro have been training non-stop against one another as well at the same time in Pyro's special training rooms, Pyro has finally gained enough power to fight evenly with Valkyrie... Who has also unknowingly gone Super Saiyan 2 by continually pushing her power further and further in their above-average competitive bouts. This means that Pyro is now on par with the Super Saiyan 2 form, and all three Saiyans have achieved it as well.

- Again this unknowing change is a bit anti-climactic, but it's a good measure of how much stronger they're going to be getting as we push things further along in the RP and I think it's an interesting and much-needed twist to have them discover they're growing stronger without realizing it. They've spent so many years paying attention to the numbers on the Scouters and computers that they forgot to just relax and train all-out like they have been which is the key to their recent success.

* And this is all just in time, as both teams almost simultaneously encounter powerful groups of Darkhood Captains who put their new powers to the test.

What do you guys think of this current path? Any objections or suggestions?

I like it. I think this be a good direction to go and it Pyro seems to have plenty to do it in which is good for me. Also hacking into darkhood HQ does sounds really fun.

Ack! Solo play!

source.gif

Jk of course, I'm getting better at it.

I like the idea of them splitting up. It will make for a fun change of pace to usual storytelling. Are we going to go about it in solo play fashion, or will we control npcs as we focus on one fighter at a time?

Is the transformation to ss2 gradual then, or did they just transform into one day, and their minds were just on something else at the time? Though I actually like the anticlimactic feel to it. It keeps things grounded.

The second splitting up also sounds like a fun idea overall. Could add for some fun 1x1 bonding moments that char don't normally get to have over hectic training and diffusing attention across everyone. Like Val and Pyro finally needing to get along.

Iirc, wasn't the super saiyan God vault on Zaero? What happened to that?

I don't have any objections. Other than "eek solo play" But I can manage for the sake of good story bits.

I don't think I have any suggestions at the moment either. I still plan to use the forbidden planet X thing Fae once trained on at some point. To introduce it and the overpowered being on it that she trained with. Still thinking to myself how to implement it or when a good time to have it would be.

Oh! You mentioned that they split into pairs into neighboring galaxies looking for Darkhoods signatures. Are they just there for training? Or will they have misadventures there too?

Here is a suggestion. If the Metahn has been attacked once, then odds are it will be attacked again. And without the K-fighters around to protect it, it would get wiped out faster than fine sushi at a cheap buffet. Maybe Era and Val could share their blood with a few fighters on the planet that they think are worthy and trusted to be able to defend it while they are gone. Such as the king, faero, and maybe two or three others. This way, they have a chance of defending it. And it might make an interesting change to return to, especially if they have had to defend the planet from Darkhoods attacks.

I also want to see any excuse to have Pyro go through his forms.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know where you guys stand on this.

SS2 is going to have been a gradual change. The more they trained in the Super Saiyan form, the more powerful their SS forms became and gradually they became SS2's without realizing it. They've gotten so used to the way the form feels by then that they didn't notice a difference until someone who was looking at them pointed it out and said, "Hey, you look different and you feel a lot more powerful than before. What gives?" Know what I mean?

When they split up to search for Darkhood signatures in the galaxies, it's not training. They're hunting. Still good chances for bonding moments, especially with Fae and Era since I'm sure Fae still has some things she wants to say to Era about her methods of pushing Fae to reach SS and Val still needs to really work out the inner demons she has in her heart against Pyro as well. Hence those particular pairs. *Evil GM Plots Are Evil*

The suggestion of sharing blood with Metahnn isn't a bad idea, but it's a double edged sword. The stronger the inhabitants become, the more powerful the beings they'll send against them and the more likely they'll be to blow up the planet if things go wrong. So for now I think we'll take the espionage route and have Pyro's ship AI hack the systems aboard the ship that comes to attack Metahnn when Fae goes SS. The AI will send a report back to Darkhood HQ that Metahnn was successfully subjugated with little resistance as the Super Saiyans and Frost Demon were nowhere to be found.

The team will help the King of Metahnn craft a viable plan of subservience for whenever the Darkhoods send anyone. The entire planet will play along and act like defeated and subjugated subjects while the Darkhoods are present. But when the Darkhoods leave, a report will be sent via the AI's secure private server directly to Pyro about what happened while the Darkhoods were on world.

This will prevent the planet's destruction and help prevent unnecessary loss of life by fighting back. It's not the Saiyan way, but until the team can guarantee the planet's safety there's no logical reason to ask them to fight when pretending to be defeated is the safer long-term strategy.

Make sense?

