[Guide] The Titans Initiative

Guide

Sir Les Paul

The Duke of Chords
Supporter
Titans Initiative

File Upload...
▓ ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌Complete▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ▓

"The new League will be made of people with self-control. Restraint. Discipline. The age of Heroes is over."
— Joseph Waller, III

The Titan Initiative is a first line training program for young talent, meta-humans and people of interest whom intend on joining the United League of Justice (ULJ). The program is designed in to shape potential recruits into the ideal 'agents' as per the objective definitions of the Hand of Justice, Joseph Waller, III. More specifically, it is aimed at creating more reliable members of the League and straightening out troublesome youths.

The new Titans are located in San Francisco, California within the third Titan Tower created by Victor Stone (Cyborg) himself. Not only do these halls echo with the nostalgia of the previous generation of Titans, lead then by the late, legendary Nightwing, but they boast resources, security and a constructive environment for Titans as they make their way to becoming fully established Agents of the League.

The Titans take elements from the former success of teams comprised of 'side kicks' of mainstream heroes and into their maturity as heroes themselves. There is no mistake in the thought that the Titans are an independent branch of the ULJ, not just a group set aside for training. Thus, all members of the Titans Initiative are at minimum dubbed Junior Agents and represent the League individually.

Unlike all other members of the League, the Titans are not divided into the Alpha, Beta and Gamma Branches. Titans are assigned onto teams based on their individual personalities, teamwork and their perceived potential for success among a set of individuals. Therefore, teams within the Titans focus more on developing teamwork skills in the present before working on integrating into various teams. Teams will also have the opportunity to be more diverse than most other branches, resulting in more immediate exposure to others of different abilities and power levels.

Last edited:
"You need to know your place. End of story.."
— Scarlet Rose, International Mercenary

Titan HierarchyThe Titan Hierarchy exists as a separate ranking system from standard League Ranks. This is to support the autonomous learning environment the Titans Initiative attempts to create. The Hierarchy applies only to those classified as Titans and is overrode when a Titan is promoted to a full-fledged Agent. Notably, this type of hierarchy exists only in the Titans and no other branch, excluding the Vanguard.

Tier One Titans are the most veteran, experienced and often leaders. In most scenarios, Tier One is a probationary rank before promotion to full-fledged Agent or is a long-term leader for an individual team within the Titans. This Tier commands the most respect and authority, only below the overseers of the Titans Initiative itself. Within this Tier, a Titan is allowed to manage their team, Titans of Tier Two or Three of other teams and confer with other Tier Ones. At Tier One, Titans are expected to manage their team and work with others effectively. Because of this, they are allowed to 'clear' rooms for Titans of lower ranks by request (effectively asking them to leave) and request silence. They also maintain priority over training rooms and equipment--although the abundance within the Titans Tower should never call for such.

Tier Two Titans are solely defined as Titans capable of going on missions outside of the Titans Tower. Thus, most Titans are Tier Two. It is within this rank that Titans are expected to learn how to not only function as part of a team, but be swapped between teams and respect the tasks given to them by authority figures, including Tier One Titans. It is considered one of the largest tasks of these Titans to consider their Tier Ones as authority figures despite also being a Titan. This rank is not a designation of skill, power level or ability, but conditioning within the League and knowing the basic principles of being a Junior Agent.

Tier Three Titans are entry-level rookies that are considered unsafe for practice outside of the Tower for whatever reason. These Titans are often left with 24-hour power restrictions if applicable. Titans at this rank may be considered a danger to themselves, others or the overall image of the League--or all three. At this level, Titans are learning what it means to be an agent and what rules they have to follow as well as being taught basic coordination skills, teamwork functions and bodily conditioning. Notably, this rank can also be used as a punishment for Tier Two's whom become rowdy or dysfunctional.

"This would have been nice back in the day, eh, Waller?"
— Agent Love, the Enforcer

EquipmentWTComms v1 are the communicators used by the League, being phased in after their development. Created to specifications by Waller, these devices have been optimized by the greatest resources available to the ULJ, including Wayne Industries and LexCorp. The communicators feature a simple two-button with a rotating dial around the buttons found in its center. The top button is the basic communication button. Holding it down will allow the user to speak and a triple tap will activate a live recording mode. The bottom button is a utility button with various uses, often used for translation. The dial allows the user to switch to up to six different channels. These communicators, while simplistic, are designed for the utmost security. Any single transmission is not sent solely through radio frequencies, but split into two signals. One signal is sent to the receiver while the other is sent to the Watchtower, which is then sent to the receiver using an advanced encoding-decoding process. Up to twelve different security measures are implemented in less than .08 seconds on average, all of which are required and no single manufacturer is responsible for creating all of these measures. On-the-fly changes, including simple adjustments like volume, are impossible. Software installed on authorized League interfaces are the only method of altering channels, accessing stored audio files and changing basic settings.

