OOC Discussion

So a bear walks into a bar...

Okay, I don't know where I'm going with that. Ah, but I filled out the app and I figured I should letcha know I'll be slam dunking it into this chat soon enough. (I'm glad I got here in time to see there's a deadline... Nothing like the last minute, hah.) My only question is do I post it in a spoiler or something or do I just go for it?

Formatting terrifies me.

Pigeon said:
Part three! Wow. I did not realize how many character applications there were - and these are just the ones that are still under consideration! This is great! I think this is everyone so far who hasn't been accepted, right?
@Aldur Forgehammer Howdy do!

Ooo, a speedster! That's one of my favorite kinds of superhumans!

I'm really intrigued about the hints you've dropped in Lelantos's Biography tab about her line of work. It sounds decidedly criminal and violent. But I'll leave off on this for now since you haven't yet supplied her history.

As for her superspeed, I have a couple suggestions. Since you've given her a low stat for strength, I'd recommend removing the secondary power of increased strength when she's in superspeed mode or increasing her strength stat. As it is now, it sounds a bit contradictory - and convenient. Or maybe a better term for her secondary power is that she has an advanced level of shock absorption. It's not that she's strong, but when she hits something fast enough to obliterate the bones in any normal human's body, she can take the hit without dying - maybe only a minor sprain. Maybe this might fall more in line with her above average level of Toughness?

Have you considered, too, the effects of friction on her body? How are her joints holding up? Her muscles? Does she need protective gear to avoid wind friction on her skin and eyes? Just some thoughts about other weaknesses she might have.
:)

@Chibii Super interesting thought. I mean, surfing a tornado sounds badass and all kinds of awesome, but it's interesting that that would be the only time Seiko could control them. It does make sense, though, since she'd have constant contact with the swirling
vortex of doom whirlwind. And in order to "stay afloat" she'd probably need to continually push air into it to keep it from dying out on her. That'd be a nasty fall, wouldn't it? :P

@Rida It is an interesting power to consider! But don't be so sure that other characters will avoid yours because she can affect their emotions. Maybe the effects are so subtle other people don't realize she's the one affecting them? It just happens and we, the readers and players of this role-play, are aware of when her power works while our characters are not. But hey, no pressure! I'm sure you'll come up with something fantazzle! :)

Just as I thought! It was supposed to be a weakness of sorts, that she's potentially releasing something that'll kill her teammates.

Pigeon said:
As for his education - my bad for assuming he's had an American education. I do recall you said he was Dutch. Please don't feel pressured to change a thing, but if you'd like for him to have had an American education, I can certainly help you on that subject. And don't feel self-conscious about his age. When I said I thought he was young, I didn't mean I thought he was under qualified, just that he was, you know, young. :P I can absolutely believe he'd be a teacher at that age, but whether he would realistically be one at Facility 108 in the world welian has created, I couldn't say. You'd have to wait for her ruling on the matter. It's possible he could be an intern, though I'm not sure if AEGIS hires interns. He could always be non-faculty staff, too. But don't settle! Keep gunning for that teacher spot! I don't think you need to change his role based on his age, so stick to what you want to do. K? :)
No, Denzil definitely had an American education, I just haven't (' :) ). As for the age thing, in my mind he was fresh out out of university (or whatever it's called, college?) where he did take several classes in education, making him certified to be a teacher, but not very experienced. I prefer to keep him on the not that experienced side of the scale.

The Dutch thing is more that his Dad was Dutch and emigrated to America, but he still has aunts and uncles over in this frog land that he talks to/visits pretty often, not much more. If he had a Dutch education I could even make him a bit younger, maybe, my sister is going to take a second masters in education (for the course specifically though) and when she's done with that she'll be 26. That said, maybe it is easier for me to simply make him a Dutch guy that emigrated, because then I know everything about the education he would have received (I'm taking my exams this year, and I know what I want to study in university, but by the gods, school won't stop hitting me over the head with more information I don't want/need or that I already knew.)

Well, I'm of to school, and after that, and some more thinking about things during that, I'll update his CS

Pigeon said:
Ooo, a speedster! That's one of my favorite kinds of superhumans!
I'm really intrigued about the hints you've dropped in Lelantos's Biography tab about her line of work. It sounds decidedly criminal and violent. But I'll leave off on this for now since you haven't yet supplied her history.

