[OOC] Communications

Thorn, one of the villains, is actually aligned with Poison Ivy. What I might suggest is you wait to make a villain until you are better acquainted with the RP and feel invested in it enough that a potential character depth - to you - would feel more like an addition to the story than a personal loss. 

Alrighty! I don't mind all that much if a character dies, but I appreciate the advice. I'll get to work on my angsty heroine ASAP

A new Announcement is available and the IC has technically kicked off! :D  Progress, people, progress.

Didn't quite catch that this was a reboot and made a character... let me know if the parent-spot I grabbed is unavailable, since I'll have to remake.

Otherwise, let me know if he needs toning down or some such. ^

@Sir Les Paul

@Archon The character design, overall, is pretty nice. There are two primary issues with the character that do need addressed. No real way to avoid them: first, Deathstroke in this DC universe is not the one from Arrow; second, I would at least like to see some history. In this universe, Slade Wilson was closest to the Young Justice iteration of himself. He was not an Australian mercenary; he was an elite assassin previously aligned with R'as al Ghul - and it was through his arts that he gained his relatively superhuman feats. In this continuity, Slade is dead and has been for longer than Ryan has been alive. These provide some mechanical issues that do need addressed; namely, that this RP does take place in 2060 - some good time in the future. My suggestion would be to go further down the lineage to make Ryan the son of Grant Wilson, thus the grandfather of Slade. Grant was experimented on by HIVE and essentially had similar abilities to Slade himself, albeit nowhere near as badass. If you want to base the character around that and tone him down to fit the general character consensus (the traits could simply be halved due to being down the line), you could become a well-off villain in Star City. You can also PM me with some ideas as you may want to tie him to some type of organizational background.

@Archon The character design, overall, is pretty nice. There are two primary issues with the character that do need addressed. No real way to avoid them: first, Deathstroke in this DC universe is not the one from Arrow; second, I would at least like to see some history. In this universe, Slade Wilson was closest to the Young Justice iteration of himself. He was not an Australian mercenary; he was an elite assassin previously aligned with R'as al Ghul - and it was through his arts that he gained his relatively superhuman feats. In this continuity, Slade is dead and has been for longer than Ryan has been alive. These provide some mechanical issues that do need addressed; namely, that this RP does take place in 2060 - some good time in the future. My suggestion would be to go further down the lineage to make Ryan the son of Grant Wilson, thus the grandfather of Slade. Grant was experimented on by HIVE and essentially had similar abilities to Slade himself, albeit nowhere near as badass. If you want to base the character around that and tone him down to fit the general character consensus (the traits could simply be halved due to being down the line), you could become a well-off villain in Star City. You can also PM me with some ideas as you may want to tie him to some type of organizational background.

Alright, character is complete. ^

Not sure he needs to be tied to any organisations... Not yet, at least.

Let me know if all is well, or if anything needs adjusting!

Out of curiosity, how does one actually get to the Watchtower/JLA satellite?  Rockets?  Teleporters?

Out of curiosity, how does one actually get to the Watchtower/JLA satellite?  Rockets?  Teleporters?

Some can likely fly by different means if they'd like.

I'd assume Zeta Tubes would be the main way to travel. (Unless I'm wrong.)

If you ever saw Young Justice they were used a lot. But basically teleporters that recognize if your a league member or not...?

Here's a pic.

(Young Justice Season 3 Hype.)

latest

^ Zeta tubes. 

In a recent IC post, you can see that Scyleia is in the Watchtower and Thrall recognizes that obviously Waller had to approve her through the Zeta tubes. Same concept.

My character sheet is gone, shoot. Apparently it logged me out, pretty frustrated so I'm not in the mood to make a character right now anymore. Gonna make it when I'm less angry.

Ouch. I hate it when that happens! The site has gotten slightly better about timing out, but when it happens, there's no retrieval due to the way the text box works now. Used to, Google Chrome would save a draft, but not anymore. 

Most high casual/advanced roleplays have a 4 - 5 post cycle at maximum anyway - especially in large groups. Like me, Anno has a lot to juggle as well. Patience is important for longevity. 

As many of you know, I am a child of the 90's. As many of you also know, Pokemon Sun & Moon was just released. I may be considerably slower on responses until I'm the next Pokemon Champion. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back