OOC Discussion

Swimswamswom said:
Yea – I feel pretty secure that delusions are the closest thing to what he's experiencing so im just gonna go ahead and use it – but thank u and everyone else so much for helping me with the situation and looking out for me c:
(the original cs has been edited if anyone wants to peek)
Not a problem we were happy to help. I'm just sorry we caused you so much stress.

RANDOM SNOW BALL EXAM IDEAS

Perhaps we split the active role-players into Red and Blue teams.

Due to the amount of players we have here, it might be best to have a MASTER post from the GM setting the scene of what happened during the exams, then everyone posts their characters recalling the events after the fact?

This would be a good way to keep people from being bogged down in the EXAM for the next who knows how long, waiting on posts and replies. If people wanted to have certain persons' active in their characters Exam, they could PM one another and post accordingly.

Just a few random thoughts from me.

[QUOTE="Manic Muse]
RANDOM SNOW BALL EXAM IDEAS

Perhaps we split the active role-players into Red and Blue teams.

Due to the amount of players we have here, it might be best to have a MASTER post from the GM setting the scene of what happened during the exams, then everyone posts their characters recalling the events after the fact?

This would be a good way to keep people from being bogged down in the EXAM for the next who knows how long, waiting on posts and replies. If people wanted to have certain persons' active in their characters Exam, they could PM one another and post accordingly.

Just a few random thoughts from me.

[/QUOTE]
I agree

gameplay

★ Please read this section slowly and carefully! It's long, but important. For this event, we've designed a stat system derived from Dungeons and Dragons, and it might take a couple read-throughs to get everything straight.

★ The goal of the Snowball Wars is to first: hit as many other players with snowballs as you can and second: not get hit by snowballs from opposing teams. Your characters earns a point for their team (if they are on a team) when they've brought someone else down to zero hit points - and yes, you can earn points by attacking your own team members, though I imagine they might get angry. Solo players, as you might imagine, don't have this problem.

★ Magic, in-story, is discouraged in the name of sportsmanship. The students have all generally agreed that he who uses his magic on others is an asshole for springing spells during a snowball fight, and deserved to be ambushed. Magic, out of story, has absolutely no effect on stats or rolls - which, along with hit points, are not acknowledged in character (just like in D&D!).

★ Everyone has stats - the attack and defense section of the profile. Each character is allotted four points to be spread across attack and defense in a manner that you think best suits their strength, whether it's a 4/0 or a 2/2 combination or anything in between. These stats are used to supplement the dice rolls, and cannot be changed after posting begins.

★ Each character also has ten hit points. These are lost and regained through snowball combat. When your character loses all their hit points, they are no longer in the game - this doesn't mean that they are removed from the roleplay, nor does it mean they are actually knocked out or faint in-story like Pokemon. It just means they've gotten hit too many times and have -wait for it - lost the game. Your character can rejoin the game if they willingly switch places with another character, taking on whatever hit points the other character has left and joining their team.

★ Now that your character has their stats and their hit points, what comes next? Well, the actual mechanics, of course! For this roleplay, we will be utilizing the post actions on Gaia to roll virtual D6s in the OOC thread - those are your typical little cube-shaped die that come in board games.

★ For Snowball Wars, we're going to be using opposing rolls - for every snowball thrown, both the attacker and the defender must roll a D6 in the OOC thread. The attacker adds their attack points to their roll, and the defender adds their defense points to theirs.

★ The higher of the two numbers wins that round - if the attacker has the higher number, the defending character gets smacked with a snowball in-story and loses hit points. If the defender has the higher number, the attacking character misses, the snowball goes wide, and the defending character recovers some hit points. Do note - even though characters on the same teams can attack each other, they will not recover hit points this way. That would be cheating!

★ The exact effect of the attack depends on the difference between the numbers rolled. That's right folks, I'm sorry, but there's a wee bit of arithmetic involved, and it's all got to be included in your posts.

★ If the defending roll wins: Snowball fails to hit intended target, the defender may or may not recover hit points.

★ 0 - 2: No hitpoints recovered

★ 3 - 6: One hit point recovered

★ 7 - 9: Two hit points recovered

★ If the attacking roll wins: Snowball hits intended target, the defender may or may not take damage.