ChoShadow ChoShadow

Oh trust me, Fae has a lot to say about it. It's gonna eat away at her. So having them paired will be a lot of fun. Hunting also sounds like a lot of fun.

As long as you consider it. Just a thing that came to mind. Lol you had most everything thought up of, so it was about all i could manage to think up at the time. I understand your reasonings pretty well. They are good ones, especially given how long they would need to train to even reach that level. But both ideas could go together, with the few chosen saiyans being a last resort should the plan of subservience fail. As either way, they could destroy the planet on a whim. They wouldn't have as much ability to train, but worst case scenario, they might be able to form a resistance, and get stronger that way. Either way it is a tough deal for the Saiyans as long as the Darkhoods are around.

Val and Pyro may eventually try to kill each other on there adventure together... Hopefully after Pyro can fight her in her super sayain form.

Val and Pyro may eventually try to kill each other on there adventure together... Hopefully after Pyro can fight her in her super sayain form.

Haha!!

Val's attitude towards Pyro has definitely lightened up so I don't think they'll try to kill each other. But they will definitely butt heads a few times along the way since they're both alpha personalities. Still, they need to learn to get along and they should be able to figure things out pretty quick.

ChazGhost ChazGhost D. Rex D. Rex

Hey guys, a quick head's up.

On my plan document I'm now at the point leading to Super Saiyan 3 (planning WAY ahead, I know). I have also changed the method of attaining that form as well which is now in the Transformation page.

But I'll describe it for you so King knows how to get it and so Chaz knows what to expect.

Basically the form is so strong that no matter how long you've had it, it drains Ki like nobody's business. This form has little Ki control and can only be used for short bursts, so the method to attain it is to give up conscious control over our Saiyan Ki and let our bodies amass the power needed to reach this form on their own.

Our characters have trained to master the control of their Ki, so this will be very difficult for them. Letting their own Ki just do its own thing and build and build and build is dangerous for one, and difficult to do since letting go of the control of our Ki is difficult in and of itself. Controlling it is second nature now, so we have to fight our own instincts to just let our bodies realize the form on their own.

By the time we get to this point in the RP, we'll have had Super Saiyan 2 for around 6-8 months, maybe even a full year since searching and hunting the galaxies will take a long time. Our bodies will be ready for the transformation, and our own conscious control over our Ki will be all that stands in the way of attaining the form.

I'm thinking that, given desperation being the catalyst, Era will be the one to realize this form. As the prodigy and the one with the highest battle instinct, she will either figure out how to do this herself or she will basically just say "screw it" and release control of her Ki in an attempt to power up enough to beat her opponent. Instead it will yield another transformation, much to her and everyone else's surprise.

You guys okay with this, or do you have other thoughts on the matter you'd like to share? I'm open to consider other ideas if you have them.

I like the change, it falls more in line with how the show handled it. With it being a great boost in power at the cost of great expenditure of it. Like not just turning the tap on full blast, but breaking off end of the pipe entirely to let it all out.

And the new method of attaining it, I think, fits perfectly with what Era would be capable of. Given her soft and flowy nature. If anyone is capable of surrenders themselves to their ki like that, it would be her. I know Fae would find it extraordinarily difficult since given that much of her own styles and strengths revolve around the control of her ki. To Fae it would be like rejecting everything she knew. Like breathing.

But if Val got SS, and Era gets SS3, does this mean Fae gets SS god? :3

Jkjk,

I'm totally behind this new change. It works better actually, and gives there strategic reason to choose between forms, so they aren't just neglected once the next one is achieved.

If I had a suggestion, I would say that I think it would be fun to see her struggle against an opponent even after she attains the form. Emphasizing the weakness of that forms endurance.

Or maybe its a long initial transformation and Val, Fae, and Pyro can defend her while she goes through it. But that idea can be worked with SSG too.

Or maybe her exponential growth in power threatens the planet they are on, so they either have to find a way to hold it together. Or the collateral damage is a consequence to deal with.

Or a combination of the three. Pyro keeps baddie busy. Val motivates and/or gives energy to help sustain Era's endurance. And Fae tries to keep the planet from breaking under the pressure of Era's aura.

I like the change, it falls more in line with how the show handled it. With it being a great boost in power at the cost of great expenditure of it. Like not just turning the tap on full blast, but breaking off end of the pipe entirely to let it all out.

And the new method of attaining it, I think, fits perfectly with what Era would be capable of. Given her soft and flowy nature. If anyone is capable of surrenders themselves to their ki like that, it would be her. I know Fae would find it extraordinarily difficult since given that much of her own styles and strengths revolve around the control of her ki. To Fae it would be like rejecting everything she knew. Like breathing.

