[OOC] Communications

In terms of pure skill, Nightwing is above Deathstroke, yes. I will reveal R'as later; we've discussed that. When I say CQC, I literally only mean her raw skill in martial arts and combat. She would stand no chance against someone like Wonder Woman, obviously. However, her skill is enough to allow her to--at her peak--deal with others like Deathstroke (whom is stronger), Liam (same), Asura (with his speed) and even the Commander (whose abilities you don't know yet). Her skill is a huge gap ahead. It just hasn't been debuted because she is in her fallen grace period.

In an actual fight, Nightwing (Jessica Grayson), should be capable of defeating Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Asura, the Commander, Scyliea, Karoline, Kal'Aya, Question, and a few others. Her skill makes up for her lack in strength--such is the disparity. 

I'm a huge Nightwing fan despite being Marvel, so this is more a tribute to Dick Grayson being a badass in my eyes, but also because I want to make Jessica feel relevant beyond the being the next Grayson.

That makes me wonder though, Deathstroke's entire relevance to the Star City plot is being a challenge that the whole of Team Arrow must overcome by working together. That should mean in direct combat without the chemistry or teamwork, he should be capable of handling Kary, Liam, Skyler, Jenna and Inferna simultaneously.

If in a singular duel, Nightwing is his superior - or even his equal - then isn't Team Arrow a little... underpowered? The Gothamites have a huge heavy hitter in Black Beetle whilst Bludhaven has Nightwing. Unless Skyler's veterancy puts him on a level similar to Deatstroke, but if that's the case wouldn't Team Arrow vs Ryan Wilson be overkill for the good guys?

I have literally no problem with the skill levels presented, I don't want Deathstroke to be anywhere near as strong as Slade - and I fancy the idea of an epic Wilson vs Grayson duel in the future - but I'm having a hard time placing the general ability of multiple people. Specifically, Team Arrow and Deathstroke.

Last edited by a moderator:
If in a singular duel, Nightwing is his superior - or even his equal - then isn't Team Arrow a little... underpowered?

I'm going to PM you that answer because there is something I think you forgot that we discussed that should enlighten you entirely. Overall, though, to anyone in the crowd watching, my immediate response is that what one is capable of in a one-on-one duel does not reflect their abilities in the real world.

@Archon I may have racked my brain just hard enough to eventually find a way to knock Waller down a peg or two... just thought you'd appreciate knowing that might be in store eventually. :D

@Archon I may have racked my brain just hard enough to eventually find a way to knock Waller down a peg or two... just thought you'd appreciate knowing that might be in store eventually. :D

Question is gonna be a dick about that. 

"I knew this was going to happen."

"Welcome to the plane of mortals Waller."

Question is gonna be a dick about that.

Question, Damien Wayne, Tim Drake... probably the only people alive in the RP that 'may' know the secret. Black Beetle probably isn't even in on the privy. And, honestly, your Question probably doesn't know. It would need to be the original.

Question, Damien Wayne, Tim Drake... probably the only people alive in the RP that 'may' know the secret. Black Beetle probably isn't even in on the privy. And, honestly, your Question probably doesn't know. It would need to be the original.

He may come to find out, especially with access to your tablet which happens to be linked to the UJL archives, mainframe, and server and by extension, security system and communications system. However, Szasz already thinks he has dirt on Waller that he's looking into.

There is a new update to the RP! This one is actually one of the more interesting ones. I've added a 'guide' for the RP to try and make it just a little more friendly. The update has the full logs, but you can check it out just by going to the home screen and clicking on the link or going through the OOC forum. Either way, it should provide quite a few answers.

@NecroKnight This is what I was working on. You could take a look if you want.

giphy.gif

I don't usually give praise, but when I do I do it smashingly.

Well I just finished reading that guide, and buddy, well done. Gotta say I really do appreciate the effort you all and everyone else has put into this. So once again, nice job.

@Sir Les Paul @AnnoDomini @sitanomoto

On another note, I've finally figured out a song for Alphus.

So hypothetically, the tabletQuestion possesses has the potential to destroy the league if it were to fall into the wrong hands?

So hypothetically, the tabletQuestion possesses has the potential to destroy the league if it were to fall into the wrong hands?

No. It's designed to only open to his fingerprint in combination with a micro-DNA sample. I guess I'll add that in... but WAD's all have various security systems, none quite the same.

So, if this is a Universe most closely related to the Justice League tv series, does that mean we live in the universe where Vic Sage attempted to assassinate a popular US presidential candidate?

I haven't quite figured out how I want to approach events like these, to be honest. While the timeline follows Justice League, the events may not all be the same.

So, if this is a Universe most closely related to the Justice League tv series, does that mean we live in the universe where Vic Sage attempted to assassinate a popular US presidential candidate?

I half expected the video to be about Donald Trump tbh

Let's not get the OOC political in the real world, gentlemen...

...besides, I don't want to see a Kryptonite-fueled Donald Trump.

Let's not get the OOC political in the real world, gentlemen...

...besides, I don't want to see a Kryptonite-fueled Donald Trump.

Says the man with a character known as "the Wall". 

Kidding, of course. Ironically, I don't think Trump will be a bad President, he's just fun to meme.

FYI - I'm on a plane all day tomorrow, and will be in all day training Wednesday-Friday.  And then doing it all over again next week.  I'll be up for replies in the evening but I also may be too blasted by the schedule to do much.  Just thought I'd give some heads up if I'm slow over the next two weeks.  Particularly for you @Hell-Jumper. :)

Finding appropriate pictures for female characters is absurdly hard... especially when you envision them as darker-toned.

Fml.

I am likely going to be stupidly busy until this weekend. My proctor is part of the board  (which itself is really weird to call them that)  that is going through a routine audit, which in turn means I'm playing secretary/bad cop for safety standards and whatnot. It adds on 2+ hours to each shift. Overtime is sexy,  but its time out of my RP schedule. 

@ChazGhost @Sir Les Paul

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys in a bit, but between finishing the last few of my days not on a diet, beginning boxing, and birthday celebrations, I've been a bit busy!

Should have a post up before the night's over tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back