★ 0 - 2: No damage done

★ 3 - 6: One point of damage done to the defender

★ 7 - 9: Two points of damage done to the defender

★ Whenever a character deals the finishing blow (that is, brings another character down to zero hit points) they earn a point for their team. These points aren't affected when a character rejoins the Snowball Wars by swapping places with another character.

The Hunt: Rules and Regulations

The Hunt is a 48 hour event in which all participants are locked onto the school grounds. The goal of the Hunt is to become the Champion of either the Student Tier or the Faculty Tier by defeating and destroying the flags of all other participants in your tier.

★`≻

FLAGS:

Every participant carries with them a Flag. It is the size and shape of a handkerchief, and is emblazoned with the participant's name. There are also Special Flags that can be found in various locations around school grounds. Red Flags , which are only available to Student-tier participants, becomes extra Flags, effectively giving players in possession of a Red Flag another shot at the Hunt. Participants can only ever hold one Red Flag at a time.

★`≻

TIERS:

There are two tiers, Student and Faculty. The scoring is set up so that students may only kill students, and faculty may only kill faculty. There is one Champion for each tier. However, there are exceptions, further covered in "Zoning".

★`≻

THE BELL:

In the Principal's office, there is a bell instead of a Red Flag. The participant who can successfully take the bell from the office is invulnerable to losing their flag until they are one of the last three competitors in their tier.

★`≻

ZONING:

No participant may leave the school grounds until the event is over. There are some areas in the school in which the kill system is disabled. There are to be no kills or battles in the dormitories, or in student or teacher lounges. Faculty-vs-Student kills are only enabled within the classroom or office of the staff member.

★`≻

RESTRICTED MAGIC:

There will be no use of instantaneous transportation, as it presents an unfair advantage. This includes teleportation and portals of any kind. The sole exception is the designated Cleaner, who removes dead participants from the playing grounds. Mind control is also forbidden. Student-tier participants may only use Level A through E magics, and Faculty may use up to Level S. There is to be no use of spells beyond Level S, unless used by the medical faculty in the course of attending to patient.

★`≻

ATTACKS:

Any intentional mortal wounding will be punished with expulsion, banishment from the school grounds, and a call to the proper authorities.

I basically used to be a master of school RPs, and special events.

@welian Yes I remember you on Gaia, you intimidated me cuz it was all pertiful and complicated.

@Manic Muse the only issue I see with this is it's a little too brief. It doesn't really give our characters a chance to interact. Instead we're just going to be making up things in OOC of how events took place.

readingraebow said:
@welian Yes I remember you on Gaia, you intimidated me cuz it was all pertiful and complicated.
WAIT WHAT

[QUOTE="CRiTiCAL ERR0R]Wasn't one of them called.. Gold... something?

[/QUOTE]
That was Black & Gold, that was the RP with the town literally going to Hell after an evil sorceress moved in and opened an antique store.

CRiTiCAL ERR0R][FONT=NTR]@readingraebow was on Gaia too? 8D[/FONT] [/QUOTE] Yep I went through a lot of usernames -was briefly readingraebow on there too. Currently just have a cosplay account called bamsmackpaw that I use to make animal versions of hero outfits. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11743-welian/ said:
@welian[/URL] is all very true, don't remember anything by name but the snowball fight remind me of some kind of winter event thing that I saw on there at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
@readingraebow, I thought the username looked kind of familiar. oAe...

What a bunch of nerds, reuniting on RPN. We should probably go back to talking about the RP before I have to lay down some advertising warnings, though. New policy dictates that we're are only allowed to share offsite contact information in private messages, to prevent skeevy lurkers for getting our info through public channels.

[QUOTE="Manic Muse]What if we made it like a 48 hour event over a weekend?

[/QUOTE]
That would be amazing, but we have an RPer in Scotland, one in like, Romania, another in Brazil.... If anything, I'd make it one week long. At the end of seven days, bam. Mandatory timeskip.

@Manic Muse[/URL] - lol the epic campaign of 2040, the night we epically defended our piece of shit wall from the Red invasion.