But if Val got SS, and Era gets SS3, does this mean Fae gets SS god? :3

Jkjk,

I'm totally behind this new change. It works better actually, and gives there strategic reason to choose between forms, so they aren't just neglected once the next one is achieved.

If I had a suggestion, I would say that I think it would be fun to see her struggle against an opponent even after she attains the form. Emphasizing the weakness of that forms endurance.

Or maybe its a long initial transformation and Val, Fae, and Pyro can defend her while she goes through it. But that idea can be worked with SSG too.

Or maybe her exponential growth in power threatens the planet they are on, so they either have to find a way to hold it together. Or the collateral damage is a consequence to deal with.

Or a combination of the three. Pyro keeps baddie busy. Val motivates and/or gives energy to help sustain Era's endurance. And Fae tries to keep the planet from breaking under the pressure of Era's aura.

I think you make some good points.

And as for SSG, we'll see. Lol!

I have no set plan in mind for who attains what and when. I'm determining that by reading what we all post and taking my best guess as to who I think would be able to provide the biggest impact on the story at that time by transforming.

As far as your suggestions and ideas, I like two of them: The idea that she struggles against her foe, and the idea that her Ki (combined with that of her opponent) starts tearing the planet apart forcing Fae, Pyro, and Val to play damage control and try to protect as much of the planet as they can from the magnitude of their energy.

I have yet to decide who or what her enemy will be, as I don't want the Darkhoods and Omnizwart to be the only things we face that can challenge our characters. The universe is enormous after all. There has to be more out there for us than just those two organizations.

But before we get too carried away with SS3, we need to deal with the mastery of the Super Saiyan form and SS2.

And before we get to THAT, we have to deal with what's in front of them right now. Lol.

Also D. Rex D. Rex and ChazGhost ChazGhost , I've added yet another entry to the "transformation" page.

If you've kept up with Super, the latest double feature episode (109-110) features Goku finally using (though not mastering) what Whis had been trying to teach him and Vegeta before. Being able to let their bodies move independently without thought to maximize their potential.

Officially, it's called "Ultra Instinct" in the English translations, but I called ours Divine Instinct because I think it fits a bit better.

I'm not sold on my explanation in the thread yet, and will likely update it. But it's now officially part of the RP and once I am satisfied with the way I've reconstructed it to fit this RP's theme and setting I'll let you know!

Transformations

Last edited:
Hey ChazGhost ChazGhost .

Just to make it clear our characters don't yet know who this ship belongs to. And it's not going to be Darkhoods. It's going to be Omnizwart.

The ship hasn't landed yet either, so their fighters are still inside.

KingHink is going to take care of their landing and departure from the ship, so for now it's best your post be reduced to Pyro simply questioning Era and Val about their not preparing to fight.

Hey ChazGhost ChazGhost .

Just to make it clear our characters don't yet know who this ship belongs to. And it's not going to be Darkhoods. It's going to be Omnizwart.

The ship hasn't landed yet either, so their fighters are still inside.

KingHink is going to take care of their landing and departure from the ship, so for now it's best your post be reduced to Pyro simply questioning Era and Val about their not preparing to fight.

Shall I take care of the description of lead baddy of the group? Or do you have something specific in mind?

Something interesting I just found online is that, according to author Akira Toriyama, the Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 powers are just "powered up Super Saiyans", and that completely mastering the normal state and the Super Saiyan state would lead to the form being more powerful than Super Saiyan 2 and 3.

This got me thinking about something as well as finding a solid solution to the problem I'd been facing while trying to come up with more story for us. I have reached Super Saiyan 3 in my planning, but I don't want to reach Super Saiyan God for a good long time yet. But how to do that since Super Saiyan 3 has a dangerous drawback and thus shouldn't be used unless needed?

Well that quote from Toriyama provided an answer. By giving the Super Saiyan 2 a power cap and the Super Saiyan 3 a serious drawback, the original Super Saiyan form now has an opening to bear the burden of unlimited potential. It's something our characters won't discover for a long time (until after SS3). Eventually they will learn that even though SS2 and SS3 are more powerful than the SS form, the SS form is the best option to focus on. The more that form grows, the more the other two grow with it as a result.

You guys will know that along with me OOC, but IC this is something they will not realize yet. Typical Saiyans being focused on power and pushing forward instead of looking back at the foundation which the others are built on.

ChoShadow ChoShadow

I'll be able to get a post out today. I had planned to do so yesterday but the kids got sick.

The post will be the final part of the scene and contain the conclusion of the fight. Which will include the attention directed to the other saiyans to rub things in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back