As for her superspeed, I have a couple suggestions. Since you've given her a low stat for strength, I'd recommend removing the secondary power of increased strength when she's in superspeed mode or increasing her strength stat. As it is now, it sounds a bit contradictory - and convenient. Or maybe a better term for her secondary power is that she has an advanced level of shock absorption. It's not that she's strong, but when she hits something fast enough to obliterate the bones in any normal human's body, she can take the hit without dying - maybe only a minor sprain. Maybe this might fall more in line with her above average level of Toughness?

Have you considered, too, the effects of friction on her body? How are her joints holding up? Her muscles? Does she need protective gear to avoid wind friction on her skin and eyes? Just some thoughts about other weaknesses she might have. :)
It does fall more into Toughness than anything. She doesn't have increased strength when using her powers but increased resistance. I do think I need to replace "strong" with something else as she isn't really a body-builder.

And yes. It does affect her body even with the resistance. I stated that she can't maintain the speed for long without going blind and deaf temporarily. You did bring up some good points though. I'll make her abilities more specific and update her History soon.

@Chibii Ah, the cons of playing with weather. But the unpredictability is what makes it so fun!

@Aldur Forgehammer I noticed the blind and deaf drawbacks when I read your profile. I'm curious, are those drawbacks due to wind friction specifically (and whatever other effects apply when travelling close to the speed of sound) or are they due to shock from overworking her body? Both? Also, what ethnicity is she? This isn't necessary - I just don't know where her name comes from. And this is probably a really stupid question, but is Ioana her first or last name? There's a part where you refer to her as Ioana so I wasn't sure if you were calling her by her surname or if that, in fact, was her given name.

This snowball/capture the flag test I've been reading about sounds super duper fun! Aaand... That's all I have to say about that. XP

Made a few tweaks to Klaus, hats off to @Pigeon for the constructive criticism. Tell me if the block thingamajigs don't show. Or any problems with the code, mobile editing is a real tricky business.

vos Scheiffer, Klaus

• Full NameKlaus vos Scheiffer
    CodenameN/A
    GenderMale
    Age50
    RankA
    RoleDisciplinary Counselor
    SubjectN/A
    RaceCaucasian (German)
    Eyes Light blue
    Hair Short and loosely combed, bright blonde
    Height1.80 m
    BuildAthletic and slim
    LimiterLevel 3, inactive
    NotesLooks astoundingly young for an almost elder

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pigeon

I'd say it's from overworking her body. Her father's Romanian and her mother's American. Ioana (pronounced ee-wah-nah) is her first name and Claudia is her middle name. I also added more to History. Still not completely done tho.

6 pages in one day fucking hell people calm your shit!

I'm not even going to bother reading back through these, literally too much effort.

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]You guys have no chill. She's most likely in class.

[/QUOTE]
Whenever I'm in class, she's out of class .___.

Timezones hate me.

Pigeon said:
@too much idea Your updated 5th and 6th weaknesses look good! I do have another question for you now: what is the purpose of having to see someone use their powerfor Mitch to absorb it? Actually, now that I write it, I'm wondering if it's something of a power restriction. Just curious how it would work with people who don't physically look any different when they're using their power. Anyway, this is nothing I thinkneeds to be added ot altered in your profile. I was just curious. :)
yes, it's a power restriction.

1. I think that it will be too easy if Mitch could just borrow someone's power and learn how to use it, and when an emergency comes she could just borrow it again and mastered it already.
  2. You could say that her copying power 'learn' with her. Mitch learned how to use it while her power 'learned' how to generate the same power.
  3. It is indeed will be a little bit of tricky with 'unseen power' like telepathic ability, nullification, and maybe chronokinesis/time stopping. Mitch have to 'get it' first before she could copy and use that power, so she does not exactly 100% able to borrow any kind of power (For example, a pyrokinesis ability. It's an ability that enables you to control fire, both ones around the user and the user could also produce flame out of nothing. You could use it this way and that way etc)

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]Ioana, Călătoru
  • Full NameCălătoru Ioana Claudia
    CodenameLelantos
    GenderFemale
    Age22
    RankB
    RoleStudent
    SubjectN/A
    RaceCaucasian
    Eyes Hazel
    Hair Platinum(Originally Brown)
    Height5’7
    BuildToned, curvacious
    LimiterLevel 3, Active
    NotesA fistfull of piercings and a sleeve tattoo on her left hand. Also lip scar.
[/QUOTE]
I think... it's done. If anyone wants to throw some more feedback, I'd appreciate it.

RemainingQuestions said:
De Klerk, Denzil
  • Full NameDenzil De Klerk
    CodenameN/A
    GenderMale
    Age28
    RankC
    RoleTeacher
    SubjectPolitical Powers
    RaceAmerican (Dutch)
    Eyes Brown
    Hair Brown, in dreads
    Height6'1"
    BuildMuscular
    LimiterLevel 1, inactive
    NotesAlways has a flower in his hair.
Here is Denzil2.0, with a completely re-vamped history, and with some changes to his powers too.

Edit: @welian

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]I think... it's done. If anyone wants to throw some more feedback, I'd appreciate it.

[/QUOTE]
This is a tiny thing, but the name used in general and history doesn't match with the name used in powers. That said, it looks really good, I especially like the history. Also, the weakness where her senses stop functioning if she keeps her power up for too long really well thought out.

Pigeon said:
@Sunbather You. You're cool.

Arcadia sound a-mazing! I'm particularly loving your use of creative writing to illustrate her redundant, repetitive, and overall inarticulate nature of speech. It's so wonderfully characterized, and it drives the point home: Arcadia rambles. It's her process. Get over it.

xD
I also love that you've chosen a chaotic neutral alignment for her - she's a regular Jack Sparrow, huh? But, you know, for the technological age of superhumans.

One question I have for you - can Arcadia only use her power when she has zapped herself into a computer/machine? Or is she like Micah from Heroes who can "talk to technology" by simply touching the device?

And I'm just putting this last thing out there: how long can Arcadia survive inside a computer? If she were trapped and she refuses to emerge in her physical body, could she live in a computer indefinitely? Or does she need to come out for food and water (and air?) eventually? I'm also wondering if she can only be truly trapped in computers that are air-gapped, ones that have never had connection to the internet. If a device has some internet connection, could she theoretically travel along those lines into another device?

I know next to nothing about technology, so sincere apologies if what I've just said is laughable nonsense.

Those are actually great questions! Okay, so she cannot just talk to technology, no. But she can basically let her body just sit there and look like she'd dose off while "being" inside the machine. So she definitely has to make contact, basically. She has no trouble breathing whatsoever when inside. As for food and water, that genuinely never crossed my mind. I'm thinking she doesn't need it to remain existent, but her body would show decay if deprived of nutrients for too long.

She can travel through the internet, but not if it's not connected at all. Previous connections don't influence that.

RemainingQuestions said:
This is a tiny thing, but the name used in general and history doesn't match with the name used in powers. That said, it looks really good, I especially like the history. Also, the weakness where her senses stop functioning if she keeps her power up for too long really well thought out.
The one I used in her powers is the codename. To be fair, I decided on her codename before her actual name, but I left that there cause I thought it'd be cool. And it's nice to hear you like the history. I think it's pretty cheesy, but thanks.

[QUOTE="Nyu Nyu]
So a bear walks into a bar...

Okay, I don't know where I'm going with that. Ah, but I filled out the app and I figured I should letcha know I'll be slam dunking it into this chat soon enough. (I'm glad I got here in time to see there's a deadline... Nothing like the last minute, hah.) My only question is do I post it in a spoiler or something or do I just go for it?

Formatting terrifies me.

[/QUOTE]
You just post it in the chat. Maybe tag welian just so she knows to look for it.

@Aldur Forgehammer - could you repost your profile so we can see the finished version?

But yeah the changes you made seem awesome, eager to se her finished profile.

right so

@welian

TRAMMEL, EDEN

• Full NameEden Trammel
    CodenameN/A
    GenderMale
    AgeNineteen
    RankA
    RoleStudent
    SubjectN/A
    RaceCaucasian
    Eyes Green
    Hair Hot pink
    Height6' 1"
    BuildSlightly thin but still healthy and lean (rather average)
    LimiterLevel Three; Active
    NotesA few (negligible) scars from those "high-strain incidents"

@Lazy Rocktime

You might want to change the Vos in his name. It's Dutch and Isn't like Von or Zu, which are put between the first and last name. So It doesn't really make sense.

Vos Itself is a surname. So you wouldn't be able to use It with Scheiffer.

It would,however, make sense If you changed his name to Klaus de Vos.

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]The one I used in her powers is the codename. To be fair, I decided on her codename before her actual name, but I left that there cause I thought it'd be cool. And it's nice to hear you like the history. I think it's pretty cheesy, but thanks.

[/QUOTE]
I... did not connect those two, oops. The premise has the tendency to go cliche but the way you wrote it makes it not cliche. Or at least, that's what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back