Alternately the Blue Invasion of 2040 a heroic tale of conquering the barbaric Reds by claiming their piece of shit wall In The name of Blue Landia.

The teachers - the time the little shits got hopped up on adrenaline and too much video games and made us freeze our biscuits off for two days.

Their will be a reckoning.

@welian oops sorry got off topic.

Also totally thought manic meant two days in IC....feel like a total der.p.

Um maybe split the difference tween @Manic Muse and me?

Have everyone broken into teams and OOC figure out "outcome of battle"

I.e. Red team took out two blue team members in epic display of bravery but blue team rallied and accidentally set everything on fire winning by a technicality.

Then say everyone has three posts act to this out. Have people maybe volunteer to be casualties?

readingraebow said:
@welian oops sorry got off topic.
Also totally thought manic meant two days in IC....feel like a total der.p.

Um maybe split the difference tween @Manic Muse and me?

Have everyone broken into teams and OOC figure out "outcome of battle"

I.e. Red team took out two blue team members in epic display of bravery but blue team rallied and accidentally set everything on fire winning by a technicality.

Then say everyone has three posts act to this out. Have people maybe volunteer to be casualties?
WHATEVER that was the funniest response!

I mean another thought is we could have an additional tab added and all posts related to the Exam event go there and that can become "the RP event tab" then the rest of the rp continues on?

@readingraebow Forget days. If we had our own tab for the Exam RP our in character peeps could hold out for weeks. Just someone take my character as 'hostage' then I can use her fire abilities to attack the other side. THIS IS WAR!!!

@Aldur Forgehammer gah speedster! +1000 points on pure fangirl enthusiasm.

- 500 points due to sweaty fangirl nitpicking. I do a lot of speedster characters and I've researched the common variation ALOT you have been warned...

Lol jk actually she seems pretty good. If I had to give a few notes :

The charismatic traits kind of reads like she's just a social chameleon or manipulative. Maybe change it to persuasive? Have her able to talk people into stuff they wouldn't normally do.

Now for powers I'm gonna agree with a previous point I think you should change strength to maybe durability just because you specifically state she isn't strong just fast. So maybe her is able to absorb friction or something and take heavier impacts without getting all banged up.

Also the second super power sounds like enhanced reaction/reflexes like her mind is capable of processing things at super speeds when her powers are active?

For weaknesses maybe add something about the metabolic strain of her powers, like how much of an international nerdy strain on her body is moving fast?

Overall score: A+

--------------------------------------------------------

@Manic Muse Laurel would go along with it for a few hours then her sense of hilarity would click on and she'd make some crazy charge at the wall and die heroically in battle. Complete with as much of an over the top punned filled monologue as the others would let her have before literally knocking her out.

readingraebow said:
@Aldur Forgehammer gah speedster! +1000 points on pure fangirl enthusiasm.
- 500 points due to sweaty fangirl nitpicking. I do a lot of speedster characters and I've researched the common variation ALOT you have been warned...

Lol jk actually she seems pretty good. If I had to give a few notes :

The charismatic traits kind of reads like she's just a social chameleon or manipulative. Maybe change it to persuasive? Have her able to talk people into stuff they wouldn't normally do.

Now for powers I'm gonna agree with a previous point I think you should change strength to maybe durability just because you specifically state she isn't strong just fast. So maybe her is able to absorb friction or something and take heavier impacts without getting all banged up.

Also the second super power sounds like enhanced reaction/reflexes like her mind is capable of processing things at super speeds when her powers are active?

For weaknesses maybe add something about the metabolic strain of her powers, like how much of an international nerdy strain on her body is moving fast?

Overall score: A+

--------------------------------------------------------

@Manic Muse Laurel would go along with it for a few hours then her sense of hilarity would click on and she'd make some crazy charge at the wall and die heroically in battle. Complete with as much of an over the top punned filled monologue as the others would let her have before literally knocking her out.
Originally, it was Persuasive, but I changed it cause I thought it was too cheeky. And for the enchanced senses, they work without using powers too. So she could sense the bullet when standing still. And weaknesses I wrote that going for too far makes her temporarily blind and tires her tremendously. Thank you for the input. I'll mingle with it when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back