• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [OOC] Dragon of Icespire Peak

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Ellya

oi mate
This will serve as the OOC discussion thread for the Dragon of Icespire Peak RP. Note that I will not be actively following this thread, so be sure to ping me and/or dm me with any questions.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck DapperDogman DapperDogman Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 QizPizza QizPizza
Since apparently nobody was pinged when I posted it, here's the starter

QizPizza QizPizza saw you were lurking the thread so maybe you were pinged for my accidental post, just letting you know it's finished now :^)$

Just letting you guys know, I might not have time to reply today! I'm reading through the thread so I'm caught up, though.

that's all good, if you ever miss out on a bunch of posts you don't all wanna read through, just read the little TLDR sections at the end of my longer posts :^)

For the record:
a. I didn't plan on playing May'falla this chatty. Zulgur commented on it after the first post and now I'm just leaning into it.
2. I'm pretty much just imagining my 15 year old daughter playing the character and going with it. :coolshades:

I was so in character playing the village idiot that I accidentally rolled a thing three times instead of once

dr xenon dr xenon I'm seeing this more as a story than numbers driven rp anyway, so just say whatever you feel like makes sense for your character to have :) Most people already have some pretty strong starting equipment anyway

Sorry if this question was already asked, but are we going with the typical dnd classes along with the associated powers/abilities (level 1 of course). I didn't know if we were going to have any AC for example.

Sorry if this question was already asked, but are we going with the typical dnd classes along with the associated powers/abilities (level 1 of course). I didn't know if we were going to have any AC for example.

Yes, we do still use the classes but more as a character building tool. You can pick any low-levels spells, cantrips, feats and skills you want as long as it makes sense for your character and doesn't make you overpowered compared to the rest.
We do not use AC or initiative or attack rolls etc, all combat will be entirely freeflowing creativity and improv, but you can always roll a straight stat if you want to attempt some really cool move ;)

oh - good point - I was assuming we were First level. Are we First'ish level? Like 2-3?

Ellya Ellya

Well we're not technically using levels, just consider yourself 'starting level'. I don't mind if you take an extra spell or skill that seems fun but happens to be of a higher level, we can always tone it down a little in how it affects the environment or enemies :)

Well we're not technically using levels, just consider yourself 'starting level'. I don't mind if you take an extra spell or skill that seems fun but happens to be of a higher level, we can always tone it down a little in how it affects the environment or enemies :)
If I go 2nd level that give me the Rapier proficiency and Spellsong. Which makes me more survivable.

If I go 2nd level that give me the Rapier proficiency and Spellsong. Which makes me more survivable.

Sure thing, just have fun with it! Do keep in mind that there will be some manner of powerups (although not technically leveling), so keep yourself realistically 'weak'

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck , BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 - this is a classic clash of cultures! Cracking me up! I don't have the time to reply right now but will later. About to run my zoom-top game.

As a RP note - if May'falla's speech is annoying, or hard to follow, please let me know. It's supposed to be a little hard to follow and annoying, but I don't want to annoy my fellow players with it.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck , BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 - this is a classic clash of cultures! Cracking me up! I don't have the time to reply right now but will later. About to run my zoom-top game.

As a RP note - if May'falla's speech is annoying, or hard to follow, please let me know. It's supposed to be a little hard to follow and annoying, but I don't want to annoy my fellow players with it.

Nah, it's fine! I myself do unique speech patterns to my characters, so that's fine! You're totally killing it.

I did add a proficiency bonus just for thinking this ain't their first rodeo, but then still, it was natural 19 so rip your money bro :^)

COMBAT!!

Ellya Ellya - are Manticore's common or should I roll a Nature check to see if May'falla knows what this is? This is a little pre-emptive to know if I should always be rolling Nature or Arcana checks. My concept around her is that she's still a "bird watcher" or Nature Channel freak because that's how she was raised.

COMBAT!!

Ellya Ellya - are Manticore's common or should I roll a Nature check to see if May'falla knows what this is? This is a little pre-emptive to know if I should always be rolling Nature or Arcana checks. My concept around her is that she's still a "bird watcher" or Nature Channel freak because that's how she was raised.

I don't know exactly how common they'd be in May'falla's regions, but I'd say yes, go ahead and do a Nature check! I'll even say have some advantage ;)

Latest post spoilers:

Just so y'all know, the dragon showing up isn't some sort of thing that just happens in the story or I decided would be cool. You're supposed to roll a d20 whenever the party leaves or enters a new location to see where the dragon is at that time (which is what the mystery roll was for) and I just happened to roll Phandalin on the very first roll. Also sorry for the fuckin huge-ass damage May'falla

The entire party when they figure out that the entire situation was a large misunderstanding from their part:
75B62B3C-3FA4-434F-9C80-199BAC94B83B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back