WTBand v1 is an arm-mounted display with a variety of sensors and capabilities. On the simplest level, it includes a GPS, dual 3-axis accelerometers, a 3 axis gyroscope, heart rate monitor, ambient light sensor, digital compas, barometer, altimeter, and microprocessor . One could compare the WTBand to a fitness tracker, but that would vastly undermine it. For agents that opt for it, the user can install various baroreceptors, chemoreceptors, electronic diagnostic tools and mechanical sensors inside of their body that the Band can read in real time and send back to the Watchtower. The band can do far more than any Fitbit could dream of and has various other tools, including frequency scanners. When using the WTBand and WTComms together, the WTBand can pick up various signals across a large spectrum and allow the user to receive them. This can range from simple FM radio signals of the user wants to listen to music to eavesdropping on low-level encrypted conversations that the Band or its link to the Watchtower can break. Additionally, the WTBand can provide secure access to wireless alterations to the WTComms, such as altering volume and other settings.

League Identification Badge is precisely what it sounds like. Equipped with a high-security chip to be scanned, a matching DNA sequence found randomly within their genome and a GPS tracker, these badges exist for security and, obviously, to identify their owner. Every member of the League has one and every member of the League is given their own code and number. Older members of the League, such as Wonder Woman and the original Superman, reserve their original identification numbers. League Badges also contain a three millimeter inserted chip which has access to significant funds across the globe. These 'chips' have effectively replaced credit and/or debit cards in security and safety and are most commonly found as inserts into phones (comparable to SIM cards), although they can be in other devices or security cards.

Power Disruption Device (PDD or Power Discs) is a general term referring to any device that weakens, prevents the use of or otherwise nullifies the abilities of a Titan. Mostly used for Tier Three Titans, these devices work in various ways and are created most often by LexCorp. Often, these devices come in the form of small, skin-adherent discs that must be placed on the skin. Depending on the requirements of the device, a single one can last anywhere from a week to a month. These devices are remote controlled by administrators of the Titans Initiative--almost never another Titan, including Tier Ones. Unless training to control powers is part of a Tier Three regiment, these devices are normally worn for the duration of a Titan's time as a Tier Three--although a Titan can request off days to use their abilities for whatever reason, generally recreational time.

Last edited:
"Communication is key to activity."
— Sir Les Paul

Posting GuidelinesA longer version of this exists here.

Alright, average posting rates tend to be one post per 4 - 7 days. I like to allow flexibility, but I also like things to move. Ideally, I would like two posts per week, but life doesn't always allow that. This isn't a bad pace in my opinion and I do try to enforce it most of the time. If something comes up, contact me. If you can't keep it up habitually, we might have to reconsider things.

Posting quality: Ideally, I want three paragraphs. One reacting, one doing something internal for the character, and one giving others something to potentially react to. Each post will be different, obviously, so this is a rule of thumb. I like posts to flow as a smooth 'train' of sorts, not to be haphazard all over the place. This means excessively lengthy posts can grate me just as much as short ones.

Third person. If you roleplay here, you will write third person for a majority of the time. This isn't to say you cannot take some creative freedoms sometimes, but I personally cannot stand reading consistent first person.

You can squeak by with 2 paragraphs if you work it well together, but I'm by far and large not a fan of one-liners. The line has to be outrageously badass for me to be okay with it.

A rule for all posters is the inclusion of a side code containing your specific location (within a thread) and those that you would tag. You may add whatever else you want to it, but the requirements are as follows:

Code:
[side=left/right][b]Location:[/b]
[b]Tags:[/b][/side]

Lastly, here is my walk-through for collab posts.

"We can always work something out."
— Sir Les Paul

Character CreationA longer version of this (also meant for the original Beta Protocol) exists here.

I often help a lot in making characters because I really want them to fit this world. This guide is considerably shorter than the other, but it's still quite important to check out the other to get a firm grasp of the world. You can see it in full by going here, but honestly, I don't expect everyone to become experts coming in.

The best way to come in is to approach me directly with your idea and see if we can work it in. In fact, I've often made entire events to make an idea work; the White Light Redemption is an example of this. I cannot emphasize this enough. I also want to keep these outlines short since the other guide is quite a bit longer, so the biggest thing for me to point out is how much easier things can be if you come up with a rough idea--or a few--or explore the world some if you're that type of person, then come to me.

Alright, the former character theme to Beta Protocol was no-to-low power. Well, that's changing somewhat. The Titans are not bound by branches, thus neither are characters. The rest of the RP outside of the Titans plotline will involve those low-to-no powered heroes, but this guide isn't for them. Now, the RP is open to a lot of diversity, however, I do want to stress that even with a whole lot of potential unlocked, I want characters made for this world. This is not a typical DC alternate universe. This is set in 2060, there's a bit of history going on and I will happily work with you to make it work, but what I don't want to see is a character that could be plopped in just about any DC AU.

Other than that, ask me, and my final piece of advice is always: make a character you will enjoy playing.

Character sheets, the character list and characters can be found here.

[/size][/font]
[/